Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › List of DACs that work with iPad
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

List of DACs that work with iPad - Page 64

post #946 of 953
Current set up, iPad Pro, Lightening to USB Camera Adaptor, USB to powered hub to Anne T1 (DAC/Amp) to Sennheiser HD600. I also used this set up with my iPhone 6s, but when it upgraded to IOS 10 none of the apps would play though it. I tried Classics Online, Tidal, Spotify, Amazon Music, FLAC Player even iTunes and none would play through the lightening connector, each one would simply freeze when I pushed the play icon. All of these work without a problem with the iPad (and worked with the iPhone before the IOS X upgrade) does anyone have any insight into this problem.
post #947 of 953
I can't add anything other than to say on my iphone6s+ running iOS 10 (currently 10.1 beta 5) I use Spotify, FLAC player, tidal etc into my Chord Mojo & Hugo without freezes. Not helpful I know. Sorry. I do get the sound corrupting randomly if I make heavy use of the iPhone while simultaneously playing music so I will try a clean install of 10.1 when it reaches final status.
post #948 of 953

Newbie here.  I got referred to this thread by another member.  

 

Question:  I have an iPhone 5S.  I was thinking of getting one of Ray Samuels amps, perhaps the Predator with the DAC built in and a USB input.  Is there any way to extract the raw music files from the iPhone, bypassing the iPhone's DAC, and feed them directly into Ray's Predator?

 

Thanks!

 

Martin

post #949 of 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMartinB View Post

Newbie here.  I got referred to this thread by another member.  

Question:  I have an iPhone 5S.  I was thinking of getting one of Ray Samuels amps, perhaps the Predator with the DAC built in and a USB input.  Is there any way to extract the raw music files from the iPhone, bypassing the iPhone's DAC, and feed them directly into Ray's Predator?

Thanks!

Martin

The Apple Camera Connection Kit and the Onkyo HF Player app.
post #950 of 953

Thanks for that.  Is the Onkyo app a necessity or a nice to have?

post #951 of 953

And is this the Apple Camera Connection kit you're talking about?

 

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD821AM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter?fnode=91  

 

Finally, since the connection kit and the Predator both have female USB connections, is there a very small or very short male/male USB connector available somewhere?

 

Thanks again!

 

Martin

post #952 of 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMartinB View Post
 

Is the Onkyo app a necessity or a nice to have?

 

It does high res I think but on 16/44.1 I never noticed any difference between that and FLACPlayer. If your files are ALAC I'd just use iTunes Player.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMartinB View Post
 

And is this the Apple Camera Connection kit you're talking about?

 

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD821AM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter?fnode=91  

 

Yes. Note that 3rd party versions sometimes don't actually work for some reason (maybe just badly made, not sure), so this is the safest bet.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMartinB View Post

 

Finally, since the connection kit and the Predator both have female USB connections, is there a very small or very short male/male USB connector available somewhere?

 

Googled "short USB cable" and found these. Just make sure you get one with the right USB-B plug for the end that goes into the Predator.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xshort+usb.TRS0&_nkw=short+usb&_sacat=0

 

 

This is the advantage of going with Made for iPod/iPhone certified devices - they use a sync cable and they usually come with a very short one.

post #953 of 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMartinB View Post

And is this the Apple Camera Connection kit you're talking about?

http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MD821AM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter?fnode=91  

Finally, since the connection kit and the Predator both have female USB connections, is there a very small or very short male/male USB connector available somewhere?

Thanks again!

Martin

Alternatively you could get this version of the camera adapter. It has an additional lightning port that allows you to charge the phone while listening to music.
fnode=91http://www.apple.com/shop/product/MK0W2AM/A/lightning-to-usb-3-camera-adapter?fnode=91
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › List of DACs that work with iPad