I won a contest and now have money to spend at Best Buy and since I got my HD 202's I've wanted to upgrade, and I see they now sell some Sennheiser, AKG, and Audio Technica headphones. There really is no budget, I'm willing to pay $500 for the HD650's if they would be worth it. I listen to metal, trance, house, rock, and classic rock, which headphone would be best? (It has to be one sold at best buy unfortunately, otherwise I would buy some DT880s) Thanks in advance :D
- brandAKGtagged by System, 8/20/10
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productAkg K272Hd K 272 Hd High Definition Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- My friend is selling akg 272 for £70 is it worth it? I already own HD650 Last post on 7/31/10 at 7:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- One of many... Last post on 10/17/11 at 10:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for somewhat neutral headphones for music making and general use. Last post on 5/3/11 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser and AKG using the same drivers? Last post on 2/22/16 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help, can't choose which headphone around 200€! Grado sr225i/ akg 701/ sennheiser 600,...? Last post on 9/19/10 at 1:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
It was raining, and I mean really raining. This was a problem as I really wanted to listen Radiohead's new album ( A Moon Shaped Pool) on my always seemingly endless commute to work. The first part...
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
HD555/HD595/HD600/HD650/AKG K272HD/ other?post #1 of 98/20/10 at 7:00amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 98/20/10 at 7:50amThread Starter
After some reading, it sounds like the HD650s are a complete waste of money unless you have a really expensive amp which I don't have nor can I afford, so I think it is between the HD595s and HD600s unless someone has a suggestion.post #3 of 98/20/10 at 9:02ampost #4 of 98/20/10 at 9:11ampost #5 of 98/20/10 at 9:40amThread Starterpost #6 of 98/20/10 at 10:05ampost #7 of 98/20/10 at 10:24amThread Starter
Oh ok, thank you! I don't see those on the Best Buy website, but after researching I think I'm just going to go with the HD595's since I don't have an amp and cannot afford one at the moment, and I read these don't require one. Thank you for the help ;)post #8 of 98/20/10 at 10:34am
- HD555/HD595/HD600/HD650/AKG K272HD/ other?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Music Game IX 7 seconds ago
- › ~$400 Over Ear Headphones and ~$300 IEM 53 seconds ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 1 minute ago
- › FS fostex th-x00 2 minutes ago
- › WTB : Ultrasone 2900 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Gustard X20 DAC 4 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › JVC's Micro HD Line: HA-FXD80/70/60 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset by Slaphead
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...