yeah, that's where my Quickstep came from (utdeep).
Recent Images In This Thread
- product2STEPDANCEtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 8/19/10
- productMeier Audio CORDA HEADSIXtagged by System, 3/4/11
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/19/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- AC Power Plug for Stepdance 2. Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First things first: I would like to thank Lin and RHA for the opportunity to test these IEMs and provide my honest opinion of them in return. It really is great that this community allows this...
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 155post #2311 of 29006/20/13 at 9:37pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2312 of 29006/20/13 at 9:45pmQuote:
I bought it from Amazon Warehouse Deals. Much to my surprise, not only is the battery pack defective, the power indicator button was broken also. I bought it for $54 USD. Amazon will refund me the money, but they will not replace it for another one.
I really didn't want to dish out $90+USD for a battery pack, but I guess I'll have to.post #2313 of 29006/20/13 at 9:49pmYes. Now I'm itching to get one again. The QuickStep is an addiction I just can't seem to kick.
Will one of you give me a QuickStep back so I don't have to burn in a new one with an AK100 and an LCD3? I feel pathetic.post #2314 of 29006/20/13 at 10:35pmpost #2315 of 29006/21/13 at 6:25amJust got my Willy cable to work. As I could not find an adapter, I just soldered the required plug to the cable. Works very well. Even with my 32 ohm Signature DJ headphone, the bass is substantial more powerfull than with the 12 volt setup.post #2316 of 29006/21/13 at 6:27ampost #2317 of 29006/21/13 at 6:53ampost #2318 of 29006/21/13 at 7:12amQuote:
Don't give in to temptation! Stay on the wagon.
Seriously, I haven't heard it with the IEM I need it for yet because it's on loan. But by the time I do, Meier's sale will be over so maybe if you really want one back guaranteed, you'd be better off just getting a third one? =/
Sorry!post #2319 of 29006/21/13 at 7:21ampost #2320 of 29006/21/13 at 7:31amListening to Charnett Moffett solo acoustic bass album The Bridge right now at work. Just so powerfull at 15 volt on the Sinature DJs. Thanks Mike for making the Willy cable public to us. And thaks to Jan Meier for creating such amazing and powerfull amps.post #2321 of 29006/21/13 at 7:38ampost #2322 of 29006/21/13 at 11:36ampost #2323 of 29006/21/13 at 12:48pm
Hi Mike, the Willy cable makes a high frequent audible noise. Not audible when wearing closed cans, but it is a constant noise that might annoy the people around you. Is that only my cable or do you experience the same? Is there a coil inside? These can make such noise.post #2324 of 29006/21/13 at 9:20pmWow, that's the first I've heard of this. I don't know how to advise you. I've always suspected that cylinder is a switch mode power supply. Can you muffle it with felt?post #2325 of 29006/22/13 at 3:09pm
Oh it is not that bad, I cannot hear it when I have the phones on! On the other hand. the step from 12 to 15 volt is not subtle on my setup with only 320 kb stuff from my Ipod, seems to be an audible step forward for me.
- Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Light Harmonic Geek Wave 24 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 59 seconds ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › RHA T20 by Wyd4
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3