I've been recommended the Sennheiser CX 300-II Precision, Sennheiser CX 400-II Precision, Sennheiser CX 500, V-Moda Vibe, and Ultimate Ears Metro.fi 170. I'm no good at knowing what earphones are good just based on the technical data and everything, so I can't decide. Do you think you guys could help me make a decision, or recommend me some other earphones for around $50
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
- productMP4Nation Brainwavz M1tagged by System, 8/20/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser CX300 II Precision Redtagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser CX 400-II Stereo Ear-Canal Headphones - Blacktagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser CX 500-B In-Ear Headphone (Black)tagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser CX 500 Lightweight Portable Gaming Headphonetagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser CX 500-T In-Ear Headphone (Titanium color)tagged by System, 8/20/10
- productSennheiser CX 500-W In-Ear Headphone (White)tagged by System, 8/20/10
- brandUltimate Earstagged by System, 8/20/10More
- brandV MODAtagged by System, 8/20/10
- productV-Moda Vibe Earbuds - Blushtagged by System, 8/20/10
- productV-MODA Vibe Earbuds - Flashback Chrometagged by System, 8/20/10
- productV-MODA Vibe Earbuds - Gold Edition La Mochatagged by System, 8/20/10
- productV-Moda Vibe Earbuds (Gunmetal Black)tagged by System, 8/20/10
- productV-MODA Vibe Earbuds - Midnight Bluetagged by System, 8/20/10
- productV-Moda Vibe Earbuds - Red Roxxtagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- Recabling V-Moda Vibe ii iphone earbuds, what cabling should I use? Last post on 10/27/11 at 6:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [HELP] Which Earphones? UE Super Fi 4/CX 500/RE 2/UE Metro Fi 220 Last post on 9/3/10 at 3:39pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-moda vibe earphones Last post on 7/28/10 at 6:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-Moda earbud w/mic help Last post on 5/16/10 at 10:43pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- V-moda Vibes... The review is finished. (56k beware, big pics...) Last post on 9/21/09 at 12:52pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Experience with Customer Service In case you want to see a video review, search youtube for "Jaybird Real time Review" and my video should be first on the list. I'm going to start by saying...
Just bought it over two months ago. It really added another dimension to the sound of music played in my macbook (since I used to listen to my itunes using the headphone jack) I notice details in...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Scott Byrer, Director of Marketing at Master & Dynamic for...
Package & Build: FiiO X3 comes in a nice box with adapter and micro USB cable, as well as a nice soft silicone sleeve to protect the player. It is built very nicely, has some retro touch to it...
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
Need help finding the best in-ear earphones for around $50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Sorry, as you can tell, I'm rather new at this big audio stuff. I'm not sure what a sound signature is, but I listen to all kinds of artists and genres that I couldn't specify it to one. I guess rock is probably the primary genre I listen to, but my musical tastes are extremely varied.
Read the many reviews compiled by joker and ClieOS. You'll find many excellent choices among them that meet your budget criteria (and I don't believe that any of those mentioned in your OP fall in that realm). BTW, the typical technical data provided for IEMs is pretty much useless for comparison. Both have useful summary charts (following reviews for joker, linked for ClieOS) that will help focus your reading.
Models from Brainwavz/ViSang and MEElec seem to offer lots of quality for the buck in your budget range these days. I liked my NuForce NE-7M and MEElec M9P (both have a mic/remote, but have less expensive versions without that feature) until I was seduced by the excellence of Fischer DBA-02's, well beyond your stated budget, but another great value.
- Need help finding the best in-ear earphones for around $50
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 9 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Want to know more information about 1plus2 3 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio ZH-DWX10 DUOZA dual dynamic driver iem 3 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 4 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 6 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 8 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 8 minutes ago
- › Dunu DN-2000 - Hybrid Impressions Thread (It's Here!) 8 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 10 minutes ago
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by ActiveTechREV
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1 Plus DAC by lalojimenez
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by thatBeatsguy
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by Tail
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3