I've been recommended the Sennheiser CX 300-II Precision, Sennheiser CX 400-II Precision, Sennheiser CX 500, V-Moda Vibe, and Ultimate Ears Metro.fi 170. I'm no good at knowing what earphones are good just based on the technical data and everything, so I can't decide. Do you think you guys could help me make a decision, or recommend me some other earphones for around $50
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 8/20/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser CX300 II Precision Redtagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser CX 400-II Stereo Ear-Canal Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser CX 500-B In-Ear Headphone (Black)tagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser CX 500 Lightweight Portable Gaming Headphonetagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser CX 500-T In-Ear Headphone (Titanium color)tagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser CX 500-W In-Ear Headphone (White)tagged by System, 8/20/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 8/20/10More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 8/20/10
- productV-Moda Vibe Earbuds - Blushtagged by System, 8/20/10
- productV-MODA Vibe Earbuds - Flashback Chrometagged by System, 8/20/10
- productV-MODA Vibe Earbuds - Gold Edition La Mochatagged by System, 8/20/10
- productV-Moda Vibe Earbuds (Gunmetal Black)tagged by System, 8/20/10
- productV-MODA Vibe Earbuds - Midnight Bluetagged by System, 8/20/10
- productV-Moda Vibe Earbuds - Red Roxxtagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Recabling V-Moda Vibe ii iphone earbuds, what cabling should I use? Last post on 10/27/11 at 6:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [HELP] Which Earphones? UE Super Fi 4/CX 500/RE 2/UE Metro Fi 220 Last post on 9/3/10 at 3:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-moda vibe earphones Last post on 7/28/10 at 6:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-Moda earbud w/mic help Last post on 5/16/10 at 10:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-moda Vibes... The review is finished. (56k beware, big pics...) Last post on 9/21/09 at 12:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
Need help finding the best in-ear earphones for around $50
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 68/19/10 at 1:30ampost #3 of 68/19/10 at 1:42amThread Starter
Sorry, as you can tell, I'm rather new at this big audio stuff. I'm not sure what a sound signature is, but I listen to all kinds of artists and genres that I couldn't specify it to one. I guess rock is probably the primary genre I listen to, but my musical tastes are extremely varied.post #4 of 68/19/10 at 1:59ampost #5 of 68/19/10 at 2:44pmThread Starterpost #6 of 68/19/10 at 3:36pm
Read the many reviews compiled by joker and ClieOS. You'll find many excellent choices among them that meet your budget criteria (and I don't believe that any of those mentioned in your OP fall in that realm). BTW, the typical technical data provided for IEMs is pretty much useless for comparison. Both have useful summary charts (following reviews for joker, linked for ClieOS) that will help focus your reading.
Models from Brainwavz/ViSang and MEElec seem to offer lots of quality for the buck in your budget range these days. I liked my NuForce NE-7M and MEElec M9P (both have a mic/remote, but have less expensive versions without that feature) until I was seduced by the excellence of Fischer DBA-02's, well beyond your stated budget, but another great value.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help finding the best in-ear earphones for around $50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Matrix Audio X-Sabre Pro 2 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 13 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 3 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Can Con Sydney Australia 7.0 3 minutes ago
- › MSUR N650 / N550 / N350 any experience? 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 7 minutes ago
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear