I ordered my StepDance a few days ago and its on it's way. Can anyone recommend a quality, regulated 15V U.S. power supply?
Recent Images In This Thread
- product2STEPDANCEtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 8/19/10
- productMeier Audio CORDA HEADSIXtagged by System, 3/4/11
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/19/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- AC Power Plug for Stepdance 2. Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
These headphones generally are excellent. They possess this remarkable mixture of openness and intimacy at the same time. There’s a true sense of soundstage, with a good width and depth and still...
Brainwavz S0 Quick Review Thanks to mp4nation for the sample. Full Review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/743834/brainwavz-s0-review-by-mark2410 Brief: The S5 has a baby...
Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 7post #91 of 28199/3/10 at 1:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 28199/3/10 at 4:26pm
Here is a 12V regulated power supply, but not sure how the common person will get the correct plug on it. I replaced the plug on my regulated 12V power supply. I have not seen a 15V regulated power supply; if anyone knows where you can buy one, please let us know.
Yes, the Stepdance does well with the LCD-2, but high current/high gain mode drains my 200 mAh battery quite fast (less than 4 hours?). My battery charger and batteries will arrive mid next week...I will see which is the best of the 3 different types I am getting when I have time.post #93 of 28199/3/10 at 7:24pmThread Starter
12 volt regulated would work very well. That's going to be doubled on the rails to produce 24 volts of power. As i understand, it's actually safer to stay a little bit shy of 15 volts although "regulated" is meant to ensure that you never exceed that absolute maximum.post #94 of 28199/3/10 at 7:49pmpost #95 of 28199/3/10 at 8:54pmpost #96 of 28199/3/10 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #97 of 28199/3/10 at 9:20pm
Check this one out http://www.amazon.com/Mastech-Regulated-Variable-Power-Supply/dp/B000E129EU
Its cheaper than some fancy cables. A better amp power supply will make your amp sound better than an expensive cable.
Edited by wuwhere - 9/3/10 at 9:50pmpost #98 of 28199/3/10 at 10:29pmpost #99 of 28199/3/10 at 10:45pmThread Starterpost #100 of 28199/3/10 at 10:54pm
@cooperpwc: Is that the latest Classic (7th gen)? Should be a nice match.
@wuwhere: why are you looking at 30V power supplies? The one I linked to is 18V, much lower priced, and I think fine for the Stepdance.post #101 of 28199/3/10 at 11:02pmThread Starterpost #102 of 28199/4/10 at 12:18amQuote:
let us know how the line out of the classic compares to your iphone..
I'm sort of in the same situation, debating whether to get the classic or new touch...
160gb would be great as I have already filled up my 6th gen 80gb classic. but from what I have read here people are either strongly for or against the classic sound..post #103 of 28199/4/10 at 12:43am
My portable sources (line out) subjectively rank by sound quality based on my experience goes like this:
1) iMod w V-CAP dock
1a) DIY iPod w/film caps
2) S:flo2 (supposed to be better with the 2.3 firmware)
2a) iMod with standard dock
2b) Fuze via LOD with film cap dock
3) iPhone/iPod Classic/Touch
3a) Fuze via LOD with Aluminum electrolytic caps
4) Fuze/Clip HPO to amp
To me the difference is in the detail and space of the sound, which can be heard with better equipment, at least for me.
If you want a large player and don't want to either spend a fortune (iMod) or DIY (my 240GB setup), your choices are the iPod Classic, an old Zune, or the 128GB Touch. Of course, you can get something else like an Archos but per these forums the Archos lacks SQ. Anything I missed or any other thoughts?post #104 of 28199/4/10 at 12:44am
Problems gone after inserting 9v battery . :)
Any IE8 users pairing this with Stepdance ? Do you guys use low / high gain for it ? Currently i'm using low gain . :)
post #105 of 28199/4/10 at 12:51amQuote:Originally Posted by average_joe
If you want a large player and don't want to either spend a fortune (iMod) or DIY (my 240GB setup), your choices are the iPod Classic, an old Zune, or the 128GB Touch. Of course, you can get something else like an Archos but per these forums the Archos lacks SQ. Anything I missed or any other thoughts?
with all my apple lossless files, I most likely will stick with an apple DAP. Also, using mac computers, I don't really have any complaints with itunes like some others here on the site.
how I wish apple came out with a 128gb touch....
- Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 45 seconds ago
- › Bose AE2 for 70 bucks? 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 1 minute ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 1 minute ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 2 minutes ago
- › DIY your own Theme for your lovely X3 2 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 3 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 3 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)