Since I've posted a few comments here and there I thought to start a new thread about my quest for sound nirvana (according to my personal taste obviously). I bought a pair of CK10 as they were recommended as having great highs (which I love). Unfortunately the thin bass (sorry, best way I can describe them!) made sell them. I now have the IE8 that have plenty of bass, but the highs leave a bit to be desired, IMO. So is there an earphone that combines the best of both world or as close as possible. They don't have to have the amount of highs of the CK10 but certainly more than what the IE8 can offer and same for the bass (not as much as the IE8 but more than the CK10). Some of the models recommended where the Radius and the Ortofon but I'd love to hear other opinions. Thank you in advance for everyone's feedback
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-CK10 Portable In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser IE 8 In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser CX 985 Announcement: Improvements Plus A Lower Price!(With A Question) Last post on 10/29/12 at 2:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs Matching Denon AH-D2000 Sound Signature Last post on 1/25/12 at 6:20pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Replacing UE700: TF10 or CK10 or... Last post on 2/9/11 at 7:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser IE8 successor. Last post on 2/4/11 at 10:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Question about Refurbished Sennheiser IE7 Last post on 8/9/13 at 9:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First of all I’d like to thank LZ and Lao for sending me a review sample of the LZ A2S. I'd also want to thank my friend Tamal for informing me about the LZ A2S, thanks mate! The retail price of...
Ampsandsound are an amplifier and loudspeaker builder out of Southern California. I discovered Justin Weber and team through Head-Fi, when reports of their Kenzie headphone amps appeared. Since...
Review: Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone I tried to post a review only to the review template, but I was unable to because the system stated I was above the maximum character count, hence...
If you are looking at the RHA-MA750, you already have done a bit of research about how they sound. So, I will get straight to my review. Sound Quality: Let me start off by saying that these...
Acknowledgment Thanks to @Tony-Hifi of HiFi headphones for making me review this desktop DAC/Amp as a favour. I love reviewing loaners, but it’s always sad to package and send them off...
Something in between IE8 and CK10...post #1 of 908/19/10 at 6:05amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 908/19/10 at 6:47ampost #3 of 908/19/10 at 6:53ampost #4 of 908/19/10 at 6:56ampost #5 of 908/19/10 at 7:09amThread Starterpost #6 of 908/19/10 at 7:15am
Depends on how much you love insane micro detail. The Coppers would be a nice blend between the IE8 and CK10's IF you don't mind a slight loss of clarity/detail compared to the CK10's. The bass is great on them for sure, not bass light by any means and at the same time not heavy in that it doesn't bleed into other parts of the sound signature.post #7 of 908/19/10 at 7:17am
I second this. TF10 have plenty of bass with good highs as well. They can have a bit of a trouble with fit depending on your ear size.
The Ortofon e-Q7 have treble as their weakness since there is a slight rolloff on the top and their bass quantity is very close to the CK10. I wouldn't consider this in between at all.post #8 of 908/19/10 at 7:48amQuote:Originally Posted by SolidSnake3
Depends on how much you love insane micro detail. The Coppers would be a nice blend between the IE8 and CK10's IF you don't mind a slight loss of clarity/detail compared to the CK10's. The bass is great on them for sure, not bass light by any means and at the same time not heavy in that it doesn't bleed into other parts of the sound signature.
I haven't heard the CK's yet, but from what I read, I would agree the MTPC would be a nice mid-ground. I'd also recommend the Westone 3, they have better detail than the IE8 and more bass than the Copper's. The W3 also has a wide "headstage" (like the IE8).
post #9 of 908/19/10 at 8:10ampost #10 of 908/19/10 at 4:10pmThread StarterQuote:
Thank you. By the W3 you mean the Westone 3?post #11 of 908/19/10 at 4:19pm
I agree hole heartedly with both statements and would also throw in westone 3 and SM3post #12 of 908/19/10 at 6:49pmThread StarterQuote:
Looking at these two model which one would you go for if treble clarity and definition was the deciding factor?
post #13 of 908/19/10 at 7:25pmMTPC are nice for a dynamic based IEM and the SM3 are also very nice (but the uppermidrange/lower treble is ever so slightly recessed. From what I have read the W3 will have more present treble with almost as nice bass as the SM3 but can be fatiguing.post #14 of 908/19/10 at 7:35pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Something in between IE8 and CK10...
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › ZTE AXON 7-America's First HiFi Mobile Audio & Dolby ATMOS 58 seconds ago
- › The Angelic looking Sonic Sic 101 is delivered! 4 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 5 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S7 - Best next audiophile phone? 8 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 10 minutes ago
- › WTB Balanced K701, K702, K712, K7XX, Q701, K601, K612, K501 10 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 11 minutes ago
- › Spiral Ears SE5 Ultimate Discussion/ Impressions thread 12 minutes ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 12 minutes ago
- › Twister6 Audio REVIEW index - the past, the present, and the future 14 minutes ago
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by twister6
- › LZ-A2S by peter123
- › ampsandsound Mogwai Single-Ended Amplifier by dmhenley
- › Cleer DJ Professional DJ Headphone by moedawg140
- › RHA MA750 by bobghosh
- › Questyle CMA600i "Current Mode Amplification" Headphone... by glassmonkey
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Talai
- › Shure SRH840 by haroldtheboss
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by MrTechAgent
- › Xiaomi Piston Colorful Starter Edition by aNtzE
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...