Beyers for me so far....as K19 said I like everything else about them but the treble spike. That being said I haven't quite given up on them yet.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandBeyertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productBeyer Dynamic DT 770 Premium 600 OHM Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 880 Premium Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productBeyerdynamic DT990 Premium 250 Ohmtagged by System, 8/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productbeyerdynamic Tesla T1tagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryDACstagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/20/10More
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- brandShuretagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Please Help me choose a headphone from this website.... AH-D7000, HD650, DT880, DT990, T70 Last post on 10/20/11 at 8:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which Sennheiser headphones should i buy? Last post on 9/23/11 at 10:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon AH-D2000, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm, Beyerdynamic DT880 600ohm, AKG Q701, used... Last post on 12/6/12 at 11:54am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are Refurbished Headphones a Good Idea? Last post on 6/13/11 at 7:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Which headphone should I take for Metal Music? Last post on 11/14/11 at 4:32pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
These headphones are a steal for the msrp price (don't mind that I got a killer deal). I haven't heard any headphone come close to achieving the textures achieved by the PSBs. The chunkiness...
I bought this headphone as part of a search for an birthday present for my little brother (going for that brother of the year award, he deserved it). I tested and listened to the DT 770 pro 32 ohm...
Intro/Setup The full-size closed under $200 category is a very popular one among pro’s and casual listeners alike. The most similar competitor to this I own is the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro...
Fantastic sound quality! Very clean, detailed and balanced sound. Really strong power for high impedance headphones. Best buy until US 250,00.. It can drive easily my AKG K702 (famous for being...
Great sound, strong bass, great construct quality, very confortable, warm sound. This is a real overall headphone. Everything will sound good on it (not a real reference headphone). Fantastic for...
What "house sound" annoys you the most? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1548/20/10 at 2:37ampost #18 of 1548/20/10 at 2:51ampost #19 of 1548/20/10 at 3:17ampost #20 of 1548/20/10 at 4:46ampost #21 of 1548/20/10 at 5:40amQuote:
LMFAO!!!!post #22 of 1548/20/10 at 7:20ampost #23 of 1548/20/10 at 10:50am
I do not dislike the Beyerdynamic house sound... but I dislike the Beyer house 'soundstaging'... Next to the K-702, Mahler sounds homogenized and 2-D on my Tesla 1post #24 of 1548/20/10 at 12:13pmpost #25 of 1548/20/10 at 12:22pm
Grado - sounds like somebody shoved needles into my ear
Shure IEMs - sounds like I am listening through the cottonballs that somebody stuffed into my ear after my ears were bleeding from Gradospost #26 of 1548/20/10 at 2:10pmQuote:
LOL what the...post #27 of 1548/20/10 at 2:58pm
The weird thing about grado sr60 for me is that they sounded like they were playing through a dixie cup. The treble didn't bother me, actually they didn't have enough treble to my ears believe it or not.. But the mids were just weird to me. I can't say anything for the rest of the grado line but I certainly hope the sr60 wasn't representative of the higher ones as I'm considering giving the Ms1 a go.post #28 of 1548/20/10 at 3:11pm
headphones companies are getting it all wrong IMO
Man, If i had a few million $ to spend on R&D for making my own brand of headphones, Id put sennheiser, Grado, and everyone else totally out of business at least for the few year or so until they steal and copy my design and signature lol
Props to fischer audio for getting it right the first time ( please dont turn into skullcandy with your terribly ugly new designs pleaseeee stay respectable! )post #29 of 1548/20/10 at 3:18pmpost #30 of 1548/20/10 at 3:18pm
I'm pretty open minded about different sounding gear; I like variety and let's face it all of the phones we discuss here are high quality. But there was one make I have never managed to like and that is Denon, and the first one I heard was the AH-D7000. I'd heard so much I expected them to be amazing and was left completely cold by them; they just sounded lifeless and bland. I went back to them several times to try and see what people saw in them but just didn't get it. Lower models I've heard since were worse.
- What "house sound" annoys you the most?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › JVC HA-FX40 | Believe the hype! 22 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 53 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 4 minutes ago
- › The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › post your grado mods.... 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 7 minutes ago
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro Limited Edition 32 Ohm by goropeza
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by rigodeni
- › Matrix M-Stage by Johannus
- › Pioneer HDJ-2000 Reference Professional Dj Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Black by Johannus
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Johannus
- › Sennheiser RS 185 RF Wireless Headphone System by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2