Recent Images In This Thread
- productCambridge - Dac Magic - Digital to Analog Convertertagged by System, 8/17/10
- categoryDACstagged by System, 8/17/10
- productHeadAmp pico Upsampling USB DACtagged by System, 9/19/12
- productHeadAmp pico USB DAC/Amptagged by System, 9/19/12
- brandNuForcetagged by System, 8/17/10
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 8/17/10
- topicUsb Audiotagged by System, 8/17/10
Related Forum Threads
- Pico Upsampling USB DAC: Weekend + Cyber Monday Sale (Nov 27-29 only) Last post on 9/20/13 at 8:15am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- USB DAC recommendation???? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Android phones and USB DACs Last post on Today at 9:08 am in Portable Source Gear
- Buying Advice: MacBook Pro + USB DAC+ DarkVoice 336C => HD 650 Last post on 2/16/13 at 9:52am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Impressions/Opinions on HRT Music Streamer II + needed Last post on 1/3/14 at 10:30am in Dedicated Source Components
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/29/16
1MORE Capsual Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE for the review sample. Full review...
Many Head-Fiers will be familiar with Brainwavz already as they have a fairly large user group within the community. Brainwavz has a large inventory of quality earphones at reasonable...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
I was an early adopter of the original hifiman he-1000 (part of the original beta group). At the end of the beta period I elected to keep the product and it was replaced with the newest and latest...
Bluedio Victory Bluetooth and Optical Headphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Bluedio for the sample. Full review...
List of DACs that work with iPad - Page 49post #721 of 9477/29/13 at 4:46am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #722 of 9477/29/13 at 7:43pmQuote:
They both provide a good soundstage. The strength of the microStreamer over the E17 is in treble clarity. I think the difference in this is the DAC as opposed to the amp used in each device, as the microStreamer sounds great from the line out through the E17 in amp-only mode -- better than the E17 as a DAC/amp.post #723 of 9479/20/13 at 6:02pmpost #724 of 9479/20/13 at 7:44pmpost #725 of 9479/20/13 at 7:59pmQuote:
Yes, I tried with something like this:
Thankspost #726 of 9479/20/13 at 8:46pm
You may need a hub. I tried a similar cable with the E17 and the iPad 2 with CCK and got the "too much power" message. But, through a hub, I was able to get the E17 to work with the iPad and CCK.post #727 of 9479/21/13 at 4:43amQuote:
Hmm... I'll try. Thank you!post #728 of 9479/21/13 at 10:40amQuote:
With the Fiio E7 everything worked fine so long as the unit was on internal battery power and not USB recharge. With the Aune T1 tube dac/amp I found that I got the "low power" message on my iPad 3, even though the Aune is a plug in unit that doesn't draw power from the USB. I put. A small powered hub between the I pad and the Aune and all works fine.post #729 of 9479/21/13 at 12:21pmQuote:
As reported earlier the following hub is the best 9 bucks I've spent. Works with Dragonfly and many other portable DACs and iPad/iPhone/iPod Classic with CCK.
Edited by amham - 9/21/13 at 12:28pmpost #730 of 9479/21/13 at 11:14pm
Update - after iOS6.3.1 disabled USB audio out of the CCK, i felt I ahd nothing to lose trying iOS7. Guess what - USB audio works again! (Except I don't really know what to do with it now that I have my SGS3 set up with a 32gb card in it).post #731 of 9479/27/13 at 12:23am
This is to report the compatibility of iPad mini (iOS7) via Apple Lightning USB Camera Adapter (http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD821ZM/A/lightning-to-usb-camera-adapter?fnode=3a) with M2Tech HiFace DAC (http://www.m2tech.biz/hiface_dac.html).
Thanks to a very smart energy management implemented by M2Tech (the device claims only 100mA from the host), M2Tech HiFace DAC is recognized and initialized by iPad Mini.
However, there are sound issues with the stock Music app - pops and clicks throughout the sound.
THe good news is that I have NO such unwanted pops and clicks if I play music via Capriccio (http://www.head-fi.org/t/593725/capriccio-for-iphone-ipad-ipod-touch), playing either the existign iPad collection, or Capriccio file system lossless FLACs.
Will also test it with 8Player streaming music via DLNA, and report back.post #732 of 9479/28/13 at 11:03ampost #733 of 9479/28/13 at 11:22amQuote:iOS 7 and 7.02 work through the CCK from the iPhone as well!
Edited by teb1013 - 9/28/13 at 11:24ampost #734 of 9479/28/13 at 1:25pmQuote:Originally Posted by jazzman7
They both provide a good soundstage. The strength of the microStreamer over the E17 is in treble clarity. I think the difference in this is the DAC as opposed to the amp used in each device, as the microStreamer sounds great from the line out through the E17 in amp-only mode -- better than the E17 as a DAC/amp.
I totally concur w/ your findings! My buddy has an E17, and we drew down (as we called it, LOL) between the HRT microStreamer (my review & dedicated microStreamer thread HERE if anybody's interested) and the E17 on my iPad(2). I also found the upper end in the microStreamer had far more bloom and sparkle I also attributed that to its DAC, though none of us can be completely sure.
and yeah - my friend tried from the line out through the E17 - they made a better combo IMO than the E17 alone for sure.
I was PUMPED to read about the only thing I'm enjoying about iOS7 on my iPad (aside of the look, which I like, but have to get accustomed):
Being able to use my ALO International w/ my iPad via the CCK:
We (my wifey Alexandra and I) enjoyed our morning tea and coffee outside
on the porch as usual, but this time with a new system to try!! I loved the combination,
as I've consistently written about my love for my LCD3 + ALO International combo.
I typically use that combo w/ my Astell&Kern AK100 - but this was FUN too.
My wifey was also having a BLAST:
Listening to Matisyahu's Live at Stubbs as we bask in the morning air on our
new property in Sonoma County!
The sound was both liquid (as in sound waves propagating/rippling over an audible pond)
and controlled without sounding held-back and safe - which is what I HATE about so many
high end audio two-channel in-room system components today!
Like many of the supposedly sate-of-the-art tube in-room stereo amps for example, no more all out sonic
assaults like OG VTL's and CJ! Now (even VTL today) have so much protective circuitry, auto-bias,
and other things in the signal path that so many things sound just safe, polite...
Thank you personal audio!
This lil' system sounded fierce when it needed to be, and also quiet when that was required.
A great way to start the day!!
This actually inspired me, as I've been battling what to write about for my next
What is the Future of the High End series for PFO!!post #735 of 94710/1/13 at 9:35pmQuote:Check out these two tweets from Mark :-Originally Posted by LFC_SL
Looks like it works with the iPad with CCK on iOS6. Crossing fingers it works with iOS7.
- List of DACs that work with iPad
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Review of the sennheiser HD 598 CS (close version) 1 minute ago
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 3 minutes ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 4 minutes ago
- › "Open Alpha" T50 3D printed headphone project from MrSpeakers 5 minutes ago
- › Sony xperia XZ range audio quality 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 7 minutes ago
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by crabdog
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear