IDK, what would I rather have? A good pair of headphones or an S9 for $200?
- categoryDigital Audio FLAC MP3 Playerstagged by System, 8/18/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 8/18/10
- productHiFiMAN 602tagged by System, 8/18/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/18/10
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 8/18/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 2 GB Video MP3 Player (Black)tagged by System, 8/18/10
- productSanDisk Sansa Fuze 4 GB Video MP3 Player (Red)tagged by System, 8/18/10
Related Forum Threads
- My letter to Sandisk Sansa - Praising them for 3 years of 99% stress free listening. I HOPE... Last post on 7/17/10 at 3:55pm in Portable Source Gear
- Great SQ... excluding the SFLO2 Last post on 6/27/10 at 12:32am in Portable Source Gear
- Not impressed with Sansa Fuze SQ Last post on 7/19/10 at 3:52pm in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking a new portable source Last post on 6/26/10 at 7:42am in Portable Source Gear
- Hifiman 601 vs 602 Last post on 8/21/12 at 10:17am in Portable Source Gear
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Ultra-High-End Headphones...
Last edited: 8/2/13
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)Last edited: 12/28/12
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
Best portable music player for $200? - Page 2post #16 of 188/17/10 at 10:02amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 188/17/10 at 10:06am
Depends. What are you using right now for music?
I can see you have the UE SuperFi 5's, which are pretty good. You may just be satisfied with those alone.
As for my vote, I would get the S9 first, and come back to headphones later. Since you already have a nice pair. Besides, the S9 can bend, twist, distort, and do all kind of stuff do your current music. This allows you to have much more customization when it comes to how you want you music / headphones to sound.
It's entirely your decision though.
- Best portable music player for $200?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
- › Lets Talk Metal 29 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 1 minute ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 1 minute ago
- › LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › New hybrid amp by Little Dot, I+ 2 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 3 minutes ago
- › Yulong Sabre D18 thread: reviews, impressions, discussion (full... 3 minutes ago
- › Clarity One EB110 Review 5 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 7 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob