Ok thanks for clearing that one up. But is the XP8000 the best Battery pack for the Quickstep or are there others I can look out for?
Recent Images In This Thread
- product2STEPDANCEtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 8/19/10
- productMeier Audio CORDA HEADSIXtagged by System, 3/4/11
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/19/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- AC Power Plug for Stepdance 2. Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an accurate...
Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 140
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2087 of 30452/7/13 at 12:58am
It's the most well known one. You can probably find others by doing a search for laptop portable batteries/chargers.
Edited by Armaegis - 2/7/13 at 1:08ampost #2088 of 30452/7/13 at 3:16pm
I would buy it again, no question. It runs the Amp very powerful @ 12 volt and you can even get to 15 volt if needed. But that is only for high Ohm phones I believe. It is very nice to be able to run my Stepdance for a whole week without bothering about drained batteries.post #2089 of 30452/7/13 at 3:34pmpost #2090 of 30452/7/13 at 9:27pmQuote:
12 Volts is 12 Volts, as long as the wall adapter is a linear power supply and not a switch-mode power supply. Ideally, you want a regulated, linear power supply. Switch-mode power supplies can generate noise. A good wall 12V wall adpater will sound just as good as a 12V battery pack.
Mikepost #2091 of 30452/7/13 at 10:07pmpost #2092 of 30452/7/13 at 10:17pmpost #2093 of 30452/8/13 at 3:18pm
The Meier Audio portable amps cannot draw more than about 1A (1000 mA), but it's OK to use a power supply rated higher than that - 3A, for example.
Just make sure the voltage is not more than 16V DC, regulated. I know the manual and the screen printing at the rear of the Stepdance indicate a maximum of 15 Volts, but Jan Meier once posted to this thread that you can go as high as 16 Volts. Generally speaking, the higher the input voltage, the better the sound quality.
This is pretty much ideal, in my opinion, except that it might not be regulated:
Enercell™ 15V/1000mA AC Adapter
Radio Shack Model # 273-332
You would also need their Adaptaplug H (for use with the Meier portable amp power jacks, that require a 3.5mm OD, 1.3mm ID barrel connector.)
Enercell™ Adaptaplug™ H
Radio Shack Model # 273-340
Mikepost #2094 of 30452/8/13 at 3:21pm
Oops! I just noticed via your profile that you're in Melbourne! Oh well. Hopefully you can find something at the right voltage and amperage, there.
Mikepost #2095 of 30452/20/13 at 1:42pm
Yeah, but an adapter may say 16V and output 16.25V which runs the risk of damaging the unit. Better to go with 15V and have a bit of headroom.
Shouldn't the aluminum electrolytic caps remove noise coming from switching power supplies?post #2096 of 30452/20/13 at 7:48pmQuote:
That's why it is better to get a regulated adapter. They will tell you the +/- xx% so you'll know the tolerance.
Caps will smooth down ripples, but it also depends on how bad it is.post #2097 of 30452/20/13 at 9:14pmThread Starterpost #2098 of 30452/21/13 at 2:39pm
I'm still running this daily with my Stepdance: <http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_162996_-1> Onl outputs 500mA, though.
You have to get an adapter sleeve, though. I think Zilchm0d found a way to just purchase the right one instead of a set.post #2099 of 30453/6/13 at 5:55pm
Hi, I'm interested in buying a Meier Quickstep but wanted to confirm it has good bass impact? I'm tossing up between this and the RSA Predator/Mustang - not sure they pair well with Denon D5000's due to their wrmer sound signature?post #2100 of 30453/6/13 at 6:20pmI've never heard the D5000, but as you've intimated, the RSA house sound is warm, where the Quickstep is spectacularly neutral. Bass impact will vary with the efficiency of your headphones and the supply voltage to the Quickstep (up to 15VDC). With IEMs or really efficient headphones, an increase in supply voltage (above the 9V internal battery), would likely make no audible difference. I really don't know how "hard" the D5000 is to drive, but the LCD-2, for example, really comes to life with more power - which translates to improved bass.
- Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 18 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 20 seconds ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 33 seconds ago
- › alo rx mk-b 47 seconds ago
- › Desktop Dac? Possibly with Balanced outputs? Mqa?! aargh! 4 minutes ago
- › Walnut Hi-Fi V2 WAV (& MP3) Player by wt - 👌 screenless budget... 4 minutes ago
- › Requesting HGPL File for headphone - help please! 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 5 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 5 minutes ago
- › Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line,... 6 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear