I saw this mentioned in past reviews and I was checking if it is still true. Thanks.
Related Forum Threads
- Rudistor realeased a new flagship amp Last post on 2/3/16 at 5:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- $700 SS amp - Rudistor, Meier, Burson ? Last post on 10/12/10 at 10:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Rudistor rp010 sound quality vs. newer amps (Beta22 or Luxman P1U). Last post on 7/6/11 at 2:08pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- What will you choose? Woo wa22 or rudistor RP010B mkII? Last post on 8/3/10 at 6:52am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Balanced headphone amp, which one is your choice? RSAB52 or Rudistor RP010B MkII Last post on 8/2/10 at 3:56am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I picked up these for my wife. I thought that since she is more of an average listener (not too concerned with audio), the V-shaped sound might be acceptable or even preferred. I gave them a listen...
I got to listen to these for a couple weeks as part of the USA tour, with the requirement that I write a review and pay to ship them to the next participant. I am not affiliated with, and was not...
Introduction: I have had the chance to listen to the HD800 a few times at local Head-Fi meets. However, I have never got a good chance to listen to them, either the person who owned them...
At the time of this review, the iFi micro iDSD, iFi nano Gemini cable and iFi nano iUSB3.0 was for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are links for the purchase of these three...
These so far dethroned all my top headphones. Deeper more natural bass than the M50X, or the HE-400, better 3d imaging, and speed than the AD900x, better comfort than the DT990pro. Mine is...
- Headphone Impedance
Does the current Rudistor RP010B come with a remote volume control?
Thanks. Yep, Rudistor said no on the remote, even as an option (which is funny because there are reviews here showing actual pictures of the remote). I guess they discontinued it. Too bad, that would be a nice feature.
Also, how hot does it get? Thanks in advance.
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I've noticed although people complain about Rudistor, everyone who has heard this amp says it sounds just unbelievably great. I can't recall one negative comment about the sound quality.
I am impressed by the build and sound quality.
I can understand people who actually own it complaining, but I can't understand those who haven't even seen it and making lots of noise.
I thought the same thing, noticing that a lot of folks who criticized the design were not owners or had even commented on the sound, so I can't tell if they heard it or not. These criticisms may be legitimate, but, still, I think in the end it's performance that counts.
I also noticed that this amp is now about $1200-$1300 less than it was 2-3 years ago. I guess that is because of the Euro, but I'm not sure. If so, it's nice of Rudi to pass that savings directly on to U.S. buyers. So now it is only $1K more than the Luxman P1U or Apache.
Edited by rgs9200m - 8/20/10 at 1:09pm
I bought mine one year ago, and I wanted a remote - the user's guide even discussed it still - but Rudi said they dropped it for simplification.
I had a small hardware issue - the 1/4" sockets were loose-fitting - but Rudi took care of it asap. The amp's SQ is fantastic - detail and music, with such timbre and real presence - and it has commanding power - it can even drive K1000s. I highly recommend it.
Very nice indeed, excellent SQ but in my opinion and with my system, it cannot drive the K1000's to the level I would have liked.
Did you have to send yours back to Italy to get the sockets fixed?
Yes, and though it's been over a year now and my memory may be fuzzing me, but as I recall it was on his dime. Rudi was very firm about wanting to take care of it right. I have absolutley no complaints, just lots of enjoyable music moments.
Most impressive is its absolutely transparent SQ --- it has proved to be equal or better than every component upgrade I've made in the system and every comparison I've made. In the end, it is always at least one iota better or more enjoyable.
- Does the current Rudistor RP010B come with a remote volume control?
- › Denon D7000s, Xi-Fi Titanium HD and 2.1 Speakers 7 seconds ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 19 seconds ago
- › SHURE SE535 1 minute ago
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 1 minute ago
- › Shure SRH1840 vs AKG K701/K702? 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER C Review / Announcement - A New Closed-Back Planar... 4 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Yubacore
- › Meze 99 Classics by Defiant00
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by silvrr
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Hisoundfi
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by droido256
- › OPPO PM-3 by Sophonax
- › Sennheiser HD 558 by starbux61
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Feilong4
- › X-18 D2 - Sundown Audio 18" Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer by RockeyDA
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by mark2410
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse