Haha yeah I'd just need enough to cover the driver.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/13/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 3/1/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/22/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/22/10
- brandWoodiestagged by System, 3/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- SR60-Mod part II Last post on 12/12/15 at 7:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- What headphones do you have, and what do you still want? Last post on 10/8/13 at 9:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Official Grado-Beyerdynamic Fan Club (for those who love BOTH! :) Last post on 11/14/12 at 5:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Grado Head With A Fostex Fetish Last post on 8/1/12 at 6:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 9/21/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
What a great headphone! Disclaimer: at my house to get any head time at all, you've got to match up with the Sennheiser HD800, PSB M4U 1, Klipsch Status, HiFiMan RE-262, and others. In short, the...
Accutone Pisces Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Accutone for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/828002/accutone-pisces-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
Disclaimer: This review was originally published at http://headflux.de/inear-prophile-8 on September 24, 2016 in German. We've been invited by InEar to test the prototype for the purpose of writing...
Apple is really doing it: they're taking a brand that has the dominant marketshare in the headphone marketplace despite having had subpar audio quality, and greatly improving it while adding...
I would like to thank Ken from Campfire Audio for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Introduction ALO Audio has been an established name in the industry for...
SR60-Mod - Page 116post #1726 of 50032/25/11 at 4:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1727 of 50032/25/11 at 5:57pm
ok great i'm definitely going to use dynamat. is this something i can get from autozone?
Quote:Originally Posted by Bilavideo
It's the stuff for your car. It's really a rubbery goo, but a heavy one. The idea is that this stuff adds weight and absorbs the shock. It helps prevent rattling and buzzing. Believe it or not, once you fully vent your drivers, the bass potential is so impactful that post-tweak buzzing is more or less common. Once you slap on the Dynamat, you'll notice an immediate improvement, not just with the buzzing issue but with the overall presentation. When I mod, I routinely slap on Dynamat.post #1728 of 50032/25/11 at 6:09pmpost #1729 of 50032/25/11 at 7:15pm
I got my dynamat equivalent from b-quiet.com.Quote:
And here's a recent A47 thread:post #1730 of 50032/25/11 at 8:52pm
Anyone ever have a "bad mod day"? I accidentally melted the wires on my soldering iron (Shocking myself in the process: house current is tingly), hit myself in the eye with molten plastic while dremeling, scratched 2 of my 3 plugs, and broke 3 (yes 3) of my oak donuts in various ways...but I have been successful. I have made my Grado cable detatchable and recabled the end with a neutrik plug!!! Pics in the morning, after the glue on the new donuts dries.post #1731 of 50032/25/11 at 9:15pmThread Starterpost #1732 of 50032/25/11 at 9:21pmThread StarterOriginally Posted by Maverickmonk
Anyone ever have a "bad mod day"? I accidentally melted the wires on my soldering iron (Shocking myself in the process: house current is tingly), hit myself in the eye with molten plastic while dremeling, scratched 2 of my 3 plugs, and broke 3 (yes 3) of my oak donuts in various ways...but I have been successful. I have made my Grado cable detatchable and recabled the end with a neutrik plug!!! Pics in the morning, after the glue on the new donuts dries.
Modding can be quite frustrating. Somedays, the entire process conspires against you. When that happens, you can choose to quit ("I didn't want to do this anyway") or accept it as a fresh challenge from the gods. If at first you don't succeed, either give up or chalk it up. No great idea is found until all stupid ones have been exhausted.post #1733 of 50032/25/11 at 10:28pmpost #1734 of 50032/26/11 at 8:17amThread Starter
No problem. Anybody who wants just enough Dynamat to damp the magnet back is welcome to it. Postage is minimal. I'm glad to help. You'll find that damping the magnet back is quite helpful. What's more, it becomes a practical necessity once you unleash all that bass, much like the need to damp the inside of a speaker cabinet once you let the subwoofers roar.post #1735 of 50032/26/11 at 8:17amQuote:Originally Posted by Bilavideo
Modding can be quite frustrating. Somedays, the entire process conspires against you. When that happens, you can choose to quit ("I didn't want to do this anyway") or accept it as a fresh challenge from the gods. If at first you don't succeed, either give up or chalk it up. No great idea is found until all stupid ones have been exhausted.
Agreed! The best creations are forged by the pain of Thor's Hammer!
post #1736 of 50032/26/11 at 10:06ampost #1737 of 50032/26/11 at 10:46ampost #1738 of 50032/26/11 at 11:36ampost #1739 of 50032/26/11 at 11:51am
This thread is locked
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › 2016 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Exchange sign up 3 seconds ago
- › New Inear Prophile-8 16 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 26 seconds ago
- › Can I Simply SEE The DSD Files On A Super Audio CD From My PC's CD... 57 seconds ago
- › Perfect Seal Custom in-ear monitors 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 1 minute ago
- › ☯️ CAVALLI AUDIO ➜ Liquid Carbon Final Production Run! 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 2 minutes ago
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Accutone Pisces Digital In-Ear Headset - Retail Packaging -... by mark2410
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by bartzky
- › Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphone - Black by MICHAELSD
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by flinkenick
- › TFZ Balance 2M by ustinj
- › Nobsound NS-01E Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo HiFi Amp Audio... by crabdog
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear