IDK, what would I rather have? A good pair of headphones or an S9 for $200?
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 8/18/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 8/18/10
- productHiFiMAN 602tagged by System, 8/18/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/18/10
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 8/18/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 2 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB Video MP3 Player (Red)tagged by System, 8/18/10
Related Forum Threads
- My letter to Sandisk Sansa - Praising them for 3 years of 99% stress free listening. I HOPE... Last post on 7/17/10 at 3:55pm in Portable Source Gear
- Great SQ... excluding the SFLO2 Last post on 6/27/10 at 12:32am in Portable Source Gear
- Not impressed with Sansa Fuze SQ Last post on 7/19/10 at 3:52pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking a new portable source Last post on 6/26/10 at 7:42am in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman 601 vs 602 Last post on 8/21/12 at 10:17am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Purchased this system off of Ebay. Overall very good sound, impressive sound output with powerful bass response, at its price point ($250} I think it is the system to beat, the satellites sound...
I got these from Amazon. Truth be told, I was a bit skeptical due to lack of reviews at the time (positive or negative). But I was ordering my Crossfade LPs [they good or bad, is an entirely...
These have been a real dream to listen to. They have a really good range of sound not artificial sounding at all. They have have as a matter fact excellent tremble. They don't pull the mids to...
Ok! Point number 1: horrible button layout! Point number 2: excellent sound quality! The stock theme is badly designed. EDIT: There are custom themes that make the player look much...
I’ve had my Dragon Inspire IHA-1 now for a sufficient time period to post my thoughts. I will use a subjective 5 point scoring system. Setup: Power Conditioning: Blue Circle...
Best portable music player for $200? - Page 2post #16 of 188/17/10 at 10:02amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 188/17/10 at 10:06am
Depends. What are you using right now for music?
I can see you have the UE SuperFi 5's, which are pretty good. You may just be satisfied with those alone.
As for my vote, I would get the S9 first, and come back to headphones later. Since you already have a nice pair. Besides, the S9 can bend, twist, distort, and do all kind of stuff do your current music. This allows you to have much more customization when it comes to how you want you music / headphones to sound.
It's entirely your decision though.
- Best portable music player for $200?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 21 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 50 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 55 seconds ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 2 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Heaven IV Review by mark2410 3 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 3 minutes ago
- › EQ cure all? 5 minutes ago
- › Power amp recommendations for headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Corsair Gaming Audio Series SP2500 High-Power 2.1 PC Speaker System... by Croozer
- › V-MODA Bass Freq Metal In-Ear Noise-Isolating Headphone (Gunmetal... by atkhan
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by Ragingfighter
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by hstubc
- › Inspire by Dennis Had IHA-1 Dragon Version by BlakeT
- › MP4Nation Brainwavz M1 by JoeDoe
- › Koss RUK 30K Noise Isolating In-Ear Stereophone, Black by ajlan
- › Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi by Ataka
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)