I ordered my StepDance a few days ago and its on it's way. Can anyone recommend a quality, regulated 15V U.S. power supply?
Recent Images In This Thread
- product2STEPDANCEtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 8/19/10
- productMeier Audio CORDA HEADSIXtagged by System, 3/4/11
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/19/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- AC Power Plug for Stepdance 2. Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 7post #91 of 27509/3/10 at 1:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 27509/3/10 at 4:26pm
Here is a 12V regulated power supply, but not sure how the common person will get the correct plug on it. I replaced the plug on my regulated 12V power supply. I have not seen a 15V regulated power supply; if anyone knows where you can buy one, please let us know.
Yes, the Stepdance does well with the LCD-2, but high current/high gain mode drains my 200 mAh battery quite fast (less than 4 hours?). My battery charger and batteries will arrive mid next week...I will see which is the best of the 3 different types I am getting when I have time.post #93 of 27509/3/10 at 7:24pmThread Starter
12 volt regulated would work very well. That's going to be doubled on the rails to produce 24 volts of power. As i understand, it's actually safer to stay a little bit shy of 15 volts although "regulated" is meant to ensure that you never exceed that absolute maximum.post #94 of 27509/3/10 at 7:49pmpost #95 of 27509/3/10 at 8:54pmpost #96 of 27509/3/10 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #97 of 27509/3/10 at 9:20pm
Check this one out http://www.amazon.com/Mastech-Regulated-Variable-Power-Supply/dp/B000E129EU
Its cheaper than some fancy cables. A better amp power supply will make your amp sound better than an expensive cable.
Edited by wuwhere - 9/3/10 at 9:50pmpost #98 of 27509/3/10 at 10:29pmpost #99 of 27509/3/10 at 10:45pmThread Starterpost #100 of 27509/3/10 at 10:54pm
@cooperpwc: Is that the latest Classic (7th gen)? Should be a nice match.
@wuwhere: why are you looking at 30V power supplies? The one I linked to is 18V, much lower priced, and I think fine for the Stepdance.post #101 of 27509/3/10 at 11:02pmThread Starterpost #102 of 27509/4/10 at 12:18amQuote:
let us know how the line out of the classic compares to your iphone..
I'm sort of in the same situation, debating whether to get the classic or new touch...
160gb would be great as I have already filled up my 6th gen 80gb classic. but from what I have read here people are either strongly for or against the classic sound..post #103 of 27509/4/10 at 12:43am
My portable sources (line out) subjectively rank by sound quality based on my experience goes like this:
1) iMod w V-CAP dock
1a) DIY iPod w/film caps
2) S:flo2 (supposed to be better with the 2.3 firmware)
2a) iMod with standard dock
2b) Fuze via LOD with film cap dock
3) iPhone/iPod Classic/Touch
3a) Fuze via LOD with Aluminum electrolytic caps
4) Fuze/Clip HPO to amp
To me the difference is in the detail and space of the sound, which can be heard with better equipment, at least for me.
If you want a large player and don't want to either spend a fortune (iMod) or DIY (my 240GB setup), your choices are the iPod Classic, an old Zune, or the 128GB Touch. Of course, you can get something else like an Archos but per these forums the Archos lacks SQ. Anything I missed or any other thoughts?post #104 of 27509/4/10 at 12:44am
Problems gone after inserting 9v battery . :)
Any IE8 users pairing this with Stepdance ? Do you guys use low / high gain for it ? Currently i'm using low gain . :)
post #105 of 27509/4/10 at 12:51amQuote:Originally Posted by average_joe
If you want a large player and don't want to either spend a fortune (iMod) or DIY (my 240GB setup), your choices are the iPod Classic, an old Zune, or the 128GB Touch. Of course, you can get something else like an Archos but per these forums the Archos lacks SQ. Anything I missed or any other thoughts?
with all my apple lossless files, I most likely will stick with an apple DAP. Also, using mac computers, I don't really have any complaints with itunes like some others here on the site.
how I wish apple came out with a 128gb touch....
- Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Heir Audio 5.0 56 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 5 minutes ago
- › Violectric V200 7 minutes ago
- › Newbie with lots of questions! 9 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 9 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude