New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SR60-Mod - Page 187  

post #2791 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilavideo View Post

 


  I'm clearly not the brightest bulb on the tree.

 


Maybe..and not..........

 

   But your more generous than is sometimes shouted. Much of what you do requires a lot of personal time cutting, measuring and than posting those different Mods for cups for free. That saves us the readers the cost of wood since we can eliminate a questionable process or measurment. Many times so far I have read post after post asking for the dimensions he used and than he posted it. I doubt anyone would be able to produce a single web page that I know of, that would sell them a cup for that cheap if not a free price, backed by help if needed with fit. 

 

 

Thanks for your diligence to helping others Bill, it helps spread the joy. 

 

 

 


Edited by Majestic - 4/4/11 at 8:23pm
post #2792 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by wje View Post

Why?  I think you'd be much wiser to find a pair of used SR325s and remove the plastic chambers ... leaving the aluminum in place to see how the sound is presented.  If the sound is deplorable, you could then contact Bilavideo to get some wooden liners made for your SR325s to whip 'em back into shape.

 

hey man!


i dont know anybody in this country that has an SR325 let alone a Grado can... im still enjoying my SR80i woodies and well i just cant resist the temptation of exploring deeper and getting into the aluminum world.

 

ive not seen spec sheets of grado GS1k and the HFs ones... if only someone can provide me...

 

 

post #2793 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majestic View Post




Maybe..and not..........

 

   But your more generous than is sometimes shouted. Much of what you do requires a lot of personal time cutting, measuring and than posting those different Mods for cups for free. That saves us the readers the cost of wood since we can eliminate a questionable process or measurment. Many times so far I have read post after post asking for the dimensions he used and than he posted it. I doubt anyone would be able to produce a single web page that I know of, that would sell them a cup for that cheap if not a free price, backed by help if needed with fit. 

 

 

Thanks for your diligence to helping others Bill, it helps spread the joy. 

 

 

 


x2

 

post #2794 of 5003
Thread Starter 

Thanks for the feedback, everybody.  Send me a PM if you didn't get a grill.  I spent the evening molding and cutting grills.  I can send these out tomorrow.

 

grills galore.jpg

 

These are the grills mid-process.  They've been molded and shaped but still need to have the sides evened up.  I like having a little wall around the sides because it allows the grills to fit into the shells without the need of glue or a brace.  A drop of Super Glue will hold them in, but sometimes it's nice to have removable grills for easy access to the driver backs.


Edited by Bilavideo - 4/4/11 at 9:51pm
post #2795 of 5003

in the process: 

grado headband process.jpg

post #2796 of 5003

Nice headbands!

post #2797 of 5003

Hope that's not backwards in real life too :D  Do you put that GRADO label on there?  How'd ya do it? Stencil + Dye?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitesrfun1 View Post

in the process: 

grado headband process.jpg



 

post #2798 of 5003

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-fiber View Post

 

i know its been covered in this thread before but its (again) about RS1 vs GS1000 in terms of construction and components.

all of the search results are about sonic differences and whatnot...

 

GS1000 is a wood-aluminum combination or so ive heard, and RS1 is pure wood.


They are both pure wood, only HF2 and PS1000i use aluminum and wood.

 

post #2799 of 5003

Just thought I'd post my latest Techheromods 225i w/ cocobolo GS1000i cups. 

 

IMG_0668.JPG

post #2800 of 5003

Those are wonderful bigrock, more importantly, how do they sound? :)

post #2801 of 5003


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonD View Post

Hope that's not backwards in real life too :D  Do you put that GRADO label on there?  How'd ya do it? Stencil + Dye?
 



 

 

the photo does not do the band justice. when are they going to make the isight in hd??

 

i first designed the grado logo on adobe illustrator. then i laser cut them, the shape of the band was vector cut (all the way through the material) and the logo was raster (engraved). i'm very fortunate that my school has a lineup of laser machines and other hi-tec doohickeys. 

 


 

 

post #2802 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakashiMiike View Post

Those are wonderful bigrock, more importantly, how do they sound? :)


Thanks TakashiMiike! Well I can't really get too in depth into how they sound as I sell them on my website and head-fi rules are pretty strict. 

 

Let's just say they sound quite a bit better than the stock 225i. =) 

post #2803 of 5003

Haha can't say I would have ever thought to use frickin' laser beams to DIY a headband for my headphones.  I feel like that should go in the "you know you're an audiophile when" thread.  Totally awesome. beerchug.gif

 

 

PS: The headband looks awesome.  I'm also debating about a DIY leather headband project.. but more along the lines of the cardboard/glue/razer blade variety.

post #2804 of 5003
Quote:
Originally Posted by kite7 View Post

 


They are both pure wood, only HF2 and PS1000i use aluminum and wood.

 

 

 

so the only difference is wood mass?


 

from what i gather HF2 has a wooden driver holder and aluminum outer shell just like the PS1000 but hte PS1000 has more mass so it provides better/different............????

post #2805 of 5003
Thread Starter 
Originally Posted by Bigrock2150 View Post

Just thought I'd post my latest Techheromods 225i w/ cocobolo GS1000i cups. 

 

IMG_0668.JPG


Beautiful work!

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked