I ordered my StepDance a few days ago and its on it's way. Can anyone recommend a quality, regulated 15V U.S. power supply?
Recent Images In This Thread
- product2STEPDANCEtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 8/19/10
- productMeier Audio CORDA HEADSIXtagged by System, 3/4/11
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/19/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- AC Power Plug for Stepdance 2. Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction and Design I picked up the Woodphones 10 months ago, so I've had quite a bit of experience with them in my collection. Despite me having sold off most of my closed headphone...
I have these for a couple of days, they are amazing for bass lovers, the bass is very deep and have hard punch and rumble, control is very good so the bass doesn't sound like a mess, is not slow...
1. These headphones are HUGE. 2. That said, it provides amazing soundstage/imaging, and are very comfortable. Headband has no bumps, and earpads are of memory foam. 3. Very decent amount of...
Looking at the picture of the PK3's I wasn't expecting much. They look and feel cheap using a generic case for the drivers. First I tried them without the foam covers and they sounded awful. I...
Disclaimer First of all, I would like to thank Audrey and the Brainwavz team for allowing me to review their S1 IEMs. I would also like to clarify that I am neither an affiliate of Brainwavz...
Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 7post #91 of 28199/3/10 at 1:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 28199/3/10 at 4:26pm
Here is a 12V regulated power supply, but not sure how the common person will get the correct plug on it. I replaced the plug on my regulated 12V power supply. I have not seen a 15V regulated power supply; if anyone knows where you can buy one, please let us know.
Yes, the Stepdance does well with the LCD-2, but high current/high gain mode drains my 200 mAh battery quite fast (less than 4 hours?). My battery charger and batteries will arrive mid next week...I will see which is the best of the 3 different types I am getting when I have time.post #93 of 28199/3/10 at 7:24pmThread Starter
12 volt regulated would work very well. That's going to be doubled on the rails to produce 24 volts of power. As i understand, it's actually safer to stay a little bit shy of 15 volts although "regulated" is meant to ensure that you never exceed that absolute maximum.post #94 of 28199/3/10 at 7:49pmpost #95 of 28199/3/10 at 8:54pmpost #96 of 28199/3/10 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #97 of 28199/3/10 at 9:20pm
Check this one out http://www.amazon.com/Mastech-Regulated-Variable-Power-Supply/dp/B000E129EU
Its cheaper than some fancy cables. A better amp power supply will make your amp sound better than an expensive cable.
Edited by wuwhere - 9/3/10 at 9:50pmpost #98 of 28199/3/10 at 10:29pmpost #99 of 28199/3/10 at 10:45pmThread Starterpost #100 of 28199/3/10 at 10:54pm
@cooperpwc: Is that the latest Classic (7th gen)? Should be a nice match.
@wuwhere: why are you looking at 30V power supplies? The one I linked to is 18V, much lower priced, and I think fine for the Stepdance.post #101 of 28199/3/10 at 11:02pmThread Starterpost #102 of 28199/4/10 at 12:18amQuote:
let us know how the line out of the classic compares to your iphone..
I'm sort of in the same situation, debating whether to get the classic or new touch...
160gb would be great as I have already filled up my 6th gen 80gb classic. but from what I have read here people are either strongly for or against the classic sound..post #103 of 28199/4/10 at 12:43am
My portable sources (line out) subjectively rank by sound quality based on my experience goes like this:
1) iMod w V-CAP dock
1a) DIY iPod w/film caps
2) S:flo2 (supposed to be better with the 2.3 firmware)
2a) iMod with standard dock
2b) Fuze via LOD with film cap dock
3) iPhone/iPod Classic/Touch
3a) Fuze via LOD with Aluminum electrolytic caps
4) Fuze/Clip HPO to amp
To me the difference is in the detail and space of the sound, which can be heard with better equipment, at least for me.
If you want a large player and don't want to either spend a fortune (iMod) or DIY (my 240GB setup), your choices are the iPod Classic, an old Zune, or the 128GB Touch. Of course, you can get something else like an Archos but per these forums the Archos lacks SQ. Anything I missed or any other thoughts?post #104 of 28199/4/10 at 12:44am
Problems gone after inserting 9v battery . :)
Any IE8 users pairing this with Stepdance ? Do you guys use low / high gain for it ? Currently i'm using low gain . :)
post #105 of 28199/4/10 at 12:51amQuote:Originally Posted by average_joe
If you want a large player and don't want to either spend a fortune (iMod) or DIY (my 240GB setup), your choices are the iPod Classic, an old Zune, or the 128GB Touch. Of course, you can get something else like an Archos but per these forums the Archos lacks SQ. Anything I missed or any other thoughts?
with all my apple lossless files, I most likely will stick with an apple DAP. Also, using mac computers, I don't really have any complaints with itunes like some others here on the site.
how I wish apple came out with a 128gb touch....
- Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › NEWS: Meridian Releases The Explorer Pocket-Sized USB DAC 1 second ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 36 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 47 seconds ago
- › JDS Labs C5/C5D (pg96) portable amp/amp+DAC appreciation +... 1 minute ago
- › The Audeze LCD-2 Ortho thread (New) 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 3 minutes ago
- › Need advice on what to get to power AKG K7XX 3 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 4 minutes ago
- › "The Nucleus" by che15
- › Skullcandy Crusher Headphones with Mic White, One Size by DigitalGrounder
- › Woodphones - by Blake Graham by SanjiWatsuki
- › AKG Y55 Black DJ-Ready Headphones with Enriched Bass, Snug Fit and... by presata
- › AKG K7XX by avitron142
- › YUIN PK3 Earbuds by thebluebulk
- › Brainwavz S1 by thatBeatsguy
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by Loquah
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundScout
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by MyFamilyShoppin
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)