I won a contest and now have money to spend at Best Buy and since I got my HD 202's I've wanted to upgrade, and I see they now sell some Sennheiser, AKG, and Audio Technica headphones. There really is no budget, I'm willing to pay $500 for the HD650's if they would be worth it. I listen to metal, trance, house, rock, and classic rock, which headphone would be best? (It has to be one sold at best buy unfortunately, otherwise I would buy some DT880s) Thanks in advance :D
- brandAKGtagged by System, 8/20/10
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productAkg K272Hd K 272 Hd High Definition Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- My friend is selling akg 272 for £70 is it worth it? I already own HD650 Last post on 7/31/10 at 7:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- One of many... Last post on 10/17/11 at 10:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for somewhat neutral headphones for music making and general use. Last post on 5/3/11 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser and AKG using the same drivers? Last post on 2/22/16 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help, can't choose which headphone around 200€! Grado sr225i/ akg 701/ sennheiser 600,...? Last post on 9/19/10 at 1:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 1/3/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDSDPrice: $499 at musicdirect.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob (On/Off)Power Connector: USB 3.0 Male, USB 3.0...
HD555/HD595/HD600/HD650/AKG K272HD/ other?post #1 of 98/20/10 at 7:00amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 98/20/10 at 7:50amThread Starter
After some reading, it sounds like the HD650s are a complete waste of money unless you have a really expensive amp which I don't have nor can I afford, so I think it is between the HD595s and HD600s unless someone has a suggestion.post #3 of 98/20/10 at 9:02ampost #4 of 98/20/10 at 9:11ampost #5 of 98/20/10 at 9:40amThread Starterpost #6 of 98/20/10 at 10:05ampost #7 of 98/20/10 at 10:24amThread Starter
Oh ok, thank you! I don't see those on the Best Buy website, but after researching I think I'm just going to go with the HD595's since I don't have an amp and cannot afford one at the moment, and I read these don't require one. Thank you for the help ;)post #8 of 98/20/10 at 10:34am
- HD555/HD595/HD600/HD650/AKG K272HD/ other?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Music Game IX 4 seconds ago
- › FS: Complete Shanling M1 DAP + case, armbands, yourcharger USB-C... 20 seconds ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 29 seconds ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › New VentureCraft SounDroid VANTAM Jazz Master Limited 1 minute ago
- › Experimental Rock Music (Space Rock, Psychedelic Rock, Gothic Rock,... 1 minute ago
- › USB Strikes Back! Watch out AOIP - USB/Ethernet Chain beats All... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear