The upgrade to DSD is now $495. Bummer that I waited too long.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed on a DAC upgrade Last post on 9/30/12 at 5:19pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Balanced DACs $600 - $1600, the segment explodes Last post on 8/8/13 at 11:13pm in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC Compare anyone? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:57am in Dedicated Source Components
- I2S Input? Last post on 12/9/13 at 8:32am in Dedicated Source Components
- USB DAC made in USA? Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:42am in Computer Audio
Who would have ever thought that cans that cost 20~ bucks could sound pretty good, well some how Superlux did it and this is the result. I have the Presonus HD 7 which is essentially the same...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2? - Page 77
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
That's outrageous... but a good tactic to push people to just go for the full upgrade.
Some moons back, many of the albums I wanted to hear weren't on DVD-A or SACD. Save a very select few @ $100 a pop! Okay, maybe a few dollars less, but...
I am wavering on the upgrades....I am really satisfied now. Other than my OCD for the latest thing, really am not sure if I will take the upgrade plunge....
New W4S DAC-2 user here. I got the silver one as the supplier here does not have the black one on stock. I have been reading through this thread for a while now until I have finally decided to get one for myself.
Out of the box I am loving the sound, well I have my hopes up since I was without a DAC and just had my amp and headphone connected straight to my laptop. And I know it will get better through burn-in.
I am using JRiver MC 18 currently and have a question, do i need to resample my music to 192k in the output format of JRiver? Currently majority of my files are 44.1khz and was wondering if I can tweak JRiver further to get the most out of it. Apologies if this question has been asked before.
Thanks in advance.
Thank you. That's what I thought too.
Question again for those using USB input, do you have the level as fixed or variable?
Fixed. BTW. This needs hours of break-in and it will get much better after that. Not that it was bad out of the box but the improvement was noticeable. Get yourself a descent USB cable as well. You don't have to spend crazy money on it. I got the Cardas and got a deal on it while back and believe I paid under $100.
- Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions/Appreciation Thread. VSonic's answer to... 8 seconds ago
- › HD 700 near mint 28 seconds ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 2 minutes ago
- › The Audio Technica W3000ANV Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 4 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 5 minutes ago
- › Review: Audio-gd NFB-7 5 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 6 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD 681 by Zulkr9
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2