or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SR60-Mod - Page 202  

post #3016 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLembke View Post

Can anyone comment on the effect that the depth of the wooden can might have on the sonic performances of the drivers?  

 

As I mentioned, I'm going to attempt get some woodie goodness out of a set of iGrados and while I think that will mean salvaging the drivers and turning the setup into a headband-supported phone, I'm considering trying to make a set of "WoodiGrados".  Make a set of wooden cans and then design a headband-to-can attachment flange of some sort.

 

 


Awesome....something new!!!!  Go for it!!!!! of course I have no idea how to make it work but I'm up for seeing how they turn out. What do you have as a backup plan if those get fried???

 

post #3017 of 5003

Does anyone have any spare parts? Bad luck struck  and I tried to superglue everything together but it didn't work out frown.gif

 

IMG_1568.JPG

post #3018 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclein View Post




Awesome....something new!!!!  Go for it!!!!! of course I have no idea how to make it work but I'm up for seeing how they turn out. What do you have as a backup plan if those get fried???

 

 

I really don't!  All I have right now is a set of iGrados that have a cable going bad.  After reading all of this thread, now I really want to build a set of BillaGrados.  If I can turn what I've got into a set of WoodiGrados - awesome!  If not, I'll end up getting a set of SR60s and start playing with those.  No harm, no foul!
 

 

post #3019 of 5003



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kite7 View Post

Does anyone have any spare parts? Bad luck struck  and I tried to superglue everything together but it didn't work out frown.gif

 

 


I have an extra one, PM your address.  It's for 325, I'm assuming they are all the same.  Grado will also mail those to you for free, which is how I got mine.
 

 


Edited by eujaee - 4/14/11 at 4:47pm
post #3020 of 5003

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eujaee View Post

I have an extra one, PM your address.  It's for 325, I'm assuming they are all the same.  Grado will also mail those to you for free, which is how I got mine.

I didn't know they would send it for free. I will try to send them an email and I will let you know, thanks for the offer I really appreciate it.
 

 

post #3021 of 5003

igrado2.JPGigrado3.JPGigrado1.JPGGot this a week ago and so far I vented 4 holes, took off the white fabric off driver, and damp'd the magnet. I sanded off the "prestige series grado lab" off the front and painted them white. Also changed the mesh to aluminum or steel not sure.. I actually dig the new look better than stock but thats could be personal taste :)

post #3022 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsp0704 View Post

igrado2.JPGigrado3.JPGigrado1.JPGGot this a week ago and so far I vented 4 holes, took off the white fabric off driver, and damp'd the magnet. I sanded off the "prestige series grado lab" off the front and painted them white. Also changed the mesh to aluminum or steel not sure.. I actually dig the new look better than stock but thats could be personal taste :)


those look AWESOME!!!!!!  

what did you use to paint them?

 


Edited by peskypesky - 4/14/11 at 5:19pm
post #3023 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by peskypesky View Post




those look AWESOME!!!!!!  

what did you use to paint them?

 


Thanks! I took all the pieces apart and used some all surface white spraypaint and it dried up nicely in overnight. Put it back together and now I'm just enjoying some good tunes :)

 

post #3024 of 5003



You have to get them at a certain time i guess. I wanted a replacement for a rs1, they wanted me to send them to them. Its not hard to take off so i just asked if they could send it. No...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kite7 View Post

 

I didn't know they would send it for free. I will try to send them an email and I will let you know, thanks for the offer I really appreciate it.
 

 



 

post #3025 of 5003

going to order some parts to recable my brothers sr80s i hope all goes well, wish me luck i only hope it goes half as well as some of the pictures i have seen on here. :)

post #3026 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by kite7 View Post

Does anyone have any spare parts? Bad luck struck  and I tried to superglue everything together but it didn't work out frown.gif

 

IMG_1568.JPG


Try using JB Weld

 

post #3027 of 5003

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwallman View Post

You have to get them at a certain time i guess. I wanted a replacement for a rs1, they wanted me to send them to them. Its not hard to take off so i just asked if they could send it. No...


Otherwise you'd be see a lot of metal cup holders around here on SR60s wink.gif. I understand why they wouldn't distribute those metal cup holders so freely like they do for the plastic ones.

 

post #3028 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by kite7 View Post

 


Otherwise you'd be see a lot of metal cup holders around here on SR60s " rel="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/wink.gif">wink.gif. I understand why they wouldn't distribute those metal cup holders so freely like they do for the plastic ones.

 

I guess so. but just sending one to a person wouldn't do much good to someone that didn't really need one. A pair might raise a few flags.
post #3029 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by schwallman View Post

You have to get them at a certain time i guess. I wanted a replacement for a rs1, they wanted me to send them to them. Its not hard to take off so i just asked if they could send it. No...



 


It probably also depends on who you reach, too.  In my case, they told me they wouldn't sell me any parts (e.g. replacement drivers), but would do all the necessary work that was required for $45.00 and they'd cover the shipping to get the headphones back to me.  I think other people have indicated they've charged a flat fee of $30 or so to get a pair of headphones re-cabled.  Either way you look at it, they're providing a service to keep their headphones going for a long time - regardless if they are past the warranty period, or not.  Plus, they're not charging you an arm and a leg for the service - just a basic service fee.  I guess that's what "quantity buying" gets you.  I'm sure they're not paying a whole lot for their drivers - even on the higher-end models.

 

 

post #3030 of 5003

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danthrax View Post

Try using JB Weld


I will try that, thanks. Hopefully it'll make the SR60's usable for now until grado replies back to me by email

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked