call it "adaptive hedonism" or any other name......Im totally hooked... No amount of rehab will work.........Audio Junkie......
Recent Images In This Thread
- product2STEPDANCEtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 8/19/10
- productMeier Audio CORDA HEADSIXtagged by System, 3/4/11
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/19/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- AC Power Plug for Stepdance 2. Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Noontec for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website link:...
Preamble: Hi guys, I'm a budding audio-appreciator since starting on this journey about a year and a half ago. I just have average ears that like to listen to slightly above average music and so...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Brainwavz S3 you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated...
Introduction First of all, I would like to thank Aune (@AuneAudio) for giving me the opportunity to review their unit. This is the link to the relevant head-fi thread:...
INTRO:- Since last year, Fidue a Chinese earphone manufacturer has been raising its head with some hard to look through earphones. They have close to 10-12 earphones but a triple driver...
Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 174post #2596 of 29089/11/13 at 7:43am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2597 of 29089/11/13 at 12:14pmpost #2598 of 29089/11/13 at 1:42pmpost #2599 of 29089/11/13 at 2:51pmpost #2600 of 29089/12/13 at 3:44amQuote:
Well let me explain. I bought AK120 and I auditioned few other amps with it and I started hating the sound of AK120 without amp to a point that I was distracted about why I have no amped hooked to it when I listened to music than the music itself. And ofcourse i could always amp the AK120 but that goes beyond the reason why I bough the AK120.
So for a while I just did not use the AK120 and after few weeks I went back to AK120 and hooked my iem to it and I thought it sounded great without any amp. Now I will not risk amping it again as I forgot how good it sounded with an amp. I know it sounded better but since I cannot remember who great it was I dont really crave to amping.
I've also audition a lot of great gears that I could never afford, it left me not enjoying any of my gears so what I did was I just went back to the old apple earbuds used it for while and than switched back to my own gears and I once again appreciated the gears I had.
For server cases I prescribe audio rehab. Don't listen to your favorite song and you will be so opposed with music that you wouldnt care from what source you are hearing them from.
Those tricks works for me, I hope it works or you guys too.post #2601 of 29089/12/13 at 6:24ampost #2602 of 29089/12/13 at 10:16amQuote:
<http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_162996_-1> is still the most powerful linear regulated wallwart I have found < 15V. Needs a sleeve adaptor though.post #2603 of 29089/12/13 at 12:08pmpost #2604 of 29089/12/13 at 12:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by Avi
<<a href="http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_162996_-1" class="bbcode_url">http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_162996_-1> is still the most powerful linear regulated wallwart I have found < 15V. Needs a sleeve adaptor though.
Its ugly if you ask me. I go with the xp8000a energizer.post #2605 of 29089/16/13 at 8:50pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Avi
<http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_162996_-1> is still the most powerful linear regulated wallwart I have found < 15V. Needs a sleeve adaptor though.
Ugly? This is an industrial beauty. I wish that it was available in 240V input.post #2606 of 29089/20/13 at 8:06amHi everyone.
This may be a duplicated question. Is there any improvement in sound quality going up from 12 volt external power supply to 15 volt, using full size headphone? It is a little difficult to find a 15 volt regulated linear power supply but 12 volt is much easier to get.post #2607 of 29089/20/13 at 1:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by pignwolf
This may be a duplicated question. Is there any improvement in sound quality going up from 12 volt external power supply to 15 volt, using full size headphone? It is a little difficult to find a 15 volt regulated linear power supply but 12 volt is much easier to get.
It depends on how inefficient your headphones are:
Mikepost #2608 of 29089/20/13 at 8:47pmThank you, Mike.
I have a pair of HD600 and K501. After reading the post you recommended, I guess both are inefficient enough to use 15 volt power supply. I decided to get this power supply (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007933AL2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) though the shipping and handling fees are twice expensive than the PSU itself. :-( I only hope this PSU will work well with my 2Stepdance. Do you have any experiences with it? Does different PSU generate different sound?post #2609 of 29089/20/13 at 8:49pm
Finally found one local store that sales a 15 v regulated PSU, going to get it in few hours. I am impressed with how it is performing with battery, time to experiment a little with PSU.
Hopefully it pushes T5p to the next level, that is the only thing that to my ears dont pair as good as I hoped it would but with my iem (except the ck100pro) quickstep proven to be a great amp.post #2610 of 29089/21/13 at 4:42amQuote:Originally Posted by pignwolf
Thank you, Mike.
I have a pair of HD600 and K501. After reading the post you recommended, I guess both are inefficient enough to use 15 volt power supply. I decided to get this power supply (http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007933AL2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) though the shipping and handling fees are twice expensive than the PSU itself. :-( I only hope this PSU will work well with my 2Stepdance. Do you have any experiences with it? Does different PSU generate different sound?
I can only guess, as I have no experience with that PSU, but I think you will find it works well with the 2Stepdance, when set to 15V. It's "regulated," which we know is a must, per Jan Meier. But I suspect it's also a "switch-mode regulated" PSU rather than the more desirable, "linear regulated" PSU.
Some switch-mode PSUs can cause a hum or buzzing sound with some audio gear, and even though Jan Meier recommends linear regulated PSUs, several people in this thread are using less expensive switch-mode regulated PSUs with their Meier portable amps, and are still enjoying a black noise floor. You'll just have to test it to know for sure, but the odds are very high that it will be fine.
By the way, You might want to put a piece of tape over the voltage selector to make sure that it stays set to 15V, and make sure the connector is polarized to supply 15V+ at the tip, with 15V- at the ring (or barrel of the connector).
Edited by zilch0md - 9/21/13 at 4:43am
- Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 19 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 2 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › 2015 CanJam @ RMAF Impressions thread - (October 2-4, 2015) 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio Q1 versus the Fiio E12a Mont Blanc edition 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Bifrost Uber Analog Upgrade 5 minutes ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 5 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by GioF71
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Philips SHE3905BK/27 In-Ear Headphones with Mic, Black by Whitigir
- › Music Hall de-be Portable Headphones by BloodyPenguin
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2