Does the signal passed through the camera connector / USB port get affected by the volume control? I assumed not because I thought the connector signal was digital while the volume control was in the analog stage.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productCambridge - Dac Magic - Digital to Analog Convertertagged by System, 8/17/10
- categoryDACstagged by System, 8/17/10
- productHeadAmp pico Upsampling USB DACtagged by System, 9/20/12
- productHeadAmp pico USB DAC/Amptagged by System, 9/20/12
- brandNuForcetagged by System, 8/17/10
- categoryPortable Source Componentstagged by System, 8/17/10
- topicUsb Audiotagged by System, 8/17/10
Related Forum Threads
- Pico Upsampling USB DAC: Weekend + Cyber Monday Sale (Nov 27-29 only) Last post on 9/20/13 at 8:15am in Sponsor Announcements and Deals
- USB DAC recommendation???? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:03pm in Portable Source Gear
- Android phones and USB DACs Last post on Yesterday at 6:49 pm in Portable Source Gear
- Buying Advice: MacBook Pro + USB DAC+ DarkVoice 336C => HD 650 Last post on 2/16/13 at 9:52am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Impressions/Opinions on HRT Music Streamer II + needed Last post on 10/5/13 at 7:20am in Dedicated Source Components
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 7/26/13
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
I'm a noob to high quality audio equipment. I have been using V-Moda M-80's. I bought these because they were onsale for $272, and it would be stupid not to buy them at that price. I just opened...
Review on the FiiO RC-MH1 PCOCC-A Upgrade Headphone Cable Greetings, I am here to present to you guys with a review on the FiiO PCOCC-A 3.5mm to 3.5mm headphone cable that FiiO had sent out to a...
Build, look and comfort: These iems look very nice, has unique design. The earpieces seem built sturdily, the cable seems durable. These are so comfortable that you mayn't feel they're on your ears...
List of DACs that work with iPad - Page 3
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
That makes sense. What confused me is the post earlier in this thread by JC9394 about the RSA Predator when the review said that he needed to have his volume at 100%. I assume he meant the iPad volume, not the RSA volume. Either one would be problematic.
The iPad volume within iTunes does indeed affect the volume through camera connection kit with the Predator, and I'm sure a few other DACs as well.
The volume control on the iPad does not affect the Hot Audio DAC WOW. The volume control slider goes to the middle when you plug it in but adjusting it does not affect the sound.
And just to nitpick a bit, there is no iTunes music player application on the iPad. The built-in music player is called iPod, and there is a separate app to access the iTunes store.
Edited by grokit - 10/19/10 at 12:01am
Really? That seems very odd that it would with some DACs, and not with others.
In that case, the volume in iTunes needs to be all the way up, all the time, or you would be throwing away resolution.
Why is that odd? That's the way various DACs work on PC/Macs; IME some take away the volume on the computer and some don't. I prefer it when they do, since I still have the amplifier volume control, and can control volume from iTunes as well.
I confirmed the Predator/iPad volume behavior just this weekend at RMAF, when someone was using my iPad and camera connection kit with their Predator, and they got no sound until I took the iPad and turned up the volume within the iPod app (I mispoke and iTunes is the music store app).
I spoke to Ray Samuels this week and he said the volume control needs to be at 100%. Does this mean that the volume control acts as both an analog and digital volume control, depending on how you are using the iPad signal?
Yes, but it also depends on the DAC you use. Some DAC's don't allow the iPad to control the volume.
- List of DACs that work with iPad
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › iFi New Product Launch. iDSD - The Future of Portable Computer... 23 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 58 seconds ago
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S1: Fortune Favors The Bold! 2 minutes ago
- › Need help choosing - Urbanears Zinken vs. Philips The Stretch 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 3 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 - over the ear headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Good starter cans. 4 minutes ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Analog Paper^2 Discussion and Appreciation Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › Sony MDRXB600 Extra Bass Over the Head 40mm Driver Headphone, Black by Shini44
- › Asus XONAR DG CMI8786 Sound Card by killeraxemannic
- › Creative 70SB150000000 Sound Card by killeraxemannic
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe