I recently went to Guitar Center and tried out the m50s and shure 840s but I left the store without buying a pair of headphones since I couldn't decide yet. Any help guys? I'm using them for more treble sided music and gaming (sc2 so no fanciness about cs and hearing where the bullet came from)
Related Forum Threads
- [review/comparison] Shure SRH 840, Audio Technica ATH-M50, M-Audio Studiophile Q40, Pioneer HDJ-2000 Last post on 12/6/14 at 1:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphone choices Last post on 9/6/10 at 12:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- M50 or SRH840 for rock/folk ? Last post on 8/10/10 at 4:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SRH840 or ATH-M50 or AH-D1001? It all depends really... Let's look Last post on 10/11/10 at 3:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure 4ECs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Brainwavz continues to step up their game. This time it's in the realm of Bluetooth! The BLU-100 is a budget-priced IEM that is very well-designed and offers very good sound for anyone that needs...
AT M50s vs Shure SRH 840post #1 of 58/22/10 at 5:09pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 58/22/10 at 5:15pm
I have tried the M50s, SRH750 djs, and the SRH 840s and personally I like the 750s the best. The M50s are a muddy on the bass end, the the overall sound for the 750s is more attractive to me than the 840s. Personally I would suggest either the 750s or the 840s cause in my opinion the 750s >>>> M50s.
EDIT: You said treble side music and gaming so I strongly strongly suggest the ADH 700s. Those have amazing soundstage (for gaming) and also are really really nice on the treble end. The headphones you were considering are bass heavy headphones that might not suit your tastes as much.
Edited by hudamanium - 8/22/10 at 5:17pmpost #3 of 58/22/10 at 5:16pmpost #4 of 58/22/10 at 5:22pmThread Starter
- AT M50s vs Shure SRH 840
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › The Tera player thread - All your questions answered ! 1 minute ago
- › Here's what Beats by Dre president says about the headphones that... 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › iFi audio iPower - universal Ultra-Low Noise AC/DC adapter 1 minute ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Opinions please on an unexpected purchase! 2 minutes ago
- › AMP for Sony XB 700? 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Beyerdynamic EDT 250 Velour Padded Earcushions for DT250, DT280,... by Trevayne10
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by julian67
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2