The upgrade to DSD is now $495. Bummer that I waited too long.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed on a DAC upgrade Last post on 9/30/12 at 5:19pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Balanced DACs $600 - $1600, the segment explodes Last post on 8/8/13 at 11:13pm in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC Compare anyone? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:57am in Dedicated Source Components
- I2S Input? Last post on 4/29/13 at 12:37pm in Dedicated Source Components
- USB DAC made in USA? Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:42am in Computer Audio
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 6/4/13
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
The 880s don't have a lot of color to themselves. They're light comfortable cans that get the job done. They are a well rounded headphone good for someone who can't quite figure out what kind of...
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)
Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2? - Page 77
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
That's outrageous... but a good tactic to push people to just go for the full upgrade.
Some moons back, many of the albums I wanted to hear weren't on DVD-A or SACD. Save a very select few @ $100 a pop! Okay, maybe a few dollars less, but...
New W4S DAC-2 user here. I got the silver one as the supplier here does not have the black one on stock. I have been reading through this thread for a while now until I have finally decided to get one for myself.
Out of the box I am loving the sound, well I have my hopes up since I was without a DAC and just had my amp and headphone connected straight to my laptop. And I know it will get better through burn-in.
I am using JRiver MC 18 currently and have a question, do i need to resample my music to 192k in the output format of JRiver? Currently majority of my files are 44.1khz and was wondering if I can tweak JRiver further to get the most out of it. Apologies if this question has been asked before.
Thanks in advance.
Thank you. That's what I thought too.
Question again for those using USB input, do you have the level as fixed or variable?
Fixed. BTW. This needs hours of break-in and it will get much better after that. Not that it was bad out of the box but the improvement was noticeable. Get yourself a descent USB cable as well. You don't have to spend crazy money on it. I got the Cardas and got a deal on it while back and believe I paid under $100.
- Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Seattle Sunday New Year Meet 01/05/14 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 2 minutes ago
- › Official/ New York Spring Meet Sat April 5 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 4 minutes ago
- › The Accudio app by golden ears, a headphone revolution. 4 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 4 minutes ago
- › Is a Xonar DG(X) worth it for a Superlux 681 ? 5 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Amp stacking 8 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude