I saw a pair of supposedly-new Monster Turbine Copper edition for around $150. How high are the chances that they are fake? I saw some other ones for a bit less, but from China. These are from the US so is there still a high chance that they are fake?
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/18/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 8/18/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sen IE8 VS Turbine Pro Copper Last post on 1/11/11 at 8:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- monster pro turbine coppers: alternatives Last post on 9/18/10 at 5:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- did I just buy a pair of fake monster turbine pro coppers? Last post on 11/6/10 at 12:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Help] Should i buy this MTPC ?? (Photos Added) Last post on 9/15/10 at 2:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fake Monster Turbine Pro Copper: Comparing REAL vs FAKE Last post on 7/22/14 at 9:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Where do I start? These honestly sound like the HD600/650 in IEM form. My previous go to IEM was the Klipsch X10 ($100), followed by the Klipsch X20i ($539). What is amazing, is that the RE-400...
I want to thank the MezeTeam over at Head Fi for allowing me the chance to review the 99 Classics as part of their Tour. You can purchase the 99 Classics in three colors right from their...
Disclaimer: I received this earphone for free from the manufacturers. I did my best not to let that color my opinion on the product, but my impressions may not be entirely without bias. Shozy...
Introduction: The Effect Audio is a Singapore brand that is known by some famous aftermarket cables. They offer Ares and Thor series headphone/IEM cables as well as Piccolino Ultimate and Eros...
Here is my review for the Brainwavz BLU-200 Bluetooth earphones. I must say that I really like and respect the Brainwavz brand and that they deserve attention with their high quality/budget...
Monster Turbine *COPPER Fake?post #1 of 108/15/10 at 9:07pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 108/15/10 at 9:24pmpost #3 of 108/15/10 at 9:25pmThread Starterpost #4 of 108/15/10 at 9:31pmpost #5 of 108/15/10 at 11:20pmpost #6 of 108/15/10 at 11:54pm
Do not get anything from eBay for less then what the big name stores and brick and motar business sell them for. My friend bought some on eBay for $90 compared to my real one's and from a distance it seems to good to be true because it is. The fakes are a nice try, the tips are crap, the weight in the earpiece is half of the real thing, and the cable is of less quality and stiffness. Unless the seller can guarantee and provide proof that they were originally purchased from a credible seller, save your self the trouble, grief, and smacking yourself on the forehead.
I think most of the fakes are well known by the sellers, and they play stupid when asked questions on authenticity and down right lie. Many years ago, say ten, things on eBay were a good deal and most likely the real deal. Now, a lot has gone to hell and back. Ebay pretty much controls the whole auction and payment process since acquiring PayPal.
Edited by alphaphoenix - 8/16/10 at 10:15ampost #7 of 108/16/10 at 12:46ampost #8 of 108/16/10 at 5:30ampost #9 of 109/4/10 at 2:07am
Hi! What do you think about this?
Cheers, Hannespost #10 of 1010/25/10 at 12:33pm
eBay is not the enemy but I'd say get small stuff from eBay. Things that others find an excess and it maybe treasure to you. Buying new items on eBay especially once that cause 3 times more in regular stores isn't really saving money. I call it plain and simple 'stupid'. Unless of course your ultimate purpose is to flaunt it away regardless of authenticity or you're just too lazy to do some research. 399 for the real thing and less than a hundred for the fake? I would just keep my 100 bucks and buy something 'authentic' with it. Besides quality and warranty, I am sure that I am getting the real thing and not supporting counterfeits.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine *COPPER Fake?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New - Cowon Plenue S 20 seconds ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Objectivists board room 1 minute ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 5 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW ... 6 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by achelgeson
- › Meze 99 Classics by Mshenay
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by C.C.S.
- › Effect Audio Leonidas by MikePortnoy
- › Brainwavz BLU-200 by DynamikeB
- › Marantz HD- DAC1High Definition USB DAC / Headphone Amp by Gamergtx260
- › Fidue A91 Sirius by flinkenick
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by getclikinagas
- › Yulong U100 by Spork67
- › Schiit Audio Bifrost DAC by bosiemoncrieff
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...