Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Ibasso DB2, does anyone know? Last post on 1/2/12 at 12:16pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Portable Amp/Dac w/ Optical (MBP) Last post on 8/15/11 at 7:50pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp for Hi-fi Man HE-5LE Last post on 5/9/11 at 12:27am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Need help finding an amp/DAC Last post on 1/23/11 at 1:49pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Which DAC for RSA Protector? Last post on 1/1/11 at 4:05pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
Disclaimer: The Noble Kaiser Encore sample was provided to me by Noble for the purposes of this review. The Noble K10 was my first Multi-BA earphone. While it might not be the as good as the...
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The iBasso D12, dual dacs . images . new Sysconcept optical cable . . Topkit by HiFlight. . - Page 10
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #137 of 60610/18/10 at 8:08am
im a bit confused. is spdif the same as coaxial? I have ordered the ibasso d12 and need a cable to connect the archos spdif output to the ibasso coaxial input (or optical if it matters). The spdif and coaxial cables look the same will they all work? Can you recommend or point me to a suitable cable of good quality for this job? Thanks.post #138 of 60610/18/10 at 6:39pm
SPDIF is a standard for digital audio transmission while coaxial and TOSLINK (optical) are two implementations of SPDIF.
You can get a cheap optical cable first cos I am not sure if there are benefits of buying expensive onespost #139 of 60610/19/10 at 12:21ampost #140 of 60610/21/10 at 7:52ampost #141 of 60610/21/10 at 8:04am
when connected via USB port, is the DAC able to play 24bit/96kHz audio (I assume it is able to play it via optical input)?
80% of my music collection is in this format that's why I'm interested, but there are very few DACs that do 24/96 via USB.
Thankspost #142 of 60610/21/10 at 12:59pm
any comparision between ibasso d4? im liking the fact that the d12 has optical and all, but i do not relaly need it. it would just be nice to use the optical out from my macbook pro and leave a usb port open, however im seeing that the d4 has more powerpost #143 of 60610/21/10 at 1:04pmQuote:
I have a prototype Topkit that I am evaluating for the D12 that can supply 250ma/ch. Further info forthcoming.post #144 of 60610/21/10 at 2:21pmThread StarterQuote:
If your computer is putting out 24 bit 96 khz the dac system will go to 24 bit 96khz.post #145 of 60610/22/10 at 4:08amQuote:
How could that be possible when your USB receiver chip only supports and accepts 16/44.1, 48?post #146 of 60610/22/10 at 4:12amThread StarterQuote:
You are right. I have been working with optical and coax and have been thinking along those lines. Thank you for the correction.post #147 of 60610/22/10 at 12:21pm
Here's some information on the optical cable product that Jamato has been refering to (from Sysconcept):
We are in the process of obtaining the cable, it needs to be jacketed so
it will take few weeks.
We did not post any information about it, as we don't have it officially
Here are the spec sheet and partial view picture how it looks under
Yes, the cable is impressive, we have made few and have one confirmation
that it work at 24bit/192kHz; as not everybody can test it at this
All these short cables we make:
we will use this 1300-core fiber as we have about 2-meter in stock so it
is enough for several cables (about 25); but any cable longer then 30cm
the order will have to wait until we get it in stock and jacket it.
Specifications: Plastic Optical Fiber Multi-Core POF 1-1300
Core Material - PMMA
Clad Material - Fluorinated Polymer
Fiber Diameter - 1000 +/- 60 um
Core Number - 1300
Jacket Material - PE
Jacket Diameter - 2200 +/- 70 um
Jacket Color - Black
Attenuation - <0.6 dB/m
Tensile Strength at Break Point - >80 N
Minimum Bending Radius - 1 Mmpost #148 of 60610/22/10 at 12:46pm
Can the Black Gates that were used to mod the D10 be used to mod the D12? 470uF 6.3V and the 220uF 6.3V? I got a bunch sitting around that Ryuzoh was supposed to take from me to do the work on my D10 but he is not responding to my mails. The D12 looks easier to do the big caps now but I noticed that the cap was a 2000uF 16V on Ron's internal shots (on the D10 it was a 1500uF 6.3V). Jon, what are the specs on the D12's little caps?
Edited by dwonk - 10/25/10 at 11:11ampost #149 of 60610/22/10 at 12:52pmThread Starterpost #150 of 60610/24/10 at 6:39am
I got the D12 2 days ago and put them through about 24hrs of burn in.
At first, I put my Ultrasone Pro900s on and they sounded terrible with really harsh highs ... but soon realized that's due to the inherent property of the pre burned-in headphones.
This morning, I put on my Westone UM2 through them and they sound totally awesome. I previously thought the UM2s lacked highs and were a little too strong on the lows, but combined with the D12, it seems to even things out quite a fair bit. Overall signal was much cleaner which was evidenced by the very much improved instrument separation.
This was with the stock opamps.
I think I've found a very good match for my UM2s which I was going to put on sale. Now I'm gonna keep them, just cause they sound so good with the D12.
Will post more impressions with other headphones soon.
Edited by jermng - 10/24/10 at 8:05am
- The iBasso D12, dual dacs . images . new Sysconcept optical cable . . Topkit by HiFlight. .
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 9 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 1 minute ago
- › Recommendations on desktop headphone/amp setup for 80% low fi... 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-4 2 minutes ago
- › JVC new top tier Wooden IEM : JVC HA FX 1100 3 minutes ago
- › Heavily Modified MHDT Havana DAC in Wooden Chassis 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio K5 not providing bass and power expected (weak compared to... 6 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear