Any specs yet?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Need some guidance on what sort of headphones to purchase Last post on 3/26/11 at 2:18pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Make your cheap headphones sound like they cost twice the price. Last post on 7/8/14 at 5:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Which sennheiser over ear headphones actually have good bass response? Last post on 7/3/12 at 5:33am in Headphones (full-size)
- Are expensive headphones worth it? Last post on 5/8/12 at 11:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- The Sennheiser Tier of Headphones Last post on 1/15/12 at 4:08pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))Last edited: 12/8/14
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
I was in the market for a higher end 2.1 system when my search ended up at the Edifier website, I was impressed with the specs and decided to delve further, found a set at a nice price and pulled...
These are, without a doubt, the best In Ear Monitors that I own / have owned. Let me say that I purchased the pink color because it was far less expensive, less than $40. I purchased my pair from...
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones (Summit-Fi))
Sennheiser's new HD598 & HD558 to be announced at the IFA2010 - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The easy, safe thing for Senn would have been to just make them more comfy, and keep the same sound. Hopefully they did more than that though. I'd hate to see a somewhat lateral move like the "upgrade" from HD600 to HD650 was.
Wow.. I like the look of the HD555 (not sure about the sound), but I love how the new 558s look. If they tweak them to be nice, smooth and balanced, I'll definitely have myself some ear-slippers by Christmas. Those look (and must feel) awesome IMO.
Can we get a SQ and general impression here ASAP?
The color scheme for the 598 seems weird to me. But the black 558 looks very good, if they keep the balance of the 5x5 with some refinements I might end up getting a pair for my unamped needs. It will be very interesting to read impressions.
And your avatar isn't?
Personally I think they look brilliant. I don't normally care about looks, but those I would buy on looks alone.
I guess I'm one of the few who thinks they're both pretty hideous; it's like they put fake wood veneer from a Lexus onto something from a science fiction movie.
Still better than the 595 though.
Edited by SanJoseCanJunkie - 8/29/10 at 1:18am
People always did vehemently disagree on the looks of 'phones here. Personally I think the HD598 look good on their own, but I suspect they might look ridiculous on a human head.
- Sennheiser's new HD598 & HD558 to be announced at the IFA2010
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony MDR-V6 (and family) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 1 minute ago
- › AKG K701 - The best amp money can buy? 3 minutes ago
- › Midway through crafting setup for vinyl - few small questions 5 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 6 minutes ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 6 minutes ago
- › noob at this, please help 8 minutes ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 9 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 11 minutes ago
- › What pisses you off while you listening music? 11 minutes ago
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › Klipsch Image S4i II Black In-Ear Headphones with Microphone by laurentiusjan
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 by witygass
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)