- 2,074 Posts. Joined 8/2009
- Location: Freiburg, Germany
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- product2STEPDANCEtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 8/19/10
- productMeier Audio CORDA HEADSIXtagged by System, 3/4/11
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/19/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- AC Power Plug for Stepdance 2. Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon to...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
I first used these as monitoring headphones for recording. They quickly moved out of my home studio and now I use them everywhere. I have one pair at home and one pair at work. I also take them...
The Good: Price/Quality ratio; Comfort; Bass quality/quantity; Musicality; Imaging. The Bad: Requires a powerful amplifier. Tonal Balance: V-Shaped Style: Circumaural semi-open. Cost: $250 at...
Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 173post #2581 of 29739/9/13 at 2:09amHi, the XP8000 is a battery pack, that can supply 15 volt with a special adaptor cable called WILLY.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2582 of 29739/9/13 at 6:24amWQuote:What is that and how big is it?why only 12 volts? I never seen anything like that. Let us know how it sounds! I like the xp8000a at 15 volts and its portable too!Originally Posted by maii
Hi is xp8000 linear regulated why it looks so small. I have search all linear regulated it's a big brick. This is the one I 'm going to get. output socket is made by order.
Here is how it looks the smallest I could find. Lisa one is small but relatively more expensive than quickstep itself ha ha.post #2583 of 29739/9/13 at 10:29ampost #2584 of 29739/9/13 at 10:59amQuote:
I've heard this, too. I guess anything's possible if you spend enough money. :-)post #2585 of 29739/9/13 at 11:24am
I can't remember all the specifics, but I think the basic premise was that batteries are based on a chemical reaction, which is not necessarily the cleanest power source possible. That plus the battery performance changes as it discharges.
The gist of it is batteries will likely be cleaner than a typical wall-wart, but a really good linear regulated supply *can* outperform a abttery. Whether any of that will be audible by the end of the day... hey, this is the wrong subforum for thatpost #2586 of 29739/9/13 at 1:35pm
To make a long story short, the XP8000 is a wonderful chemical powersupply for the Stepdance and Quickstep. And to get the 15 volt supply right we have a Willy cable that regulates the voltage properly. My Willy cable even sings in silent high notes that I do not hear when I have my Signature PRO on my head. Maybe the XP8000 with the Willy cable is best of both worlds? And no it is not the wrong forum, it is HeadFi..........post #2587 of 29739/9/13 at 2:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by pietcux
To make a long story short, the XP8000 is a wonderful chemical powersupply for the Stepdance and Quickstep. And to get the 15 volt supply right we have a Willy cable that regulates the voltage properly. My Willy cable even sings in silent high notes that I do not hear when I have my Signature PRO on my head. Maybe the XP8000 with the Willy cable is best of both worlds? And no it is not the wrong forum, it is HeadFi..........
Well said! I agree!post #2588 of 29739/9/13 at 3:13pmpost #2589 of 29739/9/13 at 4:22pmpost #2590 of 29739/10/13 at 8:22pmpost #2591 of 29739/10/13 at 8:45pmpost #2592 of 29739/11/13 at 2:59am
Thanks again my fine friend, guess I should have done some research......
I'm soo lovin the sound out of Quickstep, works wonders with my Hifiman IEMs also kicks butt with both my UM Customs. So much so that I no longer can listen to my ipod classics's without the Quickstep in the equation.post #2593 of 29739/11/13 at 5:18amLOL
Tell me about it. ;-)
It's called "adaptive hedonism." Once you experience a higher level of quality in anything pleasurable, regression is difficult. The trick is to avoid exposure to the next level.
Contentment is a choice made independent of circumstances, but it helps to lower your expectations and not go looking for the next best thing.
All of this flies in the face of audiophilia, of course. :-)
Mikepost #2594 of 29739/11/13 at 5:51am
- Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › ZMF x Vibro & ZMF Blackwood Discussion Thread. 59 seconds ago
- › Momentum M2 way to bright, any recommendation? 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Bose QC35 Wireless Noise-Cancelling Headphones 5 minutes ago
- › LZ-A2S impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 9 minutes ago
- › Toxic Cables - Impressions and Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 10 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 11 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 12 minutes ago
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › ZhiYin Z2016 by crabdog
- › InEar StageDiver SD-4 (Small) by twister6
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...