Any specs yet?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need some guidance on what sort of headphones to purchase Last post on 3/26/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Make your cheap headphones sound like they cost twice the price. Last post on 7/8/14 at 5:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Which sennheiser over ear headphones actually have good bass response? Last post on 7/3/12 at 5:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are expensive headphones worth it? Last post on 5/8/12 at 11:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
IE80 - High End Earphones I think there's a point to where you draw the line for a Price Point, this goes over that boundary and breaks the rules of it's price, which is unfortunate. I feel...
If you want a natural sound with realistic vocals and soundstage, tight bass, sparkling highs without being fatigued, and a headphone who can reveal the true quality of the recorded music, and...
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one thing comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Sennheiser's new HD598 & HD558 to be announced at the IFA2010 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The easy, safe thing for Senn would have been to just make them more comfy, and keep the same sound. Hopefully they did more than that though. I'd hate to see a somewhat lateral move like the "upgrade" from HD600 to HD650 was.
Wow.. I like the look of the HD555 (not sure about the sound), but I love how the new 558s look. If they tweak them to be nice, smooth and balanced, I'll definitely have myself some ear-slippers by Christmas. Those look (and must feel) awesome IMO.
Can we get a SQ and general impression here ASAP?
The color scheme for the 598 seems weird to me. But the black 558 looks very good, if they keep the balance of the 5x5 with some refinements I might end up getting a pair for my unamped needs. It will be very interesting to read impressions.
And your avatar isn't?
Personally I think they look brilliant. I don't normally care about looks, but those I would buy on looks alone.
I guess I'm one of the few who thinks they're both pretty hideous; it's like they put fake wood veneer from a Lexus onto something from a science fiction movie.
Still better than the 595 though.
Edited by SanJoseCanJunkie - 8/29/10 at 1:18am
People always did vehemently disagree on the looks of 'phones here. Personally I think the HD598 look good on their own, but I suspect they might look ridiculous on a human head.
- Sennheiser's new HD598 & HD558 to be announced at the IFA2010
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Fostex new RP headphones - T50RPmk3, T40RPmk3 and T20RPmk3 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › THE DIY HEADPHONE STAND THREAD 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X32 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › How and why do members fall in love with second tier headphones? 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 336 IEMs compared (Gorilla Ears GX-4b added... 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 by ahnvx
- › AKG K 702 Headphones by ExCelciuS
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2