I have a pair of musician westone custom molded earplugs with the ER-9 button filters. The filters are removable and I was thinking I could turn these molds into a nice IEM. I tried plugging my CX300s into the molds but they didnt fit properly and didnt sound right. Is there a nice sounding off the shelf IEM that can seal properly to the button plug hole? It would be nice to use these as custom plugs as well as custom IEMs.
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Can custom Westone earplugs double as a nice IEM?
Related Forum Threads
- Westone ES5 Last post on 5/17/15 at 11:36pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic HF3 replacement 'phones Last post on 9/15/12 at 5:26am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can't decide on my first actual Hi-end IEMs - help needed Last post on 9/18/12 at 8:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Help finding IEMs or headphones under $800. Big soundstage, rich vocals, slightly sparkling highs Last post on 9/9/12 at 9:13am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Passive vs. active crossover Last post on 9/19/14 at 7:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I actually have the ES900m, which doesn't have microphone and control buttons, but the rest is the same. For $6 it's impossible to buy a pair of earphones as good as them. I really believe...
This review will compare between the two semi-flagship headphones from two companies; The K712 headphones from AKG, and the HD700 from Sennheiser. "Expect and discover. The perfection." -box...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample of your Hammo S headphones. Still fresh in my mind how I almost missed an opportunity to review...
I have been using a E09K to power my DT990 600ohm cans for over two years now, long enough that I don't really remember exactly when I got it but for sure over two years. I use this thing every...
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
Can custom Westone earplugs double as a nice IEM?post #1 of 28/22/10 at 11:09pmThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 28/23/10 at 4:58am
ACS have a pair of earphones that are designed to fit in place of the ER-9/15/25 filters.
Just be careful that you don't wear out the earmoulds because as you change filters more often the filter will be less strongly held by the moulds.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Can custom Westone earplugs double as a nice IEM?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
Currently, there are 2524 Active Users (437 Members and 2087 Guests)
- › Question about output impedance / transducer impedance ratio 24 seconds ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 4 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 4 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 6 minutes ago
- › Terminologies that I can't get quite right, please help D: 7 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 8 minutes ago
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by twister6
- › FiiO E09K by Chuck Canada
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2