Excellent avatar, James McProgger. BTW: after checking out your profile it would appear that your taste in tunes is almost identical to mine... I have multiple albums from almost every band you listed. Especially fond of the Swedish Prog....
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/13/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 3/1/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/22/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/22/10
- brandWoodiestagged by System, 3/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- SR60-Mod part II Last post on 12/12/15 at 7:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- What headphones do you have, and what do you still want? Last post on 10/8/13 at 9:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Official Grado-Beyerdynamic Fan Club (for those who love BOTH! :) Last post on 11/14/12 at 5:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Grado Head With A Fostex Fetish Last post on 8/1/12 at 6:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/21/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
1) Initial Impression The silver cable is very well made, a great product from Singapore. The sleeves feel very smooth with no rubbery texture. The audio jack and the Y splitter is the standard...
Introduction – Although they are the highest terms of numbering, the R2000DB still occupy the second highest performance bracket just below the S1000DB. With a considerably increased asking price,...
SR60-Mod - Page 296
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4427 of 50036/14/11 at 8:27pm
Muslin is what the old lady told me to look at.. I wandered about the store and found some black cloth that is similar to that muslin stuff in thickness (I can see through it) It's similar to what they use to make bandanas but a bit nicer. I'm sure the muslin would work too, I just picked up this cloth because it was black.. If you go into the craft store and ask for something like muslin but colored they would probably point you towards something like what I've got :)Quote:Originally Posted by wje
Chris, that's great to hear. So, the cloth was muslin that you purchased, right?
Also, I just wanted to ensure you were not attacked by an old ladies while you were in the store.Quote:Quote:Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger
My sr80's in aluminium cups feels too bassy still, i'd rather something flat with a nice punch, kind of like the MS1. So i'll give it a try to that felt Chris speak of. Isnt that the one in wedding dresses? I believe my mom has a very old one in her closet. wouldnt harm anyone...
Wje, got the MS1 already?
Yeah, add the cloth on the back of the driver, It helps clean up the bass so much that I actually repoked one of the holes :)
I'll take some pictures.
See? Its just some super thin black cotton cloth. You can see where I poked one of the holes.post #4428 of 50036/14/11 at 8:28pmpost #4429 of 50036/14/11 at 8:28pmQuote:
I was actually trying to confirm the cloth because when he initially posted about it, he called it moslin. My mother was a sewer, so I was pretty familiar with fabrics.post #4430 of 50036/14/11 at 8:30pmpost #4431 of 50036/14/11 at 8:31pm
Actually, they should arrive on Thursday - about a day and a half to go. Once the weekend arrives, I'll put all of my Grado and Alessandro gear on the floor and take a picture of it. I think I'm a bit over the top at this point. Oh well, it's a "safe" hobby - and, I don't have a Twitter account.post #4432 of 50036/14/11 at 8:33pmQuote:
I have a hardware store that's on my way home from work. I should stop there some day and see if they carry the same aluminum screen that Bilavideo has said that he uses. If anyone would carry it, it would be that store. I think our "big box" Home Depot, Lowes and Menards stores would be glad to sell you about 100 square feet of the screen, but it would take a whole lifetime to use it up.post #4433 of 50036/14/11 at 8:37pmpost #4434 of 50036/14/11 at 8:47pmQuote:
yeah, it is muslin :)Quote:
yeah, that is actually Carbon Fiber in the center of the Y split. It's awesome :) Stefan is a mad man. Yeah, I'm not worrying about grills until I'm done messing with the drivers for sure and have the cabled soldered just the way I want it. I might even wait until I get a minute to sand down the faces of the cups.. I don't know if any of you have noticed but they have a few scratches.. Marty didn't notice them, but he did offer to sand them for me, It just seemed silly when I can do it myself. No points against marty though, he simply didn't notice the scratches and I'm sure he will be looking for them now. The scratches are very very artificial, not deep at all, it would take me a few seconds with sandpaper and a bit of lacquer to nix them.
Edited by chrislangley4253 - 6/14/11 at 8:49pmpost #4435 of 50036/14/11 at 8:48pm
Actually, their Web site is pretty complete with regards to items they carry in the store. Here is the link to the fan protectors / filters section to give you an idea of what is being offered: http://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.phtml?N=4294966921&sht=Any&prt=NewProduct& (They have multiple pages of these accessories).post #4436 of 50036/14/11 at 8:53pmpost #4437 of 50036/14/11 at 9:25pmQuote:
Yeah I got your intention, but couldn't pass up the chance to Grammarnazi. Also, uh. Seamstress. EDIT: Oh no, according to wiki sewer is actually a term used to describe one who sews. ><
@chris: thanks for the offer, but shipping to Singapore would be both costly and annoyingly inconvenient for a piece of cloth. I shall procure my own. I was thinking of the tissuepaper because I was trying to have something which would be thin enough to let sound through yet cover up the hole and tame the bass frequencies a little, and that was the first thing that came to mind.
Edited by Nightslayer - 6/14/11 at 10:57pmpost #4438 of 50036/14/11 at 9:30pmpost #4439 of 50036/14/11 at 11:12pm
please excuse the socks.. I loved this picture too much to not share it. I will prolly stick with this stiffened felt as a grill for a couple of reasons. One being that it is easy to put in and take out, I will always have access to the driver.. Secondly it comes in all kinds of colors. I might look into trying to find some dark red or a brown maybe. here it is.
This thread is locked
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Known bugs/issues with latest X7 firmware 1 minute ago
- › Caffeine addicts anonymous 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Help choosing headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 6 minutes ago
- › Grado PS1000's - 50% Off List Price! 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 10 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear