I recently went to Guitar Center and tried out the m50s and shure 840s but I left the store without buying a pair of headphones since I couldn't decide yet. Any help guys? I'm using them for more treble sided music and gaming (sc2 so no fanciness about cs and hearing where the bullet came from)
Related Forum Threads
- [review/comparison] Shure SRH 840, Audio Technica ATH-M50, M-Audio Studiophile Q40, Pioneer HDJ-2000 Last post on 10/28/13 at 4:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Closed headphone choices Last post on 9/6/10 at 12:28am in Headphones (full-size)
- M50 or SRH840 for rock/folk ? Last post on 8/10/10 at 4:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
- SRH840 or ATH-M50 or AH-D1001? It all depends really... Let's look Last post on 10/11/10 at 3:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- KNS 8400 / ATH M-50 / DT 770 / SRH840?? Last post on 6/19/12 at 2:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
AT M50s vs Shure SRH 840post #1 of 58/22/10 at 5:09pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 58/22/10 at 5:15pm
I have tried the M50s, SRH750 djs, and the SRH 840s and personally I like the 750s the best. The M50s are a muddy on the bass end, the the overall sound for the 750s is more attractive to me than the 840s. Personally I would suggest either the 750s or the 840s cause in my opinion the 750s >>>> M50s.
EDIT: You said treble side music and gaming so I strongly strongly suggest the ADH 700s. Those have amazing soundstage (for gaming) and also are really really nice on the treble end. The headphones you were considering are bass heavy headphones that might not suit your tastes as much.
Edited by hudamanium - 8/22/10 at 5:17pmpost #3 of 58/22/10 at 5:16pmpost #4 of 58/22/10 at 5:22pmThread Starter
- AT M50s vs Shure SRH 840
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Q701 impressions thread 23 seconds ago
- › Recommendation for: Closed Headphones (~$400) 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Toronto Winter 2014 Meet 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 4 minutes ago
- › I will surely hate myself 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)