Unless GR10 is significantly more detail sounding the e-Q5/e-Q7, I find it hard to believe any IEM can really 'upgrade' the ER4 sound. Then again, an ER4S out of Stepdance is one of those rig I don't find anything needs to be changed :D
- brandEtymotictagged by System, 8/20/10
- productEtymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productEtymotic Research ER4B MicroPro Binaural In-Ear Earphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- productEtymotic Research ER4S MicroPro Reference Earphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/20/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/20/10
Related Forum Threads
- [REVIEW] Etymotic ER4P / ER4S - The Living Legends Last post on 2/18/15 at 4:27pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need help choosing out of these 8 IEMs (First time here :P ) Last post on 7/25/12 at 6:45pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- looking for durable iem's Last post on 7/27/12 at 9:11am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Vsonic GR07 MK2 - stunning new cable! | bio-cel tech IEM | now with review - see 2nd post Last post on 1/10/15 at 4:44am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- In Ears for $300 Last post on 3/18/14 at 3:49pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Cayin C5DAC: A Deadly Challenger in the Portable Market *Please click on the photos for the highest quality. [[SPOILER]] About me & IntroductionI am a student who is a music...
Me: am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music from India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I bought these on Geekbuying after a considerable price drop to about $16 USD. Having missed out on the hype for the Piston 2, I decided to pick up the Piston 3 instead. The other bang-for-buck IEM...
My WA5-LE is by far the most expensive component in my system, but I can see why. The moment I un-packaged this very heavy piece of kit, I could tell I was in for a ride. By size alone it...
INTRODUCTION Being a fan of the RHA MA750 (RHA's first flagship IEM), I was quite excited to hear when RHA released the T10i. The new stainless shells, novel "memory wire" implementation,...
Etymotic ER 4? - Page 7post #91 of 1033/25/11 at 11:09pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #92 of 1033/26/11 at 7:43am
GR10 has 90% of the detail ER4 has but is much more dynamic sounding and musical and can handle busier passages than the ER4....unless using an amp of course. I see ER4 best for classical, acoustic or strictly reference listening.post #93 of 1033/26/11 at 11:40amQuote:
yup, that's right. nice silk shirt, spyro.post #94 of 1034/15/11 at 10:14pm
Just got my er4p 3days ago, I was so impressed by this little iem, it has so much details!!! From my memory(I don't have a chance to make a derect copmarison cos I've sold them), its detail is better than any iem I've owned, although its bass is not much as many, but its enough for many music genres. The soundstage is quite a magic, it has a small soundstage but you will never feel congested. Its now become my favourate iem.post #95 of 1034/16/11 at 6:26ampost #96 of 1034/16/11 at 2:38pmpost #97 of 1034/17/11 at 3:30ampost #98 of 1036/29/12 at 5:35pmpost #99 of 10312/25/12 at 8:46ampost #100 of 10312/25/12 at 10:26am
Very relevant, I find it difficult to move to another IEM, all sound 'manipulated' in one way or another against the ER4S! There are other factors concerning crossover problems and channel imbalance that you don't have to worry about with the Ety's. The isolation is also unsurpassed. I've had some magical moment with them over the years, more wow moments than any other headphone. Bought and sold a couple of sets, added an aftermarket cable that made the microphonics worse :o ! I've fallen for the CIEM hype a few times and while they do a lot of things differently I would not place them above the ER4 in a poll, if you consider value for money in the equation. I have recently bought the T1-live hoping it would replace the ety and it has sat unused as I value neutrality over most other things. If I could have any one earphone on a desert island it would most definitely be the ER4S (or maybe B).post #101 of 10312/25/12 at 11:06amQuote:
Excellent value for money imo - annoying microphonics but good sound and the highs are just straight out amazing with female vocals.post #102 of 10312/25/12 at 11:32amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Etymotic ER 4?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 5 minutes ago
- › 🌅 Official 2015 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 18, 2015, Doubletree San... 6 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 8 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 8 minutes ago
- › Fit for a Bat! – Flagship IEMs Shootout (#8, #7, #6 reviewed, 5... 8 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 10 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 11 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by xkonfuzed
- › TCG Audio TRD3+ Desktop HeadAmp & 32/384DAC by YoYo JoKeR
- › Xiaomi Pistons 3.0 in-ear headphones by FYLegend
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Nosbig
- › RHA T20 by nmatheis
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)