- 1,104 Posts. Joined 8/2009
- Location: Freiburg, Germany
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- product2STEPDANCEtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 8/19/10
- productMeier Audio CORDA HEADSIXtagged by System, 3/4/11
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/19/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- AC Power Plug for Stepdance 2. Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 173post #2581 of 27909/9/13 at 2:09amHi, the XP8000 is a battery pack, that can supply 15 volt with a special adaptor cable called WILLY.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2582 of 27909/9/13 at 6:24amWQuote:What is that and how big is it?why only 12 volts? I never seen anything like that. Let us know how it sounds! I like the xp8000a at 15 volts and its portable too!Originally Posted by maii
Hi is xp8000 linear regulated why it looks so small. I have search all linear regulated it's a big brick. This is the one I 'm going to get. output socket is made by order.
Here is how it looks the smallest I could find. Lisa one is small but relatively more expensive than quickstep itself ha ha.post #2583 of 27909/9/13 at 10:29ampost #2584 of 27909/9/13 at 10:59amQuote:
I've heard this, too. I guess anything's possible if you spend enough money. :-)post #2585 of 27909/9/13 at 11:24am
I can't remember all the specifics, but I think the basic premise was that batteries are based on a chemical reaction, which is not necessarily the cleanest power source possible. That plus the battery performance changes as it discharges.
The gist of it is batteries will likely be cleaner than a typical wall-wart, but a really good linear regulated supply *can* outperform a abttery. Whether any of that will be audible by the end of the day... hey, this is the wrong subforum for thatpost #2586 of 27909/9/13 at 1:35pm
To make a long story short, the XP8000 is a wonderful chemical powersupply for the Stepdance and Quickstep. And to get the 15 volt supply right we have a Willy cable that regulates the voltage properly. My Willy cable even sings in silent high notes that I do not hear when I have my Signature PRO on my head. Maybe the XP8000 with the Willy cable is best of both worlds? And no it is not the wrong forum, it is HeadFi..........post #2587 of 27909/9/13 at 2:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by pietcux
To make a long story short, the XP8000 is a wonderful chemical powersupply for the Stepdance and Quickstep. And to get the 15 volt supply right we have a Willy cable that regulates the voltage properly. My Willy cable even sings in silent high notes that I do not hear when I have my Signature PRO on my head. Maybe the XP8000 with the Willy cable is best of both worlds? And no it is not the wrong forum, it is HeadFi..........
Well said! I agree!post #2588 of 27909/9/13 at 3:13pmpost #2589 of 27909/9/13 at 4:22pmpost #2590 of 27909/10/13 at 8:22pmpost #2591 of 27909/10/13 at 8:45pmpost #2592 of 27909/11/13 at 2:59am
Thanks again my fine friend, guess I should have done some research......
I'm soo lovin the sound out of Quickstep, works wonders with my Hifiman IEMs also kicks butt with both my UM Customs. So much so that I no longer can listen to my ipod classics's without the Quickstep in the equation.post #2593 of 27909/11/13 at 5:18amLOL
Tell me about it. ;-)
It's called "adaptive hedonism." Once you experience a higher level of quality in anything pleasurable, regression is difficult. The trick is to avoid exposure to the next level.
Contentment is a choice made independent of circumstances, but it helps to lower your expectations and not go looking for the next best thing.
All of this flies in the face of audiophilia, of course. :-)
Mikepost #2594 of 27909/11/13 at 5:51am
- Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Music Game IX 22 seconds ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 47 seconds ago
- › Weird Sennheiser Urbanite Ad 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Music City Meet -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2014 (Sept 20, 2014) 1 minute ago
- › [AUS] *LIKE NEW* ORTOFON E-Q5 Black (PRICE REDUCED!) 2 minutes ago
- › Need new headphones/ How to listen to music 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA XL pads for M-100, LP2, LP like new 4 minutes ago
- › Hello, in need for an amp or Dac for DT 880 5 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)