I would guess the latter. Parts are parts....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed on a DAC upgrade Last post on 9/30/12 at 5:19pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Balanced DACs $600 - $1600, the segment explodes Last post on 8/8/13 at 11:13pm in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC Compare anyone? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:57am in Dedicated Source Components
- I2S Input? Last post on 12/9/13 at 8:32am in Dedicated Source Components
- USB DAC made in USA? Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:42am in Computer Audio
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 12/10/13
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2? - Page 70post #1036 of 13335/10/13 at 8:45am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1037 of 13335/10/13 at 10:15am
Oof. I'm glad I didn't see this before I bought my DAC-2 a week or so ago. Although I'm anxious to read impressions, an "se" upgrade is an expense I'm hoping to avoid.
Incidentally, does anyone else have a DAC-2 with black buttons?post #1038 of 13335/10/13 at 10:32ampost #1039 of 13335/10/13 at 10:45amThread Starterpost #1040 of 13335/10/13 at 11:38amQuote:
Then it would be a no brainier to get brand new assuming you're able to sell it for close to what you paid for it. 5 year warranty justifies itpost #1041 of 13335/16/13 at 3:53pmQuote:
Yes, my silver DAC-2 has black buttons.post #1042 of 13335/16/13 at 4:16pmpost #1043 of 13335/16/13 at 5:19pmQuote:
Tempting... I've decided to go the DSD upgrade route.post #1044 of 13335/16/13 at 6:15pm
It's been a fine unit. Customer Service has always been outstanding from the company. Currently, evaluating whether to try something new altogether on this audio journey (for variety and new experience) or upgrade/purchase and stay the course for another 2-3 years.
Will know more when I examine my tea tins (stand-in for piggy bank).post #1045 of 13335/16/13 at 7:42pmpost #1046 of 13335/16/13 at 8:07pmpost #1047 of 13335/16/13 at 9:39pm
The Antelope Zodiac Gold + Voltikus has caught my attention. Not today rather, some moons back... when I was really broke. Now I'm just broke - hey, we're making progress! So maybe now I give it a closer look.
Since I got my start working and playing in audio, it was around the Pro Audio crowd and Musicians first. So, I have an appreciation for gears with Pro Audio roots.
dallan, you considering this upgrade 'round June-July-August?post #1048 of 13335/16/13 at 10:24pm
Well, I noticed W4S added another version of the DAC-2 (the DAC-2 DSD). I only got my DAC-2 a couple weeks ago so I sent Clint a note. Anyway, we worked it out and I'm going to get the DSD upgrade. I hate to part with my DAC for the time it'll take for the upgrade, but I felt I had to act.post #1049 of 13335/16/13 at 10:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by OPR8R
Well, I noticed W4S added another version of the DAC-2 (the DAC-2 DSD). I only got my DAC-2 a couple weeks ago so I sent Clint a note. Anyway, we worked it out and I'm going to get the DSD upgrade. I hate to part with my DAC for the time it'll take for the upgrade, but I felt I had to act.
But... they're just down the highway from you. Congrats on workin' it out, though.post #1050 of 13335/16/13 at 10:35pmQuote:
Thanks. I thought about driving it down, but decided I won't push my luck
- Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 24 seconds ago
- › The Basshead Club 42 seconds ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Appreciation Society 1 minute ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Welcome & Introduction for DC/VA/MD Head-Fiers 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion,... 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 2 minutes ago
- › Battlefield 4 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob