Right, that's PCStep, not quickstep, I didn't scroll down enough to see the quickstep.
Recent Images In This Thread
- product2STEPDANCEtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 8/19/10
- productMeier Audio CORDA HEADSIXtagged by System, 3/4/11
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/19/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- AC Power Plug for Stepdance 2. Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 6/26/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I first joined Head-Fi in November of 2014. At the time I owned a couple of pairs of IEM’s, and had just purchased my first DAP (Fiio X3) and over ear headphones (Sennheiser HD598). I really...
So these headphones only came-in for me three days ago. I got them used on Amazon for $240, and have listened to them about 10 hours a day (seriously) since I got them, for a total of over 30...
Before I start this review, I would like to thank Creative for sending out a Roar 2 unit to me. I’m quite surprised myself that prior to this, I had never heard a Creative product before, despite...
The Rockmaster OE (along with its sister product the Rockmaster IE) is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this...
The Rockmaster IE is a new offering from Encore that explores crowdfunding as a way to produce high quality yet low priced items. They can do this by selecting OEM manufacturers and customizing the...
Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 132post #1966 of 29027/24/12 at 8:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1967 of 29027/25/12 at 6:00ampost #1968 of 29027/25/12 at 6:07amThread Starter
I checked that before. The measurements on the Meier site suggest that the Quickstep is shorter in length by 1 millimeter. So essentially no difference.
Edited by cooperpwc - 7/25/12 at 6:59ampost #1969 of 29027/26/12 at 8:40ampost #1970 of 29028/6/12 at 9:52amThread Starterpost #1971 of 29028/6/12 at 10:19ampost #1972 of 29028/6/12 at 7:45pm
My MacBook Air shows that it is "Burr-Brown Japan PCM2702".
Edited by chowyeung - 8/6/12 at 7:47pmpost #1973 of 29028/6/12 at 9:24pmpost #1974 of 29028/7/12 at 1:50am
"Does anyone know what was the dac in the 3move?"
The 3MOVE did use the PCM2702. It is a very decent one-chip solution. Not really high-end but very enjoyable in its standard implementation.
The PCSTEP uses the same chip. However, there is a major difference in that I have modified the standard implementation and thus have been able to improve sound quality noticably.
Janpost #1975 of 29028/7/12 at 9:12ampost #1976 of 29028/20/12 at 2:48pmpost #1977 of 29028/20/12 at 7:25pmThread Starter
So the price is $385 including shipping outside the EU, €345 within. That is about what I expected.
I cannot spring for this just yet... Fortunately my original Stepdance is still rocking and rolling. We can look forward to seeing some more impressions of the Quickstep soon.post #1978 of 29028/20/12 at 10:57pm
Does the Quickstep have 15V DC input like the Stepdance does? I lent my Stepdance to a guy and may never see its return unfortunately. The sound of 15V Stepdance with LCD2 never fails to amaze me.post #1979 of 29028/20/12 at 11:27pmThread Starter
Ouch!Quote:Does the Quickstep have 15V DC input like the Stepdance does? ... The sound of 15V Stepdance with LCD2 never fails to amaze me.
According to Jan's site, it has that same spec as the Stepdance:
Supply voltage: 6 .. (9) .. 15 Volts DC
- Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 22 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 36 seconds ago
- › "Best" USB DAC/Amp for $300 or less 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Why are the PS1000e so underrated?! 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY AUDIO ENGINEERING LAUNCH NEW CAMPAIGN FOR HIGH-END SPORTS... 3 minutes ago
- › New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed. 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by hakushondaimao
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by goodyfresh
- › Creative Sound Blaster Roar 2 Portable NFC Bluetooth Speaker with... by lin0003
- › Encore RockMaster OE by Armaegis
- › Encore RockMaster IE by Armaegis
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2