Maybe you should wait a bit anyways, Dr.dre beats pro are coming out soon...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 8/18/10
- productBeats Studio by Dr. Dre - Hi-Def Noise-Canceling Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/18/10
Related Forum Threads
- Good over ear headphones for under $200. What's the best? Last post on 1/27/13 at 9:31pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Saving Equalized Songs to iPod(Bump up mids/vocals on ATH-M50s) Last post on 12/28/11 at 10:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Been Going crazy!! Last post on 3/9/11 at 6:41am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best Headphones For $200 or Less? Last post on 1/30/11 at 10:00am in Headphones (full-size)
- M50 or Ultrasone HFI 580 or beats Last post on 8/3/10 at 7:23pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/13/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
Dr. Studio vs Solo Hd? - Page 2post #16 of 738/18/10 at 10:45am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 738/18/10 at 10:47ampost #18 of 738/18/10 at 11:06amQuote:
None of them are good, i rather get something else.post #19 of 738/20/10 at 10:27ampost #20 of 738/20/10 at 10:57am
I thought the standard solo's sounded pretty good (ok, a lot better than i was expecting, i was actually very impressed) through my sonyX>mini3 amp, unamped they kinda went flat and the low end was less controlled. I was also able to listen to a pair of the soloHDs', but they were in a display with a sony MP3 player, and there was a headphone splitter pluged into it, one side fed the soloHDs', and the other side was feeding a det of their IEMs. This set up sounded absolutelly horrible, i don't know what settings were on the sony, and i have a feeling having two pair of phones plugged in didn't help. the bass was muddy, boomy and overpowered everything to the point i took them off after about 30 sec, *blech*. After that i could understand why some absolutelly detest them. But i really want to go back with my set up and re-try the HD's.
LOTS of head-fi'ers HATE them with a vengance, personally i think its a bit missplaced. I think most here think they are overpriced (and they are for most folks here (IMO)). Most here look as SQ vs price above all else, so style, hippness, and a rap star endorsement are all negative factors.
I think they are getting a bum rap.. If you like them, buy them. I was very close to walking out with a pair after i tried the SOLO's. The HDs' apear to have cured the week headband issue.
I however, decided to reserch it a bit, and I held off buying a pair based mainly on all the poor reviews on this forum. Even though i feel the solo's are no where near as bad as they are claimed to be, I settled on a set of M50s' ( they are in the mail as i type this!) .
%95 of the posts i read claim the M50's sound VERY good (any Dr. Dre are polar oposites on this forum), and are a bargain at ~$100.00, they offer good bass and great overall sound quality. I figure it was a safe bet. When they arive though, I plan on giving them a good A/B comparison with the SOLOs'.
The sony XB's are roundly aplauded by bass heads here as well.post #21 of 738/21/10 at 2:13pm
I had a bad experience with the Solos.
I saw them and tried to put them on for a laugh, I accidentally broke them as I stretched them to place them on my head. Something tells me they're going to get stolen if you wear those in public anyway.post #22 of 738/21/10 at 2:31pm
i borrowed the studios from my brother for about a week. they were okay headphones, mainly for listening to rap. however, i tried the solos at the apple store and was impressed by the thumpy bass response. it sounded real good. i would go for the solos. the studios require batteries and the sound quality isn't that good.post #23 of 738/21/10 at 3:36pmpost #24 of 738/21/10 at 4:13pm
take them both and than......maybe
(ATH FC700AWH, $53.99 somewhere)
just my cents, nothing more and-
still, I am wondering...why even (especially youg guys) are so excited about this BIG bubble of advertisement.
If they wanna to impressed some girls, why they don´t save their money for necessary drinks for girls by buying of some CRUEL Skullcandy´s ?post #25 of 738/21/10 at 6:20pmThread Starterpost #26 of 738/21/10 at 6:39pmQuote:
You and I both know that there are better ways to fund AIDS research, but that's beside the point now, as it's just been confirmed that
you are a troll.post #27 of 738/21/10 at 6:49pmQuote:
If you want to help people with diseases in developing nations, you donate to a charity aid society, not to spend a ridiculous amount of money on Dr. dre's headphones. BTW, the royalties from the profits acquired for Dr. Dre will be much greater than whatever single digit percent they are donating to africa anyways. Case in point, you are just making yourself feel better with that marketing gimmick, and enjoying your crap headphones while people are dying in africa.post #28 of 738/21/10 at 7:02pm
For Everyones Information
Consumer Reports rates the Beats Solo LOWER than the fake white myphonies that the iPlod comes with! Listening to the Solo HD, it isn't really an improvement... just another product push. Now compare the $40 price tag to the $150 one on the Monsters...post #29 of 738/21/10 at 7:24pm
I do not understand why you would come on head-fi to ask about the Dr. Dre Studio or Solo. You should go to the Monster's website and ask one of many Dr. Dre fanboys.
Edited by gav007 - 8/21/10 at 7:27pm
- Dr. Studio vs Solo Hd?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 minute ago
- › Show us your vintage headphones! 1 minute ago
- › Upgrade/replacement for Klipsch S4i-II 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › DT990 Pro Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Comply vs Spiral Dot vs SpinFit 3 minutes ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90) 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear