or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SR60-Mod - Page 220  

post #3286 of 5003

thanks man I just bought 2. seems to offer everything the Grado case has and more, for less.

post #3287 of 5003

check this out... this is what the back of my magnets looked like when i opened my headphones up and I'm pretty sure they have never been opened before and the grills were very in tact.

 

GEDC0638.JPG

 

GEDC0641.JPG

 

whatever it is it scratched right off with my fingernail..  It's got me kind of confused unless someone else has opened their headphones to find the magnets black..

post #3288 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintkeat View Post

anyone here using the listening station medium pouch?

 

Any good protection wise? I'd just like to protect the wood.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwallman View Post


$25ish. there is plenty of room in it. no rubbing.
 

 

Just to add to this matter, i use two different cases for my grados

 

109e203d_gradocase.jpg

 

Top: MS1 in HeadRoom Grado case, very very slim and easy to carry. con: might not fit modded grados. got it at the FS forums

 

Below: SR80i in Vaudio case, 25$ at ebay, has detachable shoulder strap belt, bag for DAP or AMP, velcro band for the cable, and everything can be removed to leave only the hard case. this also hold the grado in its place by the shape of the inside, which can also be removed. only con is that turns out to be kind of bulky.

 

Id say first if more portable, second is more protective.

post #3289 of 5003

looks like they used to have some dynamat or something on them and then removed. All of my drivers had black on them and i put some blutak on a pair of 325s before and the black came off like that.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislangley4253 View Post

check this out... this is what the back of my magnets looked like when i opened my headphones up and I'm pretty sure they have never been opened before and the grills were very in tact.

 

GEDC0638.JPG

 

GEDC0641.JPG

 

whatever it is it scratched right off with my fingernail..  It's got me kind of confused unless someone else has opened their headphones to find the magnets black..



 

post #3290 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwallman View Post

looks like they used to have some dynamat or something on them and then removed. All of my drivers had black on them and i put some blutak on a pair of 325s before and the black came off like that.

 



 


OH.. I was thinking that all the drivers came without any paint on the magnet at all..  -shrugs- Thanks for enlightening me other wise.. I'm the one that scratched off the paint :) because I wanted to know what the heck it was. I recolored them with a marker..

 

post #3291 of 5003

I've seen quite a few like that I think it is a way to tell the drivers apart between the various models.

post #3292 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danthrax View Post

I've seen quite a few like that I think it is a way to tell the drivers apart between the various models.



alrighty. Thanks, now I know mine is normal.

post #3293 of 5003
Chris good luck telling the polarity on them haha.

James thanks for the photos! It would seem the Alessandro case would rub on the rod tips especially if you change out the rod tips. The v audio looks top notch! Although bulkier it looks like it'll comfortably fit in my messenger with school notes =D

Should get them soon since Thailand isn't far from where I live. Think it's only a 5 hr flight if I remember correctly heh.
post #3294 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintkeat View Post

Chris good luck telling the polarity on them haha.

James thanks for the photos! It would seem the Alessandro case would rub on the rod tips especially if you change out the rod tips. The v audio looks top notch! Although bulkier it looks like it'll comfortably fit in my messenger with school notes =D

Should get them soon since Thailand isn't far from where I live. Think it's only a 5 hr flight if I remember correctly heh.


why would I have issues with that?

 

post #3295 of 5003
Doesn't look like they marked out the signal line. Is it all black with no red dot?

Ah forgot about using a multimeter to check on the polarity. I didn't think of that the first time I opened up the cans lol. That's what happens when you stay up till 6 in the morning. You get real stupid XD
Edited by Saintkeat - 4/25/11 at 2:51pm
post #3296 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintkeat View Post

Doesn't look like they marked out the signal line. Is it all black with no red dot?

Ah forgot about using a multimeter to check on the polarity. I didn't think of that the first time I opened up the cans lol. That's what happens when you stay up till 6 in the morning. You get real stupid XD

doesn't the color of the wire tell me that? I'm ignorant when it comes to these things.. I have one side with red and black and the other with white and blue.
 

 

post #3297 of 5003
I can't quite remember which was which but mine had a red dot on the back of the driver indicating the signal side. I had different coloured wires too. I do recall the red dot was on the right side of the grado etch on the back of the magnet on both sides. You'd be far safer using a multimeter. I only thought of using it after my work was complete and then realizing I soldered one of the stereo jacks wrong. I used stereo both sides but soldered only one of the signal pins to make them mono.
post #3298 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintkeat View Post

I can't quite remember which was which but mine had a red dot on the back of the driver indicating the signal side. I had different coloured wires too. I do recall the red dot was on the right side of the grado etch on the back of the magnet on both sides. You'd be far safer using a multimeter. I only thought of using it after my work was complete and then realizing I soldered one of the stereo jacks wrong. I used stereo both sides but soldered only one of the signal pins to make them mono.


the right side... is the one that's on the right. i don't see how I could screw it up. Maybe it's just because I'm a noob. I'll be having a buddy with more experience help me recable them when the time comes.

 

post #3299 of 5003
The signal seems to always be on the right side of the GRADO engraving on the back of the magnet right side up. It's the same on the left driver. You'd want to be as sure as possible to avoid desoldering and soldering all over again and risk killing your driver. I used a 60 watt iron and was in and out as soon as I saw the flux flow and the solder melt heh
post #3300 of 5003
Blue wires are ground, red/white are signal.

edit: Don't know about the newer i-model cable, maybe that has blue and black, but MS1i has blue on both sides.
Edited by lawrywild - 4/25/11 at 3:29pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked