Any specs yet?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need some guidance on what sort of headphones to purchase Last post on 3/26/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which sennheiser over ear headphones actually have good bass response? Last post on 7/3/12 at 5:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are expensive headphones worth it? Last post on 5/8/12 at 11:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Sennheiser Tier of Headphones Last post on 1/15/12 at 4:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Looking for somewhat neutral headphones for music making and general use. Last post on 5/3/11 at 1:30am in Headphones (full-size)
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Summit-Fi)
Edited on 12/28/12
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...Edited on 5/27/12
Bought it some time ago, based on user reviews. Straight out of the box it seemed huge, especially compared to my old Cowon D2. Also, sound was awful. Granted, I don't have large hi-fi cans, only...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the ATH-CKN70. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The...
Introduction I’m a basshead. I say that loudly and proudly, even though some folks believe basshead and audiophile are mutually exclusive. Obviously, I’m not in that camp. But sometimes, I...
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
- Comparing headphones: Sennheiser's HD 800, HD 600, HD 25-1 and...
Sennheiser's new HD598 & HD558 to be announced at the IFA2010 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The easy, safe thing for Senn would have been to just make them more comfy, and keep the same sound. Hopefully they did more than that though. I'd hate to see a somewhat lateral move like the "upgrade" from HD600 to HD650 was.
Wow.. I like the look of the HD555 (not sure about the sound), but I love how the new 558s look. If they tweak them to be nice, smooth and balanced, I'll definitely have myself some ear-slippers by Christmas. Those look (and must feel) awesome IMO.
Can we get a SQ and general impression here ASAP?
The color scheme for the 598 seems weird to me. But the black 558 looks very good, if they keep the balance of the 5x5 with some refinements I might end up getting a pair for my unamped needs. It will be very interesting to read impressions.
And your avatar isn't?
Personally I think they look brilliant. I don't normally care about looks, but those I would buy on looks alone.
I guess I'm one of the few who thinks they're both pretty hideous; it's like they put fake wood veneer from a Lexus onto something from a science fiction movie.
Still better than the 595 though.
Edited by SanJoseCanJunkie - 8/29/10 at 1:18am
People always did vehemently disagree on the looks of 'phones here. Personally I think the HD598 look good on their own, but I suspect they might look ridiculous on a human head.
- Sennheiser's new HD598 & HD558 to be announced at the IFA2010
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Long awaited Smyth SVS Realiser NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE 22 seconds ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 52 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone Edition 12 announced in Japan 52 seconds ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 56 seconds ago
- › [The Not So] Upcoming Sennheiser Stat & Amp 1 minute ago
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › Brief Odac impressions 1 minute ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Colorfly Pocket Hi-fi C4 by yxmees
- › audio-technica Premium Compact Inner Ear Headphones ATH-CKN70 Black... by a_recording
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by TheGame21x
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe