Haha yeah I'd just need enough to cover the driver.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productBeyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphonestagged by System, 4/13/11
- brandGradotagged by System, 8/22/10
- productGrado RS1tagged by System, 3/1/11
- productGrado SR60 Headphonestagged by System, 8/22/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/22/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/22/10
- brandWoodiestagged by System, 3/5/11
Related Forum Threads
- SR60-Mod part II Last post on 12/12/15 at 7:15am in Headphones (full-size)
- What headphones do you have, and what do you still want? Last post on 10/8/13 at 9:33pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Official Grado-Beyerdynamic Fan Club (for those who love BOTH! :) Last post on 11/14/12 at 5:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Am I missing something? Last post on 10/19/11 at 9:37am in Headphones (full-size)
- A Grado Head With A Fostex Fetish Last post on 8/1/12 at 6:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Grado Modification OverviewLast edited: 12/30/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I bought these headphones about year ago (I use them almost everyday), as an upgrade from my g430s when the cable finally wore out. In some cases (only some cases) I think the sound quality might...
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
SR60-Mod - Page 116post #1726 of 50032/25/11 at 4:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1727 of 50032/25/11 at 5:57pm
ok great i'm definitely going to use dynamat. is this something i can get from autozone?
Quote:Originally Posted by Bilavideo
It's the stuff for your car. It's really a rubbery goo, but a heavy one. The idea is that this stuff adds weight and absorbs the shock. It helps prevent rattling and buzzing. Believe it or not, once you fully vent your drivers, the bass potential is so impactful that post-tweak buzzing is more or less common. Once you slap on the Dynamat, you'll notice an immediate improvement, not just with the buzzing issue but with the overall presentation. When I mod, I routinely slap on Dynamat.post #1728 of 50032/25/11 at 6:09pmpost #1729 of 50032/25/11 at 7:15pm
I got my dynamat equivalent from b-quiet.com.Quote:
And here's a recent A47 thread:post #1730 of 50032/25/11 at 8:52pm
Anyone ever have a "bad mod day"? I accidentally melted the wires on my soldering iron (Shocking myself in the process: house current is tingly), hit myself in the eye with molten plastic while dremeling, scratched 2 of my 3 plugs, and broke 3 (yes 3) of my oak donuts in various ways...but I have been successful. I have made my Grado cable detatchable and recabled the end with a neutrik plug!!! Pics in the morning, after the glue on the new donuts dries.post #1731 of 50032/25/11 at 9:15pmThread Starterpost #1732 of 50032/25/11 at 9:21pmThread StarterOriginally Posted by Maverickmonk
Anyone ever have a "bad mod day"? I accidentally melted the wires on my soldering iron (Shocking myself in the process: house current is tingly), hit myself in the eye with molten plastic while dremeling, scratched 2 of my 3 plugs, and broke 3 (yes 3) of my oak donuts in various ways...but I have been successful. I have made my Grado cable detatchable and recabled the end with a neutrik plug!!! Pics in the morning, after the glue on the new donuts dries.
Modding can be quite frustrating. Somedays, the entire process conspires against you. When that happens, you can choose to quit ("I didn't want to do this anyway") or accept it as a fresh challenge from the gods. If at first you don't succeed, either give up or chalk it up. No great idea is found until all stupid ones have been exhausted.post #1733 of 50032/25/11 at 10:28pmpost #1734 of 50032/26/11 at 8:17amThread Starter
No problem. Anybody who wants just enough Dynamat to damp the magnet back is welcome to it. Postage is minimal. I'm glad to help. You'll find that damping the magnet back is quite helpful. What's more, it becomes a practical necessity once you unleash all that bass, much like the need to damp the inside of a speaker cabinet once you let the subwoofers roar.post #1735 of 50032/26/11 at 8:17amQuote:Originally Posted by Bilavideo
Modding can be quite frustrating. Somedays, the entire process conspires against you. When that happens, you can choose to quit ("I didn't want to do this anyway") or accept it as a fresh challenge from the gods. If at first you don't succeed, either give up or chalk it up. No great idea is found until all stupid ones have been exhausted.
Agreed! The best creations are forged by the pain of Thor's Hammer!
post #1736 of 50032/26/11 at 10:06ampost #1737 of 50032/26/11 at 10:46ampost #1738 of 50032/26/11 at 11:36ampost #1739 of 50032/26/11 at 11:51am
This thread is locked
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Grado Modification Overview
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 12 seconds ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 30 seconds ago
- › Nobsound NS-08E also know as Nobsound 6J9 hybrid tube amp 32 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 34 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 49 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 59 seconds ago
- › HD 558 vs HD 598 Soundstage 1 minute ago
- › Sonore microRendu streamer 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › New Beyerdynamic T5p 2nd generation 1 minute ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear