- 224 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: Ohio
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- product2STEPDANCEtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 8/19/10
- productMeier Audio CORDA HEADSIXtagged by System, 3/4/11
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/19/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- AC Power Plug for Stepdance 2. Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Suprisingly, this cheap in ear jlab sounded good enough for me to come here and get into better sound.
Ah, the WA7 "Fireflies" from Woo Audio. As stunning to behold as it is to hear! This is my first piece of amp/DAC kit that retails for over $1k and well, I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I think...
Many thanks to Venture Electronics for the VE Monk review sample! Product website: http://eng.52ve.cn/product.php?cm_id=205 I haven't been using earbud for quite a long time since my...
INTRODUCTION: The Havit H91DJ is a budget over-ear headphone with a warm signature. Sound quality is very impressive considering the low cost. The value of these headphones is quite high,...
Intro: SoundFoundations, is a company which manufactures accessories like racks, stands, and vibration control & custom cables. It is based in India. SoundFoundations is known in India for...
Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 169post #2521 of 29088/27/13 at 8:01amAll look same to me.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2522 of 29088/27/13 at 4:54pmpost #2523 of 29088/27/13 at 10:21pm
T5p and Quickstep is a very powerful combination. I use an ODAC in front of them and it makes a very VERY good transportable system I can bring with me to work or when traveling. I am looking forward to read about your impressions when you get it.post #2524 of 29088/28/13 at 4:51pm
The amp just arrived and ofcourse I have to go to work in an hour. Paired with DD socket 1 (muses01 edition) ,copper interconnect and lithium energizer battery here are my early impression:
- Solid built
- Portable, stacks up nicely on AK120
- Hiss is present on Ck100pro. Right out of the box it makes ck100pro sound sibilant
- Brilliant synergy with EX-1000, have not heard the ex-1000 bass this solid. A sound that is saying to the headphones (bring it on!).
- I always thought F111 is like the BA IEM version of EX-1000. Very pleased with how it pairs.
- Sounds good with T5p although I prefer the higher gain on T5p. I can't say I am liking T5p alot, it seems like I just dislike its tuning. I can safely say that I prefer IEM more than headphones.
- Clear, neutral with 4 out of 5 of my IEM which I can assume safely that it was just a synergy thing with Ck100pro.
I can say safely paired with DD socket 1 I can finally say I have my reference line up set up ready. I have not tried it with ER4S as I know if I plug it in now I will not be able to focus once I go to work. I am certain it will pair perfectly with ER4S.
Ofcourse there are cons on this amp that I yet to discover but right now the only con is not having internal charging circuit, with the amp of such price I actually prefer to get a dedicated power supply. All and all this is certainly a keeper.
I did a quiet comparsion to MHd-Q7, the bottom end on the MHd-Q7 has a bit more quantity and sound is a little more open but than again I have used that for well over 1000 hour.
It is a keeper and I am looking forward to pairing it with AK120 in futures to come.post #2525 of 29088/29/13 at 5:35ampost #2526 of 29088/29/13 at 7:23ampost #2527 of 29088/29/13 at 7:49amI had to use it as a power supply for my laptop when I forgot the power supply at home. It worked fine for two days straight. Only the laptop battery did not charge. So it is a very handy "JACK OF ALL TRADES or Swiss Army Knife" device.post #2528 of 29088/29/13 at 7:59ampost #2529 of 29088/30/13 at 5:24ampost #2530 of 29088/30/13 at 7:01pmpost #2531 of 29088/30/13 at 7:03pmpost #2532 of 29088/30/13 at 8:00pmpost #2533 of 29088/30/13 at 8:19pmpost #2534 of 29088/30/13 at 8:20pmI have found several implementations of the ESS9023 DAC (including the ODAC, Audioquest Dragonfly, and Stoner Acoustics UD100) to be a little bright for my tastes and sometimes harsh, when paired with truly neutral amps and headphones. So...... Not without sympathy, I have to say... Welcome to using an amp that lets you hear exactly what the source produces. ;-)
Perhaps a darker headphone or DAC is in order, but you might also see if you can't just adapt to the unfamiliar signature over a couple of weeks of listening to it. I know that I tend to get "formed" to a specific signature, such that it can be uncomfortable at first when moving to something different, but in time I can adjust and start enjoying it.
Mikepost #2535 of 29088/30/13 at 8:26pm
It is a nice sound amp for sure, i just opened the case to set the jumper on low gain setting but now cant close the battery lid.
EDIT: Found the solution, just open the front end, insert the battery and close it, that is the easiest way. Darn it I scratched the closing lid.
Edited by audionewbi - 8/30/13 at 8:31pm
- Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › New Audio-gd DAC-19 [10th Anniversary Edition] 16 seconds ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › USB external with RCA And SPDIF out 2 minutes ago
- › want to change my denon d2000 to a better headphone , is there any... 2 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin N5 DAP - Product Info, Discussion and Tour Link 4 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Gallery!! 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 4 minutes ago
- › JLab JBuds NEON Metal In-Ear Earbuds with Universal Mic for iPhone... by Zantrill
- › WooAudio WA7 Fireflies by JoeDoe
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk by earfonia
- › HAVIT® HV-H91DJ Professional Stereo Studio Dj Series Headphones... by Vividcard
- › SoundFoundations Barracuda PowerMax Elite by YoYo JoKeR
- › Pro-Ject Audio - Hear it One - Audiophile stereo headphone - Black by ForShure
- › DUNU DN-2000J by HiFiChris
- › MEElectronics A151 2nd Generation by HiFiChris
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by hakushondaimao
- › Creative T4W 2.1 Wireless Bluetooth Speaker System by BloodyPenguin
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2