Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AIAIAI TMA-1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AIAIAI TMA-1 - Page 61

post #901 of 1098

My personal opinion is that I prefer these over a hd650. Your mileage may vary. I found them to have clearer, more detailed, bass and highs. I suggest you try both and see which suits you. They're very different.

post #902 of 1098

I don't know if this was directed at just me specifically, but I do have both. My HD650's and my HeadRoom amp are actually for sale. I got these hoping these would satisfy me enough to sell the other setup and I think they have. Either way, my other gear is for sale because I need cash. 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WobblyGoblin View Post

My personal opinion is that I prefer these over a hd650. Your mileage may vary. I found them to have clearer, more detailed, bass and highs. I suggest you try both and see which suits you. They're very different.



 

 

post #903 of 1098

i padded my headband:

 

Click on the pics to make them larger

 

tma1 pic 1.jpeg

 

tma1 pic2.jpeg

 

tma1 pic3.jpeg

 

feels much nicer now.

post #904 of 1098

Looks nice, jasonb. What was your method?

post #905 of 1098

It was pretty simply really. I took and cut a piece of the foam from the TMA-1's packaging. i then cut up a black sock to use as the cover for the foam. i then used spray adhesive to glue the fabric to the foam. then i used super glue to attach the whole piece to the headband. took me probably a half hour and cost me nothing since i had all the supplies already. it made it a hell of a lot more comfortable and it doesn't look half bad. the only complaint i had about this headphone was the comfort of the headband, and with the more comfortable HD650 being my prior headphone, i had to do something about it.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by epithetless View Post

Looks nice, jasonb. What was your method?



 

 

post #906 of 1098

If anyone's interested, the Beyerdynamic DT770/880/990 headband fits the TMA-1 just fine: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showpost.php?p=521853&postcount=172

 


Edited by dfkt - 9/12/11 at 1:01pm
post #907 of 1098

Do that many people find them uncomfortable? The stock TMA-1 was the most comfortable supra headphone I've ever used. I loved it...never had a problem with the headband.

post #908 of 1098

nice! how does it attach? does it just snap on?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfkt View Post

If anyone's interested, the Beyerdynamic DT770/880/990 headband fits the TMA-1 just fine: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showpost.php?p=521853&postcount=172

 



 

 

post #909 of 1098

It wraps around and has push buttons on the outside:

 

http://static.trustedreviews.com/f7d590%7C6d58_10809-dt770pro2.jpg

post #910 of 1098

Thanks dfkt, been looking for that headband for a while. Totally forgot where I saw it... thought it was here, but it was apparently on ABi. Now I have the site bookmarked and I'll be buying it with my next paycheck! Sweet!

post #911 of 1098

can you share the link? im having trouble finding one.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post

Thanks dfkt, been looking for that headband for a while. Totally forgot where I saw it... thought it was here, but it was apparently on ABi. Now I have the site bookmarked and I'll be buying it with my next paycheck! Sweet!



Also, just realized that wearing them with the fit a bit more forward angles the cups on their pivots and actually gives nice depth to the sound-stage. Kind of like having cups with angled drivers like the HD800's or such. I'm listening to the brand new Dream Theater album right now with the TMA's and my iPhone and it sounds great.


Edited by jasonb - 9/13/11 at 7:44am
post #912 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonb View Post

can you share the link? im having trouble finding one.
 



Also, just realized that wearing them with the fit a bit more forward angles the cups on their pivots and actually gives nice depth to the sound-stage. Kind of like having cups with angled drivers like the HD800's or such. I'm listening to the brand new Dream Theater album right now with the TMA's and my iPhone and it sounds great.


Sure can!

 

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/spare-parts/kopfpolster.html

 

Not a bad price either considering that it is direct from Beyer.

post #913 of 1098

to bad shipping is 10 bucks as well. i will order one eventually, but i'll make due with what i have for a lil bit. 
 

thanks for the link though.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuuketsuki View Post




Sure can!

 

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/hah/spare-parts/kopfpolster.html

 

Not a bad price either considering that it is direct from Beyer.



 

 

post #914 of 1098

Hi guys! Do any of you know any online shop that sells the mic cable? Even if it is of another brand. I bought one on ebay that was supposedly "Monster iSonitalk", it works but its not the original one, in fact I think it is a copy. The control works well and it does sound, but the sound it gives is not as good as the one I get with the stock coiled cable. The sound with the supposed "iSonitalk" is distant and all the soundstage of the TMA-1´s is lost :( so I would like to know if there´s an international shipping retailer that sells a good sounding mic cable (if it´s posible the original AIAIAI one). 

post #915 of 1098
Quote:
Originally Posted by bojito View Post

Hi guys! Do any of you know any online shop that sells the mic cable? Even if it is of another brand. I bought one on ebay that was supposedly "Monster iSonitalk", it works but its not the original one, in fact I think it is a copy. The control works well and it does sound, but the sound it gives is not as good as the one I get with the stock coiled cable. The sound with the supposed "iSonitalk" is distant and all the soundstage of the TMA-1´s is lost :( so I would like to know if there´s an international shipping retailer that sells a good sounding mic cable (if it´s posible the original AIAIAI one). 


 

Not sure if this will help, but I did come across http://theghostlystore.com/products/tma-1-headphones... Apparently they recognize the demand for them. I'm not sure what will come of contacting them, but it wouldn't hurt to try.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AIAIAI TMA-1