Since I've posted a few comments here and there I thought to start a new thread about my quest for sound nirvana (according to my personal taste obviously). I bought a pair of CK10 as they were recommended as having great highs (which I love). Unfortunately the thin bass (sorry, best way I can describe them!) made sell them. I now have the IE8 that have plenty of bass, but the highs leave a bit to be desired, IMO. So is there an earphone that combines the best of both world or as close as possible. They don't have to have the amount of highs of the CK10 but certainly more than what the IE8 can offer and same for the bass (not as much as the IE8 but more than the CK10). Some of the models recommended where the Radius and the Ortofon but I'd love to hear other opinions. Thank you in advance for everyone's feedback
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser CX 985 Announcement: Improvements Plus A Lower Price!(With A Question) Last post on 10/29/12 at 2:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs Matching Denon AH-D2000 Sound Signature Last post on 1/25/12 at 6:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replacing UE700: TF10 or CK10 or... Last post on 2/9/11 at 7:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 successor. Last post on 2/4/11 at 10:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Question about Refurbished Sennheiser IE7 Last post on 8/9/13 at 9:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
Something in between IE8 and CK10...post #1 of 908/19/10 at 6:05amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 908/19/10 at 6:47ampost #3 of 908/19/10 at 6:53ampost #4 of 908/19/10 at 6:56ampost #5 of 908/19/10 at 7:09amThread Starterpost #6 of 908/19/10 at 7:15am
Depends on how much you love insane micro detail. The Coppers would be a nice blend between the IE8 and CK10's IF you don't mind a slight loss of clarity/detail compared to the CK10's. The bass is great on them for sure, not bass light by any means and at the same time not heavy in that it doesn't bleed into other parts of the sound signature.post #7 of 908/19/10 at 7:17am
I second this. TF10 have plenty of bass with good highs as well. They can have a bit of a trouble with fit depending on your ear size.
The Ortofon e-Q7 have treble as their weakness since there is a slight rolloff on the top and their bass quantity is very close to the CK10. I wouldn't consider this in between at all.post #8 of 908/19/10 at 7:48amQuote:Originally Posted by SolidSnake3
Depends on how much you love insane micro detail. The Coppers would be a nice blend between the IE8 and CK10's IF you don't mind a slight loss of clarity/detail compared to the CK10's. The bass is great on them for sure, not bass light by any means and at the same time not heavy in that it doesn't bleed into other parts of the sound signature.
I haven't heard the CK's yet, but from what I read, I would agree the MTPC would be a nice mid-ground. I'd also recommend the Westone 3, they have better detail than the IE8 and more bass than the Copper's. The W3 also has a wide "headstage" (like the IE8).
post #9 of 908/19/10 at 8:10ampost #10 of 908/19/10 at 4:10pmThread StarterQuote:
Thank you. By the W3 you mean the Westone 3?post #11 of 908/19/10 at 4:19pm
I agree hole heartedly with both statements and would also throw in westone 3 and SM3post #12 of 908/19/10 at 6:49pmThread StarterQuote:
Looking at these two model which one would you go for if treble clarity and definition was the deciding factor?
post #13 of 908/19/10 at 7:25pmMTPC are nice for a dynamic based IEM and the SM3 are also very nice (but the uppermidrange/lower treble is ever so slightly recessed. From what I have read the W3 will have more present treble with almost as nice bass as the SM3 but can be fatiguing.post #14 of 908/19/10 at 7:35pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Something in between IE8 and CK10...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 22 seconds ago
- › Alternatives to Mad Dog w/ Alpha Pads ~$400 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Over ear Headphones-Price Drop! 3 minutes ago
- › Recommendations headphone for open office ? 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Unified X1,3,5,7 Theming thread (Video/image library) 4 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Soundmagic HP150 impressions thread. 5 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 5 minutes ago
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3