Hey guys I'm new to the forum and I am in need of advice. I am about to buy new headphones soon before I'm off to college and I need your guys' help so I could get some decent phones. I've been using the earphones that come with iPods for a while now, so I'm pretty sure any headphones would blow me away. The only time I had decent cans was a couple of years ago when my dad bought me a Triport which ended up in my dog's mouth. So after that, I just settled with cheapo earphones since my dog would end up chewing them anyways. Now I'm off to college and I need some decent phones that cost no more than $200 since I can't really use speakers. My roommates might kill me, haha. I've been looking at Grados/Alessandros at the moment and am liking what I'm seeing, but now I don't know what to get after looking at the DT770.
Here is the criteria
- Budget: $200 for the phones themselves unamped or $200 for amp and phones altogether
- I listen to mainly Alternative rock and pop punk, such as paramore, boys like girls, etc. etc. I also listen to mainstream music as well (from the radio) and sometimes I listen to classical, opera(I know right), etc.
- I also watch a lot of Youtube videos.
- I have a desktop computer I built that has an onboard soundcard [will upgrade later(christmas probably)]
- Will use in my room 99% of the time, maybe when traveling as well.
- Sources: Desktop, Droid X, Macbook (old) [mp3 @320kbps]
Cans and amps I'm looking at right now are Grado SR 80, Grado SR 225, Alessandro MS1i, and Beyerdynamic DT770(read they need to be amped to get the most of it), CMOY, pa2v2, Headroom TotalAirhead, and the Fiio lineup.
Well, that's all for now, and I got a few follow up questions after that.
Thanks for reading!
Edited by Tinola - 8/21/10 at 1:33am