The upgrade to DSD is now $495. Bummer that I waited too long.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed on a DAC upgrade Last post on 9/30/12 at 5:19pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Balanced DACs $600 - $1600, the segment explodes Last post on 8/8/13 at 11:13pm in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC Compare anyone? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:57am in Dedicated Source Components
- I2S Input? Last post on 12/9/13 at 8:32am in Dedicated Source Components
- USB DAC made in USA? Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:42am in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2? - Page 77post #1141 of 13906/7/13 at 1:11pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1142 of 13906/7/13 at 1:23pmpost #1143 of 13906/7/13 at 3:47pm
That's outrageous... but a good tactic to push people to just go for the full upgrade.post #1144 of 13906/7/13 at 5:03pmpost #1145 of 13906/7/13 at 5:07pmpost #1146 of 13906/7/13 at 5:08pmpost #1147 of 13906/7/13 at 5:38pm
Some moons back, many of the albums I wanted to hear weren't on DVD-A or SACD. Save a very select few @ $100 a pop! Okay, maybe a few dollars less, but...post #1148 of 13906/8/13 at 11:03amThread Starterpost #1149 of 13906/8/13 at 11:35am
I am wavering on the upgrades....I am really satisfied now. Other than my OCD for the latest thing, really am not sure if I will take the upgrade plunge....post #1150 of 13906/8/13 at 1:17pmpost #1151 of 13906/9/13 at 8:21pmThread Starterpost #1152 of 13906/16/13 at 5:10am
New W4S DAC-2 user here. I got the silver one as the supplier here does not have the black one on stock. I have been reading through this thread for a while now until I have finally decided to get one for myself.
Out of the box I am loving the sound, well I have my hopes up since I was without a DAC and just had my amp and headphone connected straight to my laptop. And I know it will get better through burn-in.
I am using JRiver MC 18 currently and have a question, do i need to resample my music to 192k in the output format of JRiver? Currently majority of my files are 44.1khz and was wondering if I can tweak JRiver further to get the most out of it. Apologies if this question has been asked before.
Thanks in advance.post #1153 of 13906/16/13 at 6:16ampost #1154 of 13906/16/13 at 6:21amQuote:
Thank you. That's what I thought too.
Question again for those using USB input, do you have the level as fixed or variable?post #1155 of 13906/16/13 at 11:41amThread StarterQuote:Quote:
Fixed. BTW. This needs hours of break-in and it will get much better after that. Not that it was bad out of the box but the improvement was noticeable. Get yourself a descent USB cable as well. You don't have to spend crazy money on it. I got the Cardas and got a deal on it while back and believe I paid under $100.Quote:
- Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Moon Audio silver dragon JH Audio 4 pin to 4.4mm Sony cable ( new... 52 minutes ago
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 5 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 6 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 9 hours, 39 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 10 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 10 hours, 29 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 10 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 10 hours, 57 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 12 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 12 hours, 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear