Ok thanks for clearing that one up. But is the XP8000 the best Battery pack for the Quickstep or are there others I can look out for?
Recent Images In This Thread
- product2STEPDANCEtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 8/19/10
- productMeier Audio CORDA HEADSIXtagged by System, 3/4/11
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/19/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- AC Power Plug for Stepdance 2. Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I would like to start by saying thank you to Penon Audio for letting me check out the SHOZY Lancea. The Lacea was sent to me in exchange for my honest opinion of it. The SHOZY Lancea is available...
Fidelio X2 is a really nice headphone at this price point. I paid only 190 USD for a new pair and cannot be more happy with the purchase. X2 sounds very open and has an airy soundstage. Still the...
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 140post #2086 of 29022/6/13 at 11:45pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2087 of 29022/7/13 at 12:58am
It's the most well known one. You can probably find others by doing a search for laptop portable batteries/chargers.
Edited by Armaegis - 2/7/13 at 1:08ampost #2088 of 29022/7/13 at 3:16pm
I would buy it again, no question. It runs the Amp very powerful @ 12 volt and you can even get to 15 volt if needed. But that is only for high Ohm phones I believe. It is very nice to be able to run my Stepdance for a whole week without bothering about drained batteries.post #2089 of 29022/7/13 at 3:34pmpost #2090 of 29022/7/13 at 9:27pmQuote:
12 Volts is 12 Volts, as long as the wall adapter is a linear power supply and not a switch-mode power supply. Ideally, you want a regulated, linear power supply. Switch-mode power supplies can generate noise. A good wall 12V wall adpater will sound just as good as a 12V battery pack.
Mikepost #2091 of 29022/7/13 at 10:07pmpost #2092 of 29022/7/13 at 10:17pmpost #2093 of 29022/8/13 at 3:18pm
The Meier Audio portable amps cannot draw more than about 1A (1000 mA), but it's OK to use a power supply rated higher than that - 3A, for example.
Just make sure the voltage is not more than 16V DC, regulated. I know the manual and the screen printing at the rear of the Stepdance indicate a maximum of 15 Volts, but Jan Meier once posted to this thread that you can go as high as 16 Volts. Generally speaking, the higher the input voltage, the better the sound quality.
This is pretty much ideal, in my opinion, except that it might not be regulated:
Enercell™ 15V/1000mA AC Adapter
Radio Shack Model # 273-332
You would also need their Adaptaplug H (for use with the Meier portable amp power jacks, that require a 3.5mm OD, 1.3mm ID barrel connector.)
Enercell™ Adaptaplug™ H
Radio Shack Model # 273-340
Mikepost #2094 of 29022/8/13 at 3:21pm
Oops! I just noticed via your profile that you're in Melbourne! Oh well. Hopefully you can find something at the right voltage and amperage, there.
Mikepost #2095 of 29022/20/13 at 1:42pm
Yeah, but an adapter may say 16V and output 16.25V which runs the risk of damaging the unit. Better to go with 15V and have a bit of headroom.
Shouldn't the aluminum electrolytic caps remove noise coming from switching power supplies?post #2096 of 29022/20/13 at 7:48pmQuote:
That's why it is better to get a regulated adapter. They will tell you the +/- xx% so you'll know the tolerance.
Caps will smooth down ripples, but it also depends on how bad it is.post #2097 of 29022/20/13 at 9:14pmThread Starterpost #2098 of 29022/21/13 at 2:39pm
I'm still running this daily with my Stepdance: <http://www.jameco.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10001_10001_162996_-1> Onl outputs 500mA, though.
You have to get an adapter sleeve, though. I think Zilchm0d found a way to just purchase the right one instead of a set.post #2099 of 29023/6/13 at 5:55pm
Hi, I'm interested in buying a Meier Quickstep but wanted to confirm it has good bass impact? I'm tossing up between this and the RSA Predator/Mustang - not sure they pair well with Denon D5000's due to their wrmer sound signature?post #2100 of 29023/6/13 at 6:20pmI've never heard the D5000, but as you've intimated, the RSA house sound is warm, where the Quickstep is spectacularly neutral. Bass impact will vary with the efficiency of your headphones and the supply voltage to the Quickstep (up to 15VDC). With IEMs or really efficient headphones, an increase in supply voltage (above the 9V internal battery), would likely make no audible difference. I really don't know how "hard" the D5000 is to drive, but the LCD-2, for example, really comes to life with more power - which translates to improved bass.
- Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 36 seconds ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 41 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 58 seconds ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Akg K400 3 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 4 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Bette hybrid review by jekostas. PG 1972. 4 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 341 IEMs compared (Zipbuds PRO added 08/18/15 p.... 5 minutes ago
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by muxamed
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2