The upgrade to DSD is now $495. Bummer that I waited too long.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed on a DAC upgrade Last post on 9/30/12 at 5:19pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Balanced DACs $600 - $1600, the segment explodes Last post on 8/8/13 at 11:13pm in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC Compare anyone? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:57am in Dedicated Source Components
- I2S Input? Last post on 12/9/13 at 8:32am in Dedicated Source Components
- USB DAC made in USA? Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:42am in Computer Audio
My Setup Tested with my Dell XPS 8700 desktop going optical out to a Yamaha RX-V365 amp (1/4 inch headphone out). I played various files (FLAC, MP3, M4A) at different bit rates using...
I try to keep my reviews simple and understandable so I don't go into a large amount of detail with each part. There are others here that do an excellent job at very in depth and detailed reviews....
I'm an on-ear open junkie, so this high praise says a lot about the PX95. A list of on-ear opens I have in various drawer: AKG K512, PX100-ii, PortaPros, Jays V-Jays, and some more that I can't...
Introduction This is a review of the Superlux hd 681 Evo, Version II. It is my first review on Head-Fi, so bear with me. The particular Evo under review here has roughly 40 hrs of burn-in time...
I Background, gear used and manifesto I first got interested in the ECP Black Diamond around the time of its release. I was in the market for a “flagship” amp but still didn’t know what type of...
Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2? - Page 77
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
That's outrageous... but a good tactic to push people to just go for the full upgrade.
Some moons back, many of the albums I wanted to hear weren't on DVD-A or SACD. Save a very select few @ $100 a pop! Okay, maybe a few dollars less, but...
I am wavering on the upgrades....I am really satisfied now. Other than my OCD for the latest thing, really am not sure if I will take the upgrade plunge....
New W4S DAC-2 user here. I got the silver one as the supplier here does not have the black one on stock. I have been reading through this thread for a while now until I have finally decided to get one for myself.
Out of the box I am loving the sound, well I have my hopes up since I was without a DAC and just had my amp and headphone connected straight to my laptop. And I know it will get better through burn-in.
I am using JRiver MC 18 currently and have a question, do i need to resample my music to 192k in the output format of JRiver? Currently majority of my files are 44.1khz and was wondering if I can tweak JRiver further to get the most out of it. Apologies if this question has been asked before.
Thanks in advance.
Thank you. That's what I thought too.
Question again for those using USB input, do you have the level as fixed or variable?
Fixed. BTW. This needs hours of break-in and it will get much better after that. Not that it was bad out of the box but the improvement was noticeable. Get yourself a descent USB cable as well. You don't have to spend crazy money on it. I got the Cardas and got a deal on it while back and believe I paid under $100.
- Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › The Stax Thread III 9 seconds ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 16 seconds ago
- › CUSTOMART US CIEM Demo Lineup Tour - Including Harmony 8 Pro 17 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 26 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 3 minutes ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 5 minutes ago
- › TDK BA200, LNIB 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for Head-Fi Members in the Nashville / Middle Tennessee /... 5 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 5 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › EarWerkz Supra by moedawg140
- › House of Marley - LEGEND ANC by White Lotus
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)