- 1,592 Posts. Joined 8/2009
- Location: Freiburg, Germany
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- product2STEPDANCEtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 8/19/10
- productMeier Audio CORDA HEADSIXtagged by System, 3/4/11
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/19/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- AC Power Plug for Stepdance 2. Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 173post #2581 of 29009/9/13 at 2:09amHi, the XP8000 is a battery pack, that can supply 15 volt with a special adaptor cable called WILLY.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2582 of 29009/9/13 at 6:24amWQuote:What is that and how big is it?why only 12 volts? I never seen anything like that. Let us know how it sounds! I like the xp8000a at 15 volts and its portable too!Originally Posted by maii
Hi is xp8000 linear regulated why it looks so small. I have search all linear regulated it's a big brick. This is the one I 'm going to get. output socket is made by order.
Here is how it looks the smallest I could find. Lisa one is small but relatively more expensive than quickstep itself ha ha.post #2583 of 29009/9/13 at 10:29ampost #2584 of 29009/9/13 at 10:59amQuote:
I've heard this, too. I guess anything's possible if you spend enough money. :-)post #2585 of 29009/9/13 at 11:24am
I can't remember all the specifics, but I think the basic premise was that batteries are based on a chemical reaction, which is not necessarily the cleanest power source possible. That plus the battery performance changes as it discharges.
The gist of it is batteries will likely be cleaner than a typical wall-wart, but a really good linear regulated supply *can* outperform a abttery. Whether any of that will be audible by the end of the day... hey, this is the wrong subforum for thatpost #2586 of 29009/9/13 at 1:35pm
To make a long story short, the XP8000 is a wonderful chemical powersupply for the Stepdance and Quickstep. And to get the 15 volt supply right we have a Willy cable that regulates the voltage properly. My Willy cable even sings in silent high notes that I do not hear when I have my Signature PRO on my head. Maybe the XP8000 with the Willy cable is best of both worlds? And no it is not the wrong forum, it is HeadFi..........post #2587 of 29009/9/13 at 2:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by pietcux
To make a long story short, the XP8000 is a wonderful chemical powersupply for the Stepdance and Quickstep. And to get the 15 volt supply right we have a Willy cable that regulates the voltage properly. My Willy cable even sings in silent high notes that I do not hear when I have my Signature PRO on my head. Maybe the XP8000 with the Willy cable is best of both worlds? And no it is not the wrong forum, it is HeadFi..........
Well said! I agree!post #2588 of 29009/9/13 at 3:13pmpost #2589 of 29009/9/13 at 4:22pmpost #2590 of 29009/10/13 at 8:22pmpost #2591 of 29009/10/13 at 8:45pmpost #2592 of 29009/11/13 at 2:59am
Thanks again my fine friend, guess I should have done some research......
I'm soo lovin the sound out of Quickstep, works wonders with my Hifiman IEMs also kicks butt with both my UM Customs. So much so that I no longer can listen to my ipod classics's without the Quickstep in the equation.post #2593 of 29009/11/13 at 5:18amLOL
Tell me about it. ;-)
It's called "adaptive hedonism." Once you experience a higher level of quality in anything pleasurable, regression is difficult. The trick is to avoid exposure to the next level.
Contentment is a choice made independent of circumstances, but it helps to lower your expectations and not go looking for the next best thing.
All of this flies in the face of audiophilia, of course. :-)
Mikepost #2594 of 29009/11/13 at 5:51am
- Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › July 4th Flash Sale! 25% off with promocode: JULY4 36 seconds ago
- › Sesame Street means a lot to me 48 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › Help planning my first sitting room hi-fi setup 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 5 minutes ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)