Unless GR10 is significantly more detail sounding the e-Q5/e-Q7, I find it hard to believe any IEM can really 'upgrade' the ER4 sound. Then again, an ER4S out of Stepdance is one of those rig I don't find anything needs to be changed :D
- brandEtymotictagged by System, 8/20/10
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productEtymotic Research ER4B MicroPro Binaural In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] Etymotic ER4P / ER4S - The Living Legends Last post on 2/24/16 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help choosing out of these 8 IEMs (First time here :P ) Last post on 7/25/12 at 6:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- looking for durable iem's Last post on 7/27/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post Last post on 1/10/15 at 4:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In Ears for $300 Last post on 3/18/14 at 3:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
Etymotic ER 4? - Page 7post #91 of 1033/25/11 at 11:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1033/26/11 at 7:43am
GR10 has 90% of the detail ER4 has but is much more dynamic sounding and musical and can handle busier passages than the ER4....unless using an amp of course. I see ER4 best for classical, acoustic or strictly reference listening.post #93 of 1033/26/11 at 11:40amQuote:
yup, that's right. nice silk shirt, spyro.post #94 of 1034/15/11 at 10:14pm
Just got my er4p 3days ago, I was so impressed by this little iem, it has so much details!!! From my memory(I don't have a chance to make a derect copmarison cos I've sold them), its detail is better than any iem I've owned, although its bass is not much as many, but its enough for many music genres. The soundstage is quite a magic, it has a small soundstage but you will never feel congested. Its now become my favourate iem.post #95 of 1034/16/11 at 6:26ampost #96 of 1034/16/11 at 2:38pmpost #97 of 1034/17/11 at 3:30ampost #98 of 1036/29/12 at 5:35pmpost #99 of 10312/25/12 at 8:46ampost #100 of 10312/25/12 at 10:26am
Very relevant, I find it difficult to move to another IEM, all sound 'manipulated' in one way or another against the ER4S! There are other factors concerning crossover problems and channel imbalance that you don't have to worry about with the Ety's. The isolation is also unsurpassed. I've had some magical moment with them over the years, more wow moments than any other headphone. Bought and sold a couple of sets, added an aftermarket cable that made the microphonics worse :o ! I've fallen for the CIEM hype a few times and while they do a lot of things differently I would not place them above the ER4 in a poll, if you consider value for money in the equation. I have recently bought the T1-live hoping it would replace the ety and it has sat unused as I value neutrality over most other things. If I could have any one earphone on a desert island it would most definitely be the ER4S (or maybe B).post #101 of 10312/25/12 at 11:06amQuote:
Excellent value for money imo - annoying microphonics but good sound and the highs are just straight out amazing with female vocals.post #102 of 10312/25/12 at 11:32amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER 4?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Music Game IX 44 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 48 seconds ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 55 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 1 minute ago
- › SPL Phonitor X / Phonitor E impressions and Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 5 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Freya Impressions and Tube Rolling Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear