I won a contest and now have money to spend at Best Buy and since I got my HD 202's I've wanted to upgrade, and I see they now sell some Sennheiser, AKG, and Audio Technica headphones. There really is no budget, I'm willing to pay $500 for the HD650's if they would be worth it. I listen to metal, trance, house, rock, and classic rock, which headphone would be best? (It has to be one sold at best buy unfortunately, otherwise I would buy some DT880s) Thanks in advance :D
- brandAKGtagged by System, 8/20/10
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productAkg K272Hd K 272 Hd High Definition Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- My friend is selling akg 272 for £70 is it worth it? I already own HD650 Last post on 7/31/10 at 7:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- One of many... Last post on 10/17/11 at 10:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for somewhat neutral headphones for music making and general use. Last post on 5/3/11 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser and AKG using the same drivers? Last post on 2/22/16 at 4:52pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help, can't choose which headphone around 200€! Grado sr225i/ akg 701/ sennheiser 600,...? Last post on 9/19/10 at 1:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ghostek made its name in the phone accessory market. Its been building solid cases for a while now, and they’ve brought everything they’ve learned from making durable phone cases to the table...
INTRO:- Yup, I am back. This time around I have the Meelectronics M7P. This is an interesting piece of earphone. To be precise I had not seen one like this before. This one belongs to MEE...
Intro:- Yo yo… Back again with Rockjaw Audio Alfa genus V2. Rockjaw is not an unknown brand by any means, famous for their value for money earphones and are one of the few British brands in...
My review of Alfa genus V2 can be found here. http://www.head-fi.org/products/rock-jaw-alfa-genus-v2-earphones-with-in-line-mic-3x-tuning-filters/reviews/16322 Sorry for the wrong post.
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONFirstly I want to shout out to Mark (Head-Fier d marc0) for working with Ken Ball from...
HD555/HD595/HD600/HD650/AKG K272HD/ other?post #1 of 98/20/10 at 7:00amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 98/20/10 at 7:50amThread Starter
After some reading, it sounds like the HD650s are a complete waste of money unless you have a really expensive amp which I don't have nor can I afford, so I think it is between the HD595s and HD600s unless someone has a suggestion.post #3 of 98/20/10 at 9:02ampost #4 of 98/20/10 at 9:11ampost #5 of 98/20/10 at 9:40amThread Starterpost #6 of 98/20/10 at 10:05ampost #7 of 98/20/10 at 10:24amThread Starter
Oh ok, thank you! I don't see those on the Best Buy website, but after researching I think I'm just going to go with the HD595's since I don't have an amp and cannot afford one at the moment, and I read these don't require one. Thank you for the help ;)post #8 of 98/20/10 at 10:34am
- HD555/HD595/HD600/HD650/AKG K272HD/ other?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 1 second ago
- › (AUS) Auralic Taurus MKII 1 minute ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 2 minutes ago
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › Does what you plug into affect sound and can anything be done to... 4 minutes ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Minimeet Impressions 05/07/2016 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 7 minutes ago
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by slowpickr
- › Ghostek GHOHP001 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones, soDrop Series aptX... by Cinder
- › MEE audio M7P Secure-Fit Sports In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Remote,... by suman134
- › Rock Jaw Alfa Genus V2 Earphones with In-Line Mic & 3x Tuning... by suman134
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by suman134
- › Campfire Audio Lyra by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Hooka by DynamikeB
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by JoeDoe
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by MorrisL
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...