When should we expect to get the IEMs?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- JVC HA-FXT90 Thread Last post on 6/25/15 at 9:57pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Wood? Last post on 3/10/11 at 7:15am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Fake JVC FX500 is here, photos inside. Last post on 2/7/12 at 9:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- new iems - cheap or expensive? Last post on 10/18/12 at 9:09am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Phonak Audeo PFE232 vs AudioTechnica CK-100 vs Sennheiser IE80 Last post on 12/8/12 at 6:17am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Last edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Audiosense is a new headphone brand in China which surprisingly produces many qualities headphones. The model V2mix4 comes from 4 drivers which are the combination of dynamic drivers and balanced...
Microsoft Lumia 435 Quick Review Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/773374/microsoft-lumia-435-review-by-mark2410 Brief: An insanely cheap wonder device. Price: £30 payg or...
Sorry for my bad English and short impressions. Z7s highs are roll offed. Z7 sounds fatigue free for long listening session. Comfortability is also very good. Z7 sounds analog-ish. when you...
Introduction: CustomArt is a relatively new custom IEM company that has very quickly grew into one of the big names in business. Hailing from Poland, the company has a well-respected line of...
I made a video review of the dt770 80ohm quite sometime ago and was finally finished it. I got them on sale at Guitar Center for $179.99 , the deal was better than anywhere on the web so I...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
James444's IEM giveaway thread (competition has ended - see post #344 and #354 for winners!) - Page 29
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Today i got the ath-ckm70 from the post office. First impressions are very good. Neutral, flat sound with sparkly treble punchy bass and wide soundstage. They are also very easy to drive with my 5800. All in all, i think they are a very underrated pair of phones especially as they do some things, that usually give trouble to dynamics, really well (speed and transparency) . I will probably write a more detailed review when i've listened to them for a week or two.
Thank you James!
Today I received the Cyclone PR2.
I haven't had enough time to make a clear image of how they sound nor it has been in the best conditions, but they have a nice bass response for an IEM. The mids are a bit recessed for my tastes but they do sound great with funk and hip-hop rock (Gorillaz).
I am no basshead, and I tend to prefer a more even sound signature, however I feel they are a good compliment for my other IEMs.
Will give them a longer listen. Thanks James444.
It seems a very good match, but i think that it has more to do with the sound signature of the 5800 vs your Sony. There is no doubt that the sony has a better dac and more juice to offer, but i suspect that it also has a brighter sound that makes the already bright ath-ckm70 sound harsh. I've also tried them with an amp (full sized) and the output of my pc, and the results so far have been very consistent.
All in all, i am pleasantly surprised by them. They don't have the timbre, sub bass or insane/psychedelic imaging of the DDMs, but they offer some great highs, with better transparency and an airy soundstage that is consistently wide (unlike the DDMs that resize it all the time). I'd say they complement each other very well, and that says allot, as i am very fond of my DDMs.
Well, you can judge, you just can't condemn. The way we perceive others, is usually through their action and choices. In effect we always judge, weight and categorize most actions that we witness and we usually do this unconsciously (most thought patterns work that way).
My opinion (and you know what they say about opinions) is that when you consciously and actively judge another's action, it's essential to know all the facts that lead to this action/decision or else you are only succeeding at imposing your morality to others and morality is a very vague word with a subjective meaning.
I won't for example, ever sell the pair of phones i won, because my morality applies symbolism to selfless acts. So i feel compelled to show respect for the present, because it has gained a symbolic value besides the monetary value all goods have. My morality though, also dictates that a present is a present, and the recipient has the right to do with it what ever he/she wants. That's my moral code though and i wouldn't impose it on others.
Just citing your post because I love it, it's one of the most thoughtful and level-headed I've read in a long time.
No wonder that some of the world's greatest philosophers stem from Greece.
Once again, as far as I am concerned the winners have my explicit consent to do whatever they want with their prizes.
It seems a very good match, but i think that it has more to do with the sound signature of the 5800 vs your Sony. There is no doubt that the sony has a better dac and more juice to offer, but i suspect that it also has a brighter sound that makes the already bright ath-ckm70 sound harsh.
It wasn't only the Sony, they didn't like the Fuze and Cowon i9 either, only the AMP3. Rather picky beasts, at least with my DAPs.
- James444's IEM giveaway thread (competition has ended - see post #344 and #354 for winners!)
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 15 seconds ago
- › JDS Labs Element 35 seconds ago
- › SONY Z7 - Hi5 Personal Impression 50 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › FiiO Mont Blanc/E12 portable headphone amp, 880mW, slim design,... 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 3 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by speedsters
- › Microsoft Lumia 435 UNLOCKED Windows Phone 8 WP8 2G GSM... by mark2410
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Pokemonn
- › CustomArt Ei.3 acrylic custom IEM by Cotnijoe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by ActiveTechREV
- › Westone W50 Five Driver Universal Fit Noise Isolating Earphones, 78505 by twister6
- › MrSpeakers Ether Planar Magnetic Headphones by Currawong
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by maikuirock
- › Superlux HD-668 B by ingenero
- › Sony PHA-3 Headphone Amp by cloud_c
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)