I recently went to Guitar Center and tried out the m50s and shure 840s but I left the store without buying a pair of headphones since I couldn't decide yet. Any help guys? I'm using them for more treble sided music and gaming (sc2 so no fanciness about cs and hearing where the bullet came from)
Related Forum Threads
- [review/comparison] Shure SRH 840, Audio Technica ATH-M50, M-Audio Studiophile Q40, Pioneer HDJ-2000 Last post on 10/28/13 at 4:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphone choices Last post on 9/6/10 at 12:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- M50 or SRH840 for rock/folk ? Last post on 8/10/10 at 4:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SRH840 or ATH-M50 or AH-D1001? It all depends really... Let's look Last post on 10/11/10 at 3:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)Last edited: 5/13/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: Yesterday
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
AT M50s vs Shure SRH 840post #1 of 58/22/10 at 5:09pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 58/22/10 at 5:15pm
I have tried the M50s, SRH750 djs, and the SRH 840s and personally I like the 750s the best. The M50s are a muddy on the bass end, the the overall sound for the 750s is more attractive to me than the 840s. Personally I would suggest either the 750s or the 840s cause in my opinion the 750s >>>> M50s.
EDIT: You said treble side music and gaming so I strongly strongly suggest the ADH 700s. Those have amazing soundstage (for gaming) and also are really really nice on the treble end. The headphones you were considering are bass heavy headphones that might not suit your tastes as much.
Edited by hudamanium - 8/22/10 at 5:17pmpost #3 of 58/22/10 at 5:16pmpost #4 of 58/22/10 at 5:22pmThread Starter
- AT M50s vs Shure SRH 840
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Over-Ear)
- › Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) incoming... 44 seconds ago
- › Vintage DR-119CH Vanco Headphones Anybody Familiar? 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: HisoundAudio BA100 2 minutes ago
- › Astrotec AX60 | Thoughts, Reviews, and Tour Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 3 minutes ago
- › FS: V-DAC 5 minutes ago
- › Nelson Mandela 1918-2013 RIP 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi