Since I've posted a few comments here and there I thought to start a new thread about my quest for sound nirvana (according to my personal taste obviously). I bought a pair of CK10 as they were recommended as having great highs (which I love). Unfortunately the thin bass (sorry, best way I can describe them!) made sell them. I now have the IE8 that have plenty of bass, but the highs leave a bit to be desired, IMO. So is there an earphone that combines the best of both world or as close as possible. They don't have to have the amount of highs of the CK10 but certainly more than what the IE8 can offer and same for the bass (not as much as the IE8 but more than the CK10). Some of the models recommended where the Radius and the Ortofon but I'd love to hear other opinions. Thank you in advance for everyone's feedback
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser CX 985 Announcement: Improvements Plus A Lower Price!(With A Question) Last post on 10/29/12 at 2:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs Matching Denon AH-D2000 Sound Signature Last post on 1/25/12 at 6:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replacing UE700: TF10 or CK10 or... Last post on 2/9/11 at 7:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 successor. Last post on 2/4/11 at 10:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Question about Refurbished Sennheiser IE7 Last post on 8/9/13 at 9:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
These headphones need to be amped. If you choose to use them without doing so, they will sound weak and lifeless. The complaints I read about seem to me to be with people that haven't synergized...
For my taste are too analitical cans.I try to remove the high frequencies sibiling using several different tips...shure triple compy foam....nothing they remain too harsh for my tasty. I also...
Something in between IE8 and CK10...post #1 of 908/19/10 at 6:05amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 908/19/10 at 6:47ampost #3 of 908/19/10 at 6:53ampost #4 of 908/19/10 at 6:56ampost #5 of 908/19/10 at 7:09amThread Starterpost #6 of 908/19/10 at 7:15am
Depends on how much you love insane micro detail. The Coppers would be a nice blend between the IE8 and CK10's IF you don't mind a slight loss of clarity/detail compared to the CK10's. The bass is great on them for sure, not bass light by any means and at the same time not heavy in that it doesn't bleed into other parts of the sound signature.post #7 of 908/19/10 at 7:17am
I second this. TF10 have plenty of bass with good highs as well. They can have a bit of a trouble with fit depending on your ear size.
The Ortofon e-Q7 have treble as their weakness since there is a slight rolloff on the top and their bass quantity is very close to the CK10. I wouldn't consider this in between at all.post #8 of 908/19/10 at 7:48amQuote:Originally Posted by SolidSnake3
Depends on how much you love insane micro detail. The Coppers would be a nice blend between the IE8 and CK10's IF you don't mind a slight loss of clarity/detail compared to the CK10's. The bass is great on them for sure, not bass light by any means and at the same time not heavy in that it doesn't bleed into other parts of the sound signature.
I haven't heard the CK's yet, but from what I read, I would agree the MTPC would be a nice mid-ground. I'd also recommend the Westone 3, they have better detail than the IE8 and more bass than the Copper's. The W3 also has a wide "headstage" (like the IE8).
post #9 of 908/19/10 at 8:10ampost #10 of 908/19/10 at 4:10pmThread StarterQuote:
Thank you. By the W3 you mean the Westone 3?post #11 of 908/19/10 at 4:19pm
I agree hole heartedly with both statements and would also throw in westone 3 and SM3post #12 of 908/19/10 at 6:49pmThread StarterQuote:
Looking at these two model which one would you go for if treble clarity and definition was the deciding factor?
post #13 of 908/19/10 at 7:25pmMTPC are nice for a dynamic based IEM and the SM3 are also very nice (but the uppermidrange/lower treble is ever so slightly recessed. From what I have read the W3 will have more present treble with almost as nice bass as the SM3 but can be fatiguing.post #14 of 908/19/10 at 7:35pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Something in between IE8 and CK10...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 8 seconds ago
- › ATH WS99BT Discussion & Impressions 23 seconds ago
- › Official Schiit Vali 2 Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › ☯️ Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › Formula 1-fi (Read the First Post!) 3 minutes ago
- › Comparison: Noble K10 vs Rhapsodio Solar (and Onkyo DP-X1 vs Chord... 4 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 5 minutes ago
- › Jumping. 5 minutes ago
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › OPPO PM-3 by T Bone
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by TravAndAlex
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...