Unless GR10 is significantly more detail sounding the e-Q5/e-Q7, I find it hard to believe any IEM can really 'upgrade' the ER4 sound. Then again, an ER4S out of Stepdance is one of those rig I don't find anything needs to be changed :D
- brandEtymotictagged by System, 8/20/10
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productEtymotic Research ER4B MicroPro Binaural In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] Etymotic ER4P / ER4S - The Living Legends Last post on 2/24/16 at 4:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help choosing out of these 8 IEMs (First time here :P ) Last post on 7/25/12 at 6:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- looking for durable iem's Last post on 7/27/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post Last post on 1/10/15 at 4:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In Ears for $300 Last post on 3/18/14 at 3:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Campfire Audio Andromeda: Crown jewel of the Campfire fleet Introduction First, a disclaimer: I purchased the Andromeda ($1099USD) with my own money after doing my own research and thus...
Bluedio kindly sent me their 8-driver UFO bluetooth headphones in red for review - and boy I’m glad they did. Packaging Like all of their higher priced bluetooth models, the UFO’s come...
First of all, I would like to thank Shozy for the review sample of Shozy Zero! Website: http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ I believe what makes Shozy Zero unique is the wooden...
So I am fairly new to the audio world. The Monoprice 8323 was my second purchase on starting to get into headphones (after Superlux HD681 EVOs). I have had these headphones for about 6 months...
LEAR LHF-AE1d Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to LEAR for the sample. Brief: All of da pretty and they sound just as good too! Price: HK$1488 or atm £146 or...
Etymotic ER 4? - Page 7post #91 of 1033/25/11 at 11:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1033/26/11 at 7:43am
GR10 has 90% of the detail ER4 has but is much more dynamic sounding and musical and can handle busier passages than the ER4....unless using an amp of course. I see ER4 best for classical, acoustic or strictly reference listening.post #93 of 1033/26/11 at 11:40amQuote:
yup, that's right. nice silk shirt, spyro.post #94 of 1034/15/11 at 10:14pm
Just got my er4p 3days ago, I was so impressed by this little iem, it has so much details!!! From my memory(I don't have a chance to make a derect copmarison cos I've sold them), its detail is better than any iem I've owned, although its bass is not much as many, but its enough for many music genres. The soundstage is quite a magic, it has a small soundstage but you will never feel congested. Its now become my favourate iem.post #95 of 1034/16/11 at 6:26ampost #96 of 1034/16/11 at 2:38pmpost #97 of 1034/17/11 at 3:30ampost #98 of 1036/29/12 at 5:35pmpost #99 of 10312/25/12 at 8:46ampost #100 of 10312/25/12 at 10:26am
Very relevant, I find it difficult to move to another IEM, all sound 'manipulated' in one way or another against the ER4S! There are other factors concerning crossover problems and channel imbalance that you don't have to worry about with the Ety's. The isolation is also unsurpassed. I've had some magical moment with them over the years, more wow moments than any other headphone. Bought and sold a couple of sets, added an aftermarket cable that made the microphonics worse :o ! I've fallen for the CIEM hype a few times and while they do a lot of things differently I would not place them above the ER4 in a poll, if you consider value for money in the equation. I have recently bought the T1-live hoping it would replace the ety and it has sat unused as I value neutrality over most other things. If I could have any one earphone on a desert island it would most definitely be the ER4S (or maybe B).post #101 of 10312/25/12 at 11:06amQuote:
Excellent value for money imo - annoying microphonics but good sound and the highs are just straight out amazing with female vocals.post #102 of 10312/25/12 at 11:32amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER 4?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Home Theater: Let's see yours! 1 minute ago
- › Good Points for a Hi-Fi review? 1 minute ago
- › The AK320 thread 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Am I a heartless monster... 2 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 3 minutes ago
- › New - Cowon Plenue S 3 minutes ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 4 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › EasGear Morul U5 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds by James Mash
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by Pastapipo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...