I would guess the latter. Parts are parts....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed on a DAC upgrade Last post on 9/30/12 at 5:19pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Balanced DACs $600 - $1600, the segment explodes Last post on 8/8/13 at 11:13pm in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC Compare anyone? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:57am in Dedicated Source Components
- I2S Input? Last post on 12/9/13 at 8:32am in Dedicated Source Components
- USB DAC made in USA? Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:42am in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
When I first started looking for a pair of CIEMs, I was determined to find the best one in the $1000 region that would serve me equally well for everyday listening as well as stage use (I play in a...
Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2? - Page 70post #1036 of 13865/10/13 at 8:45am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1037 of 13865/10/13 at 10:15am
Oof. I'm glad I didn't see this before I bought my DAC-2 a week or so ago. Although I'm anxious to read impressions, an "se" upgrade is an expense I'm hoping to avoid.
Incidentally, does anyone else have a DAC-2 with black buttons?post #1038 of 13865/10/13 at 10:32ampost #1039 of 13865/10/13 at 10:45amThread Starterpost #1040 of 13865/10/13 at 11:38amQuote:
Then it would be a no brainier to get brand new assuming you're able to sell it for close to what you paid for it. 5 year warranty justifies itpost #1041 of 13865/16/13 at 3:53pmQuote:
Yes, my silver DAC-2 has black buttons.post #1042 of 13865/16/13 at 4:16pmpost #1043 of 13865/16/13 at 5:19pmQuote:
Tempting... I've decided to go the DSD upgrade route.post #1044 of 13865/16/13 at 6:15pm
It's been a fine unit. Customer Service has always been outstanding from the company. Currently, evaluating whether to try something new altogether on this audio journey (for variety and new experience) or upgrade/purchase and stay the course for another 2-3 years.
Will know more when I examine my tea tins (stand-in for piggy bank).post #1045 of 13865/16/13 at 7:42pmpost #1046 of 13865/16/13 at 8:07pmpost #1047 of 13865/16/13 at 9:39pm
The Antelope Zodiac Gold + Voltikus has caught my attention. Not today rather, some moons back... when I was really broke. Now I'm just broke - hey, we're making progress! So maybe now I give it a closer look.
Since I got my start working and playing in audio, it was around the Pro Audio crowd and Musicians first. So, I have an appreciation for gears with Pro Audio roots.
dallan, you considering this upgrade 'round June-July-August?post #1048 of 13865/16/13 at 10:24pm
Well, I noticed W4S added another version of the DAC-2 (the DAC-2 DSD). I only got my DAC-2 a couple weeks ago so I sent Clint a note. Anyway, we worked it out and I'm going to get the DSD upgrade. I hate to part with my DAC for the time it'll take for the upgrade, but I felt I had to act.post #1049 of 13865/16/13 at 10:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by OPR8R
Well, I noticed W4S added another version of the DAC-2 (the DAC-2 DSD). I only got my DAC-2 a couple weeks ago so I sent Clint a note. Anyway, we worked it out and I'm going to get the DSD upgrade. I hate to part with my DAC for the time it'll take for the upgrade, but I felt I had to act.
But... they're just down the highway from you. Congrats on workin' it out, though.post #1050 of 13865/16/13 at 10:35pmQuote:
Thanks. I thought about driving it down, but decided I won't push my luck
- Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Denon AH-7200 55 seconds ago
- › RHA Dacamp L1, CL1 Ceramic & CL750 Review Tour 2 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 3 minutes ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Neurochrome HP-1: Ultra-High End Headphone Amp 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo obsolete? 5 minutes ago
- › Grace Design x Massdrop m9XX DAC/Amp Review: First Impressions 6 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 9 minutes ago
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear