I saw this mentioned in past reviews and I was checking if it is still true. Thanks.
Related Forum Threads
- Rudistor realeased a new flagship amp Last post on 4/5/11 at 5:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- $700 SS amp - Rudistor, Meier, Burson ? Last post on 10/12/10 at 10:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Rudistor rp010 sound quality vs. newer amps (Beta22 or Luxman P1U). Last post on 7/6/11 at 2:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What will you choose? Woo wa22 or rudistor RP010B mkII? Last post on 8/3/10 at 6:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Balanced headphone amp, which one is your choice? RSAB52 or Rudistor RP010B MkII Last post on 8/2/10 at 3:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
- Headphone Impedance
Does the current Rudistor RP010B come with a remote volume control?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Thanks. Yep, Rudistor said no on the remote, even as an option (which is funny because there are reviews here showing actual pictures of the remote). I guess they discontinued it. Too bad, that would be a nice feature.
Also, how hot does it get? Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I've noticed although people complain about Rudistor, everyone who has heard this amp says it sounds just unbelievably great. I can't recall one negative comment about the sound quality.
I am impressed by the build and sound quality.
I can understand people who actually own it complaining, but I can't understand those who haven't even seen it and making lots of noise.
I thought the same thing, noticing that a lot of folks who criticized the design were not owners or had even commented on the sound, so I can't tell if they heard it or not. These criticisms may be legitimate, but, still, I think in the end it's performance that counts.
I also noticed that this amp is now about $1200-$1300 less than it was 2-3 years ago. I guess that is because of the Euro, but I'm not sure. If so, it's nice of Rudi to pass that savings directly on to U.S. buyers. So now it is only $1K more than the Luxman P1U or Apache.
Edited by rgs9200m - 8/20/10 at 1:09pm
I bought mine one year ago, and I wanted a remote - the user's guide even discussed it still - but Rudi said they dropped it for simplification.
I had a small hardware issue - the 1/4" sockets were loose-fitting - but Rudi took care of it asap. The amp's SQ is fantastic - detail and music, with such timbre and real presence - and it has commanding power - it can even drive K1000s. I highly recommend it.
Very nice indeed, excellent SQ but in my opinion and with my system, it cannot drive the K1000's to the level I would have liked.
Did you have to send yours back to Italy to get the sockets fixed?
Yes, and though it's been over a year now and my memory may be fuzzing me, but as I recall it was on his dime. Rudi was very firm about wanting to take care of it right. I have absolutley no complaints, just lots of enjoyable music moments.
Most impressive is its absolutely transparent SQ --- it has proved to be equal or better than every component upgrade I've made in the system and every comparison I've made. In the end, it is always at least one iota better or more enjoyable.
- Does the current Rudistor RP010B come with a remote volume control?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Ranking of 21 DACs and DAC Configurations (and why chocolate ice... 1 minute ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › HeadAmp Customer Service? 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW]: Future Sonics MG5Pro 10mm Dynamic Driver Custom Fit... 4 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 5 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 6 minutes ago
- › THE OSTRY KC06A ! THE GUY WHO SURPRISES WITH SOUND, CLASS,LOOK AND... 6 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)