- 224 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: Ohio
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- product2STEPDANCEtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 8/19/10
- productMeier Audio CORDA HEADSIXtagged by System, 3/4/11
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/19/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- AC Power Plug for Stepdance 2. Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I was provided a review sample and appreciate the generosity and opportunity to listen and review the Brainwavz S5. I've owned many Brainwavz earphones ranging from the Beta through the B2...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 169post #2521 of 27758/27/13 at 8:01amAll look same to me.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2522 of 27758/27/13 at 4:54pmpost #2523 of 27758/27/13 at 10:21pm
T5p and Quickstep is a very powerful combination. I use an ODAC in front of them and it makes a very VERY good transportable system I can bring with me to work or when traveling. I am looking forward to read about your impressions when you get it.post #2524 of 27758/28/13 at 4:51pm
The amp just arrived and ofcourse I have to go to work in an hour. Paired with DD socket 1 (muses01 edition) ,copper interconnect and lithium energizer battery here are my early impression:
- Solid built
- Portable, stacks up nicely on AK120
- Hiss is present on Ck100pro. Right out of the box it makes ck100pro sound sibilant
- Brilliant synergy with EX-1000, have not heard the ex-1000 bass this solid. A sound that is saying to the headphones (bring it on!).
- I always thought F111 is like the BA IEM version of EX-1000. Very pleased with how it pairs.
- Sounds good with T5p although I prefer the higher gain on T5p. I can't say I am liking T5p alot, it seems like I just dislike its tuning. I can safely say that I prefer IEM more than headphones.
- Clear, neutral with 4 out of 5 of my IEM which I can assume safely that it was just a synergy thing with Ck100pro.
I can say safely paired with DD socket 1 I can finally say I have my reference line up set up ready. I have not tried it with ER4S as I know if I plug it in now I will not be able to focus once I go to work. I am certain it will pair perfectly with ER4S.
Ofcourse there are cons on this amp that I yet to discover but right now the only con is not having internal charging circuit, with the amp of such price I actually prefer to get a dedicated power supply. All and all this is certainly a keeper.
I did a quiet comparsion to MHd-Q7, the bottom end on the MHd-Q7 has a bit more quantity and sound is a little more open but than again I have used that for well over 1000 hour.
It is a keeper and I am looking forward to pairing it with AK120 in futures to come.post #2525 of 27758/29/13 at 5:35ampost #2526 of 27758/29/13 at 7:23ampost #2527 of 27758/29/13 at 7:49amI had to use it as a power supply for my laptop when I forgot the power supply at home. It worked fine for two days straight. Only the laptop battery did not charge. So it is a very handy "JACK OF ALL TRADES or Swiss Army Knife" device.post #2528 of 27758/29/13 at 7:59ampost #2529 of 27758/30/13 at 5:24ampost #2530 of 27758/30/13 at 7:01pmpost #2531 of 27758/30/13 at 7:03pmpost #2532 of 27758/30/13 at 8:00pmpost #2533 of 27758/30/13 at 8:19pmpost #2534 of 27758/30/13 at 8:20pmI have found several implementations of the ESS9023 DAC (including the ODAC, Audioquest Dragonfly, and Stoner Acoustics UD100) to be a little bright for my tastes and sometimes harsh, when paired with truly neutral amps and headphones. So...... Not without sympathy, I have to say... Welcome to using an amp that lets you hear exactly what the source produces. ;-)
Perhaps a darker headphone or DAC is in order, but you might also see if you can't just adapt to the unfamiliar signature over a couple of weeks of listening to it. I know that I tend to get "formed" to a specific signature, such that it can be uncomfortable at first when moving to something different, but in time I can adjust and start enjoying it.
Mikepost #2535 of 27758/30/13 at 8:26pm
It is a nice sound amp for sure, i just opened the case to set the jumper on low gain setting but now cant close the battery lid.
EDIT: Found the solution, just open the front end, insert the battery and close it, that is the easiest way. Darn it I scratched the closing lid.
Edited by audionewbi - 8/30/13 at 8:31pm
- Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) just now
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 37 seconds ago
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ 50 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Singolos! pg1644..Doppios! ... 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Conflicting information on Cables and other audiophile components. 3 minutes ago
- › Bassy, Sealed Headphones for Under $35 3 minutes ago
- › digiZoid ZO2.3 Impression & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Solid state balanced amp for Audeze LCD-3? 4 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by DannyBai
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)