I won a contest and now have money to spend at Best Buy and since I got my HD 202's I've wanted to upgrade, and I see they now sell some Sennheiser, AKG, and Audio Technica headphones. There really is no budget, I'm willing to pay $500 for the HD650's if they would be worth it. I listen to metal, trance, house, rock, and classic rock, which headphone would be best? (It has to be one sold at best buy unfortunately, otherwise I would buy some DT880s) Thanks in advance :D
- brandAKGtagged by System, 8/20/10
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productAkg K272Hd K 272 Hd High Definition Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- My friend is selling akg 272 for £70 is it worth it? I already own HD650 Last post on 7/31/10 at 7:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- One of many... Last post on 10/17/11 at 10:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for somewhat neutral headphones for music making and general use. Last post on 5/3/11 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser and AKG using the same drivers? Last post on 7/10/13 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help, can't choose which headphone around 200€! Grado sr225i/ akg 701/ sennheiser 600,...? Last post on 9/19/10 at 1:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Philps Fidelio X2 was purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Philips. Introduction: The Philips Fidelio X2 is Philips top of the line full size open headphones. I picked up...
Still burning-in, but I can already say they are by far the best sounding IEM's I've ever heard. Fantastically clear/clean through the mids and treble - tremendous detail resolution without things...
$250 (got mine 10% off from a promo code on theheadphonelist.com but it was only valid for 2014) - 2 Balanced armature Drivers - 1 Bass Driver - 1 High Frequency Driver - 1 sound bore -...
Intro There are very few headphones which have survived three decades and still remain as the main workhorse for many sound professionals around the world. The Sony MDR-7506 started out as...
This is not a review, just my simple impression of Grado SR80e. I purchased SR80e and listened to them... what a hell is going on...lol..at this price point...sounds great...I am now a fan boy of...
HD555/HD595/HD600/HD650/AKG K272HD/ other?post #1 of 98/20/10 at 7:00amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 98/20/10 at 7:50amThread Starter
After some reading, it sounds like the HD650s are a complete waste of money unless you have a really expensive amp which I don't have nor can I afford, so I think it is between the HD595s and HD600s unless someone has a suggestion.post #3 of 98/20/10 at 9:02ampost #4 of 98/20/10 at 9:11ampost #5 of 98/20/10 at 9:40amThread Starterpost #6 of 98/20/10 at 10:05ampost #7 of 98/20/10 at 10:24amThread Starter
Oh ok, thank you! I don't see those on the Best Buy website, but after researching I think I'm just going to go with the HD595's since I don't have an amp and cannot afford one at the moment, and I read these don't require one. Thank you for the help ;)post #8 of 98/20/10 at 10:34am
- HD555/HD595/HD600/HD650/AKG K272HD/ other?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 seconds ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 8 seconds ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 21 seconds ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 52 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 1 minute ago
- › The Pono Player Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi® Matrix2 AF62 Stereo Bluetooth®... by twister6
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by peter123
- › Sennheiser IE800 by Lan647
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2