I would guess the latter. Parts are parts....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed on a DAC upgrade Last post on 9/30/12 at 5:19pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Balanced DACs $600 - $1600, the segment explodes Last post on 8/8/13 at 11:13pm in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC Compare anyone? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:57am in Dedicated Source Components
- I2S Input? Last post on 12/9/13 at 8:32am in Dedicated Source Components
- USB DAC made in USA? Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:42am in Computer Audio
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 1/22/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio)Last edited: 12/10/13
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2? - Page 70post #1036 of 13105/10/13 at 8:45am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1037 of 13105/10/13 at 10:15am
Oof. I'm glad I didn't see this before I bought my DAC-2 a week or so ago. Although I'm anxious to read impressions, an "se" upgrade is an expense I'm hoping to avoid.
Incidentally, does anyone else have a DAC-2 with black buttons?post #1038 of 13105/10/13 at 10:32ampost #1039 of 13105/10/13 at 10:45amThread Starterpost #1040 of 13105/10/13 at 11:38amQuote:
Then it would be a no brainier to get brand new assuming you're able to sell it for close to what you paid for it. 5 year warranty justifies itpost #1041 of 13105/16/13 at 3:53pmQuote:
Yes, my silver DAC-2 has black buttons.post #1042 of 13105/16/13 at 4:16pmpost #1043 of 13105/16/13 at 5:19pmQuote:
Tempting... I've decided to go the DSD upgrade route.post #1044 of 13105/16/13 at 6:15pm
It's been a fine unit. Customer Service has always been outstanding from the company. Currently, evaluating whether to try something new altogether on this audio journey (for variety and new experience) or upgrade/purchase and stay the course for another 2-3 years.
Will know more when I examine my tea tins (stand-in for piggy bank).post #1045 of 13105/16/13 at 7:42pmpost #1046 of 13105/16/13 at 8:07pmpost #1047 of 13105/16/13 at 9:39pm
The Antelope Zodiac Gold + Voltikus has caught my attention. Not today rather, some moons back... when I was really broke. Now I'm just broke - hey, we're making progress! So maybe now I give it a closer look.
Since I got my start working and playing in audio, it was around the Pro Audio crowd and Musicians first. So, I have an appreciation for gears with Pro Audio roots.
dallan, you considering this upgrade 'round June-July-August?post #1048 of 13105/16/13 at 10:24pm
Well, I noticed W4S added another version of the DAC-2 (the DAC-2 DSD). I only got my DAC-2 a couple weeks ago so I sent Clint a note. Anyway, we worked it out and I'm going to get the DSD upgrade. I hate to part with my DAC for the time it'll take for the upgrade, but I felt I had to act.post #1049 of 13105/16/13 at 10:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by OPR8R
Well, I noticed W4S added another version of the DAC-2 (the DAC-2 DSD). I only got my DAC-2 a couple weeks ago so I sent Clint a note. Anyway, we worked it out and I'm going to get the DSD upgrade. I hate to part with my DAC for the time it'll take for the upgrade, but I felt I had to act.
But... they're just down the highway from you. Congrats on workin' it out, though.post #1050 of 13105/16/13 at 10:35pmQuote:
Thanks. I thought about driving it down, but decided I won't push my luck
- Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ V1 Hybrid (2BA + Dynamic driver) 12 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 28 seconds ago
- › Doodlebug - USB Isolator 40 seconds ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 44 seconds ago
- › Unique Melody 3X Universal Triple Hybrid - AUSTRALIAN TOUR and... 47 seconds ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions / Appreciation Thread (It's... 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 6 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude