Does the signal passed through the camera connector / USB port get affected by the volume control? I assumed not because I thought the connector signal was digital while the volume control was in the analog stage.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCambridge - Dac Magic - Digital to Analog Convertertagged by System, 8/17/10
- categoryDACstagged by System, 8/17/10
- productHeadAmp pico Upsampling USB DACtagged by System, 9/19/12
- productHeadAmp pico USB DAC/Amptagged by System, 9/19/12
- brandNuForcetagged by System, 8/17/10
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 8/17/10
- topicUsb Audiotagged by System, 8/17/10
Related Forum Threads
- Pico Upsampling USB DAC: Weekend + Cyber Monday Sale (Nov 27-29 only) Last post on 9/20/13 at 8:15am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- USB DAC recommendation???? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Android phones and USB DACs Last post on Today at 8:52 am in Portable Source Gear
- Buying Advice: MacBook Pro + USB DAC+ DarkVoice 336C => HD 650 Last post on 2/16/13 at 9:52am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Impressions/Opinions on HRT Music Streamer II + needed Last post on 1/3/14 at 10:30am in Dedicated Source Components
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
I am mainly using the Meridian Explorer on the road, from laptop. Setup is painless on Mac and Linux. Note that on Linux, it is worth checking the gain settings in alsamixer (only once is...
I would like to acknowledge that I'm actually reviewing T51i model of these headphones - identical to T51p with addition of in-line remote/mic. I received these for review purpose from...
List of DACs that work with iPad - Page 3
Gear mentioned in this thread:
That makes sense. What confused me is the post earlier in this thread by JC9394 about the RSA Predator when the review said that he needed to have his volume at 100%. I assume he meant the iPad volume, not the RSA volume. Either one would be problematic.
The iPad volume within iTunes does indeed affect the volume through camera connection kit with the Predator, and I'm sure a few other DACs as well.
The volume control on the iPad does not affect the Hot Audio DAC WOW. The volume control slider goes to the middle when you plug it in but adjusting it does not affect the sound.
And just to nitpick a bit, there is no iTunes music player application on the iPad. The built-in music player is called iPod, and there is a separate app to access the iTunes store.
Edited by grokit - 10/19/10 at 12:01am
Really? That seems very odd that it would with some DACs, and not with others.
In that case, the volume in iTunes needs to be all the way up, all the time, or you would be throwing away resolution.
Why is that odd? That's the way various DACs work on PC/Macs; IME some take away the volume on the computer and some don't. I prefer it when they do, since I still have the amplifier volume control, and can control volume from iTunes as well.
I confirmed the Predator/iPad volume behavior just this weekend at RMAF, when someone was using my iPad and camera connection kit with their Predator, and they got no sound until I took the iPad and turned up the volume within the iPod app (I mispoke and iTunes is the music store app).
I spoke to Ray Samuels this week and he said the volume control needs to be at 100%. Does this mean that the volume control acts as both an analog and digital volume control, depending on how you are using the iPad signal?
Yes, but it also depends on the DAC you use. Some DAC's don't allow the iPad to control the volume.
- List of DACs that work with iPad
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Basshead club ptII 41 seconds ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 3 minutes ago
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey (NEW: Sony XBA H3 Review and... 4 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha EPH-100 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd C 10 Power amplifier [EXTRA NOV. DISCOUNT] 8 minutes ago
- › Shure 846 vs. JH Roxanne's 16 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 17 minutes ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge 17 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 19 minutes ago
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › Intopic Jazz i57 IEM by Pastapipo
- › Sennheiser MM 450-X Wireless Bluetooth Headphones by Faber65
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob