Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 156

post #2326 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by pietcux View Post

Oh it is not that bad, I cannot hear it when I have the phones on! On the other hand. the step from 12 to 15 volt is not subtle on my setup with only 320 kb stuff from my Ipod, seems to be an audible step forward for me.

Good news! Which headphone are you using? (too lazy to scroll up and see if this has already been communicated...)

:-)
Edited by zilch0md - 6/22/13 at 4:21pm
post #2327 of 2790

Right now the Ultrasone Signature Pro is my favorite.

post #2328 of 2790

OK, so that would indeed scale nicely with more power, from what I've heard of them.  They aren't necessarily power hungry, but they aren't known for being efficient, either.

 

Enjoy!

post #2329 of 2790

Love the design of this amp, fits nicely into a small otterbox. Great for travelling.

post #2330 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by klfl View Post

Love the design of this amp, fits nicely into a small otterbox. Great for travelling.

 

That's a great way to protect it when not using it.  No scratches.  biggrin.gif

post #2331 of 2790

I put an invisible shield on mine. Although, I did buy it from utdeep, so, well... you knowtongue.gif


Edited by wormsdriver - 6/26/13 at 10:36pm
post #2332 of 2790

WOW!

 

I just got my XP8000 today, Motherflapper!! basshead.gif

 

I now officially love this little amp!

 

First and only headphone I've tried so far with the regulated 15v thingymajigg is the Grado Rs1 and it has really made a world of difference. The Grados are low impedence, but really do need some juice for them to shine.

 

Great amp!


Edited by wormsdriver - 6/27/13 at 3:28pm
post #2333 of 2790

Question, when the xp8000 is plugged into the Quickstep, does the amp's LED automatically illuminate, regardless of the position of the amp's power(volume) switch being turned off??

post #2334 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post

Question, when the xp8000 is plugged into the Quickstep, does the amp's LED automatically illuminate, regardless of the position of the amp's power(volume) switch being turned off??

yup

post #2335 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post

yup

 

Thanks! I assume with no ill-effects?

post #2336 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post

 

Thanks! I assume with no ill-effects?

I have no idea, to be honest.

 

I just assume somebody would've said something by now, if there were any worries.

 

I had also tried it with a wallwart I had lying around, and the light turns on even when the amp is off.

post #2337 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by wormsdriver View Post

I have no idea, to be honest.

I just assume somebody would've said something by now, if there were any worries.

I had also tried it with a wallwart I had lying around, and the light turns on even when the amp is off.

Then I am going to assume this is normal.
post #2338 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodcans View Post


Then I am going to assume this is normal.

 

Yes - it's perfectly OK.  We all experience this with external power.  smile.gif

post #2339 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post

Yes - it's perfectly OK.  We all experience this with external power.  smile.gif

This is described in the Stepdance manual. Perfectly normal.
post #2340 of 2790
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Scott Ireland View Post


This is described in the Stepdance manual. Perfectly normal.

 

 

Great. Thank you all very much!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread