The RE0 is not hard to drive, but you do not get the fullness the RE0 is capable of with the lower power output of most DAPs. More power pushes the RE0 into a more satisfying sound.
Related Forum Threads
- RE0 RE-ZERO or DBA-02 ?? Last post on 9/8/10 at 11:04am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Someone put an end to my IEM frustration. Last post on 7/20/12 at 1:11pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE2 to RE0? Last post on 7/30/11 at 3:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fischer DBA-02 Vs. HD 580 Vs. Sexttet LP Vs. RE-0/ZERO Vs. UE Triple-Fi 10 Last post on 7/26/11 at 6:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Most neutral iem/ around ear headphones for unamped clip+? Last post on 7/18/12 at 9:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Grado Modification Overview
Edited on 9/27/11
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeEdited on 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaEdited on 1/6/13
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationEdited on 5/7/10
I read reviews on this and I said let me try this out, for $10 I couldn't lose. This surpassed all of expectations for a $10 IEM. I am going to purchase a set for my wife, she was also blown...
Fanmusic is a distributor and a brand of Chinese audio-equipment which also has an eBay store. I was contacted by Tony, their manager a while ago and he informed me that they were working...
Very nice amp for mid-fiers to entry high-fiers. The sound quality and specs are very good for the price. Works very well with Jazz and Classical music in particular (not that rock and...
My pair was a supposed demo model from one of Hifiman's retailers. They came in mint condition, which is lucky for me. I'm not using a balanced cable yet, but I already feel it's a good upgrade...
RE2 --> RE0? RE Zero? - Page 2
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 208/16/10 at 10:23pmpost #18 of 208/16/10 at 11:58pmQuote:
Exactly ! They can be driven straight out of most players but they have a lot more potential which is revealed with an amp .
post #19 of 208/17/10 at 12:02pmQuote:
yep! I listen to my RE0s and just the ipod when running, and they do sound well at half volume on the iPod, but the amp does improve the sound.post #20 of 208/22/10 at 4:52am
The RE0 is a cost-effective upgrade from the RE2 (I have both) for use with an iPhone, iPod or Clip+. The RE0 sounds better with an amp, but it's not worth the extra expense/equipment for portable use. The RE0/Clip+ is a nice combo for commuting.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- RE2 --> RE0? RE Zero?
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 12 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 2 minutes ago
- › "Mad Dog" by MrSpeakers, modified Fostex T50RP review 3 minutes ago
- › FS/FT: Sennheiser Amperior LIKE NEW (blue - Authorized Refurb from... 4 minutes ago
- › Speaker output from RCA input lower when minijack input connected... 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 5 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › First Time Poster - Looking for advice to help me become a... 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › Monoprice 8320 IEM by Taharqa
- › Fanmusic MS-E1011 by ItsMeHere
- › Audio-gd NFB-5 by citadel
- › HE-5LE by JamesHuntington
- › Kozee Sound Solutions Infinity X2 by Insight Reviews
- › JVC HA M750 by tinamou62
- › Aurisonics ASG-2 by eke2k6
- › Sennheiser HD-558 by Tr1ckster
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe