What's so good about Fischer audio?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 8/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryDACstagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/20/10More
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- brandShuretagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Sennheiser headphones should i buy? Last post on 9/23/11 at 10:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D2000, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm, Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm, AKG Q701, used... Last post on 12/6/12 at 11:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are Refurbished Headphones a Good Idea? Last post on 6/13/11 at 7:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 6/30/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 6/29/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
What "house sound" annoys you the most? - Page 3post #31 of 1548/20/10 at 3:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1548/20/10 at 3:21pm
I never really liked the 2 sennheisers that I've tried (hd 228 and hd 238). Very veiled and sibilant. I don't know if the higher models had this kind of trait, but being sibilant (usually because the headphone is bright), while at the same time being dark/veiled is like having the worst of both worlds of warm and bright.
post #33 of 1548/20/10 at 3:38pmpost #34 of 1548/20/10 at 6:00pm
all of fischer audios gear have amazing staging and just the right amount of coloration, not too much to be neutral, but not overly colored to ruin the music like some grado. The silver bullet has an incredible stage left and right, the eterna has AMAZING immersion of depth of field in front of you, all while maintaining epic win bass and clarity on par with much more expensive sets
very few sets can do thatpost #35 of 1548/20/10 at 7:02pm
For me it's Denon. The bass sounds wrong even directly after I audition the K701s... I go from screaming, "MAOR BASS, PL0X!" to "WTFHGWELLSBBQ TOO MUCH."
I'm not a fan of the Sennheiser veil, either.post #36 of 1548/20/10 at 7:08pmpost #37 of 1548/20/10 at 7:12pmpost #38 of 1548/21/10 at 6:56am
Senns by far. Ugh. I'm not an old man, I want some excitement in my music. No I don't want unrefined low/mid fi smiley face "excitement" but I don't want to put ear muffs on before I put headphones on (best Senn description). Jmo, I don't like smooth or "warm" sound as a rule, but clear and articulate and lively without being harsh or clinical.post #39 of 1548/21/10 at 7:08ampost #40 of 1548/21/10 at 8:36am
I'm mixed on the Beyer sound. Like someone else said, it's hard to say that there is a Beyer "house sound" because they all sound so different. I own the DT770 Pro 80's, and I love them. They aren't for everyone, but I think they are really fun, warm, exciting cans. On the other hand, I once tried a pair of DT 990 "non pro" 250 ohm, and I absolutely hated them. Extremely bright treble, and overall not very engaging. Since the first Beyer I owned was the DT770 pro 80's, I was hoping that that was their "house sound", which is what made me try the DT990 250's.
I've heard a few of the Grado cans, and I own the sr125's. I absolutely hate them. And I didn't care for any of the other ones I heard. The reason I bought them is because they were the first "high end" can that I owned and basically didn't know any better.post #41 of 1548/21/10 at 9:21am
I did not particularly think that Sennheiser had a 'dark veil', but now you say that, I agree. But, I am still happy with my PX200s and will happily recommend the HD201s as bargain beginners. The others I have heard, do not do it for me and it was because the sound had a veil over it as if something was being kept back.
Of makers where I have experience with tops are AKG.post #42 of 1548/21/10 at 12:59pmpost #43 of 1548/21/10 at 1:48pm
I dislike wide soundstage.
I prefer the V curved responses from the M50s and Ultrasone for most music, the only exception being rock, which sounds horrid. Grados do that job well for me.
Edited by Paste - 8/21/10 at 1:50pmpost #44 of 1548/21/10 at 1:48pm
I want to try the W1000X but your description of it sounds like it's too bassy...
- What "house sound" annoys you the most?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 seconds ago
- › $2 Realtek Audio Chip = $2000 DAC! 13 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 55 seconds ago
- › What's the best USB audio cable for the money? 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 2 minutes ago
- › How Many Times Have Your LCD3 Headphones Been Returned to Audeze... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › For Sale - Fostex TH-900, $925 TOTAL. 4 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)