- 1,151 Posts. Joined 10/2001
- Location: Cape Canaveral, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- product2STEPDANCEtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 8/19/10
- productMeier Audio CORDA HEADSIXtagged by System, 3/4/11
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/19/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- AC Power Plug for Stepdance 2. Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/7/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 2/4/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
I could not recommend these headphones more, they sound better than anything else i have had the opportunity to listen to for more than five minutes. They take the best parts of the headphones i...
UnboxingUpon unboxing, I knew what the Sony MDR-1R MK2's were intended for; luxury. It came with a box very similar to the Sennheiser HD800's packaging, very pleasing to open and everything felt of...
I have passed on buying these because i generally do not play follow the leader well,so I was bidding on a set of Sennheiser HD 598s and was outbid at the last minute but wanted something new so...
Summary I've had these for about a week now, and I have to say I like them more each day. At first I was rather worried about purchasing them, because other reviews were saying that the bass...
Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 159post #2371 of 27307/9/13 at 12:40amDid you get instructions with your Quickstep? I don't know the technical words for it but there is an area of the PCB marked High Low with three pins. To set it on high or low, there is a "connector" piece that will join pins 1 and 2 for high. If the connector is joining pins 2 and 3, the Quickstep is set to Low. I saw that mine was set to Low so I pulled out the connector and reinstalled it to connect pins 1 and 2 for High.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2372 of 27307/9/13 at 12:55amThread Starter
The Quickstep is shipped in high current mode. You have to use the included tool to take off the case and access the pcb if you want to switch it it to low.
If you are buying used, you might have an issue. Perhaps talk to the original owner...?post #2373 of 27307/9/13 at 1:45ampost #2374 of 27307/9/13 at 4:49ampost #2375 of 27307/9/13 at 5:12ampost #2376 of 27307/9/13 at 5:13amQuote:
That's true! That is, indeed, where the gain switch is located.
The current level is set via a jumper across pins on the PCB, inside the case. This jumper allows you to sacrifice sound quality for extended battery life.
Suggestion: Leave it in the high position, as shipped from Meier Audio.
Edited by zilch0md - 7/9/13 at 5:52ampost #2377 of 27307/9/13 at 5:59amI got it new so I guess it must be set to high
Thanks every one for your input
oh yeah, I got the instruction but I have to admit I did not look at it
Edited by snapple10 - 7/9/13 at 6:42ampost #2378 of 27307/9/13 at 6:30ampost #2379 of 27307/9/13 at 10:34ampost #2380 of 27307/9/13 at 11:33ampost #2381 of 27307/9/13 at 1:05pmpost #2382 of 27307/9/13 at 4:41pmpost #2383 of 27307/9/13 at 8:11pmpost #2384 of 27307/9/13 at 8:24pm
Why would Ray Samuels claim his "Protector" to be the first balanced portable amp when Meier had already used the concept of active balanced ground in the original stepdance which came out first?post #2385 of 27307/9/13 at 10:05pmQuote:
Head-Fi member Ianmedium has had the iPod Classic with Stepdance, then with RSA SR71B, then added the CLAS between Classic and SR-71B - all of that with LCD-2, then eventually replaced it all with an HM801 with a Squared Paper portable tube amp and FAD PF IX, followed by Beyerdynamic T5p.
I think he would tell you to get the HM801 and keep the QuickStep - using Line Out from the HM801 to Quickstep to phones.
Edited by zilch0md - 7/9/13 at 10:07pm
- Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 51 seconds ago
- › UE Triple FI 10 1 minute ago
- › Good <50 € earphones for running 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 1 minute ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 311 IEMs compared (HiSoundAudio BA100 added... 2 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 2 minutes ago
- › Altmann Tera Player — Impressions, Reviews & Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Matsu****a E88CC 6922 Mullard Tooling Gold Pin Matched Pair tubes 5 minutes ago
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude