or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SR60-Mod - Page 214  

post #3196 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger View Post





by bowls you mean G-cush or the other one in the middle?

 

(flats - one in the middle (cups?) - bowls)


Flats - Comfies - Bowls - Jumbos

Common naming around here afaik.

Flats - S-Cush - L-Cush - G-Cush

Grado naming (never seen another name for Flats)
post #3197 of 5003

OK, but now, The ones that comes with the SR60i and SR80i would be the comfies, so which one are the flats?

 

grado_earpad_photo_pads_110319.jpg

 

I believe teh stocks are the 2, 4 and 5. (comfies, bowl, jumbos)


Edited by JamesMcProgger - 4/21/11 at 6:12pm
post #3198 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger View Post

OK, but now, The ones that comes with the SR60i and SR80i would be the comfies, so which one are the flats?

 

grado_earpad_photo_pads_110319.jpg

 

I believe teh stocks are the 2, 4 and 5. (comfies, bowl, jumbos)

1= flats
3 looks quarter modded comfies.
post #3199 of 5003
post #3200 of 5003

Yeah L-cush are bowls, and I love them, venting the driver is probably the most important thing to making these sound great on the sr60i. With flats or comfies, the bass sounds muffled and muddy compared to the clarity and separation I get with bowls, loving it, voices and guitars sound so much better. =D Happy Panda.

post #3201 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakashiMiike View Post

Yeah L-cush are bowls, and I love them, venting the driver is probably the most important thing to making these sound great on the sr60i. With flats or comfies, the bass sounds muffled and muddy compared to the clarity and separation I get with bowls, loving it, voices and guitars sound so much better. =D Happy Panda.

I love flats.
post #3202 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwallman View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger View Post

OK, but now, The ones that comes with the SR60i and SR80i would be the comfies, so which one are the flats?

 

grado_earpad_photo_pads_110319.jpg

 

I believe teh stocks are the 2, 4 and 5. (comfies, bowl, jumbos)



1= flats
3 looks quarter modded comfies.


3 might be modded black 414 pads... I know alot of people try to turn them into flats, although I do think they look more like modded comfies.

 

post #3203 of 5003

1 and 3 are flats one is the original one is a replica someone is selling because the old ones are no longer sold.

post #3204 of 5003

I see now, So i didnt liked the bowls a.k.a. L-cush, far from comfortable, for that id rather buy a senn HD414 and quarter-mod them, which i did later. I have my bowls unused gathering dust.

post #3205 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danthrax View Post

1 and 3 are flats one is the original one is a replica someone is selling because the old ones are no longer sold.


That's not totally accurate. 1 are the "small flats" that were long ago sold on SR80s. 3 are the current flats which you can still get from TTVJ. Grado stopped selling them, but Todd worked out a deal with the original supplier and still sells them.

 

However it is much cheaper to buy HD414 pads and flat mod them, something that I have done and love. I do need some original flats eventually though.

post #3206 of 5003

I'll have to go for a pads world tour and see which sounds best with mine when the cups come. I'm really curious about the jumbo pad

post #3207 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger View Post

I see now, So i didnt liked the bowls a.k.a. L-cush, far from comfortable, for that id rather buy a senn HD414 and quarter-mod them, which i did later. I have my bowls unused gathering dust.



want to send them to me? The 414's are more comfortable, but I find myself always using the damn bowls.

post #3208 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkz View Post




That's not totally accurate. 1 are the "small flats" that were long ago sold on SR80s. 3 are the current flats which you can still get from TTVJ. Grado stopped selling them, but Todd worked out a deal with the original supplier and still sells them.

 

However it is much cheaper to buy HD414 pads and flat mod them, something that I have done and love. I do need some original flats eventually though.

that settles that. Thanks sharkz!
 

 

post #3209 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintkeat View Post

I'll have to go for a pads world tour and see which sounds best with mine when the cups come. I'm really curious about the jumbo pad



me too. I can imagine what the flats would be like, but not the jumbo's. I doubt I would like the sound sig more than the bowls, and I'm not about to throw down that cash i don't have to see how jumbos feel.

post #3210 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislangley4253 View Post





want to send them to me? The 414's are more comfortable, but I find myself always using the damn bowls.


45$ per pound shipping from where i am to the US biggrin.gif

and this is why i  can not sell my headphones..

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked