Haha gotta love what our tax dollars are going towards. Instead of them coming like they said they would tomorrow, they came today! Ill post a review tomorrow.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/13/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 3/1/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/22/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/22/10
- brandWoodiestagged by System, 3/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- SR60-Mod part II Last post on 12/12/15 at 7:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- What headphones do you have, and what do you still want? Last post on 10/8/13 at 9:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Official Grado-Beyerdynamic Fan Club (for those who love BOTH! :) Last post on 11/14/12 at 5:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Grado Head With A Fostex Fetish Last post on 8/1/12 at 6:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 12/30/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
SR60-Mod - Page 269post #4021 of 50035/26/11 at 9:40pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4022 of 50035/26/11 at 10:07pmpost #4023 of 50035/26/11 at 10:53pmpost #4024 of 50035/26/11 at 11:03pmpost #4025 of 50035/27/11 at 12:25am
figured out my silver cable.. i'm not even about to think about how much it cost.. I'll just be happy with it :) I'm gonna put 8 conductor silver on my grado's, 4 on my portapros or ksc75's (waiting to get my ksc75s before I decide) and I'm getting a nice 10 food canare extension!
Also working on finalizing some wooden cups and i STILL need to post pics of my freaking headband.. I'll just do it now it's already 2:18 am.. whats a few more minutes?
My dynamat colored black. Also, notice I punched all 10 holes..
See that material on the headband? I really like it there. It is some stuff that my uncle was using to line his toolbox. I snatched some of it and I really like it because it keeps my headphones in place better. It has one of those so smooth it is sticky type textures and it keeps them from slipping around on my head. It would work even better for you baldy's out there lol.
that's all I've got for now..
P.S. My bowls quickly made there way back on :Dpost #4026 of 50035/27/11 at 4:55ampost #4027 of 50035/27/11 at 6:37pmpost #4028 of 50035/27/11 at 7:00pmQuote:
The lack of regular letters (due to e-mail) has created an abundance of postal workers. I've actually found their services over the past few years to be quite quick and efficient - though, I never thought I'd be saying it. I'm looking forward to your review and pictures once you finish your modification project.post #4029 of 50035/27/11 at 7:11pm
Sorry guys, my full review and pictures will have to wait until I am able to source some Dynamat. The only mod left for me to do is vent the driver and Dynamat the back of the driver. So far I have:installed the wood cups, reverse quarter modded the pads, and removed the loin clothe. As it appears to me, the sound seems much crisper and clearer. It also seems to be more lively. These impressions were only from about 2 minutes of listening so pics and a much better review will be up in the next couple of days.post #4030 of 50035/27/11 at 7:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by wildcat46734
Sorry guys, my full review and pictures will have to wait until I am able to source some Dynamat. The only mod left for me to do is vent the driver and Dynamat the back of the driver. So far I have:installed the wood cups, reverse quarter modded the pads, and removed the loin clothe. As it appears to me, the sound seems much crisper and clearer. It also seems to be more lively. These impressions were only from about 2 minutes of listening so pics and a much better review will be up in the next couple of days.
I wish I knew of your need a bit earlier in the week, I would have sent some your way so you would have had it in time for this longer weekend of upgrades. If you need some Dynamat for the backs of the driver magnets, just PM me your information. I'll get you squared away and sent out tomorrow (Saturday) morning so you can get it by the middle of next week.post #4031 of 50035/27/11 at 8:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by wje
I wish I knew of your need a bit earlier in the week, I would have sent some your way so you would have had it in time for this longer weekend of upgrades. If you need some Dynamat for the backs of the driver magnets, just PM me your information. I'll get you squared away and sent out tomorrow (Saturday) morning so you can get it by the middle of next week.
You are a kind man Wayne, bravo!post #4032 of 50035/28/11 at 6:57ampost #4033 of 50035/28/11 at 12:07pm
You guys are awesome!!!!! I'm doing OK, I have discovered IEM's.....now I'm in the IEM rabbit hole and loving it!!!
Bilavideo--I'm ok just tripping with some new/used gear I picked up.....first I am hearing that the E11 is fantastic and I'll be getting one soon as its neat looking and it sounds good so I must have it--LOL.
I got a HM-602 Digital audio player and when I tried it with my modded Grado's (my avatar ones) it sounded so good I almost wet myself--LOL...the DAC and Player with the Grado's is the best sound I've ever heard anywhere in my life and I mean it--for me its the absolute best combo I've heard, why? who knows but the planets align and the headphone God's shine down whenever I put them on my head. Frigging amazing.
I also got some NIB SA-6's that Todd The Vinyl Junkie still had and they are the definition of neutral sounding the way I have them tuned right now, you forget you have anything in your ears with the Comply tips I've gotten for my stuff...man I'm having a ball.
How's the amp Big Bill??
Chris thanks for the PM seeing if I was all right your a good man!!!!!!! E11 Chris-Buy it, love it, use the leftover cash and buy your mom some flowers!!!!
I still have my stock SR60's waiting for a creative idea to come to me, I saw a bunch of stainless steel gimbels earlier in the thread--I like that alot!!!
I think I got to get some of the Mushroom looking Wood shells for these next ones, I got Dynamat, I got stock cans, I just need to hit up side the head with and idea, my other idea is in my avatar and is still making me smile!!! Have a great weekend guys, see you soon....Peace.....Edpost #4034 of 50035/28/11 at 12:49pm
Good to hear from you. Yes, the E11 is a fine amp. I've had mine for about 3 days now along with the LODs that I purchased (for the Walkman and the Fuze). The amp doesn't do much for my Sennheiser HD-555 headphones. However, my Grados - oh my ... such blissful sound is coming "alive" with this amp driving them. For $60, you really can't go wrong. I was actually tossing around the idea at opting for a more lofty Grado such as the RS-1. But, with this amp pushing my woody SR-225 Grados, I really don't think things could get any better.
The portability of this little amp is key. You can charge it up, take your gear to work and work with true audiophile sound at your desk. I never thought I'd see the day. I realize there are probably 15 other "great" amps out there that are worth trying. I'm just happy with this "first" one that I've made the move to. I actually have mine running in Low power mode (changed to this mode by taking out the battery) and setting the switch to the right mode. I have it set to Lo-Gain and NO bass boost. Yet, the Grados just beam with sound. So far, I've only used my Walkman as the source. The Fuze is basically my night time player and is connected to my HD-555 Sennheisers. However, since I did buy a LOD for it, I should give it a try with this amp and see how things work out.
Happy Memorial Day Weekend, everyone !! Stay safe and remember our military service members.post #4035 of 50035/28/11 at 2:49pm
For $60 your getting the last 2% of the magic fomula that is SYNERGY. And when it clicks in and works its very cool isn't it. Think back to the first time you tried it three days ago-did you say out loud "this sounds great" or something similar??? I think I actually said "_uck yeah!!!".....LOL.
The E11 went from a "possibly get" to a "must have it" when the first 10 or so comments I read from people who maybe had it 10 mins to an hour and had to stop listening long enough to sit and write about it here, thats when I know its slammin. If I don't see that kind of reaction and just a few say wow but some say "how do I change this" and that or "does yours ___" then its wait and see time but this was immediate and full of gusto for everyone who got them right away, the hard core guys like us that mod and wait for parts to mod more, it was cool to watch over the past week or so!!!
This thread is locked
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO In-Ear Monitors EX1 2nd gen is on the market now ! 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - Introducing KAISER ENCORE and SAGE 4 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Returning to CANS.... researching is a pain...$600-$1600 4 minutes ago
- › Pioneer XDP-300R | Twin DAC ES9018K2M | Balanced Out | Android |... 6 minutes ago
- › ZMF Ori and Eikon Pad Sale on MassDrop 7 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear