Any specs yet?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need some guidance on what sort of headphones to purchase Last post on 3/26/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Make your cheap headphones sound like they cost twice the price. Last post on 7/8/14 at 5:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Headphones sensitivity, impedance, required V/I/P, amplifier gain Last post on 1/25/15 at 9:06am in Sound Science
- Which sennheiser over ear headphones actually have good bass response? Last post on 7/3/12 at 5:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are expensive headphones worth it? Last post on 5/8/12 at 11:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
Build, Overall Usage: I have Sennheiser RS 130 for over 8 years now (and still lasting!) which says enough about their durability, and which is the most thing fascinating for me, I haven't...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank CTC Audio for providing me with a review sample of T-Peos Baguette IEMs in exchange for my honest opinion. This IEM is available at...
At the time this review was written, the T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid earphone was on sale for $79.00 USD on CTC Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
I recently upgraded my 16GB version to 64GB for less than 200 bucks. I wanted to upgrade to the newer models, but I'm not going to waste my money on something that can play the same music for more...
I am not an audiophile myself, rather a music lover, searching for the holy grail of SQ that repoduces life-like sound out from records BUILD QUALITY (CRAFTSMANSHIP) Very well done here,...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Sennheiser's new HD598 & HD558 to be announced at the IFA2010 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The easy, safe thing for Senn would have been to just make them more comfy, and keep the same sound. Hopefully they did more than that though. I'd hate to see a somewhat lateral move like the "upgrade" from HD600 to HD650 was.
Wow.. I like the look of the HD555 (not sure about the sound), but I love how the new 558s look. If they tweak them to be nice, smooth and balanced, I'll definitely have myself some ear-slippers by Christmas. Those look (and must feel) awesome IMO.
Can we get a SQ and general impression here ASAP?
The color scheme for the 598 seems weird to me. But the black 558 looks very good, if they keep the balance of the 5x5 with some refinements I might end up getting a pair for my unamped needs. It will be very interesting to read impressions.
And your avatar isn't?
Personally I think they look brilliant. I don't normally care about looks, but those I would buy on looks alone.
I guess I'm one of the few who thinks they're both pretty hideous; it's like they put fake wood veneer from a Lexus onto something from a science fiction movie.
Still better than the 595 though.
Edited by SanJoseCanJunkie - 8/29/10 at 1:18am
People always did vehemently disagree on the looks of 'phones here. Personally I think the HD598 look good on their own, but I suspect they might look ridiculous on a human head.
- Sennheiser's new HD598 & HD558 to be announced at the IFA2010
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Do I have too many headphones? (Just saying Hi! But with poll...) 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › Looking for a closed pair of semi portable headphones for around $300 4 minutes ago
- › Review: Violectric HPA V200 amp 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A17 6 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › FS: Sennheiser HD650 7 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones by Tail
- › T-Peos Baguette Dynamic Earphones by twister6
- › T-Peos Amadeus dual hybrid in-ear monitor with microphone and remote by Hisoundfi
- › Apple iPhone 4S 16GB - AT&T - Black by snellemin
- › OPPO HA-2 by gerelmx1986
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by peareye
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by dnun8086
- › Luxury & Precision LP5 32bit DSD Portable Lossless Music Player by daduy
- › AWEI ES-900i Headset Earphones Speakers with Mic for Smart Phone -... by mrplt
- › AKG K712 Pro by KopaZ
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2