I recently went to Guitar Center and tried out the m50s and shure 840s but I left the store without buying a pair of headphones since I couldn't decide yet. Any help guys? I'm using them for more treble sided music and gaming (sc2 so no fanciness about cs and hearing where the bullet came from)
Related Forum Threads
- [review/comparison] Shure SRH 840, Audio Technica ATH-M50, M-Audio Studiophile Q40, Pioneer HDJ-2000 Last post on 12/6/14 at 1:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphone choices Last post on 9/6/10 at 12:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- M50 or SRH840 for rock/folk ? Last post on 8/10/10 at 4:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SRH840 or ATH-M50 or AH-D1001? It all depends really... Let's look Last post on 10/11/10 at 3:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Here we go again. It seems like every other review I've done lately has been on some product from this up-and-coming company that is making a name for itself. Luckily for us, this IEM from...
I tested it with Dr.Chesky's Binaural album and Depeche Mode flacs. What I like most is of course bass response..it is more than enough, maybe a bit exaggerated, aggressive. Overall, I am...
I used this sound card for 5 years. It replaced that time my previous card M-Audio Audiophile 2496. As far as I know at present (2014/2015) it is not possible to buy this card as new in Europe....
So I got these real cheap, I thought what the heck for $15 I can't go wrong.....I was wrong. Well they are listenable, I hardly call them a gaming headphone besides the mic built in, explosions...
Well I only had it for a week now and being listening to it about 3-5 hours a day even before I go to bed yes this is how good it is to me. My only other DAP's I have it to compare to are the DX50...
AT M50s vs Shure SRH 840post #1 of 58/22/10 at 5:09pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 58/22/10 at 5:15pm
I have tried the M50s, SRH750 djs, and the SRH 840s and personally I like the 750s the best. The M50s are a muddy on the bass end, the the overall sound for the 750s is more attractive to me than the 840s. Personally I would suggest either the 750s or the 840s cause in my opinion the 750s >>>> M50s.
EDIT: You said treble side music and gaming so I strongly strongly suggest the ADH 700s. Those have amazing soundstage (for gaming) and also are really really nice on the treble end. The headphones you were considering are bass heavy headphones that might not suit your tastes as much.
Edited by hudamanium - 8/22/10 at 5:17pmpost #3 of 58/22/10 at 5:16pmpost #4 of 58/22/10 at 5:22pmThread Starter
- AT M50s vs Shure SRH 840
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › what COMPANY makes the best headphones 14 seconds ago
- › DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3 30 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 37 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 39 seconds ago
- › PS4 still down, recommend a set of AT'a to research 1 minute ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 1 minute ago
- › JH 13 PRO FreqPhase CIEM - CIEM Sold, Toxic Cables still available 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD900x Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 2 minutes ago
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)