Any specs yet?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need some guidance on what sort of headphones to purchase Last post on 3/26/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which sennheiser over ear headphones actually have good bass response? Last post on 7/3/12 at 5:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are expensive headphones worth it? Last post on 5/8/12 at 11:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Sennheiser Tier of Headphones Last post on 1/15/12 at 4:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for somewhat neutral headphones for music making and general use. Last post on 5/3/11 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/20/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)Last edited: 7/25/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)Last edited: 9/13/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)Last edited: 12/10/13
I will bypass the quality of their sound, as pretty much everyone has covered this topic above me... I have to say, I was not impressed with their cable quality, but apart from this, it seems to...
I am going to keep this short. SOURCE: Cowon C2 320 Kbps Mp3 and Flac files. GOOD: - Fits my ear properly. I am sure, whatever i do, they won't fall off. - Isolation, is...
Welcome to another review , today we have the J46BT IEM by JBL I will have a video review linked to this review soon but ...that's the future , this IEM was quite interesting since its...
Nothing is perfect & these earbuds are certainly a compromise. None the less, they are not too bright, not too boomy, not too recessed, & not too expensive. The sound is overall rich & smooth;...
I bought these to replace my Sennheiser HD25-I as they were quite uncomfortable to use for extended periods of time. Whilst these are incredibly comfortable, the sound isn't something I'm used...
Sennheiser's new HD598 & HD558 to be announced at the IFA2010 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 1518/27/10 at 2:39ampost #18 of 1518/27/10 at 3:04ampost #19 of 1518/27/10 at 3:32ampost #20 of 1518/27/10 at 11:30ampost #21 of 1518/27/10 at 12:55pm
The easy, safe thing for Senn would have been to just make them more comfy, and keep the same sound. Hopefully they did more than that though. I'd hate to see a somewhat lateral move like the "upgrade" from HD600 to HD650 was.post #22 of 1518/27/10 at 2:42pmpost #23 of 1518/27/10 at 2:51pmpost #24 of 1518/27/10 at 2:54pm
Wow.. I like the look of the HD555 (not sure about the sound), but I love how the new 558s look. If they tweak them to be nice, smooth and balanced, I'll definitely have myself some ear-slippers by Christmas. Those look (and must feel) awesome IMO.
Can we get a SQ and general impression here ASAP?post #25 of 1518/27/10 at 3:46pm
The color scheme for the 598 seems weird to me. But the black 558 looks very good, if they keep the balance of the 5x5 with some refinements I might end up getting a pair for my unamped needs. It will be very interesting to read impressions.post #26 of 1518/27/10 at 7:38pmpost #27 of 1518/27/10 at 11:15pm
And your avatar isn't?
Personally I think they look brilliant. I don't normally care about looks, but those I would buy on looks alone.post #28 of 1518/28/10 at 10:32ampost #29 of 1518/29/10 at 1:14am
I guess I'm one of the few who thinks they're both pretty hideous; it's like they put fake wood veneer from a Lexus onto something from a science fiction movie.
Still better than the 595 though.
Edited by SanJoseCanJunkie - 8/29/10 at 1:18ampost #30 of 1518/29/10 at 1:43am
People always did vehemently disagree on the looks of 'phones here. Personally I think the HD598 look good on their own, but I suspect they might look ridiculous on a human head.
- Sennheiser's new HD598 & HD558 to be announced at the IFA2010
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
- › Audeze LCD-3 Showcased on The Price is Right! 42 seconds ago
- › [REVIEW] Sony MH1 – The Best Kept Secret 46 seconds ago
- › Review + Appreciation thread: Final Audio Design Pandora Hope VI... 1 minute ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 1 minute ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 1 minute ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › I think i'm fighting a losing battle 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 3 minutes ago
- › Non-audiophile reactions to high-end headphones Part II 4 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 4 minutes ago
- › Stax SR-202 by JustinBieber
- › AKG K 518 LE Limited Edition Folding Headphones - Red by kalpman
- › Sennheiser CX 685 SPORTS In-Ear Canal Headphones - Black by wrathzombie
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by MrTechAgent
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by Head-Head
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by G2F
- › ALO Audio The National by pieman3141
- › Ferrari AAV-1LFH009K Cavallino T350 Over-Ear Headphones by ourfpshero
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by H20Fidelity
- › Asus Xonar DGX by SSSN
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude