I saw this mentioned in past reviews and I was checking if it is still true. Thanks.
Related Forum Threads
- Rudistor realeased a new flagship amp Last post on 4/5/11 at 5:46pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- $700 SS amp - Rudistor, Meier, Burson ? Last post on 10/12/10 at 10:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Rudistor rp010 sound quality vs. newer amps (Beta22 or Luxman P1U). Last post on 7/6/11 at 2:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What will you choose? Woo wa22 or rudistor RP010B mkII? Last post on 8/3/10 at 6:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Balanced headphone amp, which one is your choice? RSAB52 or Rudistor RP010B MkII Last post on 8/2/10 at 3:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Headphone Impedance
Does the current Rudistor RP010B come with a remote volume control?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Thanks. Yep, Rudistor said no on the remote, even as an option (which is funny because there are reviews here showing actual pictures of the remote). I guess they discontinued it. Too bad, that would be a nice feature.
Also, how hot does it get? Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I've noticed although people complain about Rudistor, everyone who has heard this amp says it sounds just unbelievably great. I can't recall one negative comment about the sound quality.
I am impressed by the build and sound quality.
I can understand people who actually own it complaining, but I can't understand those who haven't even seen it and making lots of noise.
I thought the same thing, noticing that a lot of folks who criticized the design were not owners or had even commented on the sound, so I can't tell if they heard it or not. These criticisms may be legitimate, but, still, I think in the end it's performance that counts.
I also noticed that this amp is now about $1200-$1300 less than it was 2-3 years ago. I guess that is because of the Euro, but I'm not sure. If so, it's nice of Rudi to pass that savings directly on to U.S. buyers. So now it is only $1K more than the Luxman P1U or Apache.
Edited by rgs9200m - 8/20/10 at 1:09pm
I bought mine one year ago, and I wanted a remote - the user's guide even discussed it still - but Rudi said they dropped it for simplification.
I had a small hardware issue - the 1/4" sockets were loose-fitting - but Rudi took care of it asap. The amp's SQ is fantastic - detail and music, with such timbre and real presence - and it has commanding power - it can even drive K1000s. I highly recommend it.
Very nice indeed, excellent SQ but in my opinion and with my system, it cannot drive the K1000's to the level I would have liked.
Did you have to send yours back to Italy to get the sockets fixed?
Yes, and though it's been over a year now and my memory may be fuzzing me, but as I recall it was on his dime. Rudi was very firm about wanting to take care of it right. I have absolutley no complaints, just lots of enjoyable music moments.
Most impressive is its absolutely transparent SQ --- it has proved to be equal or better than every component upgrade I've made in the system and every comparison I've made. In the end, it is always at least one iota better or more enjoyable.
- Does the current Rudistor RP010B come with a remote volume control?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 41 seconds ago
- › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced... 2 minutes ago
- › Tube warmth and distortion and it's pros 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › SF Bay Area mini-meet 4 minutes ago
- › Help: Fiio 09K vs Schiit Vali and Optimal Setup 4 minutes ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Impression of Stoner Acoustics UD100... 5 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob