GETTING OFF THE GROUND
I've been burning to get past the false starts and stops and really cut some wood. This is the last week of school (crazy week) but I spent the weekend cutting a bunch of "hockey pucks" to create blocks to lathe.
I used a 3" hole saw to get the pucks started.
I started lathing bevels to get the right external shape.
These "pucks" still needed the proper grooves to make them useful as slip-ons. I used the drill press to get whittle down the wood beneath the mushroom top so I wouldn't overtask the lathe.
Using very fine sandpaper allowed the wood to have a really nice smoothness before lacquering. These have the first coat of lacquer.
Today, I lacquered a big batch. I've got more to do but will get to them after sending these out.