likin' the new look definitely, but it's all in the sound; will be eagerly anticipating reviews on them
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need some guidance on what sort of headphones to purchase Last post on 3/26/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which sennheiser over ear headphones actually have good bass response? Last post on 7/3/12 at 5:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are expensive headphones worth it? Last post on 5/8/12 at 11:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Sennheiser Tier of Headphones Last post on 1/15/12 at 4:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for somewhat neutral headphones for music making and general use. Last post on 5/3/11 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
Sennheiser's new HD598 & HD558 to be announced at the IFA2010 - Page 3post #31 of 1518/29/10 at 2:01am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1518/29/10 at 2:34am
Shiny, I prefer real metal shine but hey. They look nice but I still prefer the simple design of my HD428. Also I hope the HD558 and HD598 are not too plasticky for that does spoil the quality feel.post #33 of 1518/29/10 at 5:24pmThread Starterpost #34 of 1518/29/10 at 9:20pmpost #35 of 1518/29/10 at 11:55pm
I think the 55X 59X have good ergonomics but on the whole their looks fail to move me. I think these newer versions look just as comfortable to wear but look too bland and blob-like. Sennheiser should have pulled more from the design language found in their HD800 and let that percolate down into the lower model numbers. These are my observations.post #36 of 1518/29/10 at 11:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by tdogzthmn
I think the 55X 59X have good ergonomics but on the whole their looks fail to move me. I think these newer versions look just as comfortable to wear but look too bland and blob-like. Sennheiser should have pulled more from the design language found in their HD800 and let that percolate down into the lower model numbers. These are my observations.
Agreed, the design and feel of the current HD555 and HD595 feel cheap and flimsy compared to the HD580/HD600/HD650. They should have went with something more similar to the 600 series at leastpost #37 of 1518/30/10 at 12:09am
I was going to say that the other side of the argument is that the HD595 and the later are targeted and a more conservative and casual target market than the HD600 on up. Price point would reflect this, the casual listener is likely not going to spend the big bucks when audio fidelity is not their primary concern. I also think that the 595 and 555 are also designed to compete against Bose's triports and the like.post #38 of 1518/30/10 at 12:21amQuote:Originally Posted by zmd
Wow.. I like the look of the HD555 (not sure about the sound), but I love how the new 558s look. If they tweak them to be nice, smooth and balanced, I'll definitely have myself some ear-slippers by Christmas. Those look (and must feel) awesome IMO.
Can we get a SQ and general impression here ASAP?
We'll have them at our Europen meet in Berlin. Just sayin'..post #39 of 1518/30/10 at 6:20ampost #40 of 1519/1/10 at 7:40am
From what I've read on a German forum, they're better than the 55/95 versions, with a warm, yet more refined sound. The 558 is said to be more comfortable, yet the lesser when it comes to soundstage. Not a great review, just a few observations someone made.
And apparently the HD598 is really ugly in person.post #41 of 1519/1/10 at 3:49pm
I have to agree on physical appearances, butt ugly! tad bit cheap looking too, they could've at least took some design from the HD800 futuristic theme.
Edit: I have to admit the cream paired with the Schiit Valhalla does look kinda cute, but i don't know whats up with the black if it's just bad lighting.
Edited by Kuze - 9/1/10 at 4:10pmpost #42 of 1519/1/10 at 4:09pmThread Starterpost #43 of 1519/1/10 at 9:18pmpost #44 of 1519/1/10 at 9:24pm
- Sennheiser's new HD598 & HD558 to be announced at the IFA2010
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Newbie with lots of questions! 13 seconds ago
- › FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought 37 seconds ago
- › STAX SRS-002 System (SR-002 + SRM-002) 1 minute ago
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Duet 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 3 minutes ago
- › Is it me or does Sony have the shortest warranty on earth 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 3 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob