You are going to have a very hard time finding over ear headphones that are considered "portable". I think in the headphone world the ATH-M50 will be your best bet. I wouldn't call them portable. If you'd consider on the ear then something like Koss PortaPros or Sennheiser PX100 or PX100-II, which are actually considered portable. If you want REAL portability then get IEMs. Something like the MeElectronics M6, Maximo iM-590, or Klipsch S4. Use the search feature, you will find plenty of reviews.
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › help a newbie!
- productAKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Bluetagged by System, 8/23/10
- brandFischer Audiotagged by System, 8/23/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/23/10
- brandJaystagged by System, 8/23/10
- productJays V Jaystagged by System, 8/23/10
- brandKosstagged by System, 8/23/10
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 8/23/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/23/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/23/10
- productSennheiser PX 100 Collapsible Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/10More
- productSennheiser PX200 Collapsible High-Performance Closed Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/23/10
- productSennheiser PX 200W Collapsable High Performance Closed Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/10
- productShure SE420-K Sound Isolating Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser px200 vs px200-II Last post on 7/20/10 at 4:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 202 or Portapro or any other? Last post on 8/29/11 at 7:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portable headphones, that is as portable as the Koss Portapros? Last post on 2/9/11 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- whats better then Portapros Last post on 9/4/10 at 11:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- The BEST full sized headphones for $30 USD or less (updated Nov. 27 2013)? Last post on 11/25/13 at 10:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This will be a short review as there are a few other reviews that go into great depth listing all of the specs. I mainly joined this tour to basically get another chance at the X7 and try the amp...
It beats my old Marantz HD-DAC1 in every way. Clarity, smooth, details... my HD650 seems not able to show its full potential. I assume, K812 or T1 will be better match. My K1000 shows new life...
About me: [[SPOILER]] Preamble:Looking down at the vast landscape of Head-Fi and audio technology in general, I have noticed quite a few things over the past two years. Firstly, the crazy products,...
Introduction – It can be hard to find a rational reason to purchase a set of bookshelf speakers when there are so many fantastic computer out there that offer more features and similar sound...
Gear references Favourite: D2000 (balanced with sub-bass and upper-midrange emphasis) Neutrality: SRH940 (though with a slight treble emphasis) IEM reference: Aurisonics...
help a newbie! - Page 2post #16 of 198/28/10 at 10:11pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 198/30/10 at 6:41pmThread Starterpost #18 of 198/30/10 at 8:41pmpost #19 of 199/5/10 at 9:02pm
All 3 models fit your criteria - reproduce good music, isolation, comfort & price range.
Personally, I prefer the HD 448 for its nice, balanced sound.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- help a newbie!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
Currently, there are 3031 Active Users (504 Members and 2527 Guests)
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 13 seconds ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 16 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 34 seconds ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 4 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info (Post #2), Resources (Post #3) and... 5 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO AM2 - Medium Power Amplifier Module for X7 by howdy
- › DiDiT DAC212 by Runningwater
- › Soundaware Esther by FUYU
- › Edifier R1700BT Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Active Near-field... by ryanjsoo
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by crinacle
- › Cyberdrive Seiun Player JR2 by ExpatinJapan
- › Brainwavz Krudul Duo Earphone Storage Management System Hanger by B9Scrambler
- › Gigaset Earphones by B9Scrambler
- › OPPO HA-2 by ryanjsoo
- › TFZ Series 1 by Hisoundfi
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...