Since I've posted a few comments here and there I thought to start a new thread about my quest for sound nirvana (according to my personal taste obviously). I bought a pair of CK10 as they were recommended as having great highs (which I love). Unfortunately the thin bass (sorry, best way I can describe them!) made sell them. I now have the IE8 that have plenty of bass, but the highs leave a bit to be desired, IMO. So is there an earphone that combines the best of both world or as close as possible. They don't have to have the amount of highs of the CK10 but certainly more than what the IE8 can offer and same for the bass (not as much as the IE8 but more than the CK10). Some of the models recommended where the Radius and the Ortofon but I'd love to hear other opinions. Thank you in advance for everyone's feedback
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser CX 985 Announcement: Improvements Plus A Lower Price!(With A Question) Last post on 10/29/12 at 2:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs Matching Denon AH-D2000 Sound Signature Last post on 1/25/12 at 6:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replacing UE700: TF10 or CK10 or... Last post on 2/9/11 at 7:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 successor. Last post on 2/4/11 at 10:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Question about Refurbished Sennheiser IE7 Last post on 8/9/13 at 9:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
I stumbled upon these headphones after numerous hours of research. To be quite honest, I'd never heard of this brand before so I was a bit hesitant before making the jump; especially after owning...
Let me start with the good, and then explain why you should never buy this IEM. Sound signature: The treble, mids and bass are sort of like that of an HD800, except downgraded. For example, one...
Something in between IE8 and CK10...post #1 of 908/19/10 at 6:05amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 908/19/10 at 6:47ampost #3 of 908/19/10 at 6:53ampost #4 of 908/19/10 at 6:56ampost #5 of 908/19/10 at 7:09amThread Starterpost #6 of 908/19/10 at 7:15am
Depends on how much you love insane micro detail. The Coppers would be a nice blend between the IE8 and CK10's IF you don't mind a slight loss of clarity/detail compared to the CK10's. The bass is great on them for sure, not bass light by any means and at the same time not heavy in that it doesn't bleed into other parts of the sound signature.post #7 of 908/19/10 at 7:17am
I second this. TF10 have plenty of bass with good highs as well. They can have a bit of a trouble with fit depending on your ear size.
The Ortofon e-Q7 have treble as their weakness since there is a slight rolloff on the top and their bass quantity is very close to the CK10. I wouldn't consider this in between at all.post #8 of 908/19/10 at 7:48amQuote:Originally Posted by SolidSnake3
Depends on how much you love insane micro detail. The Coppers would be a nice blend between the IE8 and CK10's IF you don't mind a slight loss of clarity/detail compared to the CK10's. The bass is great on them for sure, not bass light by any means and at the same time not heavy in that it doesn't bleed into other parts of the sound signature.
I haven't heard the CK's yet, but from what I read, I would agree the MTPC would be a nice mid-ground. I'd also recommend the Westone 3, they have better detail than the IE8 and more bass than the Copper's. The W3 also has a wide "headstage" (like the IE8).
post #9 of 908/19/10 at 8:10ampost #10 of 908/19/10 at 4:10pmThread StarterQuote:
Thank you. By the W3 you mean the Westone 3?post #11 of 908/19/10 at 4:19pm
I agree hole heartedly with both statements and would also throw in westone 3 and SM3post #12 of 908/19/10 at 6:49pmThread StarterQuote:
Looking at these two model which one would you go for if treble clarity and definition was the deciding factor?
post #13 of 908/19/10 at 7:25pmMTPC are nice for a dynamic based IEM and the SM3 are also very nice (but the uppermidrange/lower treble is ever so slightly recessed. From what I have read the W3 will have more present treble with almost as nice bass as the SM3 but can be fatiguing.post #14 of 908/19/10 at 7:35pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Something in between IE8 and CK10...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Official 2014 SoCal Head-Fi Meet, March 22, 2014, Westin South... 13 seconds ago
- › FitEar To Go! 334 with 001 cable, Pelican case, all accessories,... 59 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Your Album of the Month 1 minute ago
- › NEW Sony Walkman Z Series mini review!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-21 headphone amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › Should I Upgrade? 3 minutes ago
- › Superlux Express Train 4 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter... by laughingbuddha
- › Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC by laughingbuddha
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude