I saw a pair of supposedly-new Monster Turbine Copper edition for around $150. How high are the chances that they are fake? I saw some other ones for a bit less, but from China. These are from the US so is there still a high chance that they are fake?
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/18/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 8/18/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sen IE8 VS Turbine Pro Copper Last post on 1/11/11 at 8:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- monster pro turbine coppers: alternatives Last post on 9/18/10 at 5:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- did I just buy a pair of fake monster turbine pro coppers? Last post on 11/6/10 at 12:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Help] Should i buy this MTPC ?? (Photos Added) Last post on 9/15/10 at 2:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fake Monster Turbine Pro Copper: Comparing REAL vs FAKE Last post on 7/22/14 at 9:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Can’t believe nobody has commented on the lack of an extremely basic feature that exists on 99% of MP3 players but missing from this and many other Fiio units — which is the ability to bookmark....
Advanced AcousticWerkes Q: Deceptively Small The AAW Q is an upcoming IEM from Singaporean company Advanced AcousticWerkes, scheduled for release in the first week of September. It boasts a new...
Now that I've heard all the ADEL modules from Asius technologies(what has been released since 8/16), it's even harder to pick a favorite. Some days I want to tune the sound to my unique anatomy,...
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
Monster Turbine *COPPER Fake?post #1 of 108/15/10 at 9:07pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 108/15/10 at 9:24pmpost #3 of 108/15/10 at 9:25pmThread Starterpost #4 of 108/15/10 at 9:31pmpost #5 of 108/15/10 at 11:20pmpost #6 of 108/15/10 at 11:54pm
Do not get anything from eBay for less then what the big name stores and brick and motar business sell them for. My friend bought some on eBay for $90 compared to my real one's and from a distance it seems to good to be true because it is. The fakes are a nice try, the tips are crap, the weight in the earpiece is half of the real thing, and the cable is of less quality and stiffness. Unless the seller can guarantee and provide proof that they were originally purchased from a credible seller, save your self the trouble, grief, and smacking yourself on the forehead.
I think most of the fakes are well known by the sellers, and they play stupid when asked questions on authenticity and down right lie. Many years ago, say ten, things on eBay were a good deal and most likely the real deal. Now, a lot has gone to hell and back. Ebay pretty much controls the whole auction and payment process since acquiring PayPal.
Edited by alphaphoenix - 8/16/10 at 10:15ampost #7 of 108/16/10 at 12:46ampost #8 of 108/16/10 at 5:30ampost #9 of 109/4/10 at 2:07am
Hi! What do you think about this?
Cheers, Hannespost #10 of 1010/25/10 at 12:33pm
eBay is not the enemy but I'd say get small stuff from eBay. Things that others find an excess and it maybe treasure to you. Buying new items on eBay especially once that cause 3 times more in regular stores isn't really saving money. I call it plain and simple 'stupid'. Unless of course your ultimate purpose is to flaunt it away regardless of authenticity or you're just too lazy to do some research. 399 for the real thing and less than a hundred for the fake? I would just keep my 100 bucks and buy something 'authentic' with it. Besides quality and warranty, I am sure that I am getting the real thing and not supporting counterfeits.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine *COPPER Fake?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 36 seconds ago
- › Cowon PLENUE M2 1 minute ago
- › HUM Pervasion (Production Version) 1 minute ago
- › What's the best amp for HD800 2 minutes ago
- › Best Sub-100$ CHINESE Brands EARPHONES Thread- Hidden Gems,... 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Ocharaku Flat4-Kuro (玄) appreciation thread 5 minutes ago
- › Life after Yggdrasil? 5 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by greencalx
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes Q by ustinj
- › Asius Technologies ADEL™ G1 Auto Modules by Ike1985
- › AAW Nebula Two Hybrid In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...