The RE0 is not hard to drive, but you do not get the fullness the RE0 is capable of with the lower power output of most DAPs. More power pushes the RE0 into a more satisfying sound.
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE2 In-ear Headphonestagged by System, 8/17/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE ZEROtagged by System, 8/17/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 8/17/10
- brandHiFiMANtagged by System, 8/17/10
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 8/17/10
Related Forum Threads
- RE0 RE-ZERO or DBA-02 ?? Last post on 9/8/10 at 11:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Are the Hifiman RE0 the same as the Head Direct RE0? Last post on 9/3/10 at 12:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Someone put an end to my IEM frustration. Last post on 7/20/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE2 to RE0? Last post on 7/30/11 at 3:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fischer DBA-02 Vs. HD 580 Vs. Sexttet LP Vs. RE-0/ZERO Vs. UE Triple-Fi 10 Last post on 7/26/11 at 6:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/14
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
I've always looked into "budget-fi" since I've got more interested in proper headphones thus making me get the CALs, Takstar Pro 80s and now the Somic MH463. I will be doing some direct comparisons...
RE2 --> RE0? RE Zero? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 208/16/10 at 10:23pmpost #18 of 208/16/10 at 11:58pmQuote:
Exactly ! They can be driven straight out of most players but they have a lot more potential which is revealed with an amp .
post #19 of 208/17/10 at 12:02pmQuote:
yep! I listen to my RE0s and just the ipod when running, and they do sound well at half volume on the iPod, but the amp does improve the sound.post #20 of 208/22/10 at 4:52am
The RE0 is a cost-effective upgrade from the RE2 (I have both) for use with an iPhone, iPod or Clip+. The RE0 sounds better with an amp, but it's not worth the extra expense/equipment for portable use. The RE0/Clip+ is a nice combo for commuting.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE2 --> RE0? RE Zero?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 3 seconds ago
- › Potential Purchase Woo WA7 Need help configuring with receiver and... 15 seconds ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 18 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 27 seconds ago
- › Light Harmonic GEEK 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 1 minute ago
- › Bluedio UFO 8 Drivers Bluetooth Headphones Review 2 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 2 minutes ago
- › Sonarworks Headphone Calibration software 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › PSB M4U 1 by squee116
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2