Unless GR10 is significantly more detail sounding the e-Q5/e-Q7, I find it hard to believe any IEM can really 'upgrade' the ER4 sound. Then again, an ER4S out of Stepdance is one of those rig I don't find anything needs to be changed :D
- brandEtymotictagged by System, 8/20/10
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productEtymotic Research ER4B MicroPro Binaural In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] Etymotic ER4P / ER4S - The Living Legends Last post on 2/24/16 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help choosing out of these 8 IEMs (First time here :P ) Last post on 7/25/12 at 6:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- looking for durable iem's Last post on 7/27/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post Last post on 1/10/15 at 4:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In Ears for $300 Last post on 3/18/14 at 3:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
https://store.thinksound.com/ I would like to give a hearty thanks to Thinksound's Aaron Fournier for reaching out to me for this review. I was provided with a review sample of the ON2...
This is a review of the Burson Audio Cable+ RCA to RCA active cable. The Burson Audio Cable+ was sent to me by Burson Audio for me as a loaner unit to test it out, thanks to Burson Audio for...
Most people balk at spending more than $20 on a pair of headphones, given the disposable history of a typical portable consumer headphones for the past 35 years. Music lovers who do invest in a...
It’s Black Friday, and what’s more black than to buy a good pair of headphones for your favorite rocker or metalhead. Today the headphone audiophile community is buzzing about what may become a...
The evolution of headphones has been fascinating to watch over the years. Pretty much everyone aged 50 and younger has grown up using headphones, and have owned many, many pairs. Some may remember...
Etymotic ER 4? - Page 7post #91 of 1033/25/11 at 11:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1033/26/11 at 7:43am
GR10 has 90% of the detail ER4 has but is much more dynamic sounding and musical and can handle busier passages than the ER4....unless using an amp of course. I see ER4 best for classical, acoustic or strictly reference listening.post #93 of 1033/26/11 at 11:40amQuote:
yup, that's right. nice silk shirt, spyro.post #94 of 1034/15/11 at 10:14pm
Just got my er4p 3days ago, I was so impressed by this little iem, it has so much details!!! From my memory(I don't have a chance to make a derect copmarison cos I've sold them), its detail is better than any iem I've owned, although its bass is not much as many, but its enough for many music genres. The soundstage is quite a magic, it has a small soundstage but you will never feel congested. Its now become my favourate iem.post #95 of 1034/16/11 at 6:26ampost #96 of 1034/16/11 at 2:38pmpost #97 of 1034/17/11 at 3:30ampost #98 of 1036/29/12 at 5:35pmpost #99 of 10312/25/12 at 8:46ampost #100 of 10312/25/12 at 10:26am
Very relevant, I find it difficult to move to another IEM, all sound 'manipulated' in one way or another against the ER4S! There are other factors concerning crossover problems and channel imbalance that you don't have to worry about with the Ety's. The isolation is also unsurpassed. I've had some magical moment with them over the years, more wow moments than any other headphone. Bought and sold a couple of sets, added an aftermarket cable that made the microphonics worse :o ! I've fallen for the CIEM hype a few times and while they do a lot of things differently I would not place them above the ER4 in a poll, if you consider value for money in the equation. I have recently bought the T1-live hoping it would replace the ety and it has sat unused as I value neutrality over most other things. If I could have any one earphone on a desert island it would most definitely be the ER4S (or maybe B).post #101 of 10312/25/12 at 11:06amQuote:
Excellent value for money imo - annoying microphonics but good sound and the highs are just straight out amazing with female vocals.post #102 of 10312/25/12 at 11:32amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER 4?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › So my Philips X2 have minimal bass, upgrade? 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › i-Fi SPDIF iPurifier impressions 4 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears: 2016 IEM Summer Sale & Updates!!! **15% Off // New... 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 8 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . ! Lurker0 FW Mod... 12 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 14 minutes ago
- › thinksound On2 wood on-ear monitor headphone (natural black) by Dsnuts
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by peter123
- › BeyerDynamic DT 1990 PRO 250 Ohm Open Studio Headphones (710490) by Fastnbulbous
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by Fastnbulbous
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by Fastnbulbous
- › 1MORE MK801 Over-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and Remote... by glassmonkey
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by zamroni
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Wireless by Rafique Adzam
- › Mcdodo Lightning to Audio Cable (for iPhone 7) w/ charging function by Webkarma
- › Final F7200 by malcolm.mcintyre
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...