IDK, what would I rather have? A good pair of headphones or an S9 for $200?
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 8/18/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 8/18/10
- productHiFiMAN 602tagged by System, 8/18/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/18/10
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 8/18/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 2 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB Video MP3 Player (Red)tagged by System, 8/18/10
Related Forum Threads
- My letter to Sandisk Sansa - Praising them for 3 years of 99% stress free listening. I HOPE... Last post on 7/17/10 at 3:55pm in Portable Source Gear
- Great SQ... excluding the SFLO2 Last post on 6/27/10 at 12:32am in Portable Source Gear
- Not impressed with Sansa Fuze SQ Last post on 7/19/10 at 3:52pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking a new portable source Last post on 6/26/10 at 7:42am in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman 601 vs 602 Last post on 8/21/12 at 10:17am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Before I begin my review, I would like to Thank Meelectronics for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. It seems that everywhere you look you see another new...
The Philps Fidelio X2 was purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Philips. Introduction: The Philips Fidelio X2 is Philips top of the line full size open headphones. I picked up...
Still burning-in, but I can already say they are by far the best sounding IEM's I've ever heard. Fantastically clear/clean through the mids and treble - tremendous detail resolution without things...
$250 (got mine 10% off from a promo code on theheadphonelist.com but it was only valid for 2014) - 2 Balanced armature Drivers - 1 Bass Driver - 1 High Frequency Driver - 1 sound bore -...
Intro There are very few headphones which have survived three decades and still remain as the main workhorse for many sound professionals around the world. The Sony MDR-7506 started out as...
Best portable music player for $200? - Page 2post #16 of 188/17/10 at 10:02amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 188/17/10 at 10:06am
Depends. What are you using right now for music?
I can see you have the UE SuperFi 5's, which are pretty good. You may just be satisfied with those alone.
As for my vote, I would get the S9 first, and come back to headphones later. Since you already have a nice pair. Besides, the S9 can bend, twist, distort, and do all kind of stuff do your current music. This allows you to have much more customization when it comes to how you want you music / headphones to sound.
It's entirely your decision though.
- Best portable music player for $200?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 18 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 44 seconds ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 56 seconds ago
- › Grado SR225 Thread 1 minute ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 1 minute ago
- › The "Burden of proof" vs "A post describing how science works" 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rank the most accurate headphones you've heard. 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 3 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi® Matrix2 AF62 Stereo Bluetooth®... by twister6
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by peter123
- › Sennheiser IE800 by Lan647
- › Perfect Seal SportBud Silver by DreamKing
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by RudeWolf
- › Grado Labs SR80e by Pokemonn
- › Aune B1 by money4me247
- › Hippo Biscuit by BruceBanner
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones by remwang
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2