Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 137

post #2041 of 2819

I wonder how this amp sounds with westone 4r!

post #2042 of 2819

cheeq88.....can you please direct me to where you got this please.

post #2043 of 2819
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zluk View Post

I wonder how this amp sounds with westone 4r!

 

The Stepdance (same amp as the Quickstep but older and bigger) sounds great with the Westone 4. Fast, clean, crisp and utterly black: no hiss.

 

(I have to get a Quickstep - I will eventually - but I don't actually mind the heft of my Stepdance. We have grown quite attached.)

post #2044 of 2819

Sure is hard parting company with something that you've gotten quite attached to, especially when it does everything so well.....tough descision I think.....But I can see why you would want the Quickstep.....Do you have room for both maybe?

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc View Post
 

 

The Stepdance (same amp as the Quickstep but older and bigger) sounds great with the Westone 4. Fast, clean, crisp and utterly black: no hiss.

 

(I have to get a Quickstep - I will eventually - but I don't actually mind the heft of my Stepdance. We have grown quite attached.)

post #2045 of 2819
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by maguire View Post

Sure is hard parting company with something that you've gotten quite attached to, especially when it does everything so well.....tough descision I think.....But I can see why you would want the Quickstep.....Do you have room for both maybe?

 

Actually I do. The Stepdance would stay at home for driving my Piano Forte IX. In that context, the extra weight and size is a plus. The Quickstep would then be my portable.

 

The thing that is slowing me down is that so much good stuff is coming out right now - and generally it is higher priority since the Stepdance does its dual duty well. For example, I just pre-ordered an iPad Mini...

post #2046 of 2819

Mate.....I know exactly how you feel....I would already have the Quickstep by now myself....redface.gif

post #2047 of 2819

Yeah...I just ordered a Quickstep regular_smile%20.gif ...my first amplifier purchase in almost two years.

 

I am getting tired of the all the RF-noise in my iQube since most of my listening is from Spotify on the iPhone... 


Edited by rasmushorn - 11/5/12 at 5:07am
post #2048 of 2819
Thread Starter 

Great, rasmushorn, we need some more impressions. I am especially looking forward to hearing how it does filtering out the iPhone RF interference.

post #2049 of 2819

Here's a quick note regarding Jan Meier's fantastic customer service...

 

For fear of setting up expectations that might leave Jan feeling obliged to go the extra mile when it would be unreasonable to do so, I'm going to omit the details of our recent transaction, but I am nevertheless compelled to shout my praises for Jan Meier - he bent over backwards and then some to do some repair work on one of my two Stepdance amps.

 

It would be nearly impossible to exaggerate Jan Meier's commitment to customer satisfaction.  In a niche market like Head-Fi, vendors like Jan Meier are very precious.

 

Mike

post #2050 of 2819
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post

Here's a quick note regarding Jan Meier's fantastic customer service...

 

For fear of setting up expectations that might leave Jan feeling obliged to go the extra mile when it would be unreasonable to do so, I'm going to omit the details of our recent transaction, but I am nevertheless compelled to shout my praises for Jan Meier - he bent over backwards and then some to do some repair work on one of my two Stepdance amps.

 

It would be nearly impossible to exaggerate Jan Meier's commitment to customer satisfaction.  In a niche market like Head-Fi, vendors like Jan Meier are very precious.

 

Mike

 

I can only echo that! I have bought a few amps from Jan through the years and it has always been a pleasure to do business with him. 

post #2051 of 2819
Quote:
Originally Posted by zilch0md View Post
It would be nearly impossible to exaggerate Jan Meier's commitment to customer satisfaction.  In a niche market like Head-Fi, vendors like Jan Meier are very precious.

 

Agreed. I have nothing but praise for Dr. Meier and his customer service.

post #2052 of 2819

I received my Quickstep today and I am very impressed. I might be under new-toy-syndrome influence but I am so impressed by the black background of the Quickstep.

 

I did not expect it to be better than the iQube to be honest. I sold my P-51 Mustang last month because I liked the iQube better soundwise. Right out of the box the Quickstep easily beats my old iQube. Especially the treble is much more open and mids are more open. Everything seems to be much more in control with the Quickstep. This surprised me to be honest. I have loved the sound from my iQube for years with everything from HD650, SR325i and T70. Now I have been cutting down my headphone collection to be Beyerdynamic T5p+T70p and ER-4S for transport. Both the T5p and T70p sounds better paired with the Quickstep. This is such a great portable amp and at a great price - I could buy two of these for the price of some of the other brands (L3+SR-71b, Intruder, RX MKIII + Customs and import taxes) and still have money left. 

 

I can also confirm, and this might be even more important than the better sound quality, that there is ABSOLUTELY no audible noise from RF. This is having the Quickstep as a sandwich with my iPhone 5. No matter if the iPhone is in a call, downloads files from WiFi or 3G (havn't tried 4G/LTE) there is an absolutely BLACK background!!

 

I can not recommend this amp enough!

 

A few dusty pictures from the cellphone camera. 

 

 

 

post #2053 of 2819

Sweet!  Thanks for your initial impressions!   

 

Mike

post #2054 of 2819
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmushorn View Post

I received my Quickstep today and I am very impressed. I might be under new-toy-syndrome influence but I am so impressed by the black background of the Quickstep.

 

I did not expect it to be better than the iQube to be honest. I sold my P-51 Mustang last month because I liked the iQube better soundwise. Right out of the box the Quickstep easily beats my old iQube. Especially the treble is much more open and mids are more open. Everything seems to be much more in control with the Quickstep. This surprised me to be honest. I have loved the sound from my iQube for years with everything from HD650, SR325i and T70. Now I have been cutting down my headphone collection to be Beyerdynamic T5p+T70p and ER-4S for transport. Both the T5p and T70p sounds better paired with the Quickstep. This is such a great portable amp and at a great price - I could buy two of these for the price of some of the other brands (L3+SR-71b, Intruder, RX MKIII + Customs and import taxes) and still have money left. 

 

I can also confirm, and this might be even more important than the better sound quality, that there is ABSOLUTELY no audible noise from RF. This is having the Quickstep as a sandwich with my iPhone 5. No matter if the iPhone is in a call, downloads files from WiFi or 3G (havn't tried 4G/LTE) there is an absolutely BLACK background!!

 

I can not recommend this amp enough!

 

A few dusty pictures from the cellphone camera. 

 

 

Awesome. (Not a word that I use lightly)

 

Thanks for the impressions. Glad that you like it.

post #2055 of 2819

The Quickstep continues to please me. WIth the T5p I truly feel that I have found a great combo to be used everywhere. At home I connect a 12V PSU and the 9V batteries are easy to find everywhere when traveling. With the Quickstep I enjoy my ER-4S more than I have done with any other amplifier before. It blows a lot of air in to the ER-4S soundstage and they sound more dynamic than with any other portable amplifier.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread