- 1,282 Posts. Joined 10/2001
- Location: Cape Canaveral, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- product2STEPDANCEtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 8/19/10
- productMeier Audio CORDA HEADSIXtagged by System, 3/4/11
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/19/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- AC Power Plug for Stepdance 2. Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Here is my review for the Brainwavz BLU-200 Bluetooth earphones. I must say that I really like and respect the Brainwavz brand and that they deserve attention with their high quality/budget...
Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 159post #2371 of 29737/9/13 at 12:40amDid you get instructions with your Quickstep? I don't know the technical words for it but there is an area of the PCB marked High Low with three pins. To set it on high or low, there is a "connector" piece that will join pins 1 and 2 for high. If the connector is joining pins 2 and 3, the Quickstep is set to Low. I saw that mine was set to Low so I pulled out the connector and reinstalled it to connect pins 1 and 2 for High.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2372 of 29737/9/13 at 12:55amThread Starter
The Quickstep is shipped in high current mode. You have to use the included tool to take off the case and access the pcb if you want to switch it it to low.
If you are buying used, you might have an issue. Perhaps talk to the original owner...?post #2373 of 29737/9/13 at 1:45ampost #2374 of 29737/9/13 at 4:49ampost #2375 of 29737/9/13 at 5:12ampost #2376 of 29737/9/13 at 5:13amQuote:
That's true! That is, indeed, where the gain switch is located.
The current level is set via a jumper across pins on the PCB, inside the case. This jumper allows you to sacrifice sound quality for extended battery life.
Suggestion: Leave it in the high position, as shipped from Meier Audio.
Edited by zilch0md - 7/9/13 at 5:52ampost #2377 of 29737/9/13 at 5:59amI got it new so I guess it must be set to high
Thanks every one for your input
oh yeah, I got the instruction but I have to admit I did not look at it
Edited by snapple10 - 7/9/13 at 6:42ampost #2378 of 29737/9/13 at 6:30ampost #2379 of 29737/9/13 at 10:34ampost #2380 of 29737/9/13 at 11:33ampost #2381 of 29737/9/13 at 1:05pmpost #2382 of 29737/9/13 at 4:41pmpost #2383 of 29737/9/13 at 8:11pmpost #2384 of 29737/9/13 at 8:24pm
Why would Ray Samuels claim his "Protector" to be the first balanced portable amp when Meier had already used the concept of active balanced ground in the original stepdance which came out first?post #2385 of 29737/9/13 at 10:05pmQuote:
Head-Fi member Ianmedium has had the iPod Classic with Stepdance, then with RSA SR71B, then added the CLAS between Classic and SR-71B - all of that with LCD-2, then eventually replaced it all with an HM801 with a Squared Paper portable tube amp and FAD PF IX, followed by Beyerdynamic T5p.
I think he would tell you to get the HM801 and keep the QuickStep - using Line Out from the HM801 to Quickstep to phones.
Edited by zilch0md - 7/9/13 at 10:07pm
- Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread 45 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Sound Signature JVC HP-DX1000! TH610, TH900, TH-X00, Denon AH-Dx000? 4 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA-8 5 minutes ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S7 - Best next audiophile phone? 7 minutes ago
- › Sony releases $160 64 GB SD cards marketed for 'Premium Sound' 8 minutes ago
- › FiiO Factory Tour 2016 10 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 13 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 14 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 15 minutes ago
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Krisman
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...