Hi, I purchased a new D2+ 16gb about a week ago, and decided to do some test because I found the battery to be running out rather quickly.
These were the test enviornment.
1) Fully charged via Macbook USB
2) 750 songs; about 300 FLAC files and the rest in 320kbps MP3 files. NO sdhc card inserted
3) Brightness at 5; LCD off at 10 seconds
4) Volume at 6
5) EQ tuned; bbe+, bass, surround sound all between 1 to 10
6) Straight from D2+ to Sennheiser IE8
So I left the player on playing in random and I only got about 32 hours before it was forced to shut down. I had not used the player in any way during the test. I read that FLAC files may decrease battery life because they take more time to decode or something but 32 hours out of 52 seems unrealistic.
I also noticed that the first bar of the battery drops down after about 3 hours of listening, although I was browsing through songs and such.
Is this normal?