Does the signal passed through the camera connector / USB port get affected by the volume control? I assumed not because I thought the connector signal was digital while the volume control was in the analog stage.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCambridge - Dac Magic - Digital to Analog Convertertagged by System, 8/17/10
- categoryDACstagged by System, 8/17/10
- productHeadAmp pico Upsampling USB DACtagged by System, 9/20/12
- productHeadAmp pico USB DAC/Amptagged by System, 9/20/12
- brandNuForcetagged by System, 8/17/10
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 8/17/10
- topicUsb Audiotagged by System, 8/17/10
Related Forum Threads
- Pico Upsampling USB DAC: Weekend + Cyber Monday Sale (Nov 27-29 only) Last post on 9/20/13 at 8:15am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- USB DAC recommendation???? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Android phones and USB DACs Last post on Today at 1:37 am in Portable Source Gear
- Buying Advice: MacBook Pro + USB DAC+ DarkVoice 336C => HD 650 Last post on 2/16/13 at 9:52am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Impressions/Opinions on HRT Music Streamer II + needed Last post on 10/5/13 at 7:20am in Dedicated Source Components
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > HPH-200. If you are looking for a ~$100 on ear open can that...
First of all, I gave these a 3 star mostly for their price. At about 9 bucks they are about the cheapest headphones around. I mean, who is going to pass up a deal like that. They are dirt cheap and...
List of DACs that work with iPad - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
That makes sense. What confused me is the post earlier in this thread by JC9394 about the RSA Predator when the review said that he needed to have his volume at 100%. I assume he meant the iPad volume, not the RSA volume. Either one would be problematic.
The iPad volume within iTunes does indeed affect the volume through camera connection kit with the Predator, and I'm sure a few other DACs as well.
The volume control on the iPad does not affect the Hot Audio DAC WOW. The volume control slider goes to the middle when you plug it in but adjusting it does not affect the sound.
And just to nitpick a bit, there is no iTunes music player application on the iPad. The built-in music player is called iPod, and there is a separate app to access the iTunes store.
Edited by grokit - 10/19/10 at 12:01am
Really? That seems very odd that it would with some DACs, and not with others.
In that case, the volume in iTunes needs to be all the way up, all the time, or you would be throwing away resolution.
Why is that odd? That's the way various DACs work on PC/Macs; IME some take away the volume on the computer and some don't. I prefer it when they do, since I still have the amplifier volume control, and can control volume from iTunes as well.
I confirmed the Predator/iPad volume behavior just this weekend at RMAF, when someone was using my iPad and camera connection kit with their Predator, and they got no sound until I took the iPad and turned up the volume within the iPod app (I mispoke and iTunes is the music store app).
I spoke to Ray Samuels this week and he said the volume control needs to be at 100%. Does this mean that the volume control acts as both an analog and digital volume control, depending on how you are using the iPad signal?
Yes, but it also depends on the DAC you use. Some DAC's don't allow the iPad to control the volume.
- List of DACs that work with iPad
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 58 seconds ago
- › FA003/HM5 vs UE 6000 3 minutes ago
- › Resonessence Labs Concero discussion/review thead 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Updated 9/2/2013: Sony... 5 minutes ago
- › [Impression] Tralucent Audio T1 5 minutes ago
- › TDK IE800 Dual High-Performance Dynamic Micro-Drivers IEM 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz R3 Review 7 minutes ago
- › Sony Z1060 32GB (UK seller) 8 minutes ago
- › [Review] Superlux HD681 EVO 9 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Sennheiser Momentum by commodent
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi