Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread) - Page 651  

post #9751 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by uzi View Post

One thing that's not clear is if it's the original one or the newer one that is tube rollable.  Looks like they've got the specs for the newer one up, but that doesn't mean it's one or the other.  If I were to buy that, I'd be asking when it was bought from Schiit.

That one has an old SN. The SN on mine is 497, and it's the older model Valhalla. Anyone interested and new to tube amps, be sure to ask the guy how long he thinks the tubes have run for. A replacement set will cost you $40; not much of a savings over new, to be honest..

 

PS: If I'm not mistaken, the newer models are slightly more efficient (40W vs 45W).

post #9752 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xprime4 View Post

i got these.

refurbushed? what does it mean in headphone ?new drivers?

 

The same as with any refurbished item. Basically it means they were returned at some point, either because something was wrong or someone simply decided not to keep them, and they were "fixed" (if necessary) and returned to like-new condition and then sold at a discount.

post #9753 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post

Look at this on eBay:

Anyone looking for a great price on the Pro 900's here you go!! $289 OBO brand new plus free shipping

Ultrasone PRO 900 Closed-Back Headphones - NEW

http://bit.ly/Zaj6Fz

 

Attention Buyers: Use the direct link instead of the link going through a site, which collects statistics.  confused.gif

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251228445628

post #9754 of 9815

Excuse me. I want to buy a used E7 Amplifer. But I am confused which conditon should I jump on it. Will the price of amp drop faster? 

 

Is this a good deal for $60 ?

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003N0XDT4/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

post #9755 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckc4043 View Post

Excuse me. I want to buy a used E7 Amplifer. But I am confused which conditon should I jump on it. Will the price of amp drop faster? 

 

Is this a good deal for $60 ?

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003N0XDT4/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

At that price point, you're honestly better off paying the extra $2 for Amazon's "Like New" condition. I can't comment myself since I have no access to Amazon Warehouse deals (Canadian), but I've heard from others on here that "Like New" can imply that the product hasn't even been opened and the box may just have an imperfection on it.

post #9756 of 9815

Thank you for your quick responses. I may jump on the like new condition, but is it a good price for E7? This is my first time to buy amp. I am afraid I buy the expensive one although it is in warehouse deal.

post #9757 of 9815

why E7 and not E07K?

post #9758 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckc4043 View Post

Thank you for your quick responses. I may jump on the like new condition, but is it a good price for E7? This is my first time to buy amp. I am afraid I buy the expensive one although it is in warehouse deal.

food for thought: from the factory, the e7's come with a protective film already applied to the top surface. This film often looks pitted, scratched, and is a real pain to remove right out of the box(in other words: brand new units look used; like someone decided to use it as a shuffle puck, before carelessly shoving it back in the box). I'm guessing that the "good" condition units may actually be like-new, and the staff at Amazon havent picked up on there being a film present.

Anyway, If you plan to use the e7 as a DAC first (like a laptop or PC), then it's a pretty darn good unit; but I wouldnt spend the money if all you plan to do is use it as an amp (you'll want something like an e11 instead)


Edited by aleki - 2/13/13 at 11:43pm
post #9759 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleki View Post

food for thought: from the factory, the e7's come with a protective film already applied to the top surface. This film often looks pitted, scratched, and is a real pain to remove right out of the box(in other words: brand new units look used; like someone decided to use it as a shuffle puck, before carelessly shoving it back in the box). I'm guessing that the "good" condition units may actually be like-new, and the staff at Amazon havent picked up on there being a film present.

Anyway, If you plan to use the e7 as a DAC first (like a laptop or PC), then it's a pretty darn good unit; but I wouldnt spend the money if all you plan to do is use it as an amp (you'll want something like an e11 instead)

Thank you for your quick responses. I think I always listen to the music in my laptop. That means E7 is suitable for me? Is $60 a good deal? Moreover,is the difference between e7 and e7k large?

e7k is more expensive than e7, which is out of my budget. Thanks.

post #9760 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckc4043 View Post

Thank you for your quick responses. I think I always listen to the music in my laptop. That means E7 is suitable for me? Is $60 a good deal? Moreover,is the difference between e7 and e7k large?

e7k is more expensive than e7, which is out of my budget. Thanks.

http://www.fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000012071912&MenuID=105026002

 

and a better DAC

post #9761 of 9815

I am still on the fence on e7 after someone notice me of e7k, but it is more expensive about $20 bucks and there is no warehouse deal in e7k. Well...Anyone can help me to make a choice? Thank

post #9762 of 9815

I'm going to quote what someone else discovered:

 


Quote:

Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

 

OMG just found Dt 990 Pro 250 NEW for $159 dollars :O [that's $20 cheaper than B&H] in addition the site is http://www.spectrumaudio.com/, and u get 5% off ur first purcahse so it's it's valid and I thin it is [I called thier hot line and I'm chatting with support] I can get dt 990 pro 250's for $125 :O that's USED price for NEW cans :D [it's only $50 savings but that;s pretty damn good :D] 
 
I take that back, it seems spectrum audio sells refrubished/used/returned items as well... still it's $125 for the first can with the addition of a reutrn policy and a warranty [I buy used stuff so what do i care] I'm trying to work a cheaper price though, so let's see what they can throw me! 
 
But I'll get getting my Schiit Modi and dt 990s here in a week :D

Edited by Trae - 2/14/13 at 11:36am
post #9763 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckc4043 View Post

I am still on the fence on e7 after someone notice me of e7k, but it is more expensive about $20 bucks and there is no warehouse deal in e7k. Well...Anyone can help me to make a choice? Thank

 

I would go with the e07k. Being an owner of both the E17 and the E7, the E7 just sounds anemic. I'm pretty sure the E17 and the E07k have very similar amp specs too, so I am basing my recommendation off of that. The E7 also has a headphone jack problem that should be corrected with the E07K. 

post #9764 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post

I'm going to quote what someone else discovered:

how good is this deal?
post #9765 of 9815

Joey Ramone's record collection is up for auction.

http://www.rrauction.com/bidtracker_detail.cfm?IN=313

 

beerchug.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)