Beyers for me so far....as K19 said I like everything else about them but the treble spike. That being said I haven't quite given up on them yet.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 8/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryDACstagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/20/10More
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- brandShuretagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Sennheiser headphones should i buy? Last post on 9/23/11 at 10:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D2000, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm, Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm, AKG Q701, used... Last post on 12/6/12 at 11:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are Refurbished Headphones a Good Idea? Last post on 6/13/11 at 7:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
What "house sound" annoys you the most? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1548/20/10 at 2:37ampost #18 of 1548/20/10 at 2:51ampost #19 of 1548/20/10 at 3:17ampost #20 of 1548/20/10 at 4:46ampost #21 of 1548/20/10 at 5:40amQuote:
LMFAO!!!!post #22 of 1548/20/10 at 7:20ampost #23 of 1548/20/10 at 10:50am
I do not dislike the Beyerdynamic house sound... but I dislike the Beyer house 'soundstaging'... Next to the K-702, Mahler sounds homogenized and 2-D on my Tesla 1post #24 of 1548/20/10 at 12:13pmpost #25 of 1548/20/10 at 12:22pm
Grado - sounds like somebody shoved needles into my ear
Shure IEMs - sounds like I am listening through the cottonballs that somebody stuffed into my ear after my ears were bleeding from Gradospost #26 of 1548/20/10 at 2:10pmQuote:
LOL what the...post #27 of 1548/20/10 at 2:58pm
The weird thing about grado sr60 for me is that they sounded like they were playing through a dixie cup. The treble didn't bother me, actually they didn't have enough treble to my ears believe it or not.. But the mids were just weird to me. I can't say anything for the rest of the grado line but I certainly hope the sr60 wasn't representative of the higher ones as I'm considering giving the Ms1 a go.post #28 of 1548/20/10 at 3:11pm
headphones companies are getting it all wrong IMO
Man, If i had a few million $ to spend on R&D for making my own brand of headphones, Id put sennheiser, Grado, and everyone else totally out of business at least for the few year or so until they steal and copy my design and signature lol
Props to fischer audio for getting it right the first time ( please dont turn into skullcandy with your terribly ugly new designs pleaseeee stay respectable! )post #29 of 1548/20/10 at 3:18pmpost #30 of 1548/20/10 at 3:18pm
I'm pretty open minded about different sounding gear; I like variety and let's face it all of the phones we discuss here are high quality. But there was one make I have never managed to like and that is Denon, and the first one I heard was the AH-D7000. I'd heard so much I expected them to be amazing and was left completely cold by them; they just sounded lifeless and bland. I went back to them several times to try and see what people saw in them but just didn't get it. Lower models I've heard since were worse.
- What "house sound" annoys you the most?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Best IEM for Trance -2014 edition -Now keeping track in the OP! 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015) 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Spirit Pro vs Phonon SMB02 DS-DAC ed vs Allesandro MS2 5 minutes ago
- › Official X3 firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit,... 5 minutes ago
- › PHONON SMB-02 - HOLY GRAIL 6 minutes ago
- › Video ads are insufferable! 6 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 8 minutes ago
- › Destiny 8 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › GM releasing software that tattles on teen...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)