I ordered my StepDance a few days ago and its on it's way. Can anyone recommend a quality, regulated 15V U.S. power supply?
Recent Images In This Thread
- product2STEPDANCEtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 8/19/10
- productMeier Audio CORDA HEADSIXtagged by System, 3/4/11
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/19/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- AC Power Plug for Stepdance 2. Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
Just some brief notes and impressions since no one else has put one up yet. Nice compact form. The little rubber cone feet are useless though and start wearing out. Surprisingly lightweight...
After starting to review a few IEM's in the past week I decided to slip these babies back into my ears as a reference point for the other IEM's. After doing so for a few minutes I realized these...
Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 7post #91 of 27759/3/10 at 1:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 27759/3/10 at 4:26pm
Here is a 12V regulated power supply, but not sure how the common person will get the correct plug on it. I replaced the plug on my regulated 12V power supply. I have not seen a 15V regulated power supply; if anyone knows where you can buy one, please let us know.
Yes, the Stepdance does well with the LCD-2, but high current/high gain mode drains my 200 mAh battery quite fast (less than 4 hours?). My battery charger and batteries will arrive mid next week...I will see which is the best of the 3 different types I am getting when I have time.post #93 of 27759/3/10 at 7:24pmThread Starter
12 volt regulated would work very well. That's going to be doubled on the rails to produce 24 volts of power. As i understand, it's actually safer to stay a little bit shy of 15 volts although "regulated" is meant to ensure that you never exceed that absolute maximum.post #94 of 27759/3/10 at 7:49pmpost #95 of 27759/3/10 at 8:54pmpost #96 of 27759/3/10 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #97 of 27759/3/10 at 9:20pm
Check this one out http://www.amazon.com/Mastech-Regulated-Variable-Power-Supply/dp/B000E129EU
Its cheaper than some fancy cables. A better amp power supply will make your amp sound better than an expensive cable.
Edited by wuwhere - 9/3/10 at 9:50pmpost #98 of 27759/3/10 at 10:29pmpost #99 of 27759/3/10 at 10:45pmThread Starterpost #100 of 27759/3/10 at 10:54pm
@cooperpwc: Is that the latest Classic (7th gen)? Should be a nice match.
@wuwhere: why are you looking at 30V power supplies? The one I linked to is 18V, much lower priced, and I think fine for the Stepdance.post #101 of 27759/3/10 at 11:02pmThread Starterpost #102 of 27759/4/10 at 12:18amQuote:
let us know how the line out of the classic compares to your iphone..
I'm sort of in the same situation, debating whether to get the classic or new touch...
160gb would be great as I have already filled up my 6th gen 80gb classic. but from what I have read here people are either strongly for or against the classic sound..post #103 of 27759/4/10 at 12:43am
My portable sources (line out) subjectively rank by sound quality based on my experience goes like this:
1) iMod w V-CAP dock
1a) DIY iPod w/film caps
2) S:flo2 (supposed to be better with the 2.3 firmware)
2a) iMod with standard dock
2b) Fuze via LOD with film cap dock
3) iPhone/iPod Classic/Touch
3a) Fuze via LOD with Aluminum electrolytic caps
4) Fuze/Clip HPO to amp
To me the difference is in the detail and space of the sound, which can be heard with better equipment, at least for me.
If you want a large player and don't want to either spend a fortune (iMod) or DIY (my 240GB setup), your choices are the iPod Classic, an old Zune, or the 128GB Touch. Of course, you can get something else like an Archos but per these forums the Archos lacks SQ. Anything I missed or any other thoughts?post #104 of 27759/4/10 at 12:44am
Problems gone after inserting 9v battery . :)
Any IE8 users pairing this with Stepdance ? Do you guys use low / high gain for it ? Currently i'm using low gain . :)
post #105 of 27759/4/10 at 12:51amQuote:Originally Posted by average_joe
If you want a large player and don't want to either spend a fortune (iMod) or DIY (my 240GB setup), your choices are the iPod Classic, an old Zune, or the 128GB Touch. Of course, you can get something else like an Archos but per these forums the Archos lacks SQ. Anything I missed or any other thoughts?
with all my apple lossless files, I most likely will stick with an apple DAP. Also, using mac computers, I don't really have any complaints with itunes like some others here on the site.
how I wish apple came out with a 128gb touch....
- Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 23 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › FS:Grado SR-125i 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › SENNHEISER PX-100ii (white) 4 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)