What's so good about Fischer audio?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 8/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productBeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryDACstagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/20/10More
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- brandShuretagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Sennheiser headphones should i buy? Last post on 9/23/11 at 10:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D2000, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm, Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm, AKG Q701, used... Last post on 12/6/12 at 11:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are Refurbished Headphones a Good Idea? Last post on 6/13/11 at 7:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/21/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
First, the normal boilerplate stuff - Audio setup - FLAC files in Media Monkey -> Amazon Basics TOSLINK cable -> Schiit Bifrost w/Uber upgrade -> Knukoncept Shielded RCAs -> Project Ember...
What "house sound" annoys you the most? - Page 3post #31 of 1558/20/10 at 3:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1558/20/10 at 3:21pm
I never really liked the 2 sennheisers that I've tried (hd 228 and hd 238). Very veiled and sibilant. I don't know if the higher models had this kind of trait, but being sibilant (usually because the headphone is bright), while at the same time being dark/veiled is like having the worst of both worlds of warm and bright.
post #33 of 1558/20/10 at 3:38pmpost #34 of 1558/20/10 at 6:00pm
all of fischer audios gear have amazing staging and just the right amount of coloration, not too much to be neutral, but not overly colored to ruin the music like some grado. The silver bullet has an incredible stage left and right, the eterna has AMAZING immersion of depth of field in front of you, all while maintaining epic win bass and clarity on par with much more expensive sets
very few sets can do thatpost #35 of 1558/20/10 at 7:02pm
For me it's Denon. The bass sounds wrong even directly after I audition the K701s... I go from screaming, "MAOR BASS, PL0X!" to "WTFHGWELLSBBQ TOO MUCH."
I'm not a fan of the Sennheiser veil, either.post #36 of 1558/20/10 at 7:08pmpost #37 of 1558/20/10 at 7:12pmpost #38 of 1558/21/10 at 6:56am
Senns by far. Ugh. I'm not an old man, I want some excitement in my music. No I don't want unrefined low/mid fi smiley face "excitement" but I don't want to put ear muffs on before I put headphones on (best Senn description). Jmo, I don't like smooth or "warm" sound as a rule, but clear and articulate and lively without being harsh or clinical.post #39 of 1558/21/10 at 7:08ampost #40 of 1558/21/10 at 8:36am
I'm mixed on the Beyer sound. Like someone else said, it's hard to say that there is a Beyer "house sound" because they all sound so different. I own the DT770 Pro 80's, and I love them. They aren't for everyone, but I think they are really fun, warm, exciting cans. On the other hand, I once tried a pair of DT 990 "non pro" 250 ohm, and I absolutely hated them. Extremely bright treble, and overall not very engaging. Since the first Beyer I owned was the DT770 pro 80's, I was hoping that that was their "house sound", which is what made me try the DT990 250's.
I've heard a few of the Grado cans, and I own the sr125's. I absolutely hate them. And I didn't care for any of the other ones I heard. The reason I bought them is because they were the first "high end" can that I owned and basically didn't know any better.post #41 of 1558/21/10 at 9:21am
I did not particularly think that Sennheiser had a 'dark veil', but now you say that, I agree. But, I am still happy with my PX200s and will happily recommend the HD201s as bargain beginners. The others I have heard, do not do it for me and it was because the sound had a veil over it as if something was being kept back.
Of makers where I have experience with tops are AKG.post #42 of 1558/21/10 at 12:59pmpost #43 of 1558/21/10 at 1:48pm
I dislike wide soundstage.
I prefer the V curved responses from the M50s and Ultrasone for most music, the only exception being rock, which sounds horrid. Grados do that job well for me.
Edited by Paste - 8/21/10 at 1:50pmpost #44 of 1558/21/10 at 1:48pm
I want to try the W1000X but your description of it sounds like it's too bassy...
- What "house sound" annoys you the most?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Shure 1840 49 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 : A Review by Baycode 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Help me choose between these 3 pairs of headphones. 3 minutes ago
- › TDK BA200 - Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendations please. 4 minutes ago
- › SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 4 minutes ago
- › Paradox Slants as EndGame HP over everything else 4 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › Beyerdynamic Tesla T1 by smitty1110
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)