- 1,052 Posts. Joined 8/2009
- Location: Freiburg, Germany
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- product2STEPDANCEtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 8/19/10
- productMeier Audio CORDA HEADSIXtagged by System, 3/4/11
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/19/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- AC Power Plug for Stepdance 2. Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
I bought the S version that has standard 3.5mm TRS unbalanced plug. I didn't want to use the balanced-to-unbalanced adaptor that comes with the non-S version because my players would not have...
“First in last out!” While the above makes for an excellent military motto, it really sucks for an audio component reviewer. I must sincerely apologize to Rock Jaw, Rockbob, and the folks waiting...
Just some brief notes and impressions since no one else has put one up yet. Nice compact form. The little rubber cone feet are useless though and start wearing out. Surprisingly lightweight...
After starting to review a few IEM's in the past week I decided to slip these babies back into my ears as a reference point for the other IEM's. After doing so for a few minutes I realized these...
Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 173post #2581 of 27759/9/13 at 2:09amHi, the XP8000 is a battery pack, that can supply 15 volt with a special adaptor cable called WILLY.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2582 of 27759/9/13 at 6:24amWQuote:What is that and how big is it?why only 12 volts? I never seen anything like that. Let us know how it sounds! I like the xp8000a at 15 volts and its portable too!Originally Posted by maii
Hi is xp8000 linear regulated why it looks so small. I have search all linear regulated it's a big brick. This is the one I 'm going to get. output socket is made by order.
Here is how it looks the smallest I could find. Lisa one is small but relatively more expensive than quickstep itself ha ha.post #2583 of 27759/9/13 at 10:29ampost #2584 of 27759/9/13 at 10:59amQuote:
I've heard this, too. I guess anything's possible if you spend enough money. :-)post #2585 of 27759/9/13 at 11:24am
I can't remember all the specifics, but I think the basic premise was that batteries are based on a chemical reaction, which is not necessarily the cleanest power source possible. That plus the battery performance changes as it discharges.
The gist of it is batteries will likely be cleaner than a typical wall-wart, but a really good linear regulated supply *can* outperform a abttery. Whether any of that will be audible by the end of the day... hey, this is the wrong subforum for thatpost #2586 of 27759/9/13 at 1:35pm
To make a long story short, the XP8000 is a wonderful chemical powersupply for the Stepdance and Quickstep. And to get the 15 volt supply right we have a Willy cable that regulates the voltage properly. My Willy cable even sings in silent high notes that I do not hear when I have my Signature PRO on my head. Maybe the XP8000 with the Willy cable is best of both worlds? And no it is not the wrong forum, it is HeadFi..........post #2587 of 27759/9/13 at 2:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by pietcux
To make a long story short, the XP8000 is a wonderful chemical powersupply for the Stepdance and Quickstep. And to get the 15 volt supply right we have a Willy cable that regulates the voltage properly. My Willy cable even sings in silent high notes that I do not hear when I have my Signature PRO on my head. Maybe the XP8000 with the Willy cable is best of both worlds? And no it is not the wrong forum, it is HeadFi..........
Well said! I agree!post #2588 of 27759/9/13 at 3:13pmpost #2589 of 27759/9/13 at 4:22pmpost #2590 of 27759/10/13 at 8:22pmpost #2591 of 27759/10/13 at 8:45pmpost #2592 of 27759/11/13 at 2:59am
Thanks again my fine friend, guess I should have done some research......
I'm soo lovin the sound out of Quickstep, works wonders with my Hifiman IEMs also kicks butt with both my UM Customs. So much so that I no longer can listen to my ipod classics's without the Quickstep in the equation.post #2593 of 27759/11/13 at 5:18amLOL
Tell me about it. ;-)
It's called "adaptive hedonism." Once you experience a higher level of quality in anything pleasurable, regression is difficult. The trick is to avoid exposure to the next level.
Contentment is a choice made independent of circumstances, but it helps to lower your expectations and not go looking for the next best thing.
All of this flies in the face of audiophilia, of course. :-)
Mikepost #2594 of 27759/11/13 at 5:51am
- Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 23 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › FS:Grado SR-125i 2 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › SENNHEISER PX-100ii (white) 4 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 4 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Shure SE535LTD RED by hardbop
- › PSB M4U 2 Noise Canceling headphones by Mr_Owlow
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by squallkiercosa
- › Eclipse TD-M1 by HideousPride
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)