I saw a pair of supposedly-new Monster Turbine Copper edition for around $150. How high are the chances that they are fake? I saw some other ones for a bit less, but from China. These are from the US so is there still a high chance that they are fake?
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/18/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 8/18/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sen IE8 VS Turbine Pro Copper Last post on 1/11/11 at 8:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- monster pro turbine coppers: alternatives Last post on 9/18/10 at 5:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- did I just buy a pair of fake monster turbine pro coppers? Last post on 11/6/10 at 12:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Help] Should i buy this MTPC ?? (Photos Added) Last post on 9/15/10 at 2:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fake Monster Turbine Pro Copper: Comparing REAL vs FAKE Last post on 7/22/14 at 9:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The ONKYO A800 is a very impressive headphone indeed, and I believe it has the potential to really earn a following among headphone enthusiasts. To be sure, we are in an unprecedented...
Last year I was so excited buying the Walkman Zx2 and Z7 from Sony, and I was gradually enjoying the better of real quality audio when I am stepping back into the portable world. I feel that now...
First off, thanks to Pandora from Brainwavz for reaching out and offering the opportunity to look at the "Jive". Secondly, I noticed a trend that I'm giving 4 stars to everything I've reviewed...
Background It’s safe to say that Massdrop has played a decent role in both introducing new products to the headphone community while highlighting others through their group-purchase...
Introduction – The original d900 from Syllable made quite a splash when it first arrived on the market. It was one of the very first fully wireless earphones ever produced. Furthermore, it was...
Monster Turbine *COPPER Fake?post #1 of 108/15/10 at 9:07pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 108/15/10 at 9:24pmpost #3 of 108/15/10 at 9:25pmThread Starterpost #4 of 108/15/10 at 9:31pmpost #5 of 108/15/10 at 11:20pmpost #6 of 108/15/10 at 11:54pm
Do not get anything from eBay for less then what the big name stores and brick and motar business sell them for. My friend bought some on eBay for $90 compared to my real one's and from a distance it seems to good to be true because it is. The fakes are a nice try, the tips are crap, the weight in the earpiece is half of the real thing, and the cable is of less quality and stiffness. Unless the seller can guarantee and provide proof that they were originally purchased from a credible seller, save your self the trouble, grief, and smacking yourself on the forehead.
I think most of the fakes are well known by the sellers, and they play stupid when asked questions on authenticity and down right lie. Many years ago, say ten, things on eBay were a good deal and most likely the real deal. Now, a lot has gone to hell and back. Ebay pretty much controls the whole auction and payment process since acquiring PayPal.
Edited by alphaphoenix - 8/16/10 at 10:15ampost #7 of 108/16/10 at 12:46ampost #8 of 108/16/10 at 5:30ampost #9 of 109/4/10 at 2:07am
Hi! What do you think about this?
Cheers, Hannespost #10 of 1010/25/10 at 12:33pm
eBay is not the enemy but I'd say get small stuff from eBay. Things that others find an excess and it maybe treasure to you. Buying new items on eBay especially once that cause 3 times more in regular stores isn't really saving money. I call it plain and simple 'stupid'. Unless of course your ultimate purpose is to flaunt it away regardless of authenticity or you're just too lazy to do some research. 399 for the real thing and less than a hundred for the fake? I would just keep my 100 bucks and buy something 'authentic' with it. Besides quality and warranty, I am sure that I am getting the real thing and not supporting counterfeits.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine *COPPER Fake?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audeze SINE Series 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 3 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › La Figaro 339 8 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 11 minutes ago
- › ONKYO A800 50mm Open Back Headphone by Sonic Defender
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by Whitigir
- › Brainwavz Jive by Feilong4
- › AKG K7XX by Aornic
- › SYLLABLE D900S Mini Wireless Bluetooth Earphone Waterproof... by ryanjsoo
- › FiiO E12A Mont Blanc Portable Headphone Amplifier for IEM Special... by Tayyab Pirzada
- › FiiO M3 - Digital Portable Music Player by Levistras
- › iBasso Audio D14 "Bushmaster" by Hisoundfi
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by David Thomson
- › Audio-Technica ATH-A900LTD by Heepaholic
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...