Unless GR10 is significantly more detail sounding the e-Q5/e-Q7, I find it hard to believe any IEM can really 'upgrade' the ER4 sound. Then again, an ER4S out of Stepdance is one of those rig I don't find anything needs to be changed :D
- brandEtymotictagged by System, 8/20/10
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productEtymotic Research ER4B MicroPro Binaural In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] Etymotic ER4P / ER4S - The Living Legends Last post on 2/24/16 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help choosing out of these 8 IEMs (First time here :P ) Last post on 7/25/12 at 6:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- looking for durable iem's Last post on 7/27/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post Last post on 1/10/15 at 4:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In Ears for $300 Last post on 3/18/14 at 3:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
Etymotic ER 4? - Page 7post #91 of 1033/25/11 at 11:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1033/26/11 at 7:43am
GR10 has 90% of the detail ER4 has but is much more dynamic sounding and musical and can handle busier passages than the ER4....unless using an amp of course. I see ER4 best for classical, acoustic or strictly reference listening.post #93 of 1033/26/11 at 11:40amQuote:
yup, that's right. nice silk shirt, spyro.post #94 of 1034/15/11 at 10:14pm
Just got my er4p 3days ago, I was so impressed by this little iem, it has so much details!!! From my memory(I don't have a chance to make a derect copmarison cos I've sold them), its detail is better than any iem I've owned, although its bass is not much as many, but its enough for many music genres. The soundstage is quite a magic, it has a small soundstage but you will never feel congested. Its now become my favourate iem.post #95 of 1034/16/11 at 6:26ampost #96 of 1034/16/11 at 2:38pmpost #97 of 1034/17/11 at 3:30ampost #98 of 1036/29/12 at 5:35pmpost #99 of 10312/25/12 at 8:46ampost #100 of 10312/25/12 at 10:26am
Very relevant, I find it difficult to move to another IEM, all sound 'manipulated' in one way or another against the ER4S! There are other factors concerning crossover problems and channel imbalance that you don't have to worry about with the Ety's. The isolation is also unsurpassed. I've had some magical moment with them over the years, more wow moments than any other headphone. Bought and sold a couple of sets, added an aftermarket cable that made the microphonics worse :o ! I've fallen for the CIEM hype a few times and while they do a lot of things differently I would not place them above the ER4 in a poll, if you consider value for money in the equation. I have recently bought the T1-live hoping it would replace the ety and it has sat unused as I value neutrality over most other things. If I could have any one earphone on a desert island it would most definitely be the ER4S (or maybe B).post #101 of 10312/25/12 at 11:06amQuote:
Excellent value for money imo - annoying microphonics but good sound and the highs are just straight out amazing with female vocals.post #102 of 10312/25/12 at 11:32amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER 4?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 2 hours, 38 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 5 hours, 30 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 5 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 6 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 6 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 6 hours, 47 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 7 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 7 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › IC : Grado HP1000 8 hours ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear