You are going to have a very hard time finding over ear headphones that are considered "portable". I think in the headphone world the ATH-M50 will be your best bet. I wouldn't call them portable. If you'd consider on the ear then something like Koss PortaPros or Sennheiser PX100 or PX100-II, which are actually considered portable. If you want REAL portability then get IEMs. Something like the MeElectronics M6, Maximo iM-590, or Klipsch S4. Use the search feature, you will find plenty of reviews.
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › help a newbie!
- productAKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Bluetagged by System, 8/23/10
- brandFischer Audiotagged by System, 8/23/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/23/10
- brandJaystagged by System, 8/23/10
- productJays V Jaystagged by System, 8/23/10
- brandKosstagged by System, 8/23/10
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 8/23/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/23/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/23/10
- productSennheiser PX 100 Collapsible Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/10More
- productSennheiser PX200 Collapsible High-Performance Closed Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/23/10
- productSennheiser PX 200W Collapsable High Performance Closed Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/10
- productShure SE420-K Sound Isolating Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser px200 vs px200-II Last post on 7/20/10 at 4:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 202 or Portapro or any other? Last post on 8/29/11 at 7:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portable headphones, that is as portable as the Koss Portapros? Last post on 2/9/11 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- whats better then Portapros Last post on 9/4/10 at 11:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- The BEST full sized headphones for $30 USD or less (updated Nov. 27 2013)? Last post on 11/25/13 at 10:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The E5 is so close to being a giant killer but it has a few major flaws in my opinion. This is a technically oriented review. I like neutral sound signatures and bit perfect playback. I don't...
"Massdrop Blue Box - NuForce HEM IEMs" special drop pricing = $169.99*; Actual MSRP = $399.00 (I joined the drop on Massdrop and received the HEM6; LINK. You can find these and the other...
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
-- I give you Lend Me UR Ears house brand Alpha & Delta D2 Sports Earphone: **A few Disclaimers to get out of the way here**: #1 – I was approached by Lend Me UR Ears to review the...
I really like the t-90; I have had them for about two months and really enjoy the brightness. I also have the T70p and the t-5p second gen. I like the t70p better than anything so far. The t 90...
help a newbie! - Page 2post #16 of 198/28/10 at 10:11pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 198/30/10 at 6:41pmThread Starterpost #18 of 198/30/10 at 8:41pmpost #19 of 199/5/10 at 9:02pm
All 3 models fit your criteria - reproduce good music, isolation, comfort & price range.
Personally, I prefer the HD 448 for its nice, balanced sound.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- help a newbie!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
Currently, there are 2815 Active Users (453 Members and 2362 Guests)
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 30 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 56 seconds ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 1 minute ago
- › Grado GS1000 GS-1000 GS1 GS1K [ Official Customer Satisfaction/... 1 minute ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 7 minutes ago
- › Melbourne classifieds link thread 8 minutes ago
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by vapman
- › NuForce HEM6 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Triple... by Hi-Fi EDU
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse