Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › The iBasso D12, dual dacs . images . new Sysconcept optical cable . . Topkit by HiFlight. .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The iBasso D12, dual dacs . images . new Sysconcept optical cable . . Topkit by HiFlight. . - Page 40

post #586 of 601

I'm running a FiiO X3 with my iBasso P4. Could I expect an noticeable improvement by upgrading to the D12 and using the digital out of the X3?

post #587 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugdozer View Post

I'm running a FiiO X3 with my iBasso P4. Could I expect an noticeable improvement by upgrading to the D12 and using the digital out of the X3?
You will get different SS..all dac and amp are then done by d12... But if this is what you want, you can also just get the dx50 and swap between two daps two battery lives, and without the need for carrying a stack...
post #588 of 601

My apologies for the necro, but it's hard to find details on some of these ibasso dacs with references to compare to. Would any of you owners of the D12 be able to shed any light on how the DAC portion of the D12 sounds? I'm going to feed this into a PB2, and the only sourge gear references I have relevant to head fi would be the SS of a Fiio x3, e11 through various phones, ipod touch 4th gen stock. I'm currently trying to find a DAC to pair with the PB2, and am stuck between the DB2 and D12, and yes, I'll be listening in balanced. 

I've read here that the D12 is "light", yet detailed. I've read the same of the DB2 compared to heavier amps, while at the same time more detailed statements calling it "dark", contradicting other subjective impressions.

 

Any input would be appreciated :biggrin:

post #589 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcJC View Post

My apologies for the necro, but it's hard to find details on some of these ibasso dacs with references to compare to. Would any of you owners of the D12 be able to shed any light on how the DAC portion of the D12 sounds? I'm going to feed this into a PB2, and the only sourge gear references I have relevant to head fi would be the SS of a Fiio x3, e11 through various phones, ipod touch 4th gen stock. I'm currently trying to find a DAC to pair with the PB2, and am stuck between the DB2 and D12, and yes, I'll be listening in balanced. 


I've read here that the D12 is "light", yet detailed. I've read the same of the DB2 compared to heavier amps, while at the same time more detailed statements calling it "dark", contradicting other subjective impressions.

Any input would be appreciated biggrin.gif

I'll agree with light, but detailed.
It's a better DAC than the FiiO E17 I used to own, but it also costs twice as much!
The E17 sounded foggy by comparison.
post #590 of 601

Hi , every one , i am searching for a mini jack opitical cable , this is to  connect my AK100 MKII to the Ibasso D12 , thanks in advance .

post #591 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph58 View Post

Hi , every one , i am searching for a mini jack opitical cable , this is to  connect my AK100 MKII to the Ibasso D12 , thanks in advance .

Try ordering a Silflex Optical cable with Toslink on one end and mini jack on the other end.
post #592 of 601

Thanks for your reply , as you said ,i've been to their site "Silflex Optical cable" , their shorter cable is too long for me, and it is expensive too : 65 USD + shipping .

post #593 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph58 View Post

Hi , every one , i am searching for a mini jack opitical cable , this is to  connect my AK100 MKII to the Ibasso D12 , thanks in advance .

http://www.sysconcept.ca/product_info.php?products_id=364&osCsid=76u8dfn0g94mithfl8ucrju2p2

They will build it for you to your specific needs. Great people too.
post #594 of 601

OK , thanks very much , i'll see that .

post #595 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph58 View Post

Thanks for your reply , as you said ,i've been to their site "Silflex Optical cable" , their shorter cable is too long for me, and it is expensive too : 65 USD + shipping .

Yes they are expensive but the build quality is outstanding!
I own a pair of their optical cables, one with mini jack and toslink, and one with Toslinks on both ends.
post #596 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehr33 View Post


http://www.sysconcept.ca/product_info.php?products_id=364&osCsid=76u8dfn0g94mithfl8ucrju2p2

They will build it for you to your specific needs. Great people too.


Hi , i have found with your help what i want from Sysconcept . I think that is the right Toslink mini cable for my AK100 MKII and Ibasso D12 , send them a message for more precision , and will order the mini cable . Thanks for your help .            PS : It is the  1300-strands 24/192, Toslink Mini 90-deg Precision Premium Cable   1300-strands 24/192, Toslink Mini 90-deg Precision Premium Cable 

post #597 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph58 View Post


Hi , i have found with your help what i want from Sysconcept . I think that is the right Toslink mini cable for my AK100 MKII and Ibasso D12 , send them a message for more precision , and will order the mini cable . Thanks for your help .            PS : It is the  1300-strands 24/192, Toslink Mini 90-deg Precision Premium Cable   1300-strands 24/192, Toslink Mini 90-deg Precision Premium Cable
 

Glad I can help. Good choice with the Precision Premium Cable. They are the best custom optical cable around. Got myself the premium cable few years ago.

post #598 of 601

Thanks to you Er33 , i am waiting for the delivery of the D12 Anaconda but i wonder if the  DB2 Boomslang is superior in term of Sound Quality ? Autonomy ; ease of use , recharging ...... it cost  not so much more then the D12 , i still have the possibility to change for the DB2 now , if it is worth the upgrade . If someone can help me . Thanks in advance .

post #599 of 601

I have the answer , the DB2  have not a built in amp , i'st just a Dac  , the D12 have ( work as Dac Amp ) , so for me it is the D12 no doubt . Thanks .

post #600 of 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehr33 View Post


Glad I can help. Good choice with the Precision Premium Cable. They are the best custom optical cable around. Got myself the premium cable few years ago.

The cable have been order , you are right ,  they are Great people . Many thanks .

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › The iBasso D12, dual dacs . images . new Sysconcept optical cable . . Topkit by HiFlight. .