I won a contest and now have money to spend at Best Buy and since I got my HD 202's I've wanted to upgrade, and I see they now sell some Sennheiser, AKG, and Audio Technica headphones. There really is no budget, I'm willing to pay $500 for the HD650's if they would be worth it. I listen to metal, trance, house, rock, and classic rock, which headphone would be best? (It has to be one sold at best buy unfortunately, otherwise I would buy some DT880s) Thanks in advance :D
- brandAKGtagged by System, 8/20/10
- productAKG K 272 HD High-Definition Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productAkg K272Hd K 272 Hd High Definition Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser HD 555 Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- My friend is selling akg 272 for £70 is it worth it? I already own HD650 Last post on 7/31/10 at 7:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
- One of many... Last post on 10/17/11 at 10:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for somewhat neutral headphones for music making and general use. Last post on 5/3/11 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser and AKG using the same drivers? Last post on 7/10/13 at 11:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Help, can't choose which headphone around 200€! Grado sr225i/ akg 701/ sennheiser 600,...? Last post on 9/19/10 at 1:56pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
This is my first review on head-fi. I had humble beginnings in my path as an audiophile that only officially started once I got the wonderful AKG K550 and grew more conscious of the link between...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank RIVA Audio team for a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Thanks to the original Jambox, going back a few years, wireless...
http://www.raysamuelsaudio.com/ It takes a lot of confidence to name your product after the Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird. If your going to honor the legendary mach 3+ strategic reconnaissance...
Every 6 months I've had the pleasure of talking to Shinobu Karaki of Aurorasound at the Tokyo headphone festivals. As an ex-Texas Instruments employee he has come up with some interesting...
For me, the Audeze EL-8Cs satisfy a long awaited two year search for a closed headphone that I can use at work that sound just as good as my home theater setup. I enjoy them so much, that I cannot...
HD555/HD595/HD600/HD650/AKG K272HD/ other?post #1 of 98/20/10 at 7:00amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 98/20/10 at 7:50amThread Starter
After some reading, it sounds like the HD650s are a complete waste of money unless you have a really expensive amp which I don't have nor can I afford, so I think it is between the HD595s and HD600s unless someone has a suggestion.post #3 of 98/20/10 at 9:02ampost #4 of 98/20/10 at 9:11ampost #5 of 98/20/10 at 9:40amThread Starterpost #6 of 98/20/10 at 10:05ampost #7 of 98/20/10 at 10:24amThread Starter
Oh ok, thank you! I don't see those on the Best Buy website, but after researching I think I'm just going to go with the HD595's since I don't have an amp and cannot afford one at the moment, and I read these don't require one. Thank you for the help ;)post #8 of 98/20/10 at 10:34am
- HD555/HD595/HD600/HD650/AKG K272HD/ other?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › OPPO PM-2 Is Available - Post Your Impressions Here 18 seconds ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 25th, 2015) 3 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on Sennheiser HD 419? 4 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 4 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 5 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 7 minutes ago
- › Review: EarWerkz Legend Omega and Legend R - With Comparisons 8 minutes ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet at BottleHeadquarters 4/25/2015 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DreamKing
- › Riva TurboX High Performance Premium Mobile Bluetooth Speaker (Black) by twister6
- › Ray Samuels Emmeline "The Black Bird" SR-71A Portable... by Stereocilia
- › Aurorasound HEADA Balanced Headphone Amplifier by Currawong
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by bearcat1986
- › Bravo Audio Tube Amplifier - V3 by YoYo JoKeR
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by DJScope
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 by MrJohnny
- › Shure SE112m+-GR Sound Isolating Earphones with Remote + Microphone... by pformagg
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by Luckbad
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2