Right, that's PCStep, not quickstep, I didn't scroll down enough to see the quickstep.
Recent Images In This Thread
- product2STEPDANCEtagged by System, 2/28/13
- productFiiO E11tagged by System, 8/18/11
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/25/11
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 3/4/11
- brandMeier Audiotagged by System, 8/19/10
- productMeier Audio CORDA HEADSIXtagged by System, 3/4/11
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 8/19/10
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 8/19/10
- productWestone ES 5tagged by System, 3/22/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please help: quiet headphones for travel by bike and train Last post on 4/18/13 at 2:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- AC Power Plug for Stepdance 2. Last post on 9/17/11 at 7:20pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- In-Ear headphone and Portable Amp for Electronic music. Last post on 9/9/11 at 6:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- anyone tried the leckerton amps with the opa 627? Last post on 6/19/12 at 7:21am in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I'll start off by saying I am by no means an audiophile, just a kid with some money and a passion for music. These headphones, as far as I can tell, have more prominent mids than most...
Let me just say one thing up front: if you have any complaints about the speed or the bass extension of these headphones, you need a better headphone amp. /endofdiscussion The HD600s will take the...
Sound is neutral with a slight mid bass tilt. Highs and lows are well extended. Sound stage is large for an iem. The bass has some impact without being boomy. The treble is clear without...
Thanks to Vivian from DUNU, I was able to listen to the best IEMs I place in my ears. I have reviewed a few IEMs such as the MEELEC M9, A151, CC51, M-DUO, JVC FXT90 and recently the Havi B3P1, but...
These have nice dynamics and are flatter than some headphones. Despite that the low-end still has enough gusto to bring tracks to life. Another benefit is the detachable cable which uses a 5N OFC...
Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread - Page 132post #1966 of 28717/24/12 at 8:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #1967 of 28717/25/12 at 6:00ampost #1968 of 28717/25/12 at 6:07amThread Starter
I checked that before. The measurements on the Meier site suggest that the Quickstep is shorter in length by 1 millimeter. So essentially no difference.
Edited by cooperpwc - 7/25/12 at 6:59ampost #1969 of 28717/26/12 at 8:40ampost #1970 of 28718/6/12 at 9:52amThread Starterpost #1971 of 28718/6/12 at 10:19ampost #1972 of 28718/6/12 at 7:45pm
My MacBook Air shows that it is "Burr-Brown Japan PCM2702".
Edited by chowyeung - 8/6/12 at 7:47pmpost #1973 of 28718/6/12 at 9:24pmpost #1974 of 28718/7/12 at 1:50am
"Does anyone know what was the dac in the 3move?"
The 3MOVE did use the PCM2702. It is a very decent one-chip solution. Not really high-end but very enjoyable in its standard implementation.
The PCSTEP uses the same chip. However, there is a major difference in that I have modified the standard implementation and thus have been able to improve sound quality noticably.
Janpost #1975 of 28718/7/12 at 9:12ampost #1976 of 28718/20/12 at 2:48pmpost #1977 of 28718/20/12 at 7:25pmThread Starter
So the price is $385 including shipping outside the EU, €345 within. That is about what I expected.
I cannot spring for this just yet... Fortunately my original Stepdance is still rocking and rolling. We can look forward to seeing some more impressions of the Quickstep soon.post #1978 of 28718/20/12 at 10:57pm
Does the Quickstep have 15V DC input like the Stepdance does? I lent my Stepdance to a guy and may never see its return unfortunately. The sound of 15V Stepdance with LCD2 never fails to amaze me.post #1979 of 28718/20/12 at 11:27pmThread Starter
Ouch!Quote:Does the Quickstep have 15V DC input like the Stepdance does? ... The sound of 15V Stepdance with LCD2 never fails to amaze me.
According to Jan's site, it has that same spec as the Stepdance:
Supply voltage: 6 .. (9) .. 15 Volts DC
- Meier Audio Quickstep (also Stepdance and 2Stepdance) Discussion and Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › iFi iDSD Micro VS Chord HUGO 13 seconds ago
- › Repairing Monoprice 605500 5-in Powered Monitor Speakers - Need New... 37 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 39 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › Power vs Volume 1 minute ago
- › Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread 2 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Miles Davis Trumpet High Performance In-ear Headphones by Merfolk
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Niyologist
- › Goldring DR100 High Fidelity Stereo Headphones by interpolate
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Delance26
- › AudioMinor Headphone Cables by Baycode
- › Etymotic Research Isolator MK5 Noise-Isolating In-Ear Earphones by eyal1983
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Gold by Frank I
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Inks
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3