- 1,291 Posts. Joined 10/2001
- Location: Frederick, Maryland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- product2STEPDANCEtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 8/19/10
- productMeier Audio CORDA HEADSIXtagged by System, 3/4/11
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/19/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- AC Power Plug for Stepdance 2. Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
In the present state of portable audio markets, with one-upmanship of driver counts (and prices) fast becoming the norm, Campfire Audio has blazed its own path by offering immaculately crafted,...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEWS ARE CREATED BY SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM AND MORE DETAILED REVIEW CAN BE FOUND ON THE WEBSITE INTRODUCTION We reviewed the VE Monk Plus recently and fell in love with it. The...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEW ARE DONE @ SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM and more insightful review can be found on our site. INTRODUCTION If you are on a budget then you are in for some good luck because...
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 159post #2371 of 30457/9/13 at 12:40amDid you get instructions with your Quickstep? I don't know the technical words for it but there is an area of the PCB marked High Low with three pins. To set it on high or low, there is a "connector" piece that will join pins 1 and 2 for high. If the connector is joining pins 2 and 3, the Quickstep is set to Low. I saw that mine was set to Low so I pulled out the connector and reinstalled it to connect pins 1 and 2 for High.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2372 of 30457/9/13 at 12:55amThread Starter
The Quickstep is shipped in high current mode. You have to use the included tool to take off the case and access the pcb if you want to switch it it to low.
If you are buying used, you might have an issue. Perhaps talk to the original owner...?post #2373 of 30457/9/13 at 1:45ampost #2374 of 30457/9/13 at 4:49ampost #2375 of 30457/9/13 at 5:12ampost #2376 of 30457/9/13 at 5:13amQuote:
That's true! That is, indeed, where the gain switch is located.
The current level is set via a jumper across pins on the PCB, inside the case. This jumper allows you to sacrifice sound quality for extended battery life.
Suggestion: Leave it in the high position, as shipped from Meier Audio.
Edited by zilch0md - 7/9/13 at 5:52ampost #2377 of 30457/9/13 at 5:59amI got it new so I guess it must be set to high
Thanks every one for your input
oh yeah, I got the instruction but I have to admit I did not look at it
Edited by snapple10 - 7/9/13 at 6:42ampost #2378 of 30457/9/13 at 6:30ampost #2379 of 30457/9/13 at 10:34ampost #2380 of 30457/9/13 at 11:33ampost #2381 of 30457/9/13 at 1:05pmpost #2382 of 30457/9/13 at 4:41pmpost #2383 of 30457/9/13 at 8:11pmpost #2384 of 30457/9/13 at 8:24pm
Why would Ray Samuels claim his "Protector" to be the first balanced portable amp when Meier had already used the concept of active balanced ground in the original stepdance which came out first?post #2385 of 30457/9/13 at 10:05pmQuote:
Head-Fi member Ianmedium has had the iPod Classic with Stepdance, then with RSA SR71B, then added the CLAS between Classic and SR-71B - all of that with LCD-2, then eventually replaced it all with an HM801 with a Squared Paper portable tube amp and FAD PF IX, followed by Beyerdynamic T5p.
I think he would tell you to get the HM801 and keep the QuickStep - using Line Out from the HM801 to Quickstep to phones.
Edited by zilch0md - 7/9/13 at 10:07pm
- Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 5 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 19 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 35 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 51 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Xonar DX vs SoundBlaster Z, using Senn. PC363D. 3 minutes ago
- › HD598 vs AD700X for surround sound/directional audio? (for gaming) 4 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › OPUS#3 Hi-Res Audio player w/wifi and streaming 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear