What's so good about Fischer audio?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 8/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryDACstagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/20/10More
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- brandShuretagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Sennheiser headphones should i buy? Last post on 9/23/11 at 10:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D2000, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm, Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm, AKG Q701, used... Last post on 12/6/12 at 11:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are Refurbished Headphones a Good Idea? Last post on 6/13/11 at 7:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Yesterday
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
What "house sound" annoys you the most? - Page 3post #31 of 1558/20/10 at 3:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1558/20/10 at 3:21pm
I never really liked the 2 sennheisers that I've tried (hd 228 and hd 238). Very veiled and sibilant. I don't know if the higher models had this kind of trait, but being sibilant (usually because the headphone is bright), while at the same time being dark/veiled is like having the worst of both worlds of warm and bright.
post #33 of 1558/20/10 at 3:38pmpost #34 of 1558/20/10 at 6:00pm
all of fischer audios gear have amazing staging and just the right amount of coloration, not too much to be neutral, but not overly colored to ruin the music like some grado. The silver bullet has an incredible stage left and right, the eterna has AMAZING immersion of depth of field in front of you, all while maintaining epic win bass and clarity on par with much more expensive sets
very few sets can do thatpost #35 of 1558/20/10 at 7:02pm
For me it's Denon. The bass sounds wrong even directly after I audition the K701s... I go from screaming, "MAOR BASS, PL0X!" to "WTFHGWELLSBBQ TOO MUCH."
I'm not a fan of the Sennheiser veil, either.post #36 of 1558/20/10 at 7:08pmpost #37 of 1558/20/10 at 7:12pmpost #38 of 1558/21/10 at 6:56am
Senns by far. Ugh. I'm not an old man, I want some excitement in my music. No I don't want unrefined low/mid fi smiley face "excitement" but I don't want to put ear muffs on before I put headphones on (best Senn description). Jmo, I don't like smooth or "warm" sound as a rule, but clear and articulate and lively without being harsh or clinical.post #39 of 1558/21/10 at 7:08ampost #40 of 1558/21/10 at 8:36am
I'm mixed on the Beyer sound. Like someone else said, it's hard to say that there is a Beyer "house sound" because they all sound so different. I own the DT770 Pro 80's, and I love them. They aren't for everyone, but I think they are really fun, warm, exciting cans. On the other hand, I once tried a pair of DT 990 "non pro" 250 ohm, and I absolutely hated them. Extremely bright treble, and overall not very engaging. Since the first Beyer I owned was the DT770 pro 80's, I was hoping that that was their "house sound", which is what made me try the DT990 250's.
I've heard a few of the Grado cans, and I own the sr125's. I absolutely hate them. And I didn't care for any of the other ones I heard. The reason I bought them is because they were the first "high end" can that I owned and basically didn't know any better.post #41 of 1558/21/10 at 9:21am
I did not particularly think that Sennheiser had a 'dark veil', but now you say that, I agree. But, I am still happy with my PX200s and will happily recommend the HD201s as bargain beginners. The others I have heard, do not do it for me and it was because the sound had a veil over it as if something was being kept back.
Of makers where I have experience with tops are AKG.post #42 of 1558/21/10 at 12:59pmpost #43 of 1558/21/10 at 1:48pm
I dislike wide soundstage.
I prefer the V curved responses from the M50s and Ultrasone for most music, the only exception being rock, which sounds horrid. Grados do that job well for me.
Edited by Paste - 8/21/10 at 1:50pmpost #44 of 1558/21/10 at 1:48pm
I want to try the W1000X but your description of it sounds like it's too bassy...
- What "house sound" annoys you the most?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › taylor swift? 19 seconds ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 1 minute ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 2 minutes ago
- › New Shure SE215 - First Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio 6 vs. Bottlehead Crack + Speedball vs. Schiit Lyr 1/2 vs.... 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)