Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 186

post #2776 of 2790

Hello fellow Meier Audio Quickstep/stepdance fanatics, I have a problem and need your help!

 

My Quickstep is not working while on 9V batteries. It still works perfectly fine on external power, but not with internal batteries. The blue LED does not light up with 9V battery, but works fine on external power.

 

Anybody here experience this before? Any suggestions? If possible I would like to avoid sending it back to Germany, and maybe work on it myself. If required, I can maybe open it up and take pictures, if that'll help.

 

I know Dr. Meier also frequents these threads, so maybe he can chime in or pm me if that's better.

 

Thanks!

post #2777 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post
 

Hello fellow Meier Audio Quickstep/stepdance fanatics, I have a problem and need your help!

 

My Quickstep is not working while on 9V batteries. It still works perfectly fine on external power, but not with internal batteries. The blue LED does not light up with 9V battery, but works fine on external power.

 

Anybody here experience this before? Any suggestions? If possible I would like to avoid sending it back to Germany, and maybe work on it myself. If required, I can maybe open it up and take pictures, if that'll help.

 

I know Dr. Meier also frequents these threads, so maybe he can chime in or pm me if that's better.

 

Thanks!

I once experienced exactly the same. Then I discovered that the battery was dead - not just FLAT, but completely dead after making the easy test with putting the tongue on both current parts of the 9V battery. If you are sure you turn the battery the right way +/- wise and the current side pointing inwards and the battery is not flat then I think you should contact Jan Meier and let him have a look at your device. 


Edited by rasmushorn - 8/13/14 at 12:19am
post #2778 of 2790
Quote:
I once experienced exactly the same. Then I discovered that the battery was dead. If you are sure you turn the battery the right way +/- wise and the current side pointing inwards and the battery is not flat then I think you should contact Jan Meier and let him have a look at your device. 

 

Thanks rasmushorn, I have 5 rechargeable batteries that I rotate with my Quickstep and none work.:(

post #2779 of 2790

I've never opened up the Quickstep, is it pretty straight forward to do so? maybe I can take a look when I get home, see if anything looks out of place.

post #2780 of 2790
I have the Stepdance. You need to remover the volume knob by unscrewing the little wormskrew and remove the back of the device by unscrewing the two screws. Then you can carefully tow out the maiboard. You just need to bend the battery contacts a little and your problem sho should disappear. I had the same several times already.
post #2781 of 2790

The motherboard can be removed from the front with the faceplate attached and volume knob intact, which saves time.

post #2782 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
 

The motherboard can be removed from the front with the faceplate attached and volume knob intact, which saves time.


That's a brilliant idea, why didn't I figure that out?

:beerchug:

post #2783 of 2790

thanks for all the help/suggestions guys. Unfortunately no go.:(

 

Any other thoughts on this? on the first pic, does that resistor (whatever it is) look burned out?

 

post #2784 of 2790

That's a diode, not a resistor.  It seems alright.

Edit: one of us with a little (or more) electronics experience would have to check it out for you if you do not want to send it all the way to Germany.


Edited by Mad Max - 8/13/14 at 2:18pm
post #2785 of 2790

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile: 


Edited by wormsdriver - 8/13/14 at 2:23pm
post #2786 of 2790

Bending the tabs worked?

post #2787 of 2790
Yes! ...somehow. how are the tabs supposed to be positioned? To be honest, I don't know what the hell I did, but it worked! smily_headphones1.gif
post #2788 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post

Yes! ...somehow. how are the tabs supposed to be positioned? To be honest, I don't know what the hell I did, but it worked! smily_headphones1.gif

Glad that the HeadFi team could help you!

post #2789 of 2790

They just need to make tight contact.

post #2790 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietcux View Post

Glad that the HeadFi team could help you!

Yessir indeed! Thank you guys, I appreciate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post

They just need to make tight contact.
Cheers!
I believe they were just a bit misaligned so one of them wasn't making as good a contact.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread