Beyers for me so far....as K19 said I like everything else about them but the treble spike. That being said I haven't quite given up on them yet.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 8/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryDACstagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/20/10More
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- brandShuretagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Sennheiser headphones should i buy? Last post on 9/23/11 at 10:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D2000, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm, Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm, AKG Q701, used... Last post on 12/6/12 at 11:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are Refurbished Headphones a Good Idea? Last post on 6/13/11 at 7:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/6/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2Last edited: 7/31/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 7/28/15
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
The ATH-CK9LTD’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. I’ve reviewed the ATH-CKR9 and ATH-CKR10 earlier, those reviews are available...
Intro: JDS Labs, Is an American company based in Collinsville, Illinois. They make headphone amplifiers & DAC’s. Mr. John Seaber is the man behind JDS Labs. We might remember JDS Labs when they...
For the price they offer great clarity, but I cannot reccomend these to people who mainly listen to bass heavy music. I still use my UM Pro10's regularly (I also have a pair of Audio Technica...
I have been searching best headphone(for me not for everyone I'm sorry) last half year. Now I found Sennheiser HD600/650 is one of best headphone for classical music and for me. I bought around...
I would like to start with saying thank you to Brainwavz and Pandora for letting me check out the Brainwavz Jive. The Brainwavz Jive is available from...
What "house sound" annoys you the most? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1548/20/10 at 2:37ampost #18 of 1548/20/10 at 2:51ampost #19 of 1548/20/10 at 3:17ampost #20 of 1548/20/10 at 4:46ampost #21 of 1548/20/10 at 5:40amQuote:
LMFAO!!!!post #22 of 1548/20/10 at 7:20ampost #23 of 1548/20/10 at 10:50am
I do not dislike the Beyerdynamic house sound... but I dislike the Beyer house 'soundstaging'... Next to the K-702, Mahler sounds homogenized and 2-D on my Tesla 1post #24 of 1548/20/10 at 12:13pmpost #25 of 1548/20/10 at 12:22pm
Grado - sounds like somebody shoved needles into my ear
Shure IEMs - sounds like I am listening through the cottonballs that somebody stuffed into my ear after my ears were bleeding from Gradospost #26 of 1548/20/10 at 2:10pmQuote:
LOL what the...post #27 of 1548/20/10 at 2:58pm
The weird thing about grado sr60 for me is that they sounded like they were playing through a dixie cup. The treble didn't bother me, actually they didn't have enough treble to my ears believe it or not.. But the mids were just weird to me. I can't say anything for the rest of the grado line but I certainly hope the sr60 wasn't representative of the higher ones as I'm considering giving the Ms1 a go.post #28 of 1548/20/10 at 3:11pm
headphones companies are getting it all wrong IMO
Man, If i had a few million $ to spend on R&D for making my own brand of headphones, Id put sennheiser, Grado, and everyone else totally out of business at least for the few year or so until they steal and copy my design and signature lol
Props to fischer audio for getting it right the first time ( please dont turn into skullcandy with your terribly ugly new designs pleaseeee stay respectable! )post #29 of 1548/20/10 at 3:18pmpost #30 of 1548/20/10 at 3:18pm
I'm pretty open minded about different sounding gear; I like variety and let's face it all of the phones we discuss here are high quality. But there was one make I have never managed to like and that is Denon, and the first one I heard was the AH-D7000. I'd heard so much I expected them to be amazing and was left completely cold by them; they just sounded lifeless and bland. I went back to them several times to try and see what people saw in them but just didn't get it. Lower models I've heard since were worse.
- What "house sound" annoys you the most?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 48 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 50 seconds ago
- › The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Please may I have some advice for DT990 600OHM Premium 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 2 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet, 4th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2015... 4 minutes ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 4 minutes ago
- › Review: New Budget Sony On Ear MDRZX660APB: Impressive Sound &... 5 minutes ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica Ath-m50 Studio Monitor Headphones Limited Red Model... by peter123
- › JDS Labs ODAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by ShaftShanker
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Pokemonn
- › Brainwavz Jive by peter123
- › SoundMAGIC E50S In Ear Isolating Earphones with Microphone - RED by pformagg
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by Malfunkt
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKR10 IN-EAR HEADPHONE TITANIUM SONIC PRO DUAL... by ezekiel77
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2