I saw a pair of supposedly-new Monster Turbine Copper edition for around $150. How high are the chances that they are fake? I saw some other ones for a bit less, but from China. These are from the US so is there still a high chance that they are fake?
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/18/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- productMonster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones with ControlTalktagged by System, 8/18/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sen IE8 VS Turbine Pro Copper Last post on 1/11/11 at 8:46am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- monster pro turbine coppers: alternatives Last post on 9/18/10 at 5:50pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- did I just buy a pair of fake monster turbine pro coppers? Last post on 11/6/10 at 12:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- [Help] Should i buy this MTPC ?? (Photos Added) Last post on 9/15/10 at 2:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fake Monster Turbine Pro Copper: Comparing REAL vs FAKE Last post on 7/22/14 at 9:27am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Monster Turbine *COPPER Fake?post #1 of 108/15/10 at 9:07pmThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 108/15/10 at 9:24pmpost #3 of 108/15/10 at 9:25pmThread Starterpost #4 of 108/15/10 at 9:31pmpost #5 of 108/15/10 at 11:20pmpost #6 of 108/15/10 at 11:54pm
Do not get anything from eBay for less then what the big name stores and brick and motar business sell them for. My friend bought some on eBay for $90 compared to my real one's and from a distance it seems to good to be true because it is. The fakes are a nice try, the tips are crap, the weight in the earpiece is half of the real thing, and the cable is of less quality and stiffness. Unless the seller can guarantee and provide proof that they were originally purchased from a credible seller, save your self the trouble, grief, and smacking yourself on the forehead.
I think most of the fakes are well known by the sellers, and they play stupid when asked questions on authenticity and down right lie. Many years ago, say ten, things on eBay were a good deal and most likely the real deal. Now, a lot has gone to hell and back. Ebay pretty much controls the whole auction and payment process since acquiring PayPal.
Edited by alphaphoenix - 8/16/10 at 10:15ampost #7 of 108/16/10 at 12:46ampost #8 of 108/16/10 at 5:30ampost #9 of 109/4/10 at 2:07am
Hi! What do you think about this?
Cheers, Hannespost #10 of 1010/25/10 at 12:33pm
eBay is not the enemy but I'd say get small stuff from eBay. Things that others find an excess and it maybe treasure to you. Buying new items on eBay especially once that cause 3 times more in regular stores isn't really saving money. I call it plain and simple 'stupid'. Unless of course your ultimate purpose is to flaunt it away regardless of authenticity or you're just too lazy to do some research. 399 for the real thing and less than a hundred for the fake? I would just keep my 100 bucks and buy something 'authentic' with it. Besides quality and warranty, I am sure that I am getting the real thing and not supporting counterfeits.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Monster Turbine *COPPER Fake?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 51 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 1 minute ago
- › what is the best portable music player to have? 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 mods 1 minute ago
- › La Figaro 339 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 2 minutes ago
- › Post a picture of your Headphone Rig. 3 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › JVC HAF14B - Gumy Earbud Headphones by LuigiSound
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by Pirakaphile
- › MEElectronics M-Duo by Luckbad
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones by ilovesocks
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2