Since I've posted a few comments here and there I thought to start a new thread about my quest for sound nirvana (according to my personal taste obviously). I bought a pair of CK10 as they were recommended as having great highs (which I love). Unfortunately the thin bass (sorry, best way I can describe them!) made sell them. I now have the IE8 that have plenty of bass, but the highs leave a bit to be desired, IMO. So is there an earphone that combines the best of both world or as close as possible. They don't have to have the amount of highs of the CK10 but certainly more than what the IE8 can offer and same for the bass (not as much as the IE8 but more than the CK10). Some of the models recommended where the Radius and the Ortofon but I'd love to hear other opinions. Thank you in advance for everyone's feedback
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser CX 985 Announcement: Improvements Plus A Lower Price!(With A Question) Last post on 10/29/12 at 2:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs Matching Denon AH-D2000 Sound Signature Last post on 1/25/12 at 6:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replacing UE700: TF10 or CK10 or... Last post on 2/9/11 at 7:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 successor. Last post on 2/4/11 at 10:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Question about Refurbished Sennheiser IE7 Last post on 8/9/13 at 9:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Something in between IE8 and CK10...post #1 of 908/19/10 at 6:05amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 908/19/10 at 6:47ampost #3 of 908/19/10 at 6:53ampost #4 of 908/19/10 at 6:56ampost #5 of 908/19/10 at 7:09amThread Starterpost #6 of 908/19/10 at 7:15am
Depends on how much you love insane micro detail. The Coppers would be a nice blend between the IE8 and CK10's IF you don't mind a slight loss of clarity/detail compared to the CK10's. The bass is great on them for sure, not bass light by any means and at the same time not heavy in that it doesn't bleed into other parts of the sound signature.post #7 of 908/19/10 at 7:17am
I second this. TF10 have plenty of bass with good highs as well. They can have a bit of a trouble with fit depending on your ear size.
The Ortofon e-Q7 have treble as their weakness since there is a slight rolloff on the top and their bass quantity is very close to the CK10. I wouldn't consider this in between at all.post #8 of 908/19/10 at 7:48amQuote:Originally Posted by SolidSnake3
Depends on how much you love insane micro detail. The Coppers would be a nice blend between the IE8 and CK10's IF you don't mind a slight loss of clarity/detail compared to the CK10's. The bass is great on them for sure, not bass light by any means and at the same time not heavy in that it doesn't bleed into other parts of the sound signature.
I haven't heard the CK's yet, but from what I read, I would agree the MTPC would be a nice mid-ground. I'd also recommend the Westone 3, they have better detail than the IE8 and more bass than the Copper's. The W3 also has a wide "headstage" (like the IE8).
post #9 of 908/19/10 at 8:10ampost #10 of 908/19/10 at 4:10pmThread StarterQuote:
Thank you. By the W3 you mean the Westone 3?post #11 of 908/19/10 at 4:19pm
I agree hole heartedly with both statements and would also throw in westone 3 and SM3post #12 of 908/19/10 at 6:49pmThread StarterQuote:
Looking at these two model which one would you go for if treble clarity and definition was the deciding factor?
post #13 of 908/19/10 at 7:25pmMTPC are nice for a dynamic based IEM and the SM3 are also very nice (but the uppermidrange/lower treble is ever so slightly recessed. From what I have read the W3 will have more present treble with almost as nice bass as the SM3 but can be fatiguing.post #14 of 908/19/10 at 7:35pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Something in between IE8 and CK10...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 8 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Chi-Uni-Fi 8.5 Chicago Area HP Meet - Nov 8th 2014 1 minute ago
- › FS: Fiio E10K 3 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-100 thread 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 7 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 8 minutes ago
- › The Everything MOD Gallery! 8 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)