RME Babyface and HD650 is superior, IMO. juno.co.uk
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
- brandNuForcetagged by System, 8/18/10
- productNuForce Icon HDP (High-end Headphone Amp, USB DAC, Preamp)tagged by System, 8/18/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 8/18/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/18/10
- productSennheiser HD 600tagged by System, 8/18/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/18/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD 600 Cable Last post on 10/12/11 at 7:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- One of many... Last post on 10/17/11 at 10:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser-closed Last post on 8/1/12 at 9:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 525 Repair Help? Last post on 6/1/11 at 9:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheisers fall from grace. Last post on 3/9/11 at 4:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
First real setup: Nuforce Icon HDP + HD650's? (best under $1000)? - Page 2post #16 of 184/30/12 at 2:19pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 184/30/12 at 3:13pmpost #18 of 185/1/12 at 11:58am
Own the HDP, and own an HD600 and it's a great combination so I don't doubt that HDP+HD650 will produce a great output.
Like someone already mentioned, the NuForce Icon HDP tends to be bright so it goes really good with smooth/warm headphones (Heck, even my Pannies sound a bit better on it!). So be careful when choosing your headphones on the HDP (or any other NuForce amp as it seems this is their signature...)
Good Luck and enjoy!
- First real setup: Nuforce Icon HDP + HD650's? (best under $1000)?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New guy, looking for suggestions sub $250 (Not your standard request) 25 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 1 minute ago
- › HD800 Colorware Jet Black with 10' Balanced DHC Molecule Cable 1 minute ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 1 minute ago
- › The NEW JVC HA-S400. Affordable Carbon Nanotube cans for the masses. 2 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 4 minutes ago
- › foobar permanently altering flac/m4a files to replaygain 4 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)