likin' the new look definitely, but it's all in the sound; will be eagerly anticipating reviews on them
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need some guidance on what sort of headphones to purchase Last post on 3/26/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which sennheiser over ear headphones actually have good bass response? Last post on 7/3/12 at 5:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are expensive headphones worth it? Last post on 5/8/12 at 11:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Sennheiser Tier of Headphones Last post on 1/15/12 at 4:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for somewhat neutral headphones for music making and general use. Last post on 5/3/11 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/28/12
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
The 880s don't have a lot of color to themselves. They're light comfortable cans that get the job done. They are a well rounded headphone good for someone who can't quite figure out what kind of...
Sennheiser's new HD598 & HD558 to be announced at the IFA2010 - Page 3post #31 of 1518/29/10 at 2:01am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #32 of 1518/29/10 at 2:34am
Shiny, I prefer real metal shine but hey. They look nice but I still prefer the simple design of my HD428. Also I hope the HD558 and HD598 are not too plasticky for that does spoil the quality feel.post #33 of 1518/29/10 at 5:24pmThread Starterpost #34 of 1518/29/10 at 9:20pmpost #35 of 1518/29/10 at 11:55pm
I think the 55X 59X have good ergonomics but on the whole their looks fail to move me. I think these newer versions look just as comfortable to wear but look too bland and blob-like. Sennheiser should have pulled more from the design language found in their HD800 and let that percolate down into the lower model numbers. These are my observations.post #36 of 1518/29/10 at 11:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by tdogzthmn
I think the 55X 59X have good ergonomics but on the whole their looks fail to move me. I think these newer versions look just as comfortable to wear but look too bland and blob-like. Sennheiser should have pulled more from the design language found in their HD800 and let that percolate down into the lower model numbers. These are my observations.
Agreed, the design and feel of the current HD555 and HD595 feel cheap and flimsy compared to the HD580/HD600/HD650. They should have went with something more similar to the 600 series at leastpost #37 of 1518/30/10 at 12:09am
I was going to say that the other side of the argument is that the HD595 and the later are targeted and a more conservative and casual target market than the HD600 on up. Price point would reflect this, the casual listener is likely not going to spend the big bucks when audio fidelity is not their primary concern. I also think that the 595 and 555 are also designed to compete against Bose's triports and the like.post #38 of 1518/30/10 at 12:21amQuote:Originally Posted by zmd
Wow.. I like the look of the HD555 (not sure about the sound), but I love how the new 558s look. If they tweak them to be nice, smooth and balanced, I'll definitely have myself some ear-slippers by Christmas. Those look (and must feel) awesome IMO.
Can we get a SQ and general impression here ASAP?
We'll have them at our Europen meet in Berlin. Just sayin'..post #39 of 1518/30/10 at 6:20ampost #40 of 1519/1/10 at 7:40am
From what I've read on a German forum, they're better than the 55/95 versions, with a warm, yet more refined sound. The 558 is said to be more comfortable, yet the lesser when it comes to soundstage. Not a great review, just a few observations someone made.
And apparently the HD598 is really ugly in person.post #41 of 1519/1/10 at 3:49pm
I have to agree on physical appearances, butt ugly! tad bit cheap looking too, they could've at least took some design from the HD800 futuristic theme.
Edit: I have to admit the cream paired with the Schiit Valhalla does look kinda cute, but i don't know whats up with the black if it's just bad lighting.
Edited by Kuze - 9/1/10 at 4:10pmpost #42 of 1519/1/10 at 4:09pmThread Starterpost #43 of 1519/1/10 at 9:18pmpost #44 of 1519/1/10 at 9:24pm
- Sennheiser's new HD598 & HD558 to be announced at the IFA2010
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Perreaux SXH2 Headphone Amplifier 23 seconds ago
- › Amps that can drive the HiFiMan HE-6 planar headphones 53 seconds ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › Smooth Jazz - the poorly named upbeat instrumental music I love 2 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Which to reshell? TF10 or XBA3? 5 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 304 IEMs compared (Clear Tune Monitors WLS-5... 5 minutes ago
- › Buying first pair of headphones. Which should I choose? 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude