I saw a pair of supposedly-new Monster Turbine Copper edition for around $150. How high are the chances that they are fake? I saw some other ones for a bit less, but from China. These are from the US so is there still a high chance that they are fake?
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/18/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 8/18/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sen IE8 VS Turbine Pro Copper Last post on 1/11/11 at 8:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- monster pro turbine coppers: alternatives Last post on 9/18/10 at 5:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- did I just buy a pair of fake monster turbine pro coppers? Last post on 11/6/10 at 12:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Help] Should i buy this MTPC ?? (Photos Added) Last post on 9/15/10 at 2:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fake Monster Turbine Pro Copper: Comparing REAL vs FAKE Last post on 4/2/13 at 9:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Monster Turbine *COPPER Fake?post #1 of 108/15/10 at 9:07pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 108/15/10 at 9:24pmpost #3 of 108/15/10 at 9:25pmThread Starterpost #4 of 108/15/10 at 9:31pmpost #5 of 108/15/10 at 11:20pmpost #6 of 108/15/10 at 11:54pm
Do not get anything from eBay for less then what the big name stores and brick and motar business sell them for. My friend bought some on eBay for $90 compared to my real one's and from a distance it seems to good to be true because it is. The fakes are a nice try, the tips are crap, the weight in the earpiece is half of the real thing, and the cable is of less quality and stiffness. Unless the seller can guarantee and provide proof that they were originally purchased from a credible seller, save your self the trouble, grief, and smacking yourself on the forehead.
I think most of the fakes are well known by the sellers, and they play stupid when asked questions on authenticity and down right lie. Many years ago, say ten, things on eBay were a good deal and most likely the real deal. Now, a lot has gone to hell and back. Ebay pretty much controls the whole auction and payment process since acquiring PayPal.
Edited by alphaphoenix - 8/16/10 at 10:15ampost #7 of 108/16/10 at 12:46ampost #8 of 108/16/10 at 5:30ampost #9 of 109/4/10 at 2:07am
Hi! What do you think about this?
Cheers, Hannespost #10 of 1010/25/10 at 12:33pm
eBay is not the enemy but I'd say get small stuff from eBay. Things that others find an excess and it maybe treasure to you. Buying new items on eBay especially once that cause 3 times more in regular stores isn't really saving money. I call it plain and simple 'stupid'. Unless of course your ultimate purpose is to flaunt it away regardless of authenticity or you're just too lazy to do some research. 399 for the real thing and less than a hundred for the fake? I would just keep my 100 bucks and buy something 'authentic' with it. Besides quality and warranty, I am sure that I am getting the real thing and not supporting counterfeits.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine *COPPER Fake?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Headphone out and Line out(or DAC out) 56 seconds ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 58 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Closed headphones for metal 1 minute ago
- › Best closed back headphone for gaming 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Post a picture of your Headphone Rig. 5 minutes ago
- › Portapros or Senn PX-100 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob