You are going to have a very hard time finding over ear headphones that are considered "portable". I think in the headphone world the ATH-M50 will be your best bet. I wouldn't call them portable. If you'd consider on the ear then something like Koss PortaPros or Sennheiser PX100 or PX100-II, which are actually considered portable. If you want REAL portability then get IEMs. Something like the MeElectronics M6, Maximo iM-590, or Klipsch S4. Use the search feature, you will find plenty of reviews.
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › help a newbie!
- productAKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Bluetagged by System, 8/23/10
- brandFischer Audiotagged by System, 8/23/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/23/10
- brandJaystagged by System, 8/23/10
- productJays V Jaystagged by System, 8/23/10
- brandKosstagged by System, 8/23/10
- productKoss PortaPro Headphones with Casetagged by System, 8/23/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/23/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/23/10
- productSennheiser PX 100 Collapsible Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/10More
- productSennheiser PX200 Collapsible High-Performance Closed Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/23/10
- productSennheiser PX 200W Collapsable High Performance Closed Headphonestagged by System, 8/23/10
- productShure SE420-K Sound Isolating Earphones (Black)tagged by System, 8/23/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser px200 vs px200-II Last post on 7/20/10 at 4:10am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 202 or Portapro or any other? Last post on 8/29/11 at 7:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best portable headphones, that is as portable as the Koss Portapros? Last post on 2/9/11 at 4:03pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- whats better then Portapros Last post on 9/4/10 at 11:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- The BEST full sized headphones for $30 USD or less (updated Nov. 27 2013)? Last post on 11/25/13 at 10:55am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
SOUNDMAGIC E50S IN EAR MONITOR REVIEW Firstly, like to thank SoundMAGIC for supplying the E50S Review unit Features and Design The E50S is the latest in ear monitor from SoundMAGIC....
My initial impressions of this headphone were good, but it has taken a week for me of careful listening to really appreciate their qualities and purpose. Ultimately, I love these headphones and...
Overview, design and build: The CKR10 is currently the flagship dynamic driver earphones from Audio Technica. I bought it used from another Head-Fi user. Packaging and accesories are simple but...
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as buffer (Current amp). It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter...
help a newbie! - Page 2post #16 of 198/28/10 at 10:11pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 198/30/10 at 6:41pmThread Starterpost #18 of 198/30/10 at 8:41pmpost #19 of 199/5/10 at 9:02pm
All 3 models fit your criteria - reproduce good music, isolation, comfort & price range.
Personally, I prefer the HD 448 for its nice, balanced sound.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- help a newbie!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
Currently, there are 2917 Active Users (496 Members and 2421 Guests)
- › Fatal flaw with Audeze EL-8 ??? 9 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 30 seconds ago
- › Fresh From The Oven: iBasso P5 "Falcon" 2 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 and HDVA 600 Review 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 MODS 8 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2