I would guess the latter. Parts are parts....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Advice needed on a DAC upgrade Last post on 9/30/12 at 5:19pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Balanced DACs $600 - $1600, the segment explodes Last post on 8/8/13 at 11:13pm in Dedicated Source Components
- DAC Compare anyone? Last post on 9/16/12 at 7:57am in Dedicated Source Components
- I2S Input? Last post on 12/9/13 at 8:32am in Dedicated Source Components
- USB DAC made in USA? Last post on 9/16/12 at 2:42am in Computer Audio
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2? - Page 70post #1036 of 13845/10/13 at 8:45am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1037 of 13845/10/13 at 10:15am
Oof. I'm glad I didn't see this before I bought my DAC-2 a week or so ago. Although I'm anxious to read impressions, an "se" upgrade is an expense I'm hoping to avoid.
Incidentally, does anyone else have a DAC-2 with black buttons?post #1038 of 13845/10/13 at 10:32ampost #1039 of 13845/10/13 at 10:45amThread Starterpost #1040 of 13845/10/13 at 11:38amQuote:
Then it would be a no brainier to get brand new assuming you're able to sell it for close to what you paid for it. 5 year warranty justifies itpost #1041 of 13845/16/13 at 3:53pmQuote:
Yes, my silver DAC-2 has black buttons.post #1042 of 13845/16/13 at 4:16pmpost #1043 of 13845/16/13 at 5:19pmQuote:
Tempting... I've decided to go the DSD upgrade route.post #1044 of 13845/16/13 at 6:15pm
It's been a fine unit. Customer Service has always been outstanding from the company. Currently, evaluating whether to try something new altogether on this audio journey (for variety and new experience) or upgrade/purchase and stay the course for another 2-3 years.
Will know more when I examine my tea tins (stand-in for piggy bank).post #1045 of 13845/16/13 at 7:42pmpost #1046 of 13845/16/13 at 8:07pmpost #1047 of 13845/16/13 at 9:39pm
The Antelope Zodiac Gold + Voltikus has caught my attention. Not today rather, some moons back... when I was really broke. Now I'm just broke - hey, we're making progress! So maybe now I give it a closer look.
Since I got my start working and playing in audio, it was around the Pro Audio crowd and Musicians first. So, I have an appreciation for gears with Pro Audio roots.
dallan, you considering this upgrade 'round June-July-August?post #1048 of 13845/16/13 at 10:24pm
Well, I noticed W4S added another version of the DAC-2 (the DAC-2 DSD). I only got my DAC-2 a couple weeks ago so I sent Clint a note. Anyway, we worked it out and I'm going to get the DSD upgrade. I hate to part with my DAC for the time it'll take for the upgrade, but I felt I had to act.post #1049 of 13845/16/13 at 10:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by OPR8R
Well, I noticed W4S added another version of the DAC-2 (the DAC-2 DSD). I only got my DAC-2 a couple weeks ago so I sent Clint a note. Anyway, we worked it out and I'm going to get the DSD upgrade. I hate to part with my DAC for the time it'll take for the upgrade, but I felt I had to act.
But... they're just down the highway from you. Congrats on workin' it out, though.post #1050 of 13845/16/13 at 10:35pmQuote:
Thanks. I thought about driving it down, but decided I won't push my luck
- Does anyone own the Wyred4sound DAC 2?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 21 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 30 seconds ago
- › 2016 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange sign up 57 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › New Matrix Audio X-Server info (and a bit about the X-Sabre 2 as well) 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear