When should we expect to get the IEMs?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JVC HA-FXT90 Thread Last post on 3/21/16 at 12:57am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Wood? Last post on 3/10/11 at 7:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fake JVC FX500 is here, photos inside. Last post on 2/7/12 at 9:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- new iems - cheap or expensive? Last post on 10/18/12 at 9:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Audeo PFE232 vs AudioTechnica CK-100 vs Sennheiser IE80 Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I was able to get these from a friend who used their employee discount, so ignore the price paid. I would consider myself a rookie when it comes to headphones, but not sound quality. My...
Best looking closed headphone on the market that acts just like a open headphone but brings the advantages of a closed headphone such as detail and imaging... It is combining both worlds and packs...
Hello people i guess its the time for me to review the WA5-LE and in this Part i will be covering the Takatsuki 300B Tubes. in Part 02 i will be covering the Elrog 300B (latest/newest...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Omega FE-321 (Spark) is a lively little wonder of an IEM with a sparkly, bright sound and tiny footprint. The current price is US$59. Below is the...
About Me: I prefer IEMs over full size because of portability and comfort, though I have owned and own a a couple full size cans. I am a 29 year old music lover, i listen to all genres from R&B to...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
James444's IEM giveaway thread (competition has ended - see post #344 and #354 for winners!) - Page 29
Today i got the ath-ckm70 from the post office. First impressions are very good. Neutral, flat sound with sparkly treble punchy bass and wide soundstage. They are also very easy to drive with my 5800. All in all, i think they are a very underrated pair of phones especially as they do some things, that usually give trouble to dynamics, really well (speed and transparency) . I will probably write a more detailed review when i've listened to them for a week or two.
Thank you James!
Today I received the Cyclone PR2.
I haven't had enough time to make a clear image of how they sound nor it has been in the best conditions, but they have a nice bass response for an IEM. The mids are a bit recessed for my tastes but they do sound great with funk and hip-hop rock (Gorillaz).
I am no basshead, and I tend to prefer a more even sound signature, however I feel they are a good compliment for my other IEMs.
Will give them a longer listen. Thanks James444.
It seems a very good match, but i think that it has more to do with the sound signature of the 5800 vs your Sony. There is no doubt that the sony has a better dac and more juice to offer, but i suspect that it also has a brighter sound that makes the already bright ath-ckm70 sound harsh. I've also tried them with an amp (full sized) and the output of my pc, and the results so far have been very consistent.
All in all, i am pleasantly surprised by them. They don't have the timbre, sub bass or insane/psychedelic imaging of the DDMs, but they offer some great highs, with better transparency and an airy soundstage that is consistently wide (unlike the DDMs that resize it all the time). I'd say they complement each other very well, and that says allot, as i am very fond of my DDMs.
Well, you can judge, you just can't condemn. The way we perceive others, is usually through their action and choices. In effect we always judge, weight and categorize most actions that we witness and we usually do this unconsciously (most thought patterns work that way).
My opinion (and you know what they say about opinions) is that when you consciously and actively judge another's action, it's essential to know all the facts that lead to this action/decision or else you are only succeeding at imposing your morality to others and morality is a very vague word with a subjective meaning.
I won't for example, ever sell the pair of phones i won, because my morality applies symbolism to selfless acts. So i feel compelled to show respect for the present, because it has gained a symbolic value besides the monetary value all goods have. My morality though, also dictates that a present is a present, and the recipient has the right to do with it what ever he/she wants. That's my moral code though and i wouldn't impose it on others.
Just citing your post because I love it, it's one of the most thoughtful and level-headed I've read in a long time.
No wonder that some of the world's greatest philosophers stem from Greece.
Once again, as far as I am concerned the winners have my explicit consent to do whatever they want with their prizes.
It seems a very good match, but i think that it has more to do with the sound signature of the 5800 vs your Sony. There is no doubt that the sony has a better dac and more juice to offer, but i suspect that it also has a brighter sound that makes the already bright ath-ckm70 sound harsh.
It wasn't only the Sony, they didn't like the Fuze and Cowon i9 either, only the AMP3. Rather picky beasts, at least with my DAPs.
- James444's IEM giveaway thread (competition has ended - see post #344 and #354 for winners!)
- › Music Game IX 10 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 11 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 16 seconds ago
- › VR headsets 2016 53 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Help picking headphones for PC 1 minute ago
- › Are you a console or PC gamer? 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Launch (With Impressions) - Head-Fi TV 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 4 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 6 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by dlo13
- › Fostex TH 900 by roxrite
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Shini44
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by crabdog
- › MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III by Lurk650
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by slowpickr
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by jjacq
- › Soundaware Esther by WCDchee
- › Fischer Audio Omega Twin by crabdog
- › Little Dot MK II by Jay Sullivan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...