call it "adaptive hedonism" or any other name......Im totally hooked... No amount of rehab will work.........Audio Junkie......
Recent Images In This Thread
- product2STEPDANCEtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 8/19/10
- productMeier Audio CORDA HEADSIXtagged by System, 3/4/11
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/19/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- AC Power Plug for Stepdance 2. Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as buffer (Current amp). It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 174post #2596 of 29029/11/13 at 7:43am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2597 of 29029/11/13 at 12:14pmpost #2598 of 29029/11/13 at 1:42pmpost #2599 of 29029/11/13 at 2:51pmpost #2600 of 29029/12/13 at 3:44amQuote:
Well let me explain. I bought AK120 and I auditioned few other amps with it and I started hating the sound of AK120 without amp to a point that I was distracted about why I have no amped hooked to it when I listened to music than the music itself. And ofcourse i could always amp the AK120 but that goes beyond the reason why I bough the AK120.
So for a while I just did not use the AK120 and after few weeks I went back to AK120 and hooked my iem to it and I thought it sounded great without any amp. Now I will not risk amping it again as I forgot how good it sounded with an amp. I know it sounded better but since I cannot remember who great it was I dont really crave to amping.
I've also audition a lot of great gears that I could never afford, it left me not enjoying any of my gears so what I did was I just went back to the old apple earbuds used it for while and than switched back to my own gears and I once again appreciated the gears I had.
For server cases I prescribe audio rehab. Don't listen to your favorite song and you will be so opposed with music that you wouldnt care from what source you are hearing them from.
Those tricks works for me, I hope it works or you guys too.post #2601 of 29029/12/13 at 6:24ampost #2602 of 29029/12/13 at 10:16amQuote:
<http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_162996_-1> is still the most powerful linear regulated wallwart I have found < 15V. Needs a sleeve adaptor though.post #2603 of 29029/12/13 at 12:08pmpost #2604 of 29029/12/13 at 12:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by Avi
<<a href="http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_162996_-1" class="bbcode_url">http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_162996_-1> is still the most powerful linear regulated wallwart I have found < 15V. Needs a sleeve adaptor though.
Its ugly if you ask me. I go with the xp8000a energizer.post #2605 of 29029/16/13 at 8:50pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Avi
<http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_162996_-1> is still the most powerful linear regulated wallwart I have found < 15V. Needs a sleeve adaptor though.
Ugly? This is an industrial beauty. I wish that it was available in 240V input.post #2606 of 29029/20/13 at 8:06amHi everyone.
This may be a duplicated question. Is there any improvement in sound quality going up from 12 volt external power supply to 15 volt, using full size headphone? It is a little difficult to find a 15 volt regulated linear power supply but 12 volt is much easier to get.post #2607 of 29029/20/13 at 1:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by pignwolf
This may be a duplicated question. Is there any improvement in sound quality going up from 12 volt external power supply to 15 volt, using full size headphone? It is a little difficult to find a 15 volt regulated linear power supply but 12 volt is much easier to get.
It depends on how inefficient your headphones are:
Mikepost #2608 of 29029/20/13 at 8:47pmThank you, Mike.
I have a pair of HD600 and K501. After reading the post you recommended, I guess both are inefficient enough to use 15 volt power supply. I decided to get this power supply (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007933AL2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) though the shipping and handling fees are twice expensive than the PSU itself. :-( I only hope this PSU will work well with my 2Stepdance. Do you have any experiences with it? Does different PSU generate different sound?post #2609 of 29029/20/13 at 8:49pm
Finally found one local store that sales a 15 v regulated PSU, going to get it in few hours. I am impressed with how it is performing with battery, time to experiment a little with PSU.
Hopefully it pushes T5p to the next level, that is the only thing that to my ears dont pair as good as I hoped it would but with my iem (except the ck100pro) quickstep proven to be a great amp.post #2610 of 29029/21/13 at 4:42amQuote:Originally Posted by pignwolf
Thank you, Mike.
I have a pair of HD600 and K501. After reading the post you recommended, I guess both are inefficient enough to use 15 volt power supply. I decided to get this power supply (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007933AL2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) though the shipping and handling fees are twice expensive than the PSU itself. :-( I only hope this PSU will work well with my 2Stepdance. Do you have any experiences with it? Does different PSU generate different sound?
I can only guess, as I have no experience with that PSU, but I think you will find it works well with the 2Stepdance, when set to 15V. It's "regulated," which we know is a must, per Jan Meier. But I suspect it's also a "switch-mode regulated" PSU rather than the more desirable, "linear regulated" PSU.
Some switch-mode PSUs can cause a hum or buzzing sound with some audio gear, and even though Jan Meier recommends linear regulated PSUs, several people in this thread are using less expensive switch-mode regulated PSUs with their Meier portable amps, and are still enjoying a black noise floor. You'll just have to test it to know for sure, but the odds are very high that it will be fine.
By the way, You might want to put a piece of tape over the voltage selector to make sure that it stays set to 15V, and make sure the connector is polarized to supply 15V+ at the tip, with 15V- at the ring (or barrel of the connector).
Edited by zilch0md - 9/21/13 at 4:43am
- Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (5/31/2015: Beyer COP+ and... 22 seconds ago
- › Aune B1 Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 with display box, OEM SE cables, OEM balanced cable and... 3 minutes ago
- › Best gaming headset within 90$ ? 3 minutes ago
- › Any other headphones with HD 600 sized earcups? 3 minutes ago
- › DAC Suggestions with XLR Outputs and a Headphone AMP? 4 minutes ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 4 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin N6 DAP: Dual PCM1792, BTL Amplication Circuit, 24/192,... 6 minutes ago
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2