- 1,191 Posts. Joined 10/2001
- Location: Cape Canaveral, Florida, USA
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- product2STEPDANCEtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 8/19/10
- productMeier Audio CORDA HEADSIXtagged by System, 3/4/11
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/19/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- AC Power Plug for Stepdance 2. Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 7/10/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I said DON'T TALK !!
i never usually write reviews, but when i do, its usually with underrated earphones/headphones, because i think they do deserve some justice. just a background, i own headphones like brainwavz,...
Rather than go into the esoteric aspects of the sound signature (not really sure if all the nomenclature actually means the same thing to everyone) I'm going to approach this review from a little...
Got a good local deal on these as the are being replaced by the SoundTrue variant, which as far as I can tell, only adds a case and different colors. The Bose AE2 are a very lightweight...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 159post #2371 of 27757/9/13 at 12:40amDid you get instructions with your Quickstep? I don't know the technical words for it but there is an area of the PCB marked High Low with three pins. To set it on high or low, there is a "connector" piece that will join pins 1 and 2 for high. If the connector is joining pins 2 and 3, the Quickstep is set to Low. I saw that mine was set to Low so I pulled out the connector and reinstalled it to connect pins 1 and 2 for High.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2372 of 27757/9/13 at 12:55amThread Starter
The Quickstep is shipped in high current mode. You have to use the included tool to take off the case and access the pcb if you want to switch it it to low.
If you are buying used, you might have an issue. Perhaps talk to the original owner...?post #2373 of 27757/9/13 at 1:45ampost #2374 of 27757/9/13 at 4:49ampost #2375 of 27757/9/13 at 5:12ampost #2376 of 27757/9/13 at 5:13amQuote:
That's true! That is, indeed, where the gain switch is located.
The current level is set via a jumper across pins on the PCB, inside the case. This jumper allows you to sacrifice sound quality for extended battery life.
Suggestion: Leave it in the high position, as shipped from Meier Audio.
Edited by zilch0md - 7/9/13 at 5:52ampost #2377 of 27757/9/13 at 5:59amI got it new so I guess it must be set to high
Thanks every one for your input
oh yeah, I got the instruction but I have to admit I did not look at it
Edited by snapple10 - 7/9/13 at 6:42ampost #2378 of 27757/9/13 at 6:30ampost #2379 of 27757/9/13 at 10:34ampost #2380 of 27757/9/13 at 11:33ampost #2381 of 27757/9/13 at 1:05pmpost #2382 of 27757/9/13 at 4:41pmpost #2383 of 27757/9/13 at 8:11pmpost #2384 of 27757/9/13 at 8:24pm
Why would Ray Samuels claim his "Protector" to be the first balanced portable amp when Meier had already used the concept of active balanced ground in the original stepdance which came out first?post #2385 of 27757/9/13 at 10:05pmQuote:
Head-Fi member Ianmedium has had the iPod Classic with Stepdance, then with RSA SR71B, then added the CLAS between Classic and SR-71B - all of that with LCD-2, then eventually replaced it all with an HM801 with a Squared Paper portable tube amp and FAD PF IX, followed by Beyerdynamic T5p.
I think he would tell you to get the HM801 and keep the QuickStep - using Line Out from the HM801 to Quickstep to phones.
Edited by zilch0md - 7/9/13 at 10:07pm
- Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 52 seconds ago
- › AURALiC ARIES 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Ranking of 21 DACs and DAC Configurations (and why chocolate ice... 1 minute ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Appreciation thread....? 1 minute ago
- › Best Headset for Gaming Enthusiasts? 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1 Planar Magnetic Headphone Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Westone Elite Series ES60 by Lorias
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by emanlee
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by shockdoc
- › Bose®AE2 audio headphones by Blinxat
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)