Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 168

post #2506 of 2775
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan Meier View Post

 

But overall soundsignature of the CORDA range is pretty constant. The more expensive amplifiers simply provide more detail, more power and a more fluent sound.

 

As the happy owner of 3 Meier amplifiers (Stepdance Gen 1, Jazz, and Classic) this is what my (admittedly non-golden) ears tell me as well. The Stepdance when I heard it was the most resolving amp I came across. At that time I was only dealing with portables (PA2v2, four flavors of GoVibe, RSA Hornet, and then the Stepdance). When I got the Jazz and then the classic, each one was a step up in clarity and resolution.

post #2507 of 2775

"How many watts can the Concerto ouput into the LCD 2s 60ohm impedance compared to the Classic?"

 

More than enough!

 

(around 1.5 Watts/channel with a 4V source)

post #2508 of 2775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Meier View Post

"How many watts can the Concerto ouput into the LCD 2s 60ohm impedance compared to the Classic?"

More than enough!

(around 1.5 Watts/channel with a 4V source)

Is that the Concerto or Classic?
post #2509 of 2775

They're very similar in output power!

 

:-)

Jan

post #2510 of 2775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Meier View Post

"How many watts can the Concerto ouput into the LCD 2s 60ohm impedance compared to the Classic?"

 

More than enough!

 

(around 1.5 Watts/channel with a 4V source)

Does that mean the Daccord isn't a suitable source in that scenario seeing as its only 2.2?

post #2511 of 2775

It would be great if people could share the list of batteries that they liked best with their stepdance/Quickstep. 

post #2512 of 2775
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avi View Post

As the happy owner of 3 Meier amplifiers (Stepdance Gen 1, Jazz, and Classic) this is what my (admittedly non-golden) ears tell me as well. The Stepdance when I heard it was the most resolving amp I came across. At that time I was only dealing with portables (PA2v2, four flavors of GoVibe, RSA Hornet, and then the Stepdance). When I got the Jazz and then the classic, each one was a step up in clarity and resolution.

 

That's good to hear - from someone who really knows what the Stepdance can do. 

 

Thanks!

 

Mike

post #2513 of 2775

I think if I ever was to get a dedicated desktop amp for sure classic will be on top of my list. My dealer sells is for $699 including delivery, that is a price. I think for my gears quick step should be just fine. 

 

I am looking forward to hearing it paired with T5p. 

post #2514 of 2775
Quote:
Originally Posted by audionewbi View Post

It would be great if people could share the list of batteries that they liked best with their stepdance/Quickstep. 

 

 

 

http://www.batteryjunction.com/ipowerus-9v-520.html

 

 

http://www.batteryjunction.com/ipowerus-9v-charger.html

 

 

post #2515 of 2775

Thanks. 

post #2516 of 2775
I have the 15 volt power supply allready but its not portable.
Thats how i know there is big difference between 9 and 15 volt
post #2517 of 2775
Mike you don't neeed that, dont you have the
post #2518 of 2775
The xp8000 mike?
post #2519 of 2775
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsvo614 View Post

Mike you don't neeed that, dont you have the [Energizer XP8000 + XPAL Willy Cable WI15 ?]

 

Yes, but I assumed audionewbi was asking us to list our favorite 9V batteries.  If not, then ^ that!

 

biggrin.gif

post #2520 of 2775
Thread Starter 

Soshine Li-ion. I admittedly haven't tried many others but these have been working well in my Stepdance and now Quickstep for years.

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread