I ordered my StepDance a few days ago and its on it's way. Can anyone recommend a quality, regulated 15V U.S. power supply?
Recent Images In This Thread
- product2STEPDANCEtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 8/19/10
- productMeier Audio CORDA HEADSIXtagged by System, 3/4/11
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/19/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- AC Power Plug for Stepdance 2. Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Since 2011 when I first discovered this site, I've experimented with quite a few low/mid-tier earphones and these are my favorite by far. I prefer them over my Vsonic Gr06, Vsonic VC1000, and...
*I am reviewing the Meze 99 Classics as a condition of the recent tour conducted by the fine folks at Meze. The following is simply my honest impressions. Introduction and Initial...
DISCLAIMER After my last pair of earphones broke, I did some research on the forums to find high praise for Edifier, much of which for the 185's. A bit of research showed that the company sought...
DISCLAIMER I am in no way associated with the SoundMAGIC company. I have bought ES18 myself and just expressing my honest opinion here. ABOUT ME I am a 25 years old music enthusiast...
Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 7post #91 of 29689/3/10 at 1:43pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 29689/3/10 at 4:26pm
Here is a 12V regulated power supply, but not sure how the common person will get the correct plug on it. I replaced the plug on my regulated 12V power supply. I have not seen a 15V regulated power supply; if anyone knows where you can buy one, please let us know.
Yes, the Stepdance does well with the LCD-2, but high current/high gain mode drains my 200 mAh battery quite fast (less than 4 hours?). My battery charger and batteries will arrive mid next week...I will see which is the best of the 3 different types I am getting when I have time.post #93 of 29689/3/10 at 7:24pmThread Starter
12 volt regulated would work very well. That's going to be doubled on the rails to produce 24 volts of power. As i understand, it's actually safer to stay a little bit shy of 15 volts although "regulated" is meant to ensure that you never exceed that absolute maximum.post #94 of 29689/3/10 at 7:49pmpost #95 of 29689/3/10 at 8:54pmpost #96 of 29689/3/10 at 9:20pmThread Starterpost #97 of 29689/3/10 at 9:20pm
Check this one out http://www.amazon.com/Mastech-Regulated-Variable-Power-Supply/dp/B000E129EU
Its cheaper than some fancy cables. A better amp power supply will make your amp sound better than an expensive cable.
Edited by wuwhere - 9/3/10 at 9:50pmpost #98 of 29689/3/10 at 10:29pmpost #99 of 29689/3/10 at 10:45pmThread Starterpost #100 of 29689/3/10 at 10:54pm
@cooperpwc: Is that the latest Classic (7th gen)? Should be a nice match.
@wuwhere: why are you looking at 30V power supplies? The one I linked to is 18V, much lower priced, and I think fine for the Stepdance.post #101 of 29689/3/10 at 11:02pmThread Starterpost #102 of 29689/4/10 at 12:18amQuote:
let us know how the line out of the classic compares to your iphone..
I'm sort of in the same situation, debating whether to get the classic or new touch...
160gb would be great as I have already filled up my 6th gen 80gb classic. but from what I have read here people are either strongly for or against the classic sound..post #103 of 29689/4/10 at 12:43am
My portable sources (line out) subjectively rank by sound quality based on my experience goes like this:
1) iMod w V-CAP dock
1a) DIY iPod w/film caps
2) S:flo2 (supposed to be better with the 2.3 firmware)
2a) iMod with standard dock
2b) Fuze via LOD with film cap dock
3) iPhone/iPod Classic/Touch
3a) Fuze via LOD with Aluminum electrolytic caps
4) Fuze/Clip HPO to amp
To me the difference is in the detail and space of the sound, which can be heard with better equipment, at least for me.
If you want a large player and don't want to either spend a fortune (iMod) or DIY (my 240GB setup), your choices are the iPod Classic, an old Zune, or the 128GB Touch. Of course, you can get something else like an Archos but per these forums the Archos lacks SQ. Anything I missed or any other thoughts?post #104 of 29689/4/10 at 12:44am
Problems gone after inserting 9v battery . :)
Any IE8 users pairing this with Stepdance ? Do you guys use low / high gain for it ? Currently i'm using low gain . :)
post #105 of 29689/4/10 at 12:51amQuote:Originally Posted by average_joe
If you want a large player and don't want to either spend a fortune (iMod) or DIY (my 240GB setup), your choices are the iPod Classic, an old Zune, or the 128GB Touch. Of course, you can get something else like an Archos but per these forums the Archos lacks SQ. Anything I missed or any other thoughts?
with all my apple lossless files, I most likely will stick with an apple DAP. Also, using mac computers, I don't really have any complaints with itunes like some others here on the site.
how I wish apple came out with a 128gb touch....
- Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player 24 seconds ago
- › CAMPFIRE AUDIO Australia - New Zealand Tour (Reviews and... 54 seconds ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Head-Fi Times "A Ghetto burnout newspaper" 2 minutes ago
- › Alpha & Delta D2 Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 6 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing the new Continental V5 portable tube amp 7 minutes ago
- › Pure i-20 iPod/iPhone Dock as a DAC 7 minutes ago
- › π Audio - "Pai Audio" 9 minutes ago
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Meze 99 Classics by joeq70
- › Edifier P185 Headphones Hi-Fi Classic Earbud Style Earphones With... by flamerz
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by TravAndAlex
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...