Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread) - Page 631  

post #9451 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post


Get the wood one from where??

umm, wups.. looks like the one I bought last year doubled in price. I like it because the hook part is flat enough where the headphones are less likeley to fall off, and its taller than the Rocketfish stand, so I can leave my headphones hanging at their extended position.. Keep an eye out; different style banana stands show up now and then.

 

Edit: mug trees may also do the trick. You may even be able to wrap the excess cable around two pegs smile.gif


Edited by aleki - 1/31/13 at 10:30pm
post #9452 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleki View Post

umm, wups.. looks like the one I bought last year doubled in price. I like it because the hook part is flat enough where the headphones are less likeley to fall off, and its taller than the Rocketfish stand, so I can leave my headphones hanging at their extended position.. Keep an eye out; different style banana stands show up now and then.

 

Edit: mug trees may also do the trick. You may even be able to wrap the excess cable around two pegs smile.gif

 

Not a bargain, but I really like this one, and it's made for headphones, not bananas! bigsmile_face.gif

post #9453 of 9815

I bought 2 of these when it was on sale for $5, but even at $8 it's not bad at all

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Rocketfish%26%23153%3B+-+Rocketfish%26%23153%3B+Universal+Headset+Stand/3526165.p?id=1218408987392&skuId=3526165&st=rockerfish%20headset&cp=1&lp=4

 

It's plastic and weighed at the bottom, but doesn't look too shabby.

post #9454 of 9815

Also grabbed one when it was $5. The only issue I have is with the part where the headband rests on the stand- it's not flat, but pointed. This may be problematic with some headphones.

post #9455 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by viralcow View Post

Also grabbed one when it was $5. The only issue I have is with the part where the headband rests on the stand- it's not flat, but pointed. This may be problematic with some headphones.

I don't see how it's a problem, its shaped that way so that headphones don't accidentally roll off. It's not pointed, it's curved and its smooth and not "pointed" or jagged or sharp or anything that would damage the HPs

post #9456 of 9815
I think he means that its concave when it should be convex so there aren't edges digging into your headband.
post #9457 of 9815

I'd rather not have two pressure points on the headband. I've had both the SRH1840 and DT1350 get press marks over their headband padding and I'm afraid letting it sit for a couple days like that may lead to some issues.

post #9458 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by viralcow View Post

I'd rather not have two pressure points on the headband. I've had both the SRH1840 and DT1350 get press marks over their headband padding and I'm afraid letting it sit for a couple days like that may lead to some issues.

Not that I use it for any expensive headphones, but the Rocketfish stand has been fine for the mehish headphones I occasionally rest on it.

 

I baby anything > $500 and am somewhat less careful with stuff under that price point (i.e. too lazy to put on the stand), so they haven't seen much use.

post #9459 of 9815

"Like new" Grado PS-500 Professional Series Headphones for $479 shipped from One Call through Amazon:

 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B005W1BXC6/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&colid=3TMR6IEFCG0JX&coliid=I310D53CYMEFP4&condition=used

 

Or directly:

 

http://www.onecall.com/grado-ps500-open-box-professional-series-on-ear-headphone


Edited by KG Jag - 2/1/13 at 8:59am
post #9460 of 9815

The Grado PS1000 - Open Box - from One Call for $1,450 shipped:

 

http://www.onecall.com/catalog/product/view/id/25795/s/grado-ps1000-open-box-on-ear-stereo-headphones/

post #9461 of 9815

The rocketfish stand wasn't so good for my HD600 because the pressure points dug into the padding, but it's perfect for my Mad Dogs because the headband is leather and can't really deform. So depends on your cans I suppose. Also, it wasn't tall enough for my 600s...

post #9462 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by anoxy View Post

The rocketfish stand wasn't so good for my HD600 because the pressure points dug into the padding, but it's perfect for my Mad Dogs because the headband is leather and can't really deform. So depends on your cans I suppose. Also, it wasn't tall enough for my 600s...

I use them for my D2000 and HD650, and I haven't seen any problems. IMO if you're buying $400ish cans and they get messed up by resting on something like the rocketfish, i would greatly question the quality and the price we pay for this stuff. Yes SQ is important...but it doesn't cost a ton for durability also :)

post #9463 of 9815
Seems Amazon is getting desperate with the massive amount of Denon AH-D600 returns.
I got an email today specifically pointing out their used prices for the item, simply because I have looked at the product page before.
post #9464 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by niten View Post

Seems Amazon is getting desperate with the massive amount of Denon AH-D600 returns.
I got an email today specifically pointing out their used prices for the item, simply because I have looked at the product page before.

If the price drop below $230 I pick up a pair. 

post #9465 of 9815
Quote:
Originally Posted by niten View Post

Seems Amazon is getting desperate with the massive amount of Denon AH-D600 returns.
I got an email today specifically pointing out their used prices for the item, simply because I have looked at the product page before.

 

Are the D600's really that bad? I would think they should at least be better than the D2000...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Deals Thread (CLOSED! See the last post for the link to the new thread)