I recently went to Guitar Center and tried out the m50s and shure 840s but I left the store without buying a pair of headphones since I couldn't decide yet. Any help guys? I'm using them for more treble sided music and gaming (sc2 so no fanciness about cs and hearing where the bullet came from)
Related Forum Threads
- [review/comparison] Shure SRH 840, Audio Technica ATH-M50, M-Audio Studiophile Q40, Pioneer HDJ-2000 Last post on 6/11/15 at 2:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphone choices Last post on 9/6/10 at 12:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- M50 or SRH840 for rock/folk ? Last post on 8/10/10 at 4:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SRH840 or ATH-M50 or AH-D1001? It all depends really... Let's look Last post on 10/11/10 at 3:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been lucky on my Head-Fi journey to meet and converse with some wonderful people who...
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
First off I want to apologize for taking so long to get this review put together. Circumstances and family responsibility have conspired against me this year in regards to being able put together a...
AT M50s vs Shure SRH 840post #1 of 58/22/10 at 5:09pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 58/22/10 at 5:15pm
I have tried the M50s, SRH750 djs, and the SRH 840s and personally I like the 750s the best. The M50s are a muddy on the bass end, the the overall sound for the 750s is more attractive to me than the 840s. Personally I would suggest either the 750s or the 840s cause in my opinion the 750s >>>> M50s.
EDIT: You said treble side music and gaming so I strongly strongly suggest the ADH 700s. Those have amazing soundstage (for gaming) and also are really really nice on the treble end. The headphones you were considering are bass heavy headphones that might not suit your tastes as much.
Edited by hudamanium - 8/22/10 at 5:17pmpost #3 of 58/22/10 at 5:16pmpost #4 of 58/22/10 at 5:22pmThread Starter
- AT M50s vs Shure SRH 840
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New Grace Design m920 DAC/amp with DSD decoding 35 seconds ago
- › Looking for new earbuds! $80 - $125 57 seconds ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 57 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ihifi 770 & 770c Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr & Lyr 2 Tube Compatibility List 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser's Momentum 2.0 aren't actually that good... 7 minutes ago
- › Looking for a portable over - ear headphone 8 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3