- 223 Posts. Joined 4/2013
- Location: Ohio
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- product2STEPDANCEtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 8/19/10
- productMeier Audio CORDA HEADSIXtagged by System, 3/4/11
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/19/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- AC Power Plug for Stepdance 2. Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 169post #2521 of 27308/27/13 at 8:01amAll look same to me.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2522 of 27308/27/13 at 4:54pmpost #2523 of 27308/27/13 at 10:21pm
T5p and Quickstep is a very powerful combination. I use an ODAC in front of them and it makes a very VERY good transportable system I can bring with me to work or when traveling. I am looking forward to read about your impressions when you get it.post #2524 of 27308/28/13 at 4:51pm
The amp just arrived and ofcourse I have to go to work in an hour. Paired with DD socket 1 (muses01 edition) ,copper interconnect and lithium energizer battery here are my early impression:
- Solid built
- Portable, stacks up nicely on AK120
- Hiss is present on Ck100pro. Right out of the box it makes ck100pro sound sibilant
- Brilliant synergy with EX-1000, have not heard the ex-1000 bass this solid. A sound that is saying to the headphones (bring it on!).
- I always thought F111 is like the BA IEM version of EX-1000. Very pleased with how it pairs.
- Sounds good with T5p although I prefer the higher gain on T5p. I can't say I am liking T5p alot, it seems like I just dislike its tuning. I can safely say that I prefer IEM more than headphones.
- Clear, neutral with 4 out of 5 of my IEM which I can assume safely that it was just a synergy thing with Ck100pro.
I can say safely paired with DD socket 1 I can finally say I have my reference line up set up ready. I have not tried it with ER4S as I know if I plug it in now I will not be able to focus once I go to work. I am certain it will pair perfectly with ER4S.
Ofcourse there are cons on this amp that I yet to discover but right now the only con is not having internal charging circuit, with the amp of such price I actually prefer to get a dedicated power supply. All and all this is certainly a keeper.
I did a quiet comparsion to MHd-Q7, the bottom end on the MHd-Q7 has a bit more quantity and sound is a little more open but than again I have used that for well over 1000 hour.
It is a keeper and I am looking forward to pairing it with AK120 in futures to come.post #2525 of 27308/29/13 at 5:35ampost #2526 of 27308/29/13 at 7:23ampost #2527 of 27308/29/13 at 7:49amI had to use it as a power supply for my laptop when I forgot the power supply at home. It worked fine for two days straight. Only the laptop battery did not charge. So it is a very handy "JACK OF ALL TRADES or Swiss Army Knife" device.post #2528 of 27308/29/13 at 7:59ampost #2529 of 27308/30/13 at 5:24ampost #2530 of 27308/30/13 at 7:01pmpost #2531 of 27308/30/13 at 7:03pmpost #2532 of 27308/30/13 at 8:00pmpost #2533 of 27308/30/13 at 8:19pmpost #2534 of 27308/30/13 at 8:20pmI have found several implementations of the ESS9023 DAC (including the ODAC, Audioquest Dragonfly, and Stoner Acoustics UD100) to be a little bright for my tastes and sometimes harsh, when paired with truly neutral amps and headphones. So...... Not without sympathy, I have to say... Welcome to using an amp that lets you hear exactly what the source produces. ;-)
Perhaps a darker headphone or DAC is in order, but you might also see if you can't just adapt to the unfamiliar signature over a couple of weeks of listening to it. I know that I tend to get "formed" to a specific signature, such that it can be uncomfortable at first when moving to something different, but in time I can adjust and start enjoying it.
Mikepost #2535 of 27308/30/13 at 8:26pm
It is a nice sound amp for sure, i just opened the case to set the jumper on low gain setting but now cant close the battery lid.
EDIT: Found the solution, just open the front end, insert the battery and close it, that is the easiest way. Darn it I scratched the closing lid.
Edited by audionewbi - 8/30/13 at 8:31pm
- Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › REVIEW: Astell & Kern AK240 11 seconds ago
- › Dunu DN-1000 - Dunu's hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 2 minutes ago
- › Need advice: noble K10 vs JH roxanne 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 2 minutes ago
- › Wireless Music Transmitter? 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 3 minutes ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 2/20/2014: BoomPro... 4 minutes ago
- › Looking to Upgrade from CAL!s (~$300) 6 minutes ago
- › Best headphones for asus xonar essense STX? 7 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude