I saw this mentioned in past reviews and I was checking if it is still true. Thanks.
Related Forum Threads
- Rudistor realeased a new flagship amp Last post on 2/3/16 at 5:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- $700 SS amp - Rudistor, Meier, Burson ? Last post on 10/12/10 at 10:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Rudistor rp010 sound quality vs. newer amps (Beta22 or Luxman P1U). Last post on 7/6/11 at 2:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What will you choose? Woo wa22 or rudistor RP010B mkII? Last post on 8/3/10 at 6:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Balanced headphone amp, which one is your choice? RSAB52 or Rudistor RP010B MkII Last post on 8/2/10 at 3:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an accurate...
Does the current Rudistor RP010B come with a remote volume control?post #1 of 118/19/10 at 7:31amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2 of 118/19/10 at 10:56ampost #3 of 118/19/10 at 1:20pmThread Starter
Thanks. Yep, Rudistor said no on the remote, even as an option (which is funny because there are reviews here showing actual pictures of the remote). I guess they discontinued it. Too bad, that would be a nice feature.
Also, how hot does it get? Thanks in advance.post #4 of 118/19/10 at 9:53pmpost #5 of 118/20/10 at 9:22amThread Starter
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I've noticed although people complain about Rudistor, everyone who has heard this amp says it sounds just unbelievably great. I can't recall one negative comment about the sound quality.post #6 of 118/20/10 at 10:03am
I am impressed by the build and sound quality.
I can understand people who actually own it complaining, but I can't understand those who haven't even seen it and making lots of noise.post #7 of 118/20/10 at 1:04pmThread Starter
I thought the same thing, noticing that a lot of folks who criticized the design were not owners or had even commented on the sound, so I can't tell if they heard it or not. These criticisms may be legitimate, but, still, I think in the end it's performance that counts.
I also noticed that this amp is now about $1200-$1300 less than it was 2-3 years ago. I guess that is because of the Euro, but I'm not sure. If so, it's nice of Rudi to pass that savings directly on to U.S. buyers. So now it is only $1K more than the Luxman P1U or Apache.
Edited by rgs9200m - 8/20/10 at 1:09pmpost #8 of 118/22/10 at 1:50am
I bought mine one year ago, and I wanted a remote - the user's guide even discussed it still - but Rudi said they dropped it for simplification.
I had a small hardware issue - the 1/4" sockets were loose-fitting - but Rudi took care of it asap. The amp's SQ is fantastic - detail and music, with such timbre and real presence - and it has commanding power - it can even drive K1000s. I highly recommend it.post #9 of 118/22/10 at 3:19am
Very nice indeed, excellent SQ but in my opinion and with my system, it cannot drive the K1000's to the level I would have liked.
Did you have to send yours back to Italy to get the sockets fixed?post #10 of 118/22/10 at 5:06pm
Yes, and though it's been over a year now and my memory may be fuzzing me, but as I recall it was on his dime. Rudi was very firm about wanting to take care of it right. I have absolutley no complaints, just lots of enjoyable music moments.
Most impressive is its absolutely transparent SQ --- it has proved to be equal or better than every component upgrade I've made in the system and every comparison I've made. In the end, it is always at least one iota better or more enjoyable.
- Does the current Rudistor RP010B come with a remote volume control?
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 14 seconds ago
- › A Music Lovers First Thread and Question 1 minute ago
- › IBasso Audio IT03 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 4 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 5 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 7 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear